Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m (39406 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by olisaEze(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2023
In this present economy, that amount will get you an outhouse! grin

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Sleekfingers: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
What kind of house can I build with 3m

Pako house......do you know the cost of building materials now?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by olenime(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2023
[quote author=SavageResponse post=101463516]

A lot depends on the type of house and the location of the site.

But even if what you're building is just a very small bungalow 3 million will probably only take you to lintel or roofing level.

[b]There's no point going to tie down your money if what you have is not enough to take the house to a reasonable level. [/b]quote

See a procrastinator's drained brain!

There is a BIG point tie-ing your money if what you have is not enough to take the house to a reasonable ANY level.

Start small if you haven't!
You will finish it up anytime soon, with dedication and God's help!

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by maasoap(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2023
seanwilliam:

It’s either you’re not in touch with the reality or you’re subtly mocking the op.

3m will only take the house to lintel at best

Maybe you’re talking of 15 years ago when things were cheaper.

Cements today is 5k per bag

Things were not really this expensive before Coro.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by izubext007: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2023
Mpape in Abuja would have been better for that budget
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by EgunMogaji2: 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:

If you have land already then you can squeeze out a 2 bedroom flat that can be easily expandable to a 3 bedroom or even 4 in the future.

The assumptions is that you’re level headed, will roll up your sleeves to get involved and less acclaimed alleged professionals.

Have a look at one of my projects.

https://www.nairaland.com/7060516/small-commercial-build

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by segtech68: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
thanks for your contribution bro... but this is pako model , does it work in nigeria , and how strong is it
whiteboyswag:
Let’s all be serious when someone ask for help.it’s possible to have one bedroom with that funds I’ve done it before but you must be on site yourself and try to avoid cement where you can and expensive roofing materials, floor can be rug or quality rubber carpet and you have a house. See how I’m avoiding cement in this building

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by josite: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
let us be real.3million naira if he already has a land and can use mud bricks ,an wooden doors and windows and ordinary roofing sheet can build a house.and i will advise him to start and as time goes on he can be upgrading them.

it is what you dont start at all that doesnt get finished.

yes you can build a house with 3m but it will not be standard.please go ahead and build.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Wannabenz: 12:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:

Na zinc house lol
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by maasoap(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
seanwilliam:
If you have a land already, 3 million will take it to lintel .

Roofing alone and parapet will take almost 4m . ( and I’ll advice you use stone coated , using step tiles is not worth it cos the price is just 200 naira different)
Plastering alone will take up to 1m ,

Window and doors will take atleast 1.5m
Tiles, pop , borehole , plumbing and conduit will take atleast 3m

To build a standard 3 bedroom flat , you’ll spend atleast 15m..
If you one rough am , you’ll spend 10m.

Anything below this, is rubbish even 1 bedroom will finish the money .

I’ll advice you to buy more lands in a new site with that money and keep for future. Or if u have steady flow of income then you can start building with 3m , if not , no try am. I’m talking from experience.
If you’re not financially stable, building house will finish you and at some point you’ll blame yourself for starting in the first place . If you’re still young , pls find money first

You really made a lot of sense. That 3m should be invested to bring in more money unless he has steady and stable income already. If not, he will feel like he wasted that 3m if he embarks on the project

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by SUXXI(m): 12:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
You can check out cost to build container house. Its cheaper than using blocks and the house can be relocated to another destination. Its what i plan to use to build my dream house. Container designed and customized house. Google container house and you will be amazed.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by ejieddy: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
One bedroom

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Babastrong(m): 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=101458114]What kind of house can I build with 3m[ 3 bed rooms flat in my town, you may still get changes out of 3m.]

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Babastrong(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Mud house or Half Bedroom flat. embarassed
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Rubbiish(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
Let’s all be serious when someone ask for help.it’s possible to have one bedroom with that funds I’ve done it before but you must be on site yourself and try to avoid cement where you can and expensive roofing materials, floor can be rug or quality rubber carpet and you have a house. See how I’m avoiding cement in this building
But ur site location is not Nigeria
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Babastrong(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=101458114]What kind of house can I build with 3m[ Where are you? I can design an attractive 1bed room flat for you. You may not spend more than 1.5m]
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by olab059(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
it can work but depends on location
The more use see the less you know
we dey take am build story building
More also na cement work and pop ceiling be my work ooo 09031904103

Are you going to plaster that building...I wish to see the finished product.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by jamace(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
9jaNoBeLagos:
You can build this simple 2bedroom bungalow with 3m.
Thank you. cool

Many are talking off point without foundation.

Some said uncompleted house, without telling us whether it is a bungalow or duplex, a single room bungalow, or a single room bungalow self contained or 2 room bungalow shared toilet bathroom and a kitchen etc. Only a very few responds here elaborated on their points.

For God sake, you must not use the eye of a politician's duplex or bungalow to intimidate the young man. Respect the days of humble beginning. Shalom.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Allisgud: 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
Everybody saying whatever, without applying the sow coat according to ur size format
Since the primary reason for building ur house is to stay rent free for life,when it come to roofing instead of using those trending costly roofing sheet,why not use zinc the shining one,pack ur load enter house,when money come u do wetin u want

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
whiteboyswag:
What year. And who was Nigeria President when you did it.
We will also like yo know the state you start and finish the house
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by legendgalas(f): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
Why can't we go and flex this #3m for Quilox dis weekend?
i go open leg well for you after the flexing oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by alizma: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.
You better start talking in a clear term because you are tempting some of my friends here.
Are you into that line, your location, how many rooms do you think that amount can do, to what level etc. Oya dey talk
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by olab059(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
OK do you know that 1 Bugatti tyer can buy you 3 pencil camry
did he tell you shey na Gerard im one use?

I tire for the guy o. He just wan flex muscle say he get money.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by alizma: 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.
Have built something with this bricks before, if yes, give us picture evidence a d reasons why we should believe in this style of building

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by deavicky(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
SavageResponse:

A lot depends on the type of house and the location of the site.

But even if what you're building is just a very small bungalow 3 million will probably only take you to lintel or roofing level.

There's no point going to tie down your money if what you have is not enough to take the house to a reasonable level.
if he has a land already I think he can build a moderate 2 bedroom to an extent. It take about 2500 block to to build that.let me just give a small breakdown.
1. Block 6" 2500×300=750,000
To lay the block let's say #100 per block(my area I can still pay #70
2. 2500×100= 250000
Cement 1 bag should lay 100 blocks. Let's say 30 bags × 5000 =150000. Sand and granite 300k.
Rod for lintel 100k he can then go for a cheap roofing option.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Alawode01(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
At least in osogbo rural area with with 3bedrooms you will go far
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Yxxx: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2023
SUXXI:
You can check out cost to build container house. Its cheaper than using blocks and the house can be relocated to another destination. Its what i plan to use to build my dream house. Container designed and customized house. Google container house and you will be amazed.
Container house no be heat?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by olukaygold(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
With 5m, I'll build you 2bedrooms bungalow.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by yaki84: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
E dey like na mud house o with a little of cement plastering....
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by jamace(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2023
deavicky:
if he has a land already I think he can build a moderate 2 bedroom to an extent. It take about 2500 block to to build that.let me just give a small breakdown.
1. Block 6" 2500×300=750,000
To lay the block let's say #100 per block(my area I can still pay #70
2. 2500×100= 250000
Cement 1 bag should lay 100 blocks. Let's say 30 bags × 5000 =150000. Sand and granite 300k.
Rod for lintel 100k he can then go for a cheap roofing option.
Thank you sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.