Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand (5244 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Southerners Are Moving En Masse Out Of NE And NW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand by gadogado(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
You say you want to split, I say my people also want the same thing, you turn around and say no we don't! I have never seen such confusion in my life. Guy, the only people that want to keep Nigeria one are the people milking it dry. The average northerner doesn't smell oil money therefore will not lose a damn thing in the event of a split. So split why don't you!! Most northerners want to split, in the riots, people were yelling"a raba" meaning split the darned country.

SO it has become a situation where it makes you happy to persist in your delusion that the north wants to be in the same country as drug dealing, kidnapping, blood ritual, 419ning, two timing bigots like you. Ha think again mr. man. If you have balls, organize a protest in the south demanding a split!!! PLEASE DO THAT!!! FOOLS!! your so called oil money will still be siphoned off!! Many of you run to non oil producing african countries as of right now as economic refugees so what are you blabbing on about!
Re: North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand by gadogado(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2011
congoshine:

How laughable  grin grin grin

Talking from the comfort of your Minnesota villa ,probably financed by govt 'kwantracts' or kick-backs.  undecided

See your mouth '80% northerners want to split' .   .    .    .    .Sege !  angry angry

I wish you were with your cattle in Funtua  with US travel ban placed on your butt - you wouldn't be spewing such rubbish.  cheesy

Northerners want split ko . . . . . .gworo ni . Tschewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

clown
Re: North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand by naso2(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
gadogado:

This Thread is purely for dialogue so If you have any venom to spew or any ignorance to put on display, kindly take it elsewhere! Thank You

I wanted to point out a few myths that have been redundantly mentioned on NL.

1) Northerners have a "born to rule mentality"
Really? is that why they voted for MKO Abiola overwhelmingly in 1993?

2) Some will say the reason chief MKO Abiola was voted for by the north is because of him being a muslim! But then when its convenient, someone will turn around and say Hausas don't feel yoruba's are real muslims. Funny how the hypocrisy works.

3) Now concerning Buhari, some accuse the north of retrogressive thinking! Ask any northerner, what was Buhari being called in the north in campaign rallies? He was being called "mai gaskiya" which loosely translates to the "honest" one. Northerners believe that Buhari is incorruptible and is for the common man. He has the record to prove this.

4) Therefore, when votes were rigged to favor GEJ, northerners felt the south chose tribalism over honesty, hence the killing.

5) Now I condemn the killing of innocent lives. That is totally wrong and the religion of Islam says "If you kill an innocent soul, it is as if you have killed all of humanity" Killing is permitted only in self defense. All this talk of infidels is silly. An infidel in Islam is one who does not believe in the existence of God. Christians and Jews are called "people of the book" those who come from the monotheistic faith tradition of Abraham. Muslims believe in Jesus as a messiah. It therefore follows that Muslims do not believe that Nigerians in the south who are majority Christians are infidels. Most northern kids are taught this.

6) The criminal elements that slaughtered innocent citizens on the basis of religion are wrong and its inexcusable. But lets be clear, these riots were purely political but because Christians voted for GEJ solely because of religion, it gave politics a very religious tint.

7) Buhari is a progressive, we should all know this by now, he is not a bigot, if you have proof, I'm ready to see it and accept it. He is not corrupt and would have made an excellent leader had the south not been bamboozled into believing he is an extremist. It was misleading and your elite in the south misled you. In the north too, the emirs conspired against Buhari because they know his position.

I don't want to rationalize death but please provide me the statistics of how many southerners died in the violence. Majority of the people that died were Hausa pdp supporters. and pdp big wigs' property and pdp offices were mostly burned down. Christians were killed but a small percentage of the total number of people killed in the riots and a very tiny percentage of the total number of southern Christians living in the north. very very tiny percentage. There are more southerners living in the north than there are northerners living in the south. Igbos run most major markets across the north. So dont assume this is anything other than political.

You can not claim to seek objectivity when from your post you have concluded that GEJ won only becuase he rigged. abeg comot for here.
Re: North-south Dialogue. What Southerners Misunderstand by congoshine(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
How can you tell '80% of Northerners want a split' ? Can you quote the survey you referenced this figure from?

Is it the same illiterate northerners that will kill their neighbour because a danish cartoonist drew something that insults their prophet or put a bomb in their pants to blow up Americans because of a poorly defined palestinain cause,when they don't have electricity or medical facilities in their villages.  shocked shocked

Or the randy northern senator that travelled all the way  to Egypt to get an underaged wife(its illegal in 90% muslim sharia Egypt,but religiously okay in 45% muslim Nigeria) & claim its his religious obligation.  undecided

Or the foolish northern governor that will take on his son' age mate as fourth wife,while over 60% of his citizens don't have access to clean water . cry cry

So tell me ,which northerner told you he/she wants to split.  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Governors And Ministers Under Buhari's Regime (1984-1985) / Biafra Protesters Storms Enugu This Morning(pics) / Insurgency: Evolve New Strategy, IBB Tells Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.