Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m (39409 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by abobote: 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
you funny sha
All the sliding you listed will not 300k because I just did my own
That mean the tiles and the roofing sheet wey no reach #20k will roughly cost you 1m?
Mr man this lie is too big
There's no lie in what he said
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by cedricksly: 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.
no mortar for joining, his then do u join it?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by safarifarms(m): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
Ok
How is this mud blocks made?
Does it contain cement of mud only?
Is it molded with the same mold used for cement blocks?
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
gistray:
You love this

Nnà, ain't you wicked !
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by promiseland245(m): 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Why are Nigerian Homes predominantly built with bricks and not wood like you illustrated.
Is there a Geographical Reason to this?

whiteboyswag:
And this is my end product

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Gospel2Day: 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ajiswaggs:
Apart from land, the 3m can get the building to linted phase. It's better you start building now cuz cost of house rent keep increasing every year, atleast if you are able to do roofing. Then you can rough the rest finish to your taste.... It's better than dashing landlord money every year without no plan for your self

You're not dashing landlord money every year.
You're actually paying the landlord back the money he used to build the house you live in.
Are you also dashing pepper seller and meat seller money for the food you bought and eat?
Do you plan to have your own farm so you won't be dashing farm produce sellers your money?
People who really have money and plans don't rush to build one substandard house that their children will be ashamed to point to as their father's house.
If the OP invests 3 million naira in a good business, he will have double that money in three years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2023
Funny comments.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by EgunMogaji2: 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
9jaNoBeLagos:

I am talking about this one.

Very well then. The cheapest type of roof to construct.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by maasoap(m): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
seanwilliam:

Honestly speaking , without steady flow of income or amount that can take the building to habitable level, I won’t advice anyone to embark on it.

Also as a young guy , I think it’s much more better to build for rental first. Cos at some point if you build for personal use, especially when the area is not your taste or developed , you’ll be feeling somehow .

I started a personal project sometimes ago, I didn’t really make enough research then due to me not having enough money, along the line I made more money , I pumped it to the project , now the project has reached 80% completion and I don’t really like the place again. I’m looking out to convert it to rental property ( I’m not sure if it will generate much cos it’s a developing area, the project looks odd there self) or make I give my parents if I make enough money.

If one doesn’t have enough money to go for what he deeply wants , he should keep investing the money on something else not just settling for less just to feel among.
The point is, it’s better to have steady flow of income or enough money that will get you what you really really desire…
In his case, he should keep on buying lands, a time will come when selling a portion of the land self might get him a nice house.
Even if they sell cement 10k per bag, provided you have correct steady income, u no go feel am.
My orientation change recently .

But if he’s a family man , well , he can settle for anything. .
u get my point bro?

I got it. My brother and I refused to settle for less, so we kept investing for the past few years. I'm married, he's not but we think alike. Unlike people around us who are competing among themselves for personal houses with the little incomes they generate and still mounting pressure on others to start too, citing cost of renting house as reason to have one's house as soon as possible. Paying 200k yearly as house rent is not too much in my own opinion as long as one is making enough income yearly. Most especially when your house rent is just a fraction of your monthly income cheesy
This year, I'm starting my house project. But just like you said, I don't like the area of my existing plots of land which I bought back in 2015, so I'm now looking for new plot(s) in area of my choice. That's now my starting point

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by hustleafam: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
What kind of house can I build with 3m
Best advice would get someone to design what you want as a modular structure so you can start one part and finish it and when your ready start the next phase
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by 123readygo: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wannabenz:
You can build a bungalow for Village with it.

No reason wetin Dem dey tell you here.

I built a duplex with a little over 10m(land money not included)
Lol. I’ll like to see this ‘duplex’. The roof of my house (roofed last October) took over 3m.
The parapet cost 1.2m, plastering cost me 2m, and if you add the three together it is getting close to this your 10m.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by hunee: 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
Why one ask a questions and it is expected that they give him/her a positive response or guide. Then what follows is jokes and mockery. what do we make of such things?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by WantsandMore: 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
jamace:
Thank you sir.
Do not build a house with a cheap option. My 2cent.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Nasige(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
Let us stop discouraging people from starting small, 3m can actually build you a house but it will be a small building say a room and parlor self contain and make sure you do serious pricing by ur self to cut cost. Later in future when your economy improves you build a bigger one.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Wsx2: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
In nigeria nowadays you can only build hut with that money
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Flakky26(f): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
Can someone recommend a developer to fund the completion of a bungalow ,about 4 flats that is about 65% completed(already roofed) or a microfinance I can get credit facility like 2million to complete the project? Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Qatar2022: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
Fheelzz:
Tbh 3 million won't go a long way in this era, but I can design a plan for you
Are you really serious? People like you is the reason a lot people don't buold house mugu
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Wsx2: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
Gospel2Day:

You're not dashing landlord money every year.
You're actually paying the landlord back the money he used to build the house you live in.
Are you also dashing pepper seller and meat seller money for the food you bought and eat?
Do you plan to have your own farm so you won't be dashing farm produce sellers your money?
People who really have money and plans don't rush to build one substandard house that their children will be ashamed to point to as their father's house.
If the OP invests 3 million naira in a good business, he will have double that money in three years.

Dear Many of these tenants that disrespect landlords doesn’t even know that it will take over 20years for a landlord to recover the actual amount spent on a property not to talk of profiting. It might take additional 3 years more for the landlord to start profiting from the house which is 23years plus. The reason is the landlord will keep spending money on the house due to damages done by tenants and also additional community development fee and unforeseen circumstances such as transformer repair new purchase road fixing among others. The landlord may not even be alive anymore to reap those labour

Respect your landlord because you will get there one day

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Qatar2022: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
What kind of house can I build with 3m
Three rooms and parlour without a design and depending on the location
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Reference(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
These days only an anthill.... if you don't mind living like a termite. 3 million that cannot even get you a decent portakabin or motorhome/caravan....
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by seanwilliam(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
maasoap:

I got it. My brother and I refused to settle for less, so we kept investing for the past few years. I'm married, he's not but we think alike. Unlike people around us who are competing among themselves for personal houses with the little incomes they generate and still mounting pressure on others to start too, citing cost of renting house as reason to have one's house as soon as possible. Paying 200k yearly as house rent is not too much in my own opinion as long as one is making enough income yearly. Most especially when your house rent is just a fraction of your monthly income cheesy
This year, I'm starting my house project. But just like you said, I don't like the area of my existing plots of land which I bought back in 2015, so I'm now looking for new plot(s) in area of my choice. That's now my starting point
May God bless you abundantly .
Most people don’t know this.

I have made a lots of financial mistakes but I’m glad it’s not too late. Honestly speaking , the money I pumped to the project, if I had invested it on more landed properties, in ten years , I’ll be multi-million .

Shey you now know the funnest part??

Days ago I was searching for ‘house for sales near me’ on google and I was stunned by what I saw .

Do you know some people especially those that want to travel out are selling their properties at a give a way price , standard bungalows and duplexes in a very developed neighborhood going for 15m to 40m respectively( same neigborhood where a plot goes for like 8-10m ) u grab the jerk now?. If one’s investment on landed properties in a viable area yield, no be to just sell two or three plots and buy such distressed properties with little to no repair? Just google ‘house for sales near me ‘ and you’ll understand what I meant.

See what I realize now is that, having money and knowing how/what to invest on is quite different.

A smart person will turn 3m into business empire with the right investment, whereas an over calculative person will spend the money on something that doesn’t worth it at the end.

Paying 200k or more as house rent is not bad atall provided your 2-3 months of income can cover it.

Most people build house just for the title of landlord( something wey their power never reach) , or because they don’t want to pay rent anymore, it’s good , but it’s pretty useless if you don’t have steady flow of income or earning from it…
I know investment is risky too, but I’m willing to take the risk now! .. I won’t make the mistake again.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Jeandewest(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
In Kano state, u can build a house of 5 rooms self contained..
We mold blocks here... 70 (6ins)blocks for 1 dongote cement bag which BUA is 65 blocks for 1 bag... in front of that house we will have a shop to continue with our POS business...
That's why we are Commence.
Infact that money is too much.
We will stay keep 1 million...
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
seanwilliam:

May God bless you abundantly .
Most people don’t know this.

I have made a lots of financial mistakes but I’m glad it’s not too late. Honestly speaking , the money I pumped to the project, if I had invested it on more landed properties, in ten years , I’ll be multi-million .

Shey you now know the funnest part??

Days ago I was searching for ‘house for sales near me’ on google and I was stunned by what I saw .

Do you know some people especially those that want to travel out are selling their properties at a give a way price , standard bungalows and duplexes in a very developed neighborhood going for 15m to 40m respectively( same neigborhood where a plot goes for like 8-10m ) u grab the jerk now?. If one’s investment on landed properties in a viable area yield, no be to just sell two or three plots and buy such distressed properties with little to no repair? Just google ‘house for sales near me ‘ and you’ll understand what I meant.

I saw one some weeks ago in my area, quite a steal for anyone with asking price.

See what I realize now is that, having money and knowing how/what to invest on is quite different.

A smart person will turn 3m into business empire with the right investment, whereas an over calculative person will spend the money on something that doesn’t worth it at the end.

Paying 200k or more as house rent is not bad atall provided your 2-3 months of income can cover it.

Most people build house just for the title of landlord( something wey their power never reach) , or because they don’t want to pay rent anymore, it’s good , but it’s pretty useless if you don’t have steady flow of income or earning from it…
I know investment is risky too, but I’m willing to take the risk now! .. I won’t make the mistake again.
Not an easy decision but a must for anyone who wants to grow financially. But less return on investment, less risk.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Abagworo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
You can build one bedroom bungalow with container and it will come out beautiful

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by XAUBulls: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2023
colintin:
It's feasible with interlock bricks. A brick cost #100. It's strong, durable, aesthetically appealing and cheap. It requires no mortar for joining. With this bricks, it's very possible sir.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by XAUBulls: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
RavagedHeart:

Find this thread and contact the op. He did a fine house with 3m middle of last year. But it's not decking o

https://www.nairaland.com/7278201/building-mini-flat-bungalow-3million
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by fergieboy: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
Would rather buy a car than build with that amount
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by damoobaba: 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
Frezhkid10:
..no mortar for joining...how e go take stand??

One kick is enough
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by highoctane: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Do you have #3000'000?
Do you have a land already
Do you really need a house or want one?
Do you want to compete with Banana Island style of house?
Do you really have 3Million Naira cash? No but or if.
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Emdebby2: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2023
proclinician:
You can build house on the rock.
Very funny...lol
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Maysdevices(f): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
Officialgarri:
For the sake of this thread, I will do a sample building and let's see how much it will cost ... But I believe #3m will build a reasonable house .

I'll also create a cost Microsoft excel sheet that everyone can access and see how possible a low-cost but design-wise building can go .

Soon ....
HMMMM

DAsh me 3k for there abeg
Re: What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m by Gospel2Day: 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
Wsx2:

Dear Many of these tenants that disrespect landlords doesn’t even know that it will take over 20years for a landlord to recover the actual amount spent on a property not to talk of profiting. It might take additional 3 years more for the landlord to start profiting from the house which is 23years plus. The reason is the landlord will keep spending money on the house due to damages done by tenants and also additional community development fee and unforeseen circumstances such as transformer repair new purchase road fixing among others. The landlord may not even be alive anymore to reap those labour

Respect your landlord because you will get there one day

You're very correct.
The true fact is that renting out of houses isn't a very lucrative business.
Some tenants are so evil that they'll spoil the walls and fittings before packing out of the house.
I really pity landlords.
They're helping to solve housing deficit, but we repay them with disdain and disrespect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Object-shaped Buildings From Around The World / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.