Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country (32444 Views)

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them / Our South African Classmates Bully, Tell Us To Leave Their Country – Nigerians / South Africans Set Nigeria Embassy Ablaze, Ask Nigerians To Leave Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Dymaco(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2021
helinues:

You people are really funny, Ghana are saying this is their law, you are claiming of having an objection...

Didn't Nigeria close it's border for years?

If your people are not ready to abide by the law of Ghana, tell them to return back home instead of giving Nigeria bad names in abroad.Afterall it's your tribe that are majorly affected...Why?

If there are more Yoruba's in Ghana, it's logical to say the more they are the more of them would be into business...

Foreign tribes that dominated businesses in Ghana are Yoruba's... That's not something to argue about.. It has been like that for decades and still remain the same..

Old record of Yoruba's in Ghana is 400k+ while Igbo's are just 60k

Even if there are new set of Igbo's that migrated to Ghana recently, they can't match up with the figure on ground.. So how can they dominate where they are minority
Your argument is baseless. You know that igbo consist of 80% of Nigeria living in Ghana but u just dey twist facts. Igbos are natural travellers. They can travel wherever they see opportunity. Once they see opportunity, they bring in their brothers. Do you know that there is igbo communities in Somalia, a war torn zone? Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and many countries u don't think of. Do you have a relative in Ghana?

Even in lagos, 30% of people living there are igbo. You can count how yorubas living in other regions of nigeria not to talk of outside Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Gudiza(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2021
immortal2:

Calling Nigeria a Zoo is an insult to a Zoo. Can Nigeria be compared to some Zoos in Japan? Nigeria is like country that went through an apocalyptic event. In that state, they hunt one another and spill blood for the fun it. They kill and parade the head on spikes in the streets of Kano. The animals in the Zoo are malnourished because hungry humans have eaten their ration. In Nigeria, Savages kill at the slightest provocation and tell you that their kinsmen are Colonels in the accursed army of the country. They carry dagger, arrow and now AK47 on the streets of the accursed country.

Nigeria is a curse word whose Intl Passport attracts odium from decent humans. Let her habitation be desolate for the much blood in her midst. Let God spare the innocent in her midst who are crying for justice.

should we talk about the igbos own contributions to this zoo from inception?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Gudiza(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2021
greatdreamer:
See Ghana? When visionary leaders saddled the affairs of this great nation in 60s and 70s Ghanaians came here as beggars. But today Buhari has made Nigerians everywhere to be fugitives even in their own country
They're protecting/reserving a critical sector of their economy for themselves... How can you NOT understand this?
You want them to be like Zambia where chinese are selling vegetable & doing shoecobbler in market.
Even in this coiuntry , you all see the danger of allowing 'others' provide a critical sector (security) for everyone.

ALL nations should endeavor to do this.
Na only una understand this your 'unique' concept of competition.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by helinues: 12:18pm On May 08, 2021
Dymaco:

Your argument is baseless. You know that igbo consist of 80% of Nigeria living in Ghana but u just dey twist facts. Igbos are natural travellers. They can travel wherever they see opportunity. Once they see opportunity, they bring in their brothers. Do you know that there is igbo communities in Somalia, a war torn zone? Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and many countries u don't think of. Do you have a relative in Ghana?

Even in lagos, 30% of people living there are igbo. You can count how yorubas living in other regions of nigeria not to talk of outside Nigeria

From Igbos Bureau of statistics right?

Oya, where is Ilakoji located?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Onepeople: 12:19pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Ha. How is magazine business improving Ghana Economy. I don route container to Ghana as far back as 2003.

Banking and finance, no be business people dey bank there? When did these Nigerian banks enter Ghana? Its not been up to 15 years.

I can say that 60% of containers that arrive ghana ports are igbos. I know when it was only about 3 igbos that brought container in opera markt. Before about 10 Ghanaians contributed to bring one. And later asked igbos to leave the market for them.

Even Ghanaians go to togo to buy goods from igbos that import there and sell in Ghana.

If Igbo's were not in togo, the road to aflao would be deserted.

When it comes to trade forget. I pity Ghanaians when i visit their markets. The shops have become too expensive for them to afford because of the igbos.

If igbos are to exit Ghana, those Nigerian banks will have to leave with them.

For how many years. ACCRA just had about 2 branches of Ghana commercial bank and stanchart.

Real estate. Go to EAST LEGON and count student hostels owned by igbos there.

I know ABC was the first road transport comapny from Nigeria to Ghana. Before GUO and the rest.

Now airpeace by air.

Its not about magazine.
look at how the young man is dusting your stupidity, when you over cloud your brain with tribal hatred, your argument becomes shallow bereaved of objectivity grow up son,igboman will grow at any conditions he or she found himself worry about your low life.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Buliwyf: 12:26pm On May 08, 2021
Onepeople:
so what is your point? So igbos have seized to be part of Nigeria ? When u hear ipob or ESN you start shouting one Nigeria, igboman will continue to strive for survival wherever he found himself, grow up ok.

You are just venting emotionally like you IPOB slow thinkers do. The guy you are quoting is Igbo and his making pro Igbo arguments. He just doesn't support IPOB.

You guys go around creating enemies everywhere but you want to have freedom to do what you like and sell your goods. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 08, 2021
budaatum:
I do not think I would want people who call their own country a zoo to come to my country, to be honest.

First, if they call their own country a zoo the people must be animals even if they do not know it, and animals, wild ones especially, should remain in their cage and not come to my own country to turn it into a zoo like they did to their own country.

Besides, if those who call their own country a zoo are constantly attacking each other from different tribes, will they not come to my own country and be attacking my different to them country people?

Yes, if I was Ghanaian I will want irresponsible animals to stay in their zoo and not come and turn my Ghana into a zoo like they irresponsibly do to their own country Nigeria without ever admitting responsiblity, so I will not ask you to go back to your zoo, I will hunt animal down, put animal in a cage, and fly animal back to its zoo where animal belongs!

Thankfully, not all Nigerians call my country Nigeria a zoo.
Excellent assertion. Some people will learn to know the value of their nation when circumstances force them to migrate. This is only the beginning. What most educated illiterates Nigerians fail to understand is, there are specific business and investment defined in constitution allowed for foreigners irrespective of the how wrongly that so called NUTGA Chairman quoted as enshrined in West African free Trade.
Most Nigerians are very selfish, what they deny their fellow citizens at home is what they do abroad.
We need to rebrand our image tarnished by many clowns.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Kreme(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2021
Na that stupid Bobrisky cause am, na him beat their pikin
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Buliwyf: 12:30pm On May 08, 2021
Onepeople:
look at how the young man is dusting your stupidity, when you over cloud your brain with tribal hatred, your argument becomes shallow bereaved of objectivity grow up son,igboman will grow at any conditions he or she found himself worry about your low life.

This guy sha. I have never seen someone with a worse reading problem than this guy. Too much emotion like Nnamdi Kanu. No patience. No strategy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by candygist: 12:35pm On May 08, 2021
Billyonaire666:
More Nigerians need to set up shops in West African Countries. If they fight you, fight them back. If they kill you, kill them back. No more cowardice.

Fool, you think order country govt are like Nigeria govt that just let foreigners take over the business of the real citizens? Your govt already sold you out to China and Indians.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Onepeople: 12:37pm On May 08, 2021
Buliwyf:

You are just venting emotionally like you IPOB slow thinkers do. The guy you are quoting is Igbo and his making pro Igbo arguments. He just doesn't support IPOB.

You guys go around creating enemies everywhere but you want to have freedom to do what you like and sell your goods. Lol
there is no difference between you and the bigot I quoted, maybe nigerians in Ghana are ipob and ESN too? WHEN YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE IPOB OR BIAFRANS THE COURSE BECOME EASY TO ACHIEVE ,senseless comment, when I see a bigot I identify one.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by jamjo: 12:45pm On May 08, 2021
mekaboy:

Its not by question. Yorubas to Ghana buy fabrics and sell and return. Igbos have shops in the markets.

Forget the name mokola market. When you enter the market you will understand. All those shops they lock are owned by igbos. Yorubas hardly have shops there. They come and buy and go.

Go to circle GSM market. Go to kaneshi market, go to opera. You will see 1000 igbo shops before you will see a yoruba.

Same goes to togo. From Asie market to Asigami market. Even togolese learn igbo because of the market.

Please I ask the question, Is it now bad to own a business? Those markets were not built by the Igbos but now they own the majority of the shops according to you, so either they bought the shops or they rented them they are not there for free, what that tells you about the people (Igbos) Ghanaian government did not give them a dime. I honestly don't know when working hard started to become a crime. The markets were there before the Igbos came they did not use a gun to arquire the shops from the owns.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by YorubaLord: 12:45pm On May 08, 2021
Ahmadu Bello might just be right after all. These pple are just nuisance everywhere they go. They can't peacefully cohabitate with their hosts without their chest beating, arrogant and domineering nature.

Send those BASTARDS packing! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by blues234: 12:46pm On May 08, 2021
soundOsonic:

When I see reply on Nairaland I shake my head.
What I posted was it a lie?

If there is any iorta of lies there point it and show me.

We are not talking about Terrorism here that's off discussion.

Besides did I mention the tribe in question?

You were the one who picked the tribe and let it fall in this Narration.

I didn't judge anybody. You are the judge here. You just judged yourself and you are angry.
angry

So, by your comment, someone that is legitimately engaged in business is worst than a terrorist?
You see why Nigeria is such a damnable shit hole, it's because of folks like you, with an upside down thinking structure.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Babaken(m): 12:48pm On May 08, 2021
topboss:

DONT WE HAVE GHANIANS HERE IN NIGERIA.

LAS, LAS, I FORSEE NIGERIA AND GHANA NOT HAVING ANY DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITS LIKE GHANIANS.

GHANIANS ARE IN LIBERIA, IVORY COAST, UK, EUROPE, US, CHINA, YET EVERY MINUTE THEY WILL BE TALKING LIKE ALL GHANIANS LIVE IN GHANA.

THE LITTLE NIGERIANS IN GHANA NEED TO RETURN AND GHANAIANS IN NIGERIA NEED TO GO BACK TO GHANA.

THEY SHOULD TAKE THEIR EMBASSY WITH THEM.
Bro came down this life is turn by turn back then was our turn now is theirs why everything happening the way it is because we have the worst president in the history of Nigeria I pray Nigeria choose wisely in the next presidential election.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Babaken(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2021
helinues:
Let them deport those who are not ready to abide by Ghana law

I stand with Ghana
How many Ghanaians have you deport that are not bidding by the law
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by 24brains(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2021
Billyonaire666:
More Nigerians need to set up shops in West African Countries. If they fight you, fight them back. If they kill you, kill them back. No more cowardice.
when you sent them packing with Ghana must go bags from Nigeria, did they kill you? We should learn to respect each other's territorial zones
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by undertaker007(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2021
The table has turned.
When Nigeria's economy was booming and the Ghanaian moved here in masses to trade, we sent them packing. We even named a packing bag after them "Ghana must go". Now its our turn to go. I guess their slogan would be "Naija must go". What goes around comes around.
Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Missyajoke(f): 12:50pm On May 08, 2021
AregbeFufu:

This taking over of someone's business; does it happen forcefully or through fair competition?
I need an answer.

Am I lieing what you people can't allow other tribes to do in your regions you do it in other people's region. Thank God for the wise Ghanaians that chased you people away. Kuku take over their businesses. Serves them right Ghanaians process their deportation.. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by PoloG: 12:51pm On May 08, 2021
Nigeria should divide so that this igbos will keep thwir crime to theirselves

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by PoloG: 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
LZAA:

It's obvious you sticky broom soup people hate ndigbo but this demented post really takes the cake
Let them call biafra now you lot will start screaming "one nigeria"
Smh
who is screaming one nigeria?
Nigeria should divide so that you guys will sit your unwanted asses down on your biafra

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by Buliwyf: 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
Onepeople:
there is no difference between you and the bigot I quoted, maybe nigerians in Ghana are ipob and ESN too? WHEN YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE IPOB OR BIAFRANS THE COURSE BECOME EASY TO ACHIEVE ,senseless comment, when I see a bigot I identify one.

Only IPOB make emotional arguments and attack people speaking against Nnamdi Kanu. You are IPOB. Keep living in denial.

What Ghana is doing is just a taste of what you guys will get in your Biafra. Keep insulting everyone and creating enemies and let's see how you guys will run a country with good relationships after you get your Biafra. That's if you don't first kill one another with infighting for power. LOL. Keep sowing hate. You will reap it soon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country by blues234: 12:52pm On May 08, 2021
flokii:
The loud mouth irritants have gone to Ghana to spread hatred as usual.. you'll hear them saying Ghanians are lazy, Ghanians can't compete, Ghana is no man's land bla bla bla.

If you can't live peacefully and respect your host, you'll get kicked out. No two ways about it.
A Yoruba hater, as usual. None of those nonsense you listed was the reason behind the eviction, according to the article.
Read it again and get a better picture than this your bigot ridden comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Forces DG Of DSS To Resign. Saharareporters / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks On Dasukigate... / Tinubu, Ooni Of Ife, Ajimobi At Olubadan's Coronation - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.