Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) (60918 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / Petrol Tanker Explosion In Okene, Kogi State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:37am On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/S ;DaharaReporters/status/1391624514472132609

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by lonlytroy(m): 10:38am On May 10, 2021
And he wants to be Nigeria president. Smh
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 10:39am On May 10, 2021
See the comments on this thread.
No wonder the old ones want to die there.
Nigerian youth are scary people.
The cancel culture, the lack of positive input from the youths is truly cause for concern.

Very emotional bunch with limited intellectual abilities and a collective psychological deficiency.

Shame!

PS - I am not a Yahaya Bello fan. He is also one of the youths.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by allejo44: 10:43am On May 10, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]Hahaha
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Aforigho(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2021
na Desumond ellot na em cuse am
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Speedy001(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.
Sight you my senior engineer
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by PrinceVM(m): 10:47am On May 10, 2021
lindareep:
Ewo! shocked shocked

Meanwhile, keep your "GBOLA" hard and big without loss of sensation in the upper room kiss kiss
6k only for today. wink wink

Note: I deliver only within Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan...and Payment on delivery is allowed.
bros be clming down nw 6k 4 what?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2021
Future Presidential Aspirant..

Apshit

1 Like

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Starships4u(m): 10:51am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.
Those are 12mm by 10mm rod I'm seeing there,
And from the color I see there I might say it wasn't sharp sand that was used, and the structure wasn't made to dry and settle for a while,

I'd blame the governor unlike yhu(to an extent) cos he should have advisors who should tell him the time of completion of that project isn't enough to get him to commission cos commissioning a project means it's ready for use....
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Ikani22: 11:00am On May 10, 2021
Do you happen to have seen the contract papers? Do you have any information as to the amount budgeted in relative to actual amount doled out to the contractor? If your answer to the questions above is NO!!! Then you've no reason whatsoever being on this platform.

quote author=donstan18 post=101544253]I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.[/quote]
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Coronavirus1: 11:00am On May 10, 2021
the contractor should be made a scale goat
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by engrelvis(m): 11:02am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

lol...is it nt Y12 rods am cing so?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by officialmario(m): 11:08am On May 10, 2021
See the project of incoming president. yahaya bello for president 2099.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sulaak(m): 11:11am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

They are all part of the poorly done job and should be held responsible, not the Governor.

Who appoints the commissioners that appoint the government structure engineer?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Mozegee: 11:14am On May 10, 2021
God will never forgive any man or woman who is trying to impose Bello to be the president of this Nation. What has he done in kogi to warrant this unecessary distraction.
Duru9:
And he de mobilize for 2023 campaign

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by officialmario(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

I laugh...
see analysis of senior engineer,
he gave the project to his father -in-law, yahaya bello with drama,
i hope dino melaye is watching.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by emettang: 11:14am On May 10, 2021
contractor work based on the actual amount that entered his hand and NOT the the amount quoted on papers
I blame the governor

donstan18:

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Ten06(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2021
Lol. Look at what a man who want to become the next president of this country constructed
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by donstan18: 11:26am On May 10, 2021
sulaak:

Who appoints the commissioners that appoint the government structure engineer?
Nigerians voted for president, now that the president has failed, are Nigerians holding themselves accountable for the President’s incompetency or the President?

Instead of you to ask who appointed the commissioners that appointed the government structure Engineer, why not ask who voted the Governor that appointed the commissioners that appointed the government structure engineer? Then hold the masses responsible for voting for the Governor.

I know it’s typical for a Nigerian to attack their leaders over anything, but try learn how to hold the right people responsible for anything.

Have a nice day.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by brandsoncharlie: 11:27am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

That's a precast concrete, even a fore man knows the maximum day's for concrete to cure to get its required strength.
It is not only a shoddy job but corrupt practice.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

I think you're wrong bro. A competent Contractor who was paid well cannot do such work. The governor must have awarded it to a quack contractor hence the collapse
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by HONOR1: 11:34am On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Bros... this is Nigeria where politicians award contract and the contractor is to settle 1001 persons before commencement of the project. They will tell you that you are to manage when you are left with and if you cant do it someone else is waiting to get the job from you. I blame those Engineers for such project and sometimes the politicians are the key contractor cos most of the has there construction companies. May God heal the nation
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by SKINDOGGY: 11:38am On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.
na Desmond cause am shocked grin
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by geewean(m): 11:45am On May 10, 2021
This the governor that's shouting that he is the best candidate for the presidency come 2023.

Nigeria and unfortunate leaders are like bread and butter
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by marv1: 11:51am On May 10, 2021
Now the scarm continues.

Here is the most arrogant and selfish governor who has not done any visible and strong project.

Yahaya Bello has come to steal, kill and destroy kogi state and the legacies that the late ex Audu governor laid.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:56am On May 10, 2021
Noerection:
Time for the children of hate to unleash their anger on Gov Yahaya Bello yet no single project from their Governors

Is this a project dishonourable minister ? undecided
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by samwillyco1(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2021
What do you expect

Imagine using 12mm to construct bridge, possibly with weak concrete
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by michoim(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2021
Na bridge be this one? Nonsense
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by NwaliE01: 12:09pm On May 10, 2021
Y12 reinforcement rod for a heavy duty bridge. Nawao!!!
who do us sef?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Invitationn: 12:10pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Lol.
No be the money wey dem give engineer engineer go use grin
Bello can flex public muscles on the engineer but they both know the deal behind the scene.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by victorazy(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Am an architect, you took the words out o my mouth. Your completely correct.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Kingstanding: 12:14pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

. Nigerians with their hypocrite. You mean they should hold the contractor not the governor? But when TB Joshua building collapsed 99% of Nigerians said they should hold TB Joshua for the collapsing of the Building. Honestly the people of Sodom and Gomorah were better than 96% of Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Doctor Who Just Passed Out From NYSC Dies In Accident In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.