Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) (52803 Views)

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Huge Crocodile Killed In Uhonmora, Edo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 5:39pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
And you wanna eat this! What the f*ck is wrong with you guys yo? That doesnt look like anything edible! Ya'll are Train wreck.

does chicken, turkey, goat, sheep, ram, cow looks like anything edible?
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by CXLVII: 5:46pm On May 08, 2021
Some Nigerians are cursed!

Beheaded the crocodile cry cry cry cry
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Cromagnon: 5:48pm On May 08, 2021
Umsworld:
Red meat cheesy
White meat actually
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Erojepromise(f): 5:52pm On May 08, 2021
Yuck cry op next time indicate graphic.. human beings are the worse creatures on earth
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2021
Poor thing embarassed
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Sunsets: 5:56pm On May 08, 2021
Dulendu, aaaah are you Ikwerre, lol. It's been long I heard that.
donbachi:
Abeg,wen u cook am finish.post the pics..make i use dulendu with semo.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:07pm On May 08, 2021
Sleekfingers:

does chicken, turkey, goat, sheep, ram, cow looks like anything edible?
;DD. I have seen this Argument and I know how to handle it.
The truth remains that Domestic Animals and Food Animals in the Food industry play non-significant role in our Ecosystem. How and why?
Domesticated are Animals are bred to fufill a purpose as either companion Animals,Work Animals,Food Animals or Guard Animals.
Recent studies have shown most food Animals are green house gases emitters. A Cattle doesn't help the Ecosystem in anyway. They add to the problem. Ever heard of "Green House Effect". In Lay man terms, it means a recurring event that occurs or happens as a result of the inability of the heat in the earth to be conducted out into the space. They're certain gases which trap this heat and conduct it. The chief being Methane Gases.
This heat eventually leads to melting of Ice Caps in the polar region which leads to flooding, Tsunami, Cyclones and many disasters. Life is balance oo. Do you know that every living organism digestive organ release some form of Methane? Cattles are known to consume lots of grasses and Forages. Do they belch? Yes. Do they poop? Yes. What gas is released? Methane. Where does this Methane escape to? The Atmosphere. The denser the population, the more gases are there to be released.
Does your Fowl and Pig add anything to the Ecosystem? Well yes when they die and are consumed by decaying organisms. Aside death,they play nothing.
A crocodile reduces the increase of prey density. Guy you no go like if you wake up one morning and you see like 50 squirrels for your frontage.
That's the reason wildlife is preserved. They're preserved to balance things in the earth but you see this cancer (Man)? He no go hear word.
George Orwell "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others".
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
And you wanna eat this! What the f*ck is wrong with you guys yo? That doesnt look like anything edible! Ya'll are Train wreck.
They say it tastes like chicken
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2021
Erojepromise:
Yuck cry op next time indicate graphic.. human beings are the worse creatures on earth
Ha ha.
They would boil it garlic,onions and pepper with Maggi.
Then try it and Wala chicken a la grande
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Richy4(m): 6:13pm On May 08, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Hunger bad

OH Jizzzzz what a flash back!!!!!You just mentioned a name of a Good and vibrant Nairalander that passed away some couple of years may his soul rest in peace..
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Erojepromise(f): 6:14pm On May 08, 2021
baralatie:

Ha ha.
They would boil it garlic,onions and pepper with Maggi.
Then try it and Wala chicken a la grande
embarassed undecided
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by bewla(m): 6:21pm On May 08, 2021
donbachi:
Abeg,wen u cook am finish.post the pics..make i use dulendu with semo.
ogbono shoup sure die
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 6:34pm On May 08, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

gringrin. I have seen this Argument and I know how to handle it.
The truth remains that Domestic Animals and Food Animals in the Food industry play non-significant role in our Ecosystem. How and why?
Domesticated are Animals are bred to fufill a purpose as either companion Animals,Work Animals,Food Animals or Guard Animals.
Recent studies have shown most food Animals are green house gases emitters. A Cattle doesn't help the Ecosystem in anyway. They add to the problem. Ever heard of "Green House Effect". In Lay man terms, it means a recurring event that occurs or happens as a result of the inability of the heat in the earth to be conducted out into the space. They're certain gases which trap this heat and conduct it. The chief being Methane Gases.
This heat eventually leads to melting of Ice Caps in the polar region which leads to flooding, Tsunami, Cyclones and many disasters. Life is balance oo. Do you know that every living organism digestive organism release some form of Methane? Cattles are known to consume lots of grasses and Forages. Do they belch? Yes. Do they poop? Yes. What gas is released? Methane. Where does this Methane escape to? The Atmosphere. The denser the population, the more gases are there to be released.
Does your Fowl and Pig add anything to the Ecosystem? Well yes when they die and are consumed by decaying organisms. Aside death,they play nothing.
A crocodile reduces the increase of prey density. Guy you no go like if you wake up one morning and you see like 50 squirrels for your frontage.
That's the reason wildlife is preserved. They're preserved to balance things in the earth but you see this cancer (Man)? He no go hear word.
George Orwell "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others".

I understand what greenhouse gas and global warming is all about.

Don’t you think the part of your comment in bold counters your whole argument? So tomorrow, if I start harvesting some squirrels in the woods for food, you will still complain that I’m causing imbalance to nature. Last I remembered, gators aren’t on the endangered species list.

People all over the world harvest wild games for food, the most important thing is to not over exploit them.

In countries like Australia, government even pay people to kill feral donkeys, horses, camels, goats, emus en mass and their carcass left to rot in the wild.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by falcon01: 6:36pm On May 08, 2021
networkgenuis:

They are usually skinned before cooking, frying or roasting. You can check out amazing crocodile delicacies from around the world on YouTube.

I think I might get me some croc Peppersoup grin
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by falcon01: 6:37pm On May 08, 2021
2elliot:
U need to be calming down, mr animal right activist.
nah bro, I'm a meat eater. I just see it as absurd to eat thay, but Judging by you guys comments I think I'm gonna try some croc meat.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2021
All because of meat, anyway. I will have mine grilled with fresh cut onions, pepper and tomatoes. cheesy
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2021
BKayy:
Innocent crocodile that went to find something to feed her kids killed.
Shame on hungry Nigerians
Shame
I bet after this comment you will go and eat fish, chicken or suya. angry
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 6:45pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
I think I might get me some croc Peppersoup grin

Bon appetit cheesy
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by 2elliot: 6:46pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
nah bro, I'm a meat eater. I just see it as absurd to eat thay, but Judging by you guys comments I think I'm gonna try some croc meat.
It is very meaty and tasty. Use to eat them well well, but since Shell found oil on the land and have started exploration we can't kill them any longer. They are now even bigger monsters living within the perimetre fences in the secluded company lands that are untouched.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 08, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Some people have myopic thinking. If you really captured this animal, you could have made a lot more money than just a meal.

How silly of the killers, a croc this size would be sold to the zoo at a very good price.

The animal at the zoo will generate revenue that you might even sign an agreement to get a percentage from everyone that comes to see
it.
That's really true mahn.... You really making sense

Not every animal isn't necessarily for chops na.

I am sure they would trash the skin, though it is bad they killed it, the crocodile skin is like Gold to some fashion companies.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by goooze(m): 6:53pm On May 08, 2021
People are hungry some people here dey speak Grammer "if they are gonna eat that thing" my broda hungry dey town infact, they won't spare the bone.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Lekq2: 7:03pm On May 08, 2021
Food
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2021
networkgenuis:

I understand what greenhouse gas and global warming is all about.

Don’t you think the part of your comment in bold counters your whole argument? So tomorrow, if I start harvesting some squirrels in the woods for food, you will still complain that I’m causing imbalance to nature. Last I remembered, gators aren’t on the endangered species list.

People all over the world harvest wild games for food, the most important thing is to not over exploit them.

In countries like Australia, government even pay people to kill feral donkeys, horses, camels, goats, emus en mass a nd their carcass left to rot in the wild.
gringrin. Do you know that Constant killing can lead to extinction. Do you know that many of our living lifestyle has caused an opposite but equal reaction? Anyways it is not until an animal becomes endangered that is when you begin to take caution. That's how they talked about white Lip Rhinoceros not being endangered in the 30's-70's, they said so too about the Bengal Tiger. Now what are we seeing? Guy any wild animal can become endagered. Species are lost everyday. Domestic Animals are not on the list of wild Animals.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 7:15pm On May 08, 2021
If this thing jams u in a swampy area,e go chop u,these nigerian animal right enthusiast self,something wey God say make we kill and eat,abi e dey do Una somehow,if I see where dem dey share the meat I go chop...abeg make we hear word
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 7:17pm On May 08, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

gringrin. Do you know that Constant killing can lead to extinction. Do you know that many of our living lifestyle has caused an opposite but equal reaction? Anyways it is not until an animal becomes endangered that is when you begin to take caution. That's how they talked about white Lip Rhinoceros not being endangered in the 30's-70's, they said so too about the Bengal Tiger. Now what are we seeing? Guy any wild animal can become endagered. Species are lost everyday. Domestic Animals are not on the list of wild Animals.

If we should go by your logic, it means we should stop fishing the oceans and rivers too? I’m sure you enjoy Titus, Kote, crayfish, panla, stock fish, periwinkle etc cheesy

My brother, the key is to never over hunt these animals and last I checked, I don’t see people actively hunting gators everyday. I’m the developed world, they have seasons that government allows individuals to go and hunt. The animals use the off season to replenish.

And just so you know, 99.9% of all species that has ever lived have extinct.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by emmy56(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2021
In as much as it's disgusting to eat this thing, there is nothing wrong in eating it. if u can eat it fine, if u cannot avoid it.
Asians eat all sort of creatures known and unknown. countries like china, indonesia, etc eat these creatures like normal meat.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by armadeo(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2021
Richy4:
Oh!! so crocodile is edible too in our country shocked shocked Nawaoooo.... assuming they see Dinosaurs now, they will still kill and eat. embarassed

Sometimes I wonder if this kill and eat attitude on anything that moves were because of hunger or just something else

Men in my undergraduate days I went to one hood. Crocodile was a delicacy
I chop am tire.

Pepperoup tins and egusi matter
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Lomprico2: 8:06pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:

cool down, Americans eat alligator and even sells the barbecue on the street.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
Smh...white African...cheesy

These things were created to supply protein to man...We can't follow the white man way hook, line and sinker.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by DaRuud(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2021
Is there anything that some Nigerians won't eat ?

post=101488649:
Update From . COM

A Twitter user has shared photos of a dead crocodile that was being cut on Ogombo/Abraham Adesanya road in Lagos state, Reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle, @kingdahyor

https://mobile.twitter.com/kingdahyor/status/1390666859205341186

Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Richy4(m): 8:18pm On May 08, 2021
armadeo:

I chop am tire.

grin grin grin grin grin
Man you are more adventurous than I am....Some thing that I don't know, especially when it has to do with food, I can't try it...
I am not a vegetarian by the way but there are certain animal that I will never eat even @ gunpoint and this one and snakes were certainly ontop of that list......I remembered how a friend wanted me to try kangaroo meat, I refused with all my strength smiley ..My brother just double check the pic of that crocodile again, doesn't it look gory and disturbing smiley...
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Ishilove: 8:19pm On May 08, 2021
armadeo:

I chop am tire.

Oh dear... embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm / 70-Year-Old Malnourished Elephant Performing In Sri Lanka Goes Viral / World’s Largest Shark Ever Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.