Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) (60985 Views)

19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / Petrol Tanker Explosion In Okene, Kogi State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by AlexEmeka042: 9:47am On May 10, 2021
You can imagine! and the idiot wants to be the President of Zoological republic of Nigeria.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Duksnay: 9:48am On May 10, 2021
I am not surprised. There has been little or no project at all since he came to power.
What do you expect from him.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by semyman: 9:49am On May 10, 2021
The quality of the iron rods far below minimum standard gauge
As usual corruption is king here
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by MikeMicheal(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.
Everyone come and see Desmond nairaland account ooo
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by musicwriter(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

If you were Yaya Bello; would you hire that contractor? If no, then tell me why the governor shouldn't be held responsible.

Unqualified leaders are making unqualified decisions. That's a major part of our problem.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by feeloscar(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1391624514472132609
This is a culvert and not a bridge.This is most likely, work in progress as can be seen from the laterite fill on the inside of the wingwall.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by wiseman2011(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2021
Bad job...........thanks
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by rowosky(m): 9:53am On May 10, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Abeg who get Oche Asiri, I'm just coming from his campaign thread.

[img]https://media1./images/371172a849f4036ef19c12e9495837ff/tenor.gif[/img]
A Whooping 12MB on a GIF.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by lastempero: 9:55am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

The 12mm alone, shock me!!
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by dederocs(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2021
Mad criminal Bello grin
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by newdawnlive: 10:00am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

shortup
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by BruncleZuma: 10:02am On May 10, 2021
rowosky:

A Whooping 12MB on a GIF.
High Quality
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by bemtos: 10:02am On May 10, 2021
The engineer should be charged to court. Those reinforcements are too tiny for a bridge.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by doneback04: 10:03am On May 10, 2021
Hahahaha, Nigeria government una well done
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by tk003(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Why wouldn't they hold the governor responsible? When they will not award contract to deserving companies but 'showel and wheelbirow companies'.

Presidential aspirant indeed!

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by deavicky(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2021
See rod they take do bridge. Thank God no be deep river, we for don lost someone because of always doing the wrong thing.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Blackdisciple(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2021
Engineer done chop money carry substandard materials do work, he should be probe.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:12am On May 10, 2021
Things ain't gonna be okay! In Nigeria now, everybody is a thief. The one wey you never see stealing still dey pretend to be good, the day him go steal, he go steal the one for his fourth generations go enjoy. The engineer na thief, the governor na thief who is holding who liable. Where you wan start.. Everybody na thief..
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

The governor is the Chief Executive of the state, so the buck stops with him. He should be held "accountable" then he, the governor, will hold the government officials and contractor "responsible" for this fiasco. When they are rightly brought to book and prosecution concluded, then the governor has show and proven accountability, thus fulfilling his role of Chief executive. Remember it is the duty of the governor to put the right team/checks in order to ensure that such things don't happen.

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by seyz91(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2021
grin
edlion57:
This is how he will collapse Nigeria after one week of swearing in
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Indispensable85(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2021
Hahahaha....yahaya bello the super failure.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by gbengaadeleye12: 10:17am On May 10, 2021
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Bestman98: 10:18am On May 10, 2021
Look at the idiot that said he want to be the president of Nigeria , God punish you there with your fake projects , substandard and low quality jobs . Ewu
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 10:19am On May 10, 2021
Nigerians... always missing the point.

Name and shame the contractor, the ministry, the department and public officials who awarded and managed the project....
NOT THE GOVERNOR!
The only time he is culpable is when and if he refuses to hold these people accountable.

Someone could have been killed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by contigiency(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

You are the true son of your father. The Engineer is the culprit here. The job was given to him because he parades certificate as a qualified Engineer which was why the job was given to him. In fact, I move a motion for his license to be withdrawn immediately.

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by femifemi1(m): 10:22am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

If you held the Engineer you will hear words. What do you expect the engineer to work with when 70% of the allocated fund is always forcefully collected as bribe.

What's left is not always enough to start most projects.... do you think the same engineer can delivery such a bad project to private company?

Corruption wear better garment for Naija...

There was a time, a traditional ruler stopped construction company from constructing roads in his region, just because he heard the company had paid bribe to the govt workers but refuse to bring his own. This is a road that will benefit him and his people.

Nigerians are just too crazy with bribe.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by dareadewuyi: 10:24am On May 10, 2021
Gengeh!.Bi owo ti mo ni Oogun mo,the contractor was paid ridiculous amount of money, so he did a fantastic ridiculously job 1.1

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by tyav7: 10:25am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Yea, with supervising ministry in tow.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by vadeonly(m): 10:26am On May 10, 2021
sotall:
grin grin

And this man wants to be president?

grin grin
Iswear
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Mightyhaiz: 10:33am On May 10, 2021
Rods be like na 3mm.. see as them be like ropes
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Goldiness: 10:34am On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1391624514472132609

Looks like substandard materials been used. What a country!
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by bomsilaga(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

You sound like an Engineer and I beg to differ on the blame call.
The governor is not to blame.
The contractor is also not to blame.
The blame goes only to who opened the culvert for use.
And size of reinforcement doesn't always matter but distribution.
And you can't tell a cured concrete from otherwise by looking at these pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Doctor Who Just Passed Out From NYSC Dies In Accident In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.