Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m (39405 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by RavagedHeart: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
What kind of house can I build with 3m
Find this thread and contact the op. He did a fine house with 3m middle of last year. But it's not decking o

https://www.nairaland.com/7278201/building-mini-flat-bungalow-3million

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by sylve11: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.

Na house him talk, nor be bakery him talk. undecided cool
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by blowjohn(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Flintstones house
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Alusiizizi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:

Thatched roof mud hut.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by GoodIsGod: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.

You will build house in naija with interlock. When robbers break into real block house with sledge hammer?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Emola12(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
You can first do the window with 3m okay buh if you insist that you want to build house for just 3m you dey play
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by latolz: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
Abacha
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by rabzy: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

If you have land already then you can squeeze out a 2 bedroom flat that can be easily expandable to a 3 bedroom or even 4 in the future.

The assumptions is that you’re level headed, will roll up your sleeves to get involved and less acclaimed alleged professionals.

Have a look at one of my projects.

https://www.nairaland.com/7060516/small-commercial-build

Hi Egunmogaji, i went through the thread..nice job. Whatsup with your solar light company. I want to see if you have started sales and what assess the solar lights you sell.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by 9jaNoBeLagos: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
jamace:
Thank you. cool

Many are talking off point without foundation.

Some said uncompleted house, without telling us whether it is a bungalow or duplex, a single room bungalow, or a single room bungalow self contained or 2 room bungalow shared toilet bathroom and a kitchen etc. Only a very few responds here elaborated on their points.

For God sake, you must not use the eye of a politician's duplex or bungalow to intimidate the young man. Respect the days of humble beginning. Shalom.

Exactly. With the pattern of this roof. It will save you a reasonable amount of money on woods and roofing sheets compared to this type of roof.

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by geezyk(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na werey people full this forum

Op, you can definitely build a 3bed bungalow with that amount assuming you have a land already. My cousin and I embarked on building our homes at same time, we got a land at Ota, after cannanland. We decided on producing blocks for ourselves. A bag of cement will produce 45- 50 max very strong blocks. MAN Diesel trucks of sharp sand worth 42k and workmanship of 800 naira per bag of cement. Arrangement of blocks to lintel level and workmanship costs almost 400k.

Roofing took the most costs, buying the wood costs 450-470k and the roofing sheets was about 700k.

Na the finishing dey chop most money.

If your site is situated in a remote area, building costs will be cheap. Don't allow anyone discourage you, use laborers situated where your site is and ensure you monitor them closely, you'll definitely get value for your money. No allow all these NL kids to brainwash you, no be everybody go build Adenuga house style.

You 3m will definitely go a long way.

8 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by mbahdi(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
One bedroom apartment
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Sunnyski: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mud house
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by EgunMogaji2: 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
Some examples.

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Cutehector(m): 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
A townhall.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by EgunMogaji2: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
9jaNoBeLagos:

Exactly. With the pattern of this roof. It will save you a reasonable amount of money on woods and roofing sheets compared to this type of roof.

This is the most expensive type of roof.

N3M will never complete this structure.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by EgunMogaji2: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
rabzy:

Hi Egunmogaji, i went through the thread..nice job. Whatsup with your solar light company. I want to see if you have started sales and what assess the solar lights you sell.

I wasn’t able to expand into home solar due to Covid and a personal challenge last year.

I still sell solar street and flood lights.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Enumerator(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na you gangan dey talk nonsense!
Vl3ly:
you funny sha
All the sliding you listed will not 300k because I just did my own
That mean the tiles and the roofing sheet wey no reach #20k will roughly cost you 1m?
Mr man this lie is too big

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by thuxzwda1: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Obierika:

It would have been better if you had just kept quiet but you opened your mouth and exposed yourself as someone who has no real experience as far as building and construction is concerned grin

Did I hear you say that the tiles and roofing sheets were not up to 20K?! shocked

What an ignoramus!

If you had any experience then you should know that when your putting tiles in a bungalow that previously had ordinary flooring then the old flooring has to be completely striped off.

The sitting room alone which is quite large consumed about a quarter of a tipper load of sharp sand and almost 12 bags of cement.

The tiles at the time cost N2,150 per square meter (One square meter of 60 by 60 tile is about 2 full pieces and 1/4)

Please go and find out the price of roofing sheets, bags of nails, facing board etc before you come here to expose your ignorance even though you claim to be a builder but it's very clear to me that your just doing marketing for the actual builders meanwhile you do not have a firm understanding of what your marketing.

Lavylilly please do not listen to this guy he knows nothing and will only mislead you.

3 million will never be enough to build you a small house in present day Nigeria!

And you wrote all this grin
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by eallstar: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
THE ORIGINAL TRUTH IS THAT 3 MILLION CAN ONLY BUILD YOU FROM START TO FINISH "A SELF CONTAIN OR BEDSITTER" WHAT EVER NAME YOU CALL IT. BUT THAT'S THE TRUTH

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Malawian(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
if you get land already, the rest too easy. buy like 3 pcs of 40ft container, stack am and use welder convert am.

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by seanwilliam(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
maasoap:

You really made a lot of sense. That 3m should be invested to bring in more money unless he has steady and stable income already. If not, he will feel like he wasted that 3m if he embarks on the project

Honestly speaking , without steady flow of income or amount that can take the building to habitable level, I won’t advice anyone to embark on it.

Also as a young guy , I think it’s much more better to build for rental first. Cos at some point if you build for personal use, especially when the area is not your taste or developed , you’ll be feeling somehow .

I started a personal project sometimes ago, I didn’t really make enough research then due to me not having enough money, along the line I made more money , I pumped it to the project , now the project has reached 80% completion and I don’t really like the place again. I’m looking out to convert it to rental property ( I’m not sure if it will generate much cos it’s a developing area, the project looks odd there self) or make I give my parents if I make enough money.

If one doesn’t have enough money to go for what he deeply wants , he should keep investing the money on something else not just settling for less just to feel among.
The point is, it’s better to have steady flow of income or enough money that will get you what you really really desire…
In his case, he should keep on buying lands, a time will come when selling a portion of the land self might get him a nice house.
Even if they sell cement 10k per bag, provided you have correct steady income, u no go feel am.
My orientation change recently .

But if he’s a family man , well , he can settle for anything. .
u get my point bro?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by seanwilliam(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Malawian:
if you get land already, the rest too easy. buy like 3 pcs of 40ft container, stack am and use welder convert am.
lmao na naija we Dey o no be Malawi
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Gift96: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Officialgarri:
For the sake of this thread, I will do a sample building and let's see how much it will cost ... But I believe #3m will build a reasonable house .

I'll also create a cost Microsoft excel sheet that everyone can access and see how possible a low-cost but design-wise building can go .

Soon ....
PLEASE KINDLY QUOTE ME WHEN YOU DO SIR

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by 9jaNoBeLagos: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

This is the most expensive type of roof.

N3M will never complete this structure.

I am talking about this one.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by SuperbCrown: 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
How much does it cost to get a plan?
Fheelzz:
Tbh 3 million won't go a long way in this era, but I can design a plan for you
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by sman20: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
See the breakdown below:

For a 4 bedroom flat

Foundation digging and bricklayer workmanship- #160000-#200000 (Depending on areas and the contractor)

list of building materials needed for foundation
(1) blocks 6 inches400 pcs @ rate of 300
300x400=#120,000
(2) blocks 9 inches 400pcs @ rate of 340
340x400=#136,000
(3) cement 20 bags@ rate of 4600
20x4600=#92000
(4) granite 10 tons =#120000
(5) sharp Sand 15 tons =#75000
Total balance #543,000

From Foundation to Lintel:
2000 blocks 6inches@#300=#600000
20 bags of cement@#4800=#96000
Bricklayer workmanship =#180000-#200000

Casting at Lintel level
Granite- still available
Sharp sand. 15 tonnes = #75000
Carpenter- #80000-#100000
Welder(Iron)+workmanship = #160000 (materials =#150000 and workmanship =10000)
10-12 bags of cement@#4800 =#48000
Bricklayer workmanship = #60000 or more

After Lintel casting there will be two levels of blocks for roofing level
600 blocks(6inches)- #180000
6 bags of cement-#30000
Hopefully you still have sharp sand left over
Workmanship- Negotiate

Water and Owo omo onile varies depending on location.

Other things
Tank or reservoir for water
Buying water or dig borehole for which you will need a generator to pump.

Thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Germi9: 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
$70 USDT FOR sale
485/$
WhatsApp contact
https:///s/6043f893f305b
Fraud

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by asorodayo1: 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
Chart me up on 08030642024
lavylilly:

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by richard69(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
mud house grin
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by poppingtags: 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
If you're not a family man. 3Million can still help you with a Room&Palour Self contain. Not fully furnished /en-suite .
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by ford101: 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Obierika:

Mr man 3million can never build you a bungalow in Nigeria in 2021 not to talk of a storey building, not even if you get free labour.

In 2018 I renovated my father's house in the village by installing floor tiles in the sitting room the foyer and 3 bedrooms, then I also changed the old louvres to aluminum sliding windows (about 8 windows of 6feet by 3feet), I also changed about 20 roofing sheets.

The total cost was 1.3 million!

This was ordinary renovation o!

You coming here to say that one can build a new house from the ground up and roof it with just 3 million is a big fat lie, it's not possible even if you use palm fronds or clay bricks that are sold for 50 Naira each.

I didn't want to comment but let me ask you.how much is a bundle of zinc today.some go for 34k some for 29k.also how much is cement some months it will cost 3900 some months 4500.how much is a pack of Nigerian tile 4000 the last time I bought.how many pack of tile will go for a 12 by 12 room at list 10.how much is a treap of river sand at list 17k now but during raining season it will coat like 14k.how much ll a break layer cost to mold a block.in my area 19naira.a full trip of sand will give u at list 400 blocks.how many blocks for a simple 2bed room flat not up to 2500.with 1900 blocks u ll do a simple 2bedroomflat and it's sucker way and still have some blocks.a fool and his money will soon part ways even the bible said it.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Ofemmanu1: 1:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
And this is my end product
Pako duplex?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.