Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? (30574 Views)

Far From Home: Netflix Series (Drop Your Review) / Mortal Kombat (2021) Movie Mp4 Download / Download Mortal Kombat 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2021
The film make sense. I no get issue with am as far as e sweet me to watch
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by stupidmod3: 10:55am On May 13, 2021
Ray07:
South Korea movies is the best man . . . their cinematography is top notch.

Have you seen parasite, the wailing, okja, the closet, the call.

Those guys the try abeg

plzzzz watch THE NIGHT COMES FOR US, damn its fighting be like THE RAID
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by emzynuel1: 10:56am On May 13, 2021
D movie is too childish
bleeped up script compared to the other ones
I tink d op is under 18
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:56am On May 13, 2021
amstamon:

You say u neva watch movie and yet u dey criticised.
With all the long epistle wetin be your point exactly.
You no attend classes and yet you dey criticise lecturer of been wrong in his teachings.
Na wa for una o
The ones I have watched na grin
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by tobenuel(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2021
rex21:
MK 2021 was a complete disappointment and a stain on the MK franchise.
From their wack fight choreography to poor choice of characters.

1. Raiden was just looking like a dude trying very hard to look strict and hide his laughter

2. Shag tsung was looking more like a vampire.

3. Mighty liu kang was acting like a high school poet.

4. Story line was just wack too,

5. The best characters were jax, sonya blade, kano.

6 the next movie should please be made by another better director.

7. This movie only made headlines due to past glory (the old movie and the video game)

8. Lemme pause here for now to read other comments
your points 3 and 5 are so true , have you seen the animation MK scorpion's revenge?, It's quite similar with the MK 2021
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by patreecio1: 10:59am On May 13, 2021
A friend adviced I skip the movie for he always recommend movies for me to go watch...I no hear word...chai...I regret ooo...very very boring and no live action...it's too dull abeg
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 13, 2021
Just infinitesimally above average. Subzero's badassery & Kano's dialogues were the redeeming qualities which prevented it from being a total snoozefest.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by rex21: 11:00am On May 13, 2021
tobenuel:
your points 3 and 5 are so true , have you seen the animation MK scorpion's revenge?, It's quite similar with the MK 2021

Yea, similar plot/storyline
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by oluwasegun007(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2021
Poor storyline..
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by PAQ(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2021
As a big fan of the Mortal kombat franchise, i have watched all the movies but none can still be compared to the very first one.

Mortal Kombat 2021 is the second best. The fight scenes were too slow, and not properly choreographed. I have seen better from lesser known films. The cast could have been better, i prefer the first Shang Tsung to the new one, but i prefer the new scorpions character though.

Special effects are definitely better than previous versions, the story is incomplete, but that is expected because there will be sequels.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by flokii: 11:04am On May 13, 2021
They tried with the movie but the story line is different from the animated one.. a tournamemt would have made far more sense.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by LINTUNE(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2021
stupidmod3:

there's a horror movie called wrong turn its almost up to 7 abi 8 its keep getting worst
watched all bro... Same with Chucky 1_7 ...all these aforementioned movies still have good enough storylines that can make them continuous for a while..

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Pyhonist: 11:05am On May 13, 2021
At least Johnny Cage and Kano were forces to reckon with in the movie. They put up a good comedy.

Have ps3 and 1TB hard drive to sell. Check my signature.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by letitrainnow(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2021
Dear Hurting Soul, The Only Cure for the Human Condition Is Jesus.

"You cannot save yourself. Your family cannot save you, nor your friends. They will let you down. Remember that the next time you lash out. No one can fix you, and you can’t fix anyone. Only Jesus."
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Maximus85(m): 11:12am On May 13, 2021
It's trash. The most boring movie ever. Zero suspense. Trash movie. The trailer sweet pass the movie.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Blackdisciple(m): 11:12am On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I played this game in the late 90s on super Nintendo.

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Forward forward down down A was his fatality.

Only legends can relate.

Omoh your head dey there.

Scorpion leg combo
XX YXX back X

2 Likes

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by kannex: 11:16am On May 13, 2021
Op the film na rubbish the storyline was rubbish i ended up regretting that i even downloaded the movie in the first place.
Mortal kombat ware we know na fighting competition
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Johel(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:
Today, I finally got to watch the much anticipated Mortal Kombat 2021 movie. Here's what I think about this movie.

Firstly, I wonder why there has been no frontpage thread about this movie. I mean, this movie is one of the biggest things this year (at least for Mortal Kombat fans).

Now to my review.

1. I've watched the trailer many times on YouTube but it didn't really impress me. But that still didn't stop me from thinking about this movie.

2. I've watched the two previous movies that were done on Mortal Kombat. I didn't enjoy the first movie but then mortal Kombat, to me, is like pizza (or sex); even when it's bad it's still good. But the second movie (mortal Kombat annihilation) was a lot better in my opinion.

3. Before watching this 2021 mortal Kombat movie, I'd read reviews online and I was surprised to see poor reviews. Many people said the movie wasn't made for everyone, instead it was directed at fans of the MK video game.

4. Personally, I enjoyed the movie. And the part I loved most is the plot twist when Cole was fighting Sub-Zero. It was superb. Then there's Kung Lao's fatality. Liu's dragon. Kano and Sonya's feud was featured. Most importantly was how well the directors used Sub-Zero. He was in top form throughout the movie. Among many others.

5. I do feel the directors deliberately featured big names to appease the MK fans. For example, Goro wasn't necessary.

6. I also feel the directors tried to cramp too many features of the video game into the movie. Many went well but some didn't fit. For example, Reiko didn't do anything significant in the movie.

In summary.
I enjoyed the movie and believe every MK fan will. As for non MK fans, you might be disappointed.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

Its a good one...we await the next one...80%
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by LordReed(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:
Today, I finally got to watch the much anticipated Mortal Kombat 2021 movie. Here's what I think about this movie.

Firstly, I wonder why there has been no frontpage thread about this movie. I mean, this movie is one of the biggest things this year (at least for Mortal Kombat fans).

Now to my review.

1. I've watched the trailer many times on YouTube but it didn't really impress me. But that still didn't stop me from thinking about this movie.

2. I've watched the two previous movies that were done on Mortal Kombat. I didn't enjoy the first movie but then mortal Kombat, to me, is like pizza (or sex); even when it's bad it's still good. But the second movie (mortal Kombat annihilation) was a lot better in my opinion.

3. Before watching this 2021 mortal Kombat movie, I'd read reviews online and I was surprised to see poor reviews. Many people said the movie wasn't made for everyone, instead it was directed at fans of the MK video game.

4. Personally, I enjoyed the movie. And the part I loved most is the plot twist when Cole was fighting Sub-Zero. It was superb. Then there's Kung Lao's fatality. Liu's dragon. Kano and Sonya's feud was featured. Most importantly was how well the directors used Sub-Zero. He was in top form throughout the movie. Among many others.

5. I do feel the directors deliberately featured big names to appease the MK fans. For example, Goro wasn't necessary.

6. I also feel the directors tried to cramp too many features of the video game into the movie. Many went well but some didn't fit. For example, Reiko didn't do anything significant in the movie.

In summary.
I enjoyed the movie and believe every MK fan will. As for non MK fans, you might be disappointed.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

LoL! Even the Creators of Mortal Kombat hated Annihilation, you must be among the few who liked it.

3 Likes

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Lagoon0: 11:21am On May 13, 2021
SenatePresdo:
Yet to watch the movie. But the truth is that Mortal Kombat is popular because of the video game.

The movie itself is overhyped. The storyline is just average, and more like a myth or Sci-fi?

The makers had MK gaming Fans on mind before embarking on the production.

Without the gaming Fans, MK wouldn't have gotten so popular. So every feature of the game that was replicated into the Movie isn't actually a waist of idea, because the movie is primarily for the fans.
The first mortal combat fight is not overhype bro.

grin I remember enjoying tho fight with the beat

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Nato008(m): 11:21am On May 13, 2021
pafo:

"Come over here" you mean?
It is get over here that is mainly used by scorpion.....
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by pquaver(m): 11:21am On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Only legends can relate.

XCABCZZXABCZZ Noob saibot Brutality... Those days

2 Likes

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Angrygoat: 11:22am On May 13, 2021
Bro not many ppl had it. Then visual betting never dey,na game arcade things. 100 card for 20mins.
FalseProphet1:

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Only legends can relate.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by rollyjay85(m): 11:23am On May 13, 2021
Please someone should help me with d link
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Samiah33(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2021
SirWarlock:
or how in the beginning they kept switching from Japanese to Chinese .
Bi han ( Sub- Zero) is Chinese of the Lin Kue clan, while Hanzo ( Scorpion) is Japanese of the Shira Ryu clan
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 3verblazing(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2021
Best part of the movie was the opening scene... then the ending part ..were scorpion said "get over here" the only English phrase he could learn from the underworld ..funny... aside that, fight sequence wasn't too impressive
Oh! Sonya's and Kung lau fatality were also on point...
Looking forward to sequels of MK in the near feature ..to correct the lapses in this one...
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by kingbobby: 11:27am On May 13, 2021
Make mortal combat get seasonal movie na e go make sense well

4 Likes

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by stupidmod3: 11:31am On May 13, 2021
the lenovo is 4gig ram with 1terabit hard drive for 80k naira

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 3verblazing(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2021
PAQ:
As a big fan of the Mortal kombat franchise, i have watched all the movies but none can still be compared to the very first one.

Mortal Kombat 2021 is the second best. The fight scenes were too slow, and not properly choreographed. I have seen better from lesser known films. The cast could have been better, i prefer the first Shang Tsung to the new one, but i prefer the new scorpions character though.

Special effects are definitely better than previous versions, the story is incomplete, but that is expected because there will be sequels.
exactly, thought I was the only one .. fighting was too slow... and the priming to some of the fatalities were just not it ... killing the climax viewers are supposed to get... too much room for improvement.... twas as if after the opening scene the director went on sabbatical leaving the rest for his intern

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by georgee(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2021
The most useless 2021 movie after Coming 2 America

I am a big fan of Mortal Kombat, but this one is the most senseless after the first movie

Mortal Kombat Annihilation was better than this Crap.

If you want to enjoy better Mortal Kombat, please go and watch Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Animation and thank me later)

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 3verblazing(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2021
szen:
Did anyone notice how Scorpion understood and spoke only Japanese, but then managed to blurt out that famous line “GET OVER HERE!” in English? grin

Overall, fun movie. I particularly enjoyed the combat scenes between Subzero and Scorpion. Story line could have been better though. Looking forward to a sequel
lol that was actually funny... but in the director's defense.. he would say scorpion actually said those words in Japanese.. but had to be translated for the Mk fans to get the video game feel
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by georgee(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pete Edochie, Chiwetalu Agu, Others Feature In The Rising Sun / Sandra And Theo Thaw (Santheo) Evicted From Big Brother Titans House (Photo) / BBNaija: Chizzy Tired Of Dancing, Eloswag, Chomzy Caught Doing Dirty Dancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.