Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country (32039 Views)

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them / Our South African Classmates Bully, Tell Us To Leave Their Country – Nigerians / South Africans Set Nigeria Embassy Ablaze, Ask Nigerians To Leave Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by blues234: 12:54pm On May 08, 2021
Babaken:
Bro came down this life is turn by turn back then was our turn now is theirs why everything happening the way it is because we have the worst president in the history of Nigeria I pray Nigeria choose wisely in the next presidential election.
When Tinubu is juggling to become your next president? By the time APC finish with Nigeria, sorry go be una name.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Missyajoke(f): 12:55pm On May 08, 2021
AregbeFufu:

This taking over of someone's business; does it happen forcefully or through fair competition?
I need an answer.

Fair competition indeed Yorubas in Ghana buy good there and come home to sell but the igbos wants to be doing everything from buying to selling to being the retailer haha wetin you want make the Ghanaians do fold and watch you people spoil their business abii. I still respect the Yorubas when it comes to Business you won't see then doing all this nonsense this people are doing, apart of skull mining which is common in all regions all other crimes talk of baby factory e.t.c are operated by igbos will now. You may try to say hush puppy forget about him you people are the real criminals you travel out of the country you'll spoil the name abeg you people kill your policeman like foul, cultism taps for your region Habba. You people are a disgrace to Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by sigiyaya112: 12:56pm On May 08, 2021
topboss:
ASHANTI ARE KNOWN TROUBLE MAKERS IN GHANA.

I AM HAPPY THEY HAVE ADDED THEIR TRIBAL NAME TO XENOPHOBIA.

TALKING NONSENSE AS ALWAYS.
They are not troublesome and It is not Xenophobia a attack, It about the law of the land and indigenous right. Ghana is a very small country with a small population compared to Nigeria, No responsible and sensible government will allow foreigner to move in to its space and make its indigenous citizens uncomfortable or to push them out of business. Nigerians learn to respect the laws of other countries and more especially Nigerians should go back and fix their country and if it unfixable then let the useless contraption be divided Period!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 12:58pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

Shut up your foolish mouth...Nigeria is lawless that's why its called a zoo...if it isnt, prove it and stop saying rubbish because of frontpage..so if a sensible person thinks its hard for him to stay in naija because of how useless our leaders are, other countries shouldn't accept such person just because he considers his country a lawless place and dont want to be part of the lawlessness..your are one of the stupid reasons why we have bad leaders..we should not reprimand our leaders so other countries can accept us

How can I prove to lawless Nigerian Lashist that Nigeria is lawless when you are Nigerian Lashist being lawless? Or do you not know that it is lawless according to the Rules Of Nairaland:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Please learn to lead yourself to be unlawless

budaatum:

When will we Nigerians become responsible and lead ourselves to make our country better instead of asking some other to lead us?!

Are we not aware that leadership starts first inside our own individual selves, then in our individual homes, then on the streets we live on, then communities we live in, then our society before country?

Can a leader lead my mouth if I can't lead my own mouth myself?

This is why I speak to them in parables", a very wise man once said, so that those who have mouths will see that what I lack is not taken away from me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by PoloG: 1:01pm On May 08, 2021
Dymaco:

Your argument is baseless. You know that igbo consist of 80% of Nigeria living in Ghana but u just dey twist facts. Igbos are natural travellers. They can travel wherever they see opportunity. Once they see opportunity, they bring in their brothers. Do you know that there is igbo communities in Somalia, a war torn zone? Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and many countries u don't think of. Do you have a relative in Ghana?

Even in lagos, 30% of people living there are igbo. You can count how yorubas living in other regions of nigeria not to talk of outside Nigeria
all this mumu statistics self... just because you are loud don't mean you are the most populous..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by AregbeFufu: 1:02pm On May 08, 2021
Missyajoke:

Fair competition indeed Yorubas in Ghana buy good there and come home to sell but the igbos wants to be doing everything from buying to selling to being the retailer haha wetin you want make the Ghanaians do fold and watch you people spoil their business abii. I still respect the Yorubas when it comes to Business you won't see then doing all this nonsense this people are doing, apart of skull mining which is common in all regions all other crimes talk of baby factory e.t.c are operated by igbos will now. You may try to say hush puppy forget about him you people are the real criminals you travel out of the country you'll spoil the name abeg you people kill your policeman like foul, cultism taps for your region Habba. You people are a disgrace to Nigeria
Obviously you have mental issues. The question I asked was a very simple one and you trailed off on a pointless bigoted rant.
Next thing I'm seeing skull mining,baby factory and hush puppy, now I'm wondering where those came from.
When you see someone who's thinking faculty has been damaged by bigotry,it shows and it's quite clear.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Missyajoke(f): 1:06pm On May 08, 2021
AregbeFufu:

Obviously you have mental issues. The question I asked was a very simple one and you trailed off on a pointless bigoted rant.
Next thing I'm seeing skull mining,baby factory and hush puppy, now I'm wondering where those came from.
When you see someone who's thinking faculty has been damaged by bigotry,it shows and it's quite clear.

You, your mum and the entire members of your family has mental issues. Am not lieing am just stating the obvious fact you people are a nuisance to the country Nigeria always causing trouble wherever you go. Let me remind that once the country Nigeria splits people will see your region for who you people are and they'll stop tagging Nigeria. Evil people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by topboss: 1:08pm On May 08, 2021
sigiyaya112:
They are not trouble and It is not Xenophobia a attack, It about the law of the land and indigenous right. Ghana is a very small country with a small population compared to Nigeria, No responsible and sensible government will allow foreigner to move in to its space and make its indigenous citizens uncomfortable or to push them out of business. Nigerians learn to respect the laws of other countries and more especially Nigerians should go back and fix their country and if it unfixable then let the useless contraption be divided Period!!

U KNOW ASANTE MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF GHANIANS IN NIGERIA RIGHT?

LET ME ASK U WHICH IS MORE, GHANA IN NIGERIA OR NIGERIA IN GHANA.

GHANA POPULATION IS 23 MILLION, THEN IN NIGERIA WE HAVE OVER HALF A MILLION GHANIANS.

AND 1MILLION NIGERIANS SEEMS MUCH TO THEM OUT OF 201MILLION NIGERIANS.

GHANA AS A COUNTRY NO SABI RATIO, IF THEY DID, THEY SHOULD KNOW GHANIANS ARE MORE LIKELY TO COME TO NIGERIA THAN NIGERIA GO TO GHANA.

WHO STANDS TO LOSE MORE IF NIGERIA AND GHANA HAVE NO DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS?

https://www.pri.org/stories/2009-06-07/nigerians-fight-bad-reps-ghana#:~:text=Right%20now%20more%20than%201,High%20Commission%20here%20in%20Accra.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/500000-ghanaians-live-nigeria-envoy/
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:08pm On May 08, 2021
2elliot:
There is nothing new under the sun. People have done this your kind of hate, some swore they were doing the lord's work hating on their fellow human. Some believed it was the right thing. But all is vanity. Like as we were nothing before we were born, we become nothing when we are gone. But our actions may leave lasting impressions on generations to come.

It amuses me that you can not see that you are accusing me of your own hating.

I strongly suggest you open your eyes so you may see yourself for what you are and "find a cure for your ailment", because anger and hatred are destructive to those who are angry and hateful.

2elliot:
I would have loved to tell you an effective herbal cure for your ailment, but my anger is kindled against Yoruba, as your name indicates. Even though I have met a few good ones, but their hate for Biafra angers me a lot. For now just chew bitter cola and tom tom together. When I am in a better mood, I will send you a picture of the item you will use with original honey to treat it.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Babaken(m): 1:11pm On May 08, 2021
soundOsonic:
They stay in Nigeria na fight them dey fight, they talk say everybody hate them

Them travel go ghana they fight people for ghana, ghana talk say make them leave their market them talk no, say them must fight.

Them travel go south Africa, south Africa talk say them dey sell drugs for their pikin, them carry xenophobic cane wipe them, them talk say south Africa hate them.

Them go everywhere them them hate them, na pursue them dey pursue them

Give them their country, them no go stay there, them go still waka come your country.
just give them their country and see how far first.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

How can I prove to lawless Nigerian Lashist that Nigeria is lawless when you are Nigerian Lashist being lawless? Or do you not know that it is lawless according to the Rules Of Nairaland:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Please learn to lead yourself to be unlawless

Sick way to talk..no vex for being unlawful to you cheesy..i dey reply to your statement...is naija a lawless country?? Yes or No?? Can your leaders go against the law and not be brought to book?? If you cant answer that, just keep your mouth shut bros..i think i am lawful now
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:14pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

It is not a matter of what Nigerians call their country (a lot of Americans call their country a racist and inequal hell, yet they still get admitted into other countries , and they openly abuse their country in those other countries)...it is a matter of competition by foreginers, and of Nigerians not obeying the rules.

The rules say 'No foreigners in retail' . Yet, Nigerians ignored the rules. Now the rules are about to be enforced.

No body likes rule breakers. If we Nigerians obeyed rules in our country we would not be calling ourselves animals in a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Babaken(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2021
blues234:

When Tinubu is juggling to become your next president? By the time APC finish with Nigeria, sorry go be una name.
I tell you we need president with vision not not the other way around.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

No body likes rule breakers. If we Nigerians obeyed rules in our country we would not be calling ourselves animals in a zoo.
If your leaders obey the laws first, they will be able to punish anyone that disobeys the law...the zoo description starts with these leaders
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:20pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

Sick way to talk...i dey reply to your statement...is naija a lawless country?? Yes or No?? Can your leaders go against the law and not be brought to book?? If you cant answer that, just keep your mouth shut...nothing dey your head

Are you not lawless Nigerian Lashit making Nigeria lawless?

If Nigerian Lashit you behaves lawfully, will Nigeria be lawless?

Is it your leader that is making you lawless or is there just nothing in your head to enable you to lawfully lead yourself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:21pm On May 08, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

It is not a matter of what Nigerians call their country (a lot of Americans call their country a racist and inequal hell, yet they still get admitted into other countries , and they openly abuse their country in those other countries)...it is a matter of competition by foreginers, and of Nigerians not obeying the rules.

The rules say 'No foreigners in retail' . Yet, Nigerians ignored the rules. Now the rules are about to be enforced.
We have heard severally where some Americans hates his country and chooses to go elsewhere for his sanity...should other nationalities hate them because they dont like how America is governed...that guy is part of the mumus we have in this country
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:21pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

If your leaders obey the laws first, they will be able to punish anyone that disobeys the law...the zoo description starts with these leaders

So you must be punished first by your leaders before you behave lawfully?

Please let me know if I must punish you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Elidrisy20: 1:24pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country
Haba fear God nah
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

Are you not lawless Nigerian Lashit making Nigeria lawless?

If Nigerian Lashit you behaves lawfully, will Nigeria be lawless?

Is it your leader that is making you lawless or is there just nothing in your head to enable you to lawfully lead yourself?
If lashist behaves lawfully as he has done, naija still remains lawless because the leaders are lawless...you have been a very good and law abiding citizen...has that affected the way your leaders rule? Tell us how it has...stop shifting naija discussion to be about lashist calling you dumb...lashist called you dumb because he didn't think well before making your comments
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:25pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

Be like reading and thinking is your issues grin. Your leaders must lead by example..they should be punished first for being lawless..that way fear is instilled inside you and you tend not to be lawless
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:26pm On May 08, 2021
These days, I just tell people I am from West Africa. It almost seems like if you say you are Nigerian you are an endangered specie

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by sniper77(m): 1:27pm On May 08, 2021
Gjrich:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/07/we-are-angry-nigerians-took-over-our-retail-business-they-must-go%E2%80%94ghanaian-traders

At Adum market in Kumasi Lebanese,Indians,Pakistanis,Chinese and other asian nationals rent big shops and are into retail business.

I bought a mikachi standing fan in one of the shops owned by asians. Are the asians not foreigners?

At Kumasi mall you will find a chinese restaurant operated by asians where you can get a meal of fried rice and chicken at 40Ghc.Is that a wholesale business ?

I dont want to talk about accra where you have so many asians operating retail businesses.

Did the asians pay one million dollars for business permit to operate the businesses mentioned ?

At magazine garage in Kumasi we have a lot of Igbo business men who sell automobile spare parts and ghanaians patronize them but ghanaian spare parts dealers always have fixed prices for what they sell unlike the igbo man who will remove some few cedis just to get a customer and sell his goods and buy more.

The same thing happens at circle where the Igbo men have phones retail shops and clothing stores.

Yorubas own shops at makola market in accra and also at adum market in Kumasi. They are mainly from Ogbomoso,Ejigbo,Oyo and Osogbo. All into legit business.

GUTA is an association that cant stand any form of competition by a nigerian trader.The sky is big enough for all birds to fly.

Why cant the same GUTA ask their govt to inform asians that are into retail business to leave their country.

Its all about the timidity of a black man when he sees a man with a different skin colour but can pounce on his fellow black man to boost his ego.

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Lashist(m): 1:28pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

Though you dont sound like a tribalist like others..you are a good boy but you sound a little slow...let me tell you..the only way to teach someone is by example..if your leaders are good enough, naija won't be called a zoo..if the leaders act like animals and are lawl abusing, their followers will follow their ways cheesy
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by topboss: 1:32pm On May 08, 2021
AFTER GUTA, NEXT WE GO HEAR NIGERIANS PASTORS ARE TAKING OVER GHANA CHURCH.

DEM GO FORM GHANA UNION OF PASTORS ASSOCIATION. (GUPA)

A LAZY MAN NEVER RUNS OUT OF EXCUSES AND BLAMES EVERYBODY BUT HIMSELF.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:32pm On May 08, 2021
Lashist:

Though you dont sound like a tribalist like others..you are a good boy but you sound a little slow...let me tell you..the only way to teach someone is by example..if your leaders are good enough, naija won't be called a zoo..if the leaders act like animals and are lawl abusing, their followers will follow their ways cheesy

I do not need to be taught by others before i learn. I can be fast and mature and be responsible for educating myself instead of following slow animals to behave like animals, because if I do not behave like an animal no one will say I come from a zoo.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by 2elliot: 1:34pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

It amuses me that you can not see that you are accusing me of your own hating.

I strongly suggest you open your eyes so you may see yourself for what you are and "find a cure for your ailment", because anger and hatred are destructive to those who are angry and hateful.

I am one person who is aware of himself, and so I do not get fooled by plenty grammar and education. I understand that plenty grammar and education will not stop the innate animalistic tendency of man to hate and oppress his fellow man. So, I can see beyond the smokescreen the hate in your eyes on the Igbos. And I am no fool to play the good one. Until you are ready for commonsense and understanding, I will not deny my dislike for you and your ilk.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by 360command: 1:36pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Lol. When u visit Ghana you will be shocked. From circle, to accra to kaneshi spare parts market to mokola, opera square. They are all igbos.

Everything you see traders complain about Ghana locking their shops, are they yoruba or igbos?
the yorubas are there trading phones, computers and accessories. They also engage in textiles sales,auto sales, auto parts sales etc. There are lots of Yorubas in Ghana from ashanti, sunyani, capecoast,tema, tamale,takoradi.. Accra too
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by budaatum: 1:37pm On May 08, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
These days, I just tell people I am from West Africa. It almost seems like if you say you are Nigerian you are an endangered specie

I am proud to say I am Nigerian. I love proving to others that I am not from a zoo, and I take much delight when people notice I am not an animal.

I am yelling!

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by PoloG: 1:38pm On May 08, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
nigerians don't respect theirselves wherever dey go.. mostly igbos

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by 2elliot: 1:39pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:

I do not need to be taught by others before i learn. I can be fast and mature and be responsible for educating myself instead of following slow animals to behave like animals, because if I do not behave like an animal no one will say I come from a zoo.
It is the pride for me. Everything on earth has its lessons man can learn from, even slow animals as you said. For someone like you, I learn from everyday the degree of man's hatred on his kind.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Ykc2(m): 1:39pm On May 08, 2021
Why country like Ghana is protecting its citizens businesses our own jubril buhari is busy importing fulani bandits from all over Africa to Nigeria for future election

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Noerection: 1:40pm On May 08, 2021
Billyonaire666:
More Nigerians need to set up shops in West African Countries. If they fight you, fight them back. If they kill you, kill them back. No more cowardice.
I can be my 2 ball that you are Ibo
Always chest beating

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League / NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / Corruption: NNPC, First Bank Reacts To Seizure Of $153.3m Diezani Money..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.