Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? (24956 Views)

Only One Christian Has Played For Egypt National Football Team / Is It A Sin If Married Couple Have Different Sex Style / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by ndcide(m): 1:51pm On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?

Sorry, Sin can prevent you from going to heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 (KJV) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 (KJV) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

That you have so much likes after posting this heresy shows how wicked the devil is and using all sorts of people to deceive the simple.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by detectivejones: 3:21pm On May 09, 2021
From my findings. .

By the time you all understand this body you have is nothing but just a covering it will be late.
God is not interested if you tattooed the map of the world on your body he is interested in your soul. Know this and know peace
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by tranxo(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2021
DanceVille:
Happy Sunday Folks! Blessed one in Jesus name Brethren.

This keeps bulging my mind because have seen some believers that have tattoos on their body and they are strong believers. They have the tattoo when they are unbelievers but after they converted to been a believer, the tattoo still remains because it's a permanent one.

Assuming I have the tattoo of my mother or father or my son/daughter on my body and a strong believer of Christ, does that makes me an unbeliever or does that mean that I need to get the tattoo erased before I can make it to heaven.

I remembered when we were been preached to by pastor then that God says we shouldn't have any form of tattoo on our body, christ sees it as sin.

But the issue now is, let's look at this two different scenarios;

1. I have a tattoo when I was an unbeliever, but converted to a believer and there's no way I can erased the tattoo, does that still makes me an unbeliever?

2. I'm a believer of Christ, strong and faithful to him. But I wish to have an image of my dad/ mum or son/daughter because of the much love I have for him/her, does that still changes me to been an unbeliever in christ?

Brethrens, please let's contribute to this issues and share your opinions with reference to the word of God.

Stay happy ❤️
You are already an image of Christ. Why do you need to be identified with another image. He is a jealous God shey u know.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by ofiko123(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2021
JAMB QUESTION...
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Ochibaisik(m): 4:23pm On May 09, 2021
The word of God REBUKES us from having tatoo.There is no explanations anywhere to give.Whatsoever God says that is final,no minding of words He alone knows why we should not have one.TATOO is demonic.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by BlesE: 4:34pm On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?
what kind of contradictory advice are you giving for saying sin can't prevent someone going to heaven, there's nothing like eternal security once saved forever saved even though the person goes on with the life sin because he believes that Jesus salvation can't be lost,it is genuine salvation and consistent Christian living to the end that guarantees entrance to heaven.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by maiquel: 4:37pm On May 09, 2021
[s]
post=101514244:
Tattoos aren't for everyone, but they aren't inherently sinful. 
Tattoos are permissible, but that doesn't mean you should get one.
If you do get some tattoo, do so with a clear conscience, in faith, unto the glory of God.
There is no proven theory that getting tattoos would be a barrier for you to reach heaven. However, if you strongly believe that having tattoos would not let you go to heaven, it is always the perfect decision to avoid getting tattoos.

Let us back.our comments with some verses from Our Holy Bible.

Leviticus 19 : 28..... You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

Isaiah 49 : 16....... Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” “Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

Revelation 19 : 16...... and “upon his garment and upon his thigh is written the name, 'King of kings and Lord of lords
[/s]
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by BlesE: 4:38pm On May 09, 2021
detectivejones:
From my findings. .

By the time you all understand this body you have is nothing but just a covering it will be late.
God is not interested if you tattooed the map of the world on your body he is interested in your soul. Know this and know peace
why then did he say we should present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto him, God is interested in our bodies as much as our souls.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

DMX the war prayer has a tattoo
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by detectivejones: 4:51pm On May 09, 2021
BlesE:
why then did he say we should present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto him, God is interested in our bodies as much as our souls.

When you die is it your body or spirit that goes up to God?
Your body that will rot and become all bones. Again your body is like a cloth God is more interested on the inside
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by justmondris: 5:29pm On May 09, 2021
Bvlgari:
I dont think drawing tattoos is a sin...its only in Nigeria that it seems to be one...because we too carry religion for head...again, since tattoos are permanent, u should know and decide what to tattoo on your body

A tattoo remembering a loved one is definitely different from a tattoo of bobrisky on your body hahaha u get it?

What you think does not change the word of God. Go and read your bible and stop assuming . 1. Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by justmondris: 5:31pm On May 09, 2021
post=101514244:
Tattoos aren't for everyone, but they aren't inherently sinful. 
Tattoos are permissible, but that doesn't mean you should get one.
If you do get some tattoo, do so with a clear conscience, in faith, unto the glory of God.
There is no proven theory that getting tattoos would be a barrier for you to reach heaven. However, if you strongly believe that having tattoos would not let you go to heaven, it is always the perfect decision to avoid getting tattoos.

Let us back.our comments with some verses from Our Holy Bible.

Leviticus 19 : 28..... You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

Isaiah 49 : 16....... Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” “Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

Revelation 19 : 16...... and “upon his garment and upon his thigh is written the name, 'King of kings and Lord of lords

Hello, what are u saying? What you think does not change the word of God. Please, go and read your bible 1. Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by helicoptarr: 5:41pm On May 09, 2021
Oh yes. It's a sin.

Your body is not really yours but your Creator's, to Whom you'll give account of all you're doing with it.

Leviticus 19:28
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:40pm On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

So if I become xtian now,I'm free to sin cheesy
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by UndilutedFaxt: 7:10pm On May 09, 2021
Wallade:
Wearing a tattoo is like wearing makeups, painting your nails and other beautification wears.

I don't think it is a sin before God except when your worship the tattoo or it influences you negatively.

that's because you are no more living for yourself once you surrender to Jesus. You start living to honor Him.
The person who asked this question wants to honor God
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by jevic(m): 8:17pm On May 09, 2021
Yes it is a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Bvlgari: 10:10pm On May 09, 2021
justmondris:

What you think does not change the word of God. Go and read your bible and stop assuming . 1. Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.

Keep your opinion to yourself and dont assume u can change my mind abt what i said...baba religious bigot
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by mrkings84(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2021
For an African Christian it's a sin
But for a Western Christan it's not.

Your beliefs!
Your guilt!!
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Kinkinatus(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2021
Leviticus 19:28 is your answer in the bible.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by mocesy: 11:01pm On May 09, 2021
Jay-z is so intelligent that's why he never wears tattoo.. The Holy Torah condems it.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by olamide0147: 12:38am On May 10, 2021
openmine:

Not necessarily true!

Your physical appearance is a reflection of one's character and ultimately your faith in God!

If indeed,you are the light of the world as explicitly written in the word of God,then you must exhibit exemplary traits that conform with Christ which includes your outward appearance!

I agree that there are other bad stuffs far worse than tattoo, however,it doesn't take away the fact that writing stuffs on the body will give people the wrong impression about you!

What is wrong is wrong no matter how small!

Remember the way you dress is the same way you will be addressed!

Ok
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nelico: 1:17am On May 10, 2021
[i]
alBHAGDADI:

[b]Beloved the above submission is wrong & misleading. Any soul that sin shall die. Even satan believe that Jesus is the son of God. It is a false teaching that once u believe, u will make heaven. Without holiness, no man can see the lord. After believing in Jesus, every born again christian must work out his salvation with fear and trembling. No liar, adulterer, fornicator, drunkard, cheat, hater, malicious habit, proud people, etc shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by openmine(m): 1:24am On May 10, 2021
olamide0147:

Is that not you on your profile picture lmao nairaland Don suffer, you wey look like bone fish, bro pls feed your parents first then you can talk about the people that are financially stable than you. Up coming yahoo u better lay low and learn
smiley smiley
That's the problem with people who insult...they don't think or even know who they last insulted! smiley
So a frame display on my dp is now a bone fish looking human image?
Interesting! cheesy
Please get some medicated glasses next time! cool
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by justmondris: 1:47am On May 10, 2021
Bvlgari:

Keep your opinion to yourself and dont assume u can change my mind abt what i said...baba religious bigot

Lololoo
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Janosky: 2:30am On May 10, 2021
DanceVille:
Happy Sunday Folks! Blessed one in Jesus name Brethren.

This keeps bulging my mind because have seen some believers that have tattoos on their body and they are strong believers. They have the tattoo when they are unbelievers but after they converted to been a believer, the tattoo still remains because it's a permanent one.

Assuming I have the tattoo of my mother or father or my son/daughter on my body and a strong believer of Christ, does that makes me an unbeliever or does that mean that I need to get the tattoo erased before I can make it to heaven.

I remembered when we were been preached to by pastor then that God says we shouldn't have any form of tattoo on our body, christ sees it as sin.

But the issue now is, let's look at this two different scenarios;

1. I have a tattoo when I was an unbeliever, but converted to a believer and there's no way I can erased the tattoo, does that still makes me an unbeliever?

2. I'm a believer of Christ, strong and faithful to him. But I wish to have an image of my dad/ mum or son/daughter because of the much love I have for him/her, does that still changes me to been an unbeliever in christ?

Brethrens, please let's contribute to this issues and share your opinions with reference to the word of God.

Stay happy ❤️

Leviticus 19:28 and Deuteronomy 14:1..
Leviticus 21:1,5
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by faceland: 8:56am On May 11, 2021
obailala:

Preaching Levitical Laws, wow!! In the same chapter in the old testament where tatoos were prohibited (Lev 19:28), if you go just one verse above (Lev 19:27), men were prohibited from shaving their side hair or trimming their beards. It's also written that if you fail one of the Mosaic Laws, you fail all, so in essence, if tatoos are a sin, then shaving your beards also is a sin, and if you've ever shaved your beards as a man, you're also a sinner grin

Apostle Peter in Acts: 15:10 referred to those Mosaic laws as "a burden / yoke whcih neither they (the apostles) nor their forefathers were able to bear". Christ already said he came to fulfil the Laws, i.e. to pay off the debt and release new covenant believers from the yoke of those weird and excruciating old laws. But somehow, someway, some Christians chose to disregard Christ's sacrifice by preaching Mosaic Laws in 2021?

But please out of curiousity, for some of you guys that still opt to preach the laws of Moses, how exactly do you guys pick and choose which laws to uphold and which ones to disregard?

Hope you known that sin has categories. Their are since that you just make a sin offering, and their are sins that you must be put to death.

If you like say breaking one sin is breaking all sin and just go ahead and worship other gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kumuyi: "Stop Attacking President Buhari, It's Ungodly" / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians / Maharaj Ji Advises Buhari On How To Run His Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.