Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) (60916 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / Petrol Tanker Explosion In Okene, Kogi State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by guywitzerogal(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2021
That bridge doesn't look completed in my own sight sha...... But if it was na bad job
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by PAWG(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1391624514472132609

More sensational news, that bridge hasn’t been completed, it hasn’t even reached 30% completion
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Blackman101: 9:29am On May 10, 2021
Naija, which way. haba see the type of iron used to construct a bridge oh

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by XTRIMIOUS: 9:30am On May 10, 2021
Alhaji yahaya Bello GCFR 2023
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by donstan18: 9:30am On May 10, 2021
sulaak:

What about the government structural engineers that reviewed the design.

They are all part of the poorly done job and should be held responsible, not the Governor.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by oyeezee(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2021
How can people be so gullible?
From the look the bridge is still under construction and only a dumb person will commission such. Also the truck that collapsed the bridge obviously is working on the site so it's work in progress. My take is that they did allow enough time for it to get strong.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Phcmayor(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2021
Not completed yet that is construction tipper

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Govocrete: 9:31am On May 10, 2021
This happen when contracts are awarded to friends and family instead of a competent contractor. Here are my observations:

1. The iron rod used are not thick enough for such a project.

2. The concrete mix ratio was not the standard mix for such a project.

If the above was done accordingly the my last observation is:

3. The contract did not allow the concrete to fully cure. Concrete curing period is 28 days, I believe it was not cure before allowing heavy traffic.

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by danngnews: 9:32am On May 10, 2021
Noerection:
Time for the children of hate to unleash their anger on Gov Yahaya Bello yet no single project from their Governors

Eiiyaa, na no-erection make u dey yan apata like this, ndo.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Goldp5988(f): 9:33am On May 10, 2021
Why them no let am dry?

Na watin him go talk be that
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 9:33am On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

And that fat dog-looking retārd wants to be president grin he has actually flagged off his campaign ...ain't Nigeria one huge cosmic joke
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2021
Everything in kogi must get k leg,kogi is the first place I bought bread,better slice big bread for 500 and they use sand make the bread,sand and stone dey I inside the bread.this was in ogaminana in 2015.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by jaxxy(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

The governor who gave an incompetent contractor should not be blamed?? No quality control monitoring by government either?? undecided
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 9:37am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

Nobody should be held responsible, then? I beg to differ. A government contractor is supervised by the ministry of works. Someone with COREN certification signed off to confirm that the construction was in conformity to standards known and established worldwide.
This sort of rubbish is common where the full approved contract amount is not made available to the contractor. No be today.
Everyone from the governor down failed.

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Dollarremix(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.
grin grin grin na Desmond Elliot cause am oooo
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Lamasta(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2021
Yahaya Bello is a fraud of a governor
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by brownbib(m): 9:38am On May 10, 2021
Fake man doing fake stuff.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.
But check it nah, nah eliot cause am nah grin grin
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by AntagonistKKK(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

Looks like Y12 to me. Its more of a bad construction and the contractor should be held responsibleness.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Adext4sure(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2021
psychologist:
Which kind of nonsense is this now?

Who uses a y12 reinforcement bar to construct a road sad

Na by force to do rigid pavement?

Everybody want to copy umahi and sanwo olu.
Person wey wan do overheard bridge.
Be calming down bro
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 9:42am On May 10, 2021
Next president
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by extol1(m): 9:42am On May 10, 2021
Noerection:
Time for the children of hate to unleash their anger on Gov Yahaya Bello yet no single project from their Governors
and what project has he commission in his 6 years in government. the construction is bad
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by 80drillz: 9:42am On May 10, 2021
Nothing good will ever come out of yahaya bello
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:42am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

It's not just the y12 bar.from the pictures, the span of the bridge looks like it's not supported by a proper column reinforcement. The laterite on top is not meant to be there if it were actually completed. Then,you can perfectly bet it's 12mm rod merely from the pictures. .and the bar spacing looks to be much.a 200mm spacing wouldn't have been bad.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Grandmeister(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2021
For a culvert that will be carrying heavy duty vehicles they should have used 20mm rods! angry
Who is even sure the concrete mix underwent a concrete cube crush test before being used.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by bigtt76(f): 9:43am On May 10, 2021
Na only 3 politicians for this country no de madt grin Look at the rod size and thickness of the concrete itself ....madt people

lalasticlala:

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by KHALIFAMAYOR(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2021
How can u run this heavy load on just a week old,bridge plzz don't let us b sentimental,,
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Grandmeister(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Those idiots used 12 men rods. Fvcking greedy bastards.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2021
See the work of the man they say should be Nigeria's next president embarassed
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by EngrChima88: 9:45am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Good analysis. You are really a fellow. Weldone Brother Engineer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by extol1(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Everything in kogi must get k leg,kogi is the first place I bought bread,better slice big bread for 500 and they use sand make the bread,sand and stone dey I inside the bread.this was in ogaminana in 2015.
lol. on behalf of kogi people, we apologise for that costly mistake.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by fuke(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

And Government Engineers who approved the work.
any case, the bulk stops on Yahaya Bellos table.
You can only delegate authority, but not responsibility.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Air Peace Staff Land In London In Ishiagu Attire, Sparking Outrage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.