Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (19927 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Mickeyj: 6:07pm On May 12, 2022
Good day. Nice thread. I want to venture into cassava farming. What's the best specie to plant and what are the necessary process for one to follow. Only cassava no inter-cropping. Thanks
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Mickeyj: 6:08pm On May 12, 2022
Mickeyj:
Good day. Nice thread. I want to venture into cassava farming. What's the best specie to plant and what are the necessary process for one to follow. Only cassava no inter-cropping. Thanks
@farmerakinloye
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:55am On May 13, 2022
Mickeyj:
good! If the land is plough able, do plough and ridge if not brush,burn and then heap. Look for this specie, it is called white lion in Ondo state, I don't no what is call in your area, the difference between this specie and tme 419 is white (Both the tuber and the stem) it also perform better in terms of starch and yield. Lastly, make sure it weed Free!

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Mickeyj: 7:03am On May 13, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
good! If the land is plough able, do plough and ridge if not brush,burn and then heap. Look for this specie, it is called white lion in Ondo state, I don't no what is call in your area, the difference between this specie and tme 419 is white (Both the tuber and the stem) it also perform better in terms of starch and yield. Lastly, make sure it weed Free!

Thanks for your prompt response. I guess this specie is better for garri production. Also how long does this specie stay before harvest.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2022
Mickeyj:

Thanks for your prompt response. I guess this specie is better for garri production. Also how long does this specie stay before harvest.
yes the best! Market women will buy it first before any other ones. It command respect Both in starch mill and market. You can start harvest by 9 month, but I advise 12 month.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Mickeyj: 3:15pm On May 13, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
yes the best! Market women will buy it first before any other ones. It command respect Both in starch mill and market. You can start harvest by 9 month, but I advise 12 month.

Ok. Will keep you updated. Thanks
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Agemech: 8:16am On May 28, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
100cm by 70cm because am intercropping it with cassava,17kg per hectare.
Pls can one mix Atrazine with Glyphosate + 2,4d immediately after planting maize?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:32pm On May 31, 2022
Agemech:
Pls can one mix Atrazine with Glyphosate + 2,4d immediately after planting maize?
have applied it once like that, and it worked but atrazine effectiveness was reduced. To me glyphosate +2-4d is okay, all this chemical are expensive.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
@ Farmerakinloye6.
Any maize project this season.? Please update us. Keep up the good work.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
northbird:
@ Farmerakinloye6.
Any maize project this season.? Please update us. Keep up the good work.
I will not be planting maize and cassava this year because am too busy! Harvesting of cassava has started yesterday... one dyna load this morning...I will detail the next load...

4 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 4:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I will not be planting maize and cassava this year because am too busy! Harvesting of cassava has started yesterday... one dyna load this morning...I will detail the next load...
Waoh. That's good.
How much is cabstar presently?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Liadi2(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2022
70k and the farmer will receive 60k after uprooting
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
Liadi2:
70k and the farmer will receive 60k after uprooting

You mean a whole cabstar for 60 bucks embarassed
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Liadi2(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
northbird:

You mean a whole cabstar for 60 bucks embarassed
Yes
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 8:20am On Jun 15, 2022
I just cleared a land yesterday, want to use it to maize. Created a thread about it too but I'm new to this agriculture. The land is about 1.5 plot.
The chemicals I bought already are attached with the specie of the maize.
Is this the best time to plant,? I'm in Ekiti
Thanks

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by amadasunfarm(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6VtxZwqUA Good monrning everyone please I want you to help me to accesss my maize that is in this video and I planted it towards the end of April and I want to dried it and use it to feed my pigs , I do not know if it will be okay because of the timing
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Emeraldfynest(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hello Sir, good evening. I'm annnnn Agric student working on a Pest and Disease management app. I will love to interview you about your experience on pests and diseases. This will only take 15-20 mins of WhatsApp chat. Can I send a pm pls?
amadasunfarm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6VtxZwqUA Good monrning everyone please I want you to help me to accesss my maize that is in this video and I planted it towards the end of April and I want to dried it and use it to feed my pigs , I do not know if it will be okay because of the timing
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Emeraldfynest(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good evening Sir, welldone for a great works on Nairaland. Pls if you won't mind, I'm an Agric student working on a Pest and Disease management app for farmers. I will like to interview you on WhatsApp for 15-20 mins sir. I really promise it won't exceed that. Can I send a pm pls?
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Obere4u:
I just cleared a land yesterday, want to use it to maize. Created a thread about it too but I'm new to this agriculture. The land is about 1.5 plot.
The chemicals I bought already are attached with the specie of the maize.
Is this the best time to plant,? I'm in Ekiti
Thanks
yes this is the best time.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
Harvesting is still ongoing... this is the medium am using to transport the cassava (short frame ford) to market women or company. The last one I took to company is 92k why market women are buying at 80k. Problem with company is they will not pay immediately (at least two weeks) why market women are paying immediately. Labourer uprooting,cut, pack and load are collecting 15k why driver collect 20k per full load. I will attach company receipt soon...

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
yes this is the best time.

Thanks a bunch
How about the force up chemical, is it good on both cassava and maize farm?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Harvesting is still ongoing... this is the medium am using to transport the cassava (short frame ford) to market women or company. The last one I took to company is 92k why market women are buying at 80k. Problem with company is they will not pay immediately (at least two weeks) why market women are paying immediately. Labourer uprooting,cut, pack and load are collecting 15k why driver collect 20k per full load. I will attach company receipt soon...

How many MT?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Obere4u:

Thanks a bunch
How about the force up chemical, is it good on both cassava and maize farm?
force up is systemic herbicide, which you will spray during preparation of your farm land, of course it is good. It only that oba supa I don't like, the germination is rapid but take longer to mature, it will bring two cob but will not be big. I only like it red color. To me the seed does not worth the price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
force up is systemic herbicide, which you will spray during preparation of your farm land, of course it is good. It only that oba supa I don't like, the germination is rapid but take longer to mature, it will bring two cob but will not be big. I only like it red color. To me the seed those not worth the price.

Thanks
Before planting, I should spray the chemicals?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2022
Obere4u:

Thanks
Before planting, I should spray the chemicals?
It depends on how you want to prepare your farmland. If it is brushing, packing and burning, there is know need to glyphosate, but if you want to spray and heap no problems too.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Kingofhoes: 9:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:

OP can you please do a detailed calculation for your profit at the end of your harvest. It will be well appreciated
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by TOPSSYMOSES: 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello sir @ Farmer Akinloye, please how can I get your maize specie, I need it, though I'm presently in Ekiti, and if Ekiti isn't possible I can send someone for that in Akure if it'll be available there, please I wanna buy
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 6:27am On Jun 20, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
It depends on how you want to prepare your farmland. If it is brushing, packing and burning, there is know need to glyphosate, but if you want to spray and heap no problems too.

Thanks so much
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
this is the receipt, am yet to be pay up till now.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
TOPSSYMOSES:
Hello sir @ Farmer Akinloye, please how can I get your maize specie, I need it, though I'm presently in Ekiti, and if Ekiti isn't possible I can send someone for that in Akure if it'll be available there, please I wanna buy
my maize had finished. It remain like 50kg I will plant next year.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingofhoes:

OP can you please do a detailed calculation for your profit at the end of your harvest. It will be well appreciated
let me say, I cut like 700 (least) bundle of cassava stem on one hectare at #500 per bundle, that is #350k on an hectare for just stem. Do you think I can spend 350k on maize and cassava from land preparation to harvesting? Right now I have more than 5,000 bundle stem (contract) I want to supply which I can not even get from my farm.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Obere4u: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
let me say, I cut like 700 (least) bundle of cassava stem on one hectare at #500 per bundle, that is #350k on an hectare for just stem. Do you think I can spend 350k on maize and cassava from land preparation to harvesting? Right now I have more than 5,000 bundle stem (contract) I want to supply which I can not even get from my farm.
Nice. We go partner soonest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UK Rejects Consignment Of Agric Produce From Nigeria / Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports / Highhill Plantain Village Now In The Heart Of Abeokuta, Ogun State *pic*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.