Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m (39422 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Togoxpress(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2023
This life no balance I swear, in another thread somebody open wine of 3million 😌😌😌😌😌

5 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Is04970: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2023
Buy LG fridge and roof the carton.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by saydfact(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2023
A small room, with a small kitchen and a toilet with shower head.

Using the method I described below.
https://www.nairaland.com/3523256/how-build-comfortable-house-earning

Note: Prices of materials and labour are not applicable again.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by xynerise: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2023
Only roofing alone has consumed half that amount. Unless you want to build a house that will collapse within a year
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by ehissi(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
What kind of house can I build with 3m

Hello!

The 2 most expensive portions of a building project are the top and the bottom......Meaning foundation and roofing, alongside the masonry that goes into the roofing.....

Then there's the fitting and furnishing after setting up the building, electricals/wiring, plumbing and septic tanks, surfacing and painting, bathroom/living room tiles or rug if you prefer!!

Plus the cost of labour that goes into doing these things.

I mean factor the general increase in cost of living (which will affect labour price), and cost of a bag pf cement and other resources like wood, nails and wiring......

Of which, we are assuming you already have land already, because to not have land and say you have 3million and need a house is mission impossible......

Except you want to use metal containers to build the house, which also has its own mad cost, because you will buy the container and then engage the services of a welder who will probably use generator which will create fuel costs.....

I feel its best for you to consider what kind of house you want over what land size/specification that you have, before you seek a budget estimate and then PUSH!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Porksupplyib: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2023
A One room self contained apartment is also a house na. I think 3m should do. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by bobbiiee: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2023
A room self con. You won't think of having survey plan, building plan, and other papes.

1 1500 blocks shd be fine.
2. Use slate for roofing.

Its a budget house. With a good hand. Its possible.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 11:41am On Jan 24, 2023
Depending on the location, It can take you to roofing. 2 or 3 bedroom bungalow.
SavageResponse:

A lot depends on the type of house and the location of the site.

But even if what you're building is just a very small bungalow 3 million will probably only take you to lintel or roofing level.

There's no point going to tie down your money if what you have is not enough to take the house to a reasonable level.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Olam09(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
And this is my end product

For this Nigeria?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Goddyrichie(m): 11:42am On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
Let’s all be serious when someone ask for help.it’s possible to have one bedroom with that funds I’ve done it before but you must be on site yourself and try to avoid cement where you can and expensive roofing materials, floor can be rug or quality rubber carpet and you have a house. See how I’m avoiding cement in this building
it seems this is how they build house in US

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by donbenz(m): 11:43am On Jan 24, 2023
Chatham house grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Officialgarri: 11:43am On Jan 24, 2023
For the sake of this thread, I will do a sample building and let's see how much it will cost ... But I believe #3m will build a reasonable house .

I'll also create a cost Microsoft excel sheet that everyone can access and see how possible a low-cost but design-wise building can go .

Soon ....

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by phemmyfour: 11:43am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
lolz

Nothing
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by delpee(f): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
this is it

Palm tree or bamboo?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Omoapena(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2023
If you already have the land, you will build 3 bed and roof it but not sure it will be enough to do the finishing like tiling and plumbing...

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by freenature: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2023
Fheelzz:
Tbh 3 million won't go a long way in this era, but I can design a plan for you
if he's gonna use mud bricks made in Naija at least he'd need extra 2million to build a standard 3bedroom duplex
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by djseanjohn77: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2023
Obierika:

Mr man 3million can never build you a bungalow in Nigeria in 2021 not to talk of a storey building, not even if you get free labour.

In 2018 I renovated my father's house in the village by installing floor tiles in the sitting room the foyer and 3 bedrooms, then I also changed the old louvres to aluminum sliding windows (about 8 windows of 6feet by 3feet), I also changed about 20 roofing sheets.

The total cost was 1.3 million!

This was ordinary renovation o!

You coming here to say that one can build a new house from the ground up and roof it with just 3 million is a big fat lie, it's not possible even if you use palm fronds or clay bricks that are sold for 50 Naira each.

I doubt if they know the cost of materials in the market recently. If 3-4 years ago, it cost 7 million to finish 3 bedroom, 2022, it cost 14m, and it has still not finish. I am talking from experience. Roofing a 3 bed all ensuite around April last year cost about 2.7 - 3 million (wood, w/manship, steptile sheets), parapet cost about 1m, german floor (oversight concrete) cost etc. I hope they know a cement now cost 4500, 5 ton sand cost 60k, granite cost 65k per small trip, 12mm rod cost N5,500 etc.

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by 9jaNoBeLagos: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2023
You can build this simple 2bedroom bungalow with 3m.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by seanwilliam(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2023
If you have a land already, 3 million will take it to lintel .

Roofing alone and parapet will take almost 4m . ( and I’ll advice you use stone coated , using step tiles is not worth it cos the price is just 200 naira different)
Plastering alone will take up to 1m ,

Window and doors will take atleast 1.5m
Tiles, pop , borehole , plumbing and conduit will take atleast 3m

To build a standard 3 bedroom flat , you’ll spend atleast 15m..
If you one rough am , you’ll spend 10m.

Anything below this, is rubbish even 1 bedroom will finish the money .

I’ll advice you to buy more lands in a new site with that money and keep for future. Or if u have steady flow of income then you can start building with 3m , if not , no try am. I’m talking from experience.
If you’re not financially stable, building house will finish you and at some point you’ll blame yourself for starting in the first place . If you’re still young , pls find money first

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by jeromestarks: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
Let’s all be serious when someone ask for help.it’s possible to have one bedroom with that funds I’ve done it before but you must be on site yourself and try to avoid cement where you can and expensive roofing materials, floor can be rug or quality rubber carpet and you have a house. See how I’m avoiding cement in this building
How much does this cost?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Akabuking: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
Soakaway
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by TYng06: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2023
If you are in construction industry, and the building is less designed in building one bedroom flat the amount will go a long way but otherwise the money cannot take you beyond roofing level in two bedroom flat

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by IyaTola: 11:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Do you know how much is sharp sand, alumium window a bag of cement or even a block?
lavylilly:

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Offpoint1: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
Bro this one na foreign house, Nigerians don't built with woods.

Building with woods in Nigeria will cost you x3 of what you'll do with bricks.

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
it can work but depends on location
The more use see the less you know
we dey take am build story building
More also na cement work and pop ceiling be my work ooo 09031904103

Can I get your contact?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by zinaunreal(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2023
grin grin help me complete the laugh
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by seanwilliam(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2023
Omoapena:
If you already have the land, you will build 3 bed and roof it but not sure it will be enough to do the finishing like tiling and plumbing...

It’s either you’re not in touch with the reality or you’re subtly mocking the op.

3m will only take the house to lintel at best

Maybe you’re talking of 15 years ago when things were cheaper.

Cements today is 5k per bag

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by TYng06: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2023
Pls someone should help me with a drawing of 2 bedroom flat and the BOQ

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Godwin4444: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
oga if u truly mean business go out there n do your feasibility study not on nairaland where a boy who is been fed by his parents will tell u it’s not possible

This nairaland ehn, even if your budget is 30 billion some people will still tell u it’s not enough

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2023
Officialgarri:
For the sake of this thread, I will do a sample building and let's see how much it will cost ... But I believe #3m will build a reasonable house .

I'll also create a cost Microsoft excel sheet that everyone can access and see how possible a low-cost but design-wise building can go .

Soon ....

Make I my moniker follow your moniker.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by NaBanga: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2023
A mud house or a straw house can be built with that. You can also price as shipping container that can be designed into a home, but it may be very hot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Construction Of A Medium High Rise Multi Dwelling Service Apartment At Ajah Axis / 10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.