Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? (24975 Views)

Only One Christian Has Played For Egypt National Football Team / Is It A Sin If Married Couple Have Different Sex Style / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Gallantrugged: 9:05am On May 09, 2021
Your sin will never stop you from making heaven? Seriously? Don't misguide people pls.
Tattoo is a forbidden act, straight up!

alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Wallade(m): 9:05am On May 09, 2021
fc450:
that means you re not reading ur Bible

Please educate me about the topic with the Bible you referred.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by olamide0147: 9:05am On May 09, 2021
fc450:
that means you re not reading ur Bible
Mr jesus
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 09, 2021
medube:

And what does Leviticus 19:27 say?

You dey ask Me?
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:05am On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?
a Christian with a terrorists name. You reminded me of my former account on Twitter. Have a blessed Sunday Man
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Kultee(f): 9:05am On May 09, 2021
angry
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Cutehector(m): 9:06am On May 09, 2021
No
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by EmperorTolson: 9:06am On May 09, 2021
DanceVille:
Happy Sunday Folks! Blessed one in Jesus name Brethren.

This keeps bulging my mind because have seen some believers that have tattoos on their body and they are strong believers. They have the tattoo when they are unbelievers but after they converted to been a believer, the tattoo still remains because it's a permanent one.

Assuming I have the tattoo of my mother or father or my son/daughter on my body and a strong believer of Christ, does that makes me an unbeliever or does that mean that I need to get the tattoo erased before I can make it to heaven.

I remembered when we were been preached to by pastor then that God says we shouldn't have any form of tattoo on our body, christ sees it as sin.

But the issue now is, let's look at this two different scenarios;

1. I have a tattoo when I was an unbeliever, but converted to a believer and there's no way I can erased the tattoo, does that still makes me an unbeliever?

2. I'm a believer of Christ, strong and faithful to him. But I wish to have an image of my dad/ mum or son/daughter because of the much love I have for him/her, does that still changes me to been an unbeliever in christ?

Brethrens, please let's contribute to this issues and share your opinions with reference to the word of God.

Stay happy ❤️
3. You love Jesus so much that you have his tattoo on your body. How about that? Is it a sin
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by kingxsamz(m): 9:07am On May 09, 2021
Lol, the brother up there said you can still repent after getting the tatoo.
So go ahead, get that tatoo you want, you can get as many as you want on your body, just make sure you repent and it's all forgotten. Now you can rock your tattoo without it being a sin. Lmao. Christianity is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by medube(m): 9:08am On May 09, 2021
booscy:

You dey ask Me?

You quoted verse 28 and yes I'm asking you what does verse 27 say?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:08am On May 09, 2021
Wallade:

Oga stop quoting the Bible wrongly to suit your selfish intent.

The Bible verse you referred addressed the following:

Cutting and tattooing for the dead were religious-cultural norms in the pagan cultures under God's judgment in the promised land. ... Here it refers to cutting “for the dead.” This is done still today in Eastern cultures in the process of mourning the dead.

No be fight ooooo

No be Me write Bible, No be you write Bible

No come dey gree make e give you headache.

I no stop anybody from wetin anybody wan do oooo.

Na Bible I say make I quote small I no Kee pesin

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by humilitypays(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2021
Tattoo is bad.

It limits your career growth in the formal sector.

It limits your chances of securing a job as a job seeker.

It limits your chances of getting a worthy relationship or marriage partner especially as a lady.

It limits your chances of political growth in politics as you will be seen as unserious and wayward person without strict principle, such person can't be considered a worthy leader of the people.

God frowns at it.

Your parents frowns at it.

The elderly frowns at it.

Security men profile you because of it and prejudge you as a potential criminal.

Only the wayward youths and entertainment world celebrates it.

What then is the benefit of having a tattoo if not to satisfy your immoral mind and that of your fellow immoral group

So why draw a tattoo in the first place

Have you ever seen someone buy a Rolls Royce car with gold plating and then uses knife to scratch it to make it look prettier This should let you know that people that draw tattoo are wayward, insecure, easily influenced by the world around them, are under peer pressure, cannot resist society or peer pressure, and such people cannot become worthy leaders.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 09, 2021
medube:

You quoted verse 28 and yes I'm asking you what does verse 27 say?

E say make barbers
Razor blade makers
Shaving stick makers
Clipper companies

Anything to do with hair cut or bear bear shaving make Dem no chop
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make una no take my quoting personal naaaau

Na small shine I wan shine naaaau
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Wallade(m): 9:12am On May 09, 2021
booscy:

No be fight ooooo

No be Me write Bible, No be you write Bible

No come dey gree make e give you headache.

I no stop anybody from wetin anybody wan do oooo.

Na Bible I say make I quote small I no Kee pesin

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be quarrel too for my end. I just wanted to clarify the position of the Bible verse you referred.

The Bible didn't say we can't wear tattoo to the glory of God. It is when it glorifies evil that a sin presents.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by thaoriginator: 9:12am On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

grin
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by EmperorTolson: 9:12am On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

So if you believed in the salvation of Jesus Christ and yet you're a sinner. You'll make heaven?
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by medube(m): 9:12am On May 09, 2021
booscy:

E say make barbers
Razor blade makers
Shaving stick makers
Clipper companies

Anything to do with hair cut or bear bear shaving make Dem no chop
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make una no take my quoting personal naaaau

Na small shine I wan shine naaaau
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Hotzone(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2021
Depends on what the tat represents
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Royaldave200(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2021
Well mine was written with a purpose of reminding me to always tow the right path.

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by olamide0147: 9:15am On May 09, 2021
There's nothing or a religion called Christian it something formed by the Romans just to fooled y'all to step away from God and worship their idols, why is that messiah never start any religion he worshipped God the same way all the prophets before him worshipped God, he washed his face, hands and feets but how many of you so called Christians wash your facea and feets before praying to God?
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Cnach: 9:15am On May 09, 2021
faceland:
YES!

The old testament forbids it (as a chosen people you are not to mark your body)...

The new testament said your body is the temple of God...

A real Christian (which there are very few like 0.5% of those who claims to), wouldn't get a tattoo. Why? Even take tattoo of Jesus or Bible Verse is disobedience.

Obedience is better than sacrifice and God said rebellion is equal to WITCHCRAFT
Thank u my brother.
In addition, if u are a Christian u know where to get ur points to stand on..that is meet ur pastor and don't ask me how to know a good pastor bc u all know how to detect fake alert and scammers

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:15am On May 09, 2021
Wallade:

No be quarrel too for my end. I just wanted to clarify the position of the Bible verse you referred.

The Bible didn't say we can't wear tattoo to the glory of God. It is when it glorifies evil that a sin presents.

Okayyyyyyy!

Na so!!!!!!

Datis eeee if pesin go draw angel or crucifix na correct one be that abi

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Wallade(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2021
humilitypays:
Tattoo is bad.

It limits your career growth in the formal sector.

It limits your chances of securing a job as a job seeker.

It limits your chances of getting a worthy relationship or marriage partner especially as a lady.

It limits your chances of political growth in politics as you will be seen as unserious and wayward person without strict principle, such person can't be considered a worthy leader of the people.

God frowns at it.

Your parents frowns at it.

The elderly frowns at it.

Security men profile you because of it and prejudge you as a potential criminal.

Only the wayward youths and entertainment world celebrates it.

What then is the benefit of having a tattoo if not to satisfy your immoral mind and that of your fellow immoral group

So why draw a tattoo in the first place

Have you ever seen someone buy a Rolls Royce car with gold plating and then uses knife to scratch it to make it look prettier This should let you know that people that draw tattoo are wayward, insecure, easily influenced by the world around them, are under peer pressure, cannot resist society or peer pressure, and such people cannot become worthy leaders.

A lot of formally employed people wear tattoo but not on obvious parts of their bodies.

A lot of potential husbands and wives don't mind tattoos, it is just unfortunate when you meet people that frown at it and often times because of their personal believes and bias.

God doesn't frown at it when it does not glorify evil and not all parents frown at it.

As for everyone that is against it, you are all entitled to your personal believes and bias. Don't generalize your believes or bias.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by MarketDispatch: 9:17am On May 09, 2021
It is not about Tattoo. It is about the humanity in you Tattoo or no Tattoo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by SEGLIZ: 9:18am On May 09, 2021
4dStreet:
Yeah,
people with vsible tattoo are seen unprofessional in their work place and may even limit one's attribute to a potential career unless he or she is in the entertainment sector.
Meanwhile
Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"—so as to prohibit tattoos,

Bible also forbid us from having any graven image.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by thanor(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2021
Y do we pick some laws in the old testament and leave some? Why not abide by all laws of moses? Those laws where made by moses for the jews only and not all nations. You are a Christian not a jew.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by sophxx: 9:19am On May 09, 2021
Danceville the matter get as e be o brother. We are in same dillema. Wanna have names of my family on my body too but i have dat fear too. But what i have come to realise is that Moses laws were strictly meant for the Jews(Judaism). Remember thou shall not cut your beards and the hair of your head and many others?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Kingstanding: 9:19am On May 09, 2021
4dStreet:
Yeah,
people with vsible tattoo are seen unprofessional in their work place and may even limit one's attribute to a potential career unless he or she is in the entertainment sector.
Meanwhile
Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"—so as to prohibit tattoos,
. Can you fulfill all the law in the old testament? We are no more under law. If you're still under law then Jesus Christ did not die for your sin.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:19am On May 09, 2021
Why do you want to get a tattoo?

Before God, actions is what matters.
The reason behind everything u do.
Why do you want to have tattoo on Ur body as a believer? 90% of people with tattoos are unbelievers.
The Bible clearly states that don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers... What relationship had light with darkness.
The Bible says whatsoever u do as a Christian in words or indeed, do it to the glory of God.

If u aren't a believer nd u got a tattoo, once u accept Jesus Christ as ur lord and saviour ,all Ur past is forgiven.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Buzx: 9:21am On May 09, 2021
Ikennablue:
Na wa o. So tatoo is sin and tribal mark is not??

Very brilliant analogy.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:22am On May 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Yes.

Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you.

Most employers won't employ you if they see a visible tattoo on you.

You can't be a pastor, if you have tattoos.

There are opportunities you can miss all because of visible tattoos.

Most people don't take people that have tattoo seriously.

well, you forgot to read the verse before vs 28.

Leviticus 19:27. King James Bible
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

New King James Version
You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard.

Do you shave the hair on your head or your beards? If you do you're a sinner.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Reference(m): 9:22am On May 09, 2021
The same body you expect God to keep healthy, God to protect, God to bless, God to save is the same body you are using to advertise another company and business interest.

When you get to the office tomorrow carry the placard, the flag, the logo of your company's ace rival and plant it right in front of your desk and see what your bosses and directors think about that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maharaj Ji Advises Buhari On How To Run His Government / Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.