Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country (32040 Views)

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them / Our South African Classmates Bully, Tell Us To Leave Their Country – Nigerians / South Africans Set Nigeria Embassy Ablaze, Ask Nigerians To Leave Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by OdogwuEkeke(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2021
ok

PoloG:
nigerians don't respect theirselves wherever dey go.. mostly igbos
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Perfectbeing(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country
The reason Ghanaians wants Nigeria out isn't cos of Buhari or cos Nigerians were causing nuisances. Its cos Nigerians are taking over their business legitimately..

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by OdogwuEkeke(m): 3:31pm On May 08, 2021
The indiscriminate searches at the airport and having to always explain that you don't do drugs and not a fraudster nko!!!
To change this narrative we all have to do better collectively.

It's really not about being proud of your country, it's the images it carries. You and I know that Nigerians in the diaspora are on their own should in case anything happens!

budaatum:

I am proud to say I am Nigerian. I love proving to others that I am not from a zoo, and I take much delight when people notice I am not an animal.

I am yelling!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by WoundedLamb: 3:47pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country

Well, regardless of how visionary the leaders are, the size of Nigeria implies that you'll always see Nigerians in large quantities in other countries just like Chinese and Indians.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by ezewealth(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Lol. Lets assume Yoruba population is more. But anytime Nigerian shops are locked, the igbos are mainly the victim's. Go and look for videos of Nigerians protesting the locking of shops, show me how many yorubas you see.

Spare parts market you can also go and search for videos of shops locked in kaneshi abosu okayi. Show me how many yorubas are victims.

If its anything trading. Leave it for the igbos. I wont argue about ovation magazine or banks . None of the Nigerian banks in ghana is more than 18 years there. Highest 2003.

When did Ghananians start importation? Its not been up to 25 years.

They all go to togo to buy cars from Nigerians and lebanese. Till date the still drive cars with togo numbers, because its cheaper in togo and they go and renew the papers at the border periodically.

Go to togo asei and asigami markets. Tell me how many yorubas are there.
Oga u get time o. Dat mumu know know na Igbo get commerce for Africa. Baba if u enter wuse market for abuja, banex village, gsm village, u go think say u dey east
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by afube: 3:51pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:
Kanu should send ESN/UGM there. grin grin

On a more serious note. 98% of traders there are igbos. So Ghana is chasing us, kanu is creating enemity with the North, and UGM is setting igboland on fire.

Have you finished jacking off over the death of innocent igbo men in imo state, now you are doing soapy over the plight of your supposed fellow country men. The Blackman is the most wicked creature in the world...........you want ndigbo to remain slaves in naija and elsewhere ? Once Biafra comes we will bring back our people from Ghana,wahala no dey there !
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:
There are indeed some people who would rather be slaves to lawless leaders than starve or fight for their freedom, there are also those who would rather die than be slaves.

We learn this in the story of the Garden of Eden where stupid Adam refused to eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil for fear of dying and chose to remain naked and enslaved in the Garden of Eden, while smart intelligent Eve chose to test with her own senses if she would surely die or not and so plucked and ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil and found it good for gaining wisdom and her eyes opened and she freed herself and Adam from naked slavery in the Garden of Eden and became self employed and responsible for providing their own food instead of relying on their leader who kept them ignorant and poor and enslaved. And they did not surely die on the day that they ate but went on to live till a very ripe age of 930 years old.

The question is, which are you? A fear of dying citizen willing to be enslaved by "economic conditions" and fed by lawless leaders, or a powerful lawful lead and feed yourself Nigerian?

You should perhaps learn from Kunta Kinte who would rather have his foot chopped off than be a slave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61u1p8nW6yw

Because it'd be bad i was arguing with one who believes in either APC or PDP...goodluck
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 4:12pm On May 08, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
The indiscriminate searches at the airport and having to always explain that you don't do drugs and not a fraudster nko!!!
To change this narrative we all have to do better collectively.

It's really not about being proud of your country, it's the images it carries. You and I know that Nigerians in the diaspora are on their own should in case anything happens!

I was once held back at Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I was not a fraudster.

I was once held back at Frankfurt Airport for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

I was once held back at Gare Du Nord Eurostar terminal in Paris for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

I have many times been held back at Murtala Mohammed Airport so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

At every instant where I have been held back, I just present the image of the decent respectful person that I am and I end up being treated decently and with the respect that I demand.

My point is, while some bad Nigerians doing drugs and fraudster should not be a reason for all of us to be assumed to be rotten and bad Nigerians, we Nigerians must all be responsible and decently behaved so we can hold our heads high and demand the proper respectful treatment that we deserve.

Collectively, as you say, starts with me you see. I must do better then you will hopefully do better then we all might do better then Nigeria go better indeed. I can assure you that if I treat you respectfully here on Nairaland, you will find it almost impossible to not treat me respectfully in return, because not only am I proud of my country, I am proud of the amount of work I have done to make it impossible for intelligent people to disrespect me. But if I behave like an animal, we will all cage ourselves in a disrespectful zoo.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Naijboy: 4:13pm On May 08, 2021
helinues:

This your argument i no dey understand oo

What's the population of igbo in Ghana compared to Yoruba?

Do you know how many rooted Yoruba's in Ghana ..

Those spare parts you are talking about,did you know when Yoruba's started spare part business in Ghana cos I have a family friend who their father is a big spare part seller as far back as 1980.

Don't talk what you don't know
Bros Ibos has taken over in Ghana. Even your family friend will confirm it.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by helinues: 4:15pm On May 08, 2021
Naijboy:

Bros Ibos has taken over in Ghana. Even your family friend will confirm it.

Where is Aflao located?

It get why oo

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 4:18pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

Because it'd be bad i was arguing with one who believes in either APC or PDP...goodluck

First, buda does not believe because believe stops one from seeking understanding.

Second, buda does not do APC or PDP. buda is like Xi Jinping who does not care if the cat is black or white so long as it catches mice.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by wpadmin: 4:21pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Ha. How is magazine business improving Ghana Economy. I don route container to Ghana as far back as 2003.

Banking and finance, no be business people dey bank there? When did these Nigerian banks enter Ghana? Its not been up to 15 years.

I can say that 60% of containers that arrive ghana ports are igbos. I know when it was only about 3 igbos that brought container in opera markt. Before about 10 Ghanaians contributed to bring one. And later asked igbos to leave the market for them.

Even Ghanaians go to togo to buy goods from igbos that import there and sell in Ghana.

If Igbo's were not in togo, the road to aflao would be deserted.

When it comes to trade forget. I pity Ghanaians when i visit their markets. The shops have become too expensive for them to afford because of the igbos.

If igbos are to exit Ghana, those Nigerian banks will have to leave with them.

For how many years. ACCRA just had about 2 branches of Ghana commercial bank and stanchart.

Real estate. Go to EAST LEGON and count student hostels owned by igbos there.

I know ABC was the first road transport comapny from Nigeria to Ghana. Before GUO and the rest.

Now airpeace by air.

Its not about magazine.

Omo.

Igbo man no dey use eye see business.

Proudly Igbo.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

First, buda does not believe because believe stops one from seeking understanding.

Second, buda does not do APC or PDP. buda is like Xi Jinping who does not care if the cat is black or white so long as it catches mice.
wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Ournolly: 4:23pm On May 08, 2021
flokii:
The loud mouth irritants have gone to Ghana to spread hatred as usual.. you'll hear them saying Ghanians are lazy, Ghanians can't compete, Ghana is no man's land bla bla bla.

If you can't live peacefully and respect your host, you'll get kicked out. No two ways about it.
This is the same trash you guys are saying in relation to South Africa, that only Igbos are in South Africa till you lots see the viral video of your people speaking Yoruba in the bush that their lives are in danger.

That's when you lots begin the hypocritical campaign.
I will like Ghana to chase every Nigerian out of their country let's see for ourselves now many Yoruba tailors and root selling hawkers that will hit home.

Dumb loud mouthed empty brain.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 4:27pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

wink

This is the result of you not believing and doing research.

You Sir, have made me proud.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by keypha1: 5:04pm On May 08, 2021
Ghana people hate Nigerians, I was their before, my landlady want me by all means but I refulse, she told me she will set me up, I will rout in jail, next morning I run go back to Nigeria.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 5:05pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

This is the result of you not believing and doing research.

You Sir, have made me proud.
Research on what?? And how were you made proud?
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by CXLVII: 5:19pm On May 08, 2021
Raise the taxes they pay and Business visa fee, over 50% will have to flee.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by CXLVII: 5:22pm On May 08, 2021
keypha1:
Ghana people hate Nigerians, I was their before, my landlady want me by all means but I refulse, she told me she will set me up, I will rout in jail, next morning I run go back to Nigeria.

Probably she know you are a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by chaloskyx: 6:02pm On May 08, 2021
CONGRATS GHANA NA YOU GET POWER FOR WEST AFRICA ATM AS FOR NAIJA GO AND SORT YOUR HOME ABEG THE DISGRACE IS GETTING TOO MUCH NO COUNTRY HAS RESPECT FOR YOU AND YOUR CITIZENS
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Cromagnon: 6:14pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
Yeah
46 years of PDP had nothing to do with it
Onyeoshi
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Richthekid: 6:27pm On May 08, 2021
Why
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by sulaak(m): 6:50pm On May 08, 2021
ezewealth:

Oga u get time o. Dat mumu know know na Igbo get commerce for Africa. Baba if u enter wuse market for abuja, banex village, gsm village, u go think say u dey east

It's this level of arrogance that force other ethnic groups to dislike Igbo's. If Igbos are this good why don't they develop Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by imagrg(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2021
Initially it was, "Ghana must go".

Now, it's "Nigeria must go".

I wonder what Nigerians are doing in Ghana when the entire country's total revenue is not up to that of the poorest state in Nigeria.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by soundOsonic: 7:47pm On May 08, 2021
blues234:

So, by your comment, someone that is legitimately engaged in business is worst than a terrorist?
You see why Nigeria is such a damnable shit hole, it's because of folks like you, with an upside down thinking structure.

Engaging you in intellectual talk is meaningless
Looks like you can understand what people right in English.
Did I mention my preference whether or not I like Terrorism. I said you shouldn't mention Terrorism here which is not the point of discussion.

Just concluded just thesame way you concluded the tribe I was talking about.

I see no reason why the post should even have a mention. It was a satire without mentioning names left for readers to ponder.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by soundOsonic: 7:52pm On May 08, 2021
Babaken:
just give them their country and see how far first.

Let's assume I don't know the tribe you are talking about.
I am for division of this country though.

Dividing the country will not change each group mindset, the purpose of division is for the easier distribution of wealth and concentration of development that's all.
It won't stop a tribe from migrating to other countries.
People should learn to stay in their country to develop it.
The only reason that should to you away from your country is to gather other countries resources to your own not to develop others.

This is the only difference between the white and black country.
I said only difference
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by OdogwuEkeke(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2021
So profound!!!

budaatum:

I was once held back at Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I was not a fraudster.

I was once held back at Frankfurt Airport for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

I was once held back at Gare Du Nord Eurostar terminal in Paris for everyone else to go pass so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

I have many times been held back at Murtala Mohammed Airport so I can be searched for drugs and to ascertain I am not a fraudster.

At every instant where I have been held back, I just present the image of the decent respectful person that I am and I end up being treated decently and with the respect that I demand.

My point is, while some bad Nigerians doing drugs and fraudster should not be a reason for all of us to be assumed to be rotten and bad Nigerians, we Nigerians must all be responsible and decently behaved so we can hold our heads high and demand the proper respectful treatment that we deserve.

Collectively, as you say, starts with me you see. I must do better then you will hopefully do better then we all might do better then Nigeria go better indeed. I can assure you that if I treat you respectfully here on Nairaland, you will find it almost impossible to not treat me respectfully in return, because not only am I proud of my country, I am proud of the amount of work I have done to make it impossible for intelligent people to disrespect me. But if I behave like an animal, we will all cage ourselves in a disrespectful zoo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by OdogwuEkeke(m): 7:59pm On May 08, 2021
Omo maybe places you have been bruv.
Some of them can go for devil babies �

PoloG:
nigerians don't respect theirselves wherever dey go.. mostly igbos
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Fantazy(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2021
"Nigeria must go"

Ghana this is your turn!
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Babaken(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2021
soundOsonic:

Let's assume I don't know the tribe you are talking about.
I am for division of this country though.

Dividing the country will not change each group mindset, the purpose of division is for the easier distribution of wealth and concentration of development that's all.
It won't stop a tribe from migrating to other countries.
People should learn to stay in their country to develop it.
The only reason that should to you away from your country is to gather other countries resources to your own not to develop others.

This is the only difference between the white and black country.
I said only difference
You are very right on this but in the situation where the government or those in charge are not doing anything to help the situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corruption: NNPC, First Bank Reacts To Seizure Of $153.3m Diezani Money.. / Osinbajo, Ambode, Mimiko At RCCG 64th Convention / Forgery: DSS Ordered To Investigate Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.