Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. (28684 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially / Help!!! My New Environment Is Draining Me "FINANCIALLY" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Seniorwriter(m): 8:55am On May 13, 2021
You @OP know your problem or challenges so work out a solution!

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:56am On May 13, 2021
Experiencing same shit in my area too.....i can't even walk the street to the main junction...i have to enter keke napep or bike from the front of my gate. Even those who have small handwork for the street will cum and meet you and be begging money.......there is garage in the main junction full of thugs begging money from any body that passby, some even carry bike enter streets and stop people on the way to beg for money. The thing don too much nowadays.... Hunger dey this country aswear.

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by ArchyDesmond(m): 8:56am On May 13, 2021
cheesy
This is obviously Ijebu ode

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Offpoint1: 8:56am On May 13, 2021
Typing

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by NoToPile: 8:57am On May 13, 2021
grin grin what part of Ijebuode do you live? If its those agbole side then don't complain. If everyone is begging you for money because you dressed nicely you are on the wrong side of the town.

Generally Ijebuode is a baba jeje side, no gragra, you shouldn't be expecting too much, its even a big town, if you go to the smaller Ijebu villages you will open book of lamentatioms

When I go home at least there's the quiet and peace away from LAGOS wahala.

Enjoy your stay and eat plenty ikokore

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Rosarie10: 8:57am On May 13, 2021
My brother I can relate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by dederocs(m): 9:00am On May 13, 2021
Leave there.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 13, 2021
Odiegwu.

Lol.

Call your sugar mummy, she may invite you to US.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by bluefilm: 9:01am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:
I moved from Abuja to a popular local town in ogun, I don't want to mention the name, in order to pursue my music career.

First of all let me explain something, sometimes as human beings to keep the spirit healthy you need people superior to you or people of higher value to draw energy from or to draw inspiration or an environment that excite and brings live to you or make you alive.

Now that's the problem am facing currently, there are no too many well to do young people in my environment, I can decide to stroll from one street to another and like 10 people would have begged me for money, I went to chicken & co ( it's a fast food outlet like kfc or chicken republic) and I was stopped and harassed by police just because I bought food at a fast food joint. They were asking me what I do for a living. What saved me that day was that I was dressed in some faded clothes, i can't dress nicely because everyone will start hailing and begging me for money and as an introvert I hate unnecessary attention, the ones that don't beg for money will try and engage one in some meaningless side talks that will lower your I.Q.

The ones that are okay are Yahoo boys and I can't relate with them. It's really getting depressing, I can't remember when last have had a highly intellectual conversation. Everyone just seems so rigid and unexposed and it's tiring. I am not really sound and exposed myself now imagine people reducing the little I.Q I have. It's so depressing.

Naturally you Will expect me to move from there but the nearest place is Lagos which will have to be on island because I hate noisy environment and you know how expensive that will be. Am so tired and fed up

Is it a must that you must realize your music career in Ogun?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by thatthickgurl(f): 9:02am On May 13, 2021
Movwe to Ring road or Oluyole in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Odingo1: 9:02am On May 13, 2021
Interior SW is sparsely developed.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Frales6(f): 9:03am On May 13, 2021
Relocate na...dem bury your placenta there?

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Zizicomm: 9:03am On May 13, 2021
Come to IB. Explore the weekend and search for like minds (I can put you through on that though) then see if its easy to shuffle both cities. You can just stay in that city alone dey try travel purposefully.
I pray the plugs connect the right socket.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by nehemiah111: 9:04am On May 13, 2021
I believe there is always a reason for everything so my brother the best you can do is to change your environment if that place is already choking you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:04am On May 13, 2021
pocohantas:
Apart from Lagos, other SW states (and their capitals) are very slow-paced. You go there for ease of life, not to meet Einsteins on the street. So I wouldn’t know what you were thinking when you relocated to one. Except of course you are working or in school, what did you think was your chances of having stimulating discussions with random locals?

Please enjoy your “IJ” abode.
Nice analysis.

Some people who think they are intelligent actually aren't, like the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by muyiserra1(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2021
Dude I feel your pain, i return to the country and i live in Ado ekiti as i farm cocoa and honestly its sickening. every person wants money or wants u to improve their life.
you cant have a decent conversation with anyone in the whole state.... man its annoying.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Funminded: 9:05am On May 13, 2021
Zizicomm:
Come to IB. Explore the weekend and search for like minds (I can put you through on that though) then see if its easy to shuffle both cities. You can just stay in that city alone dey try travel purposefully.
I pray the plugs connect the right socket.

Since I arrived IB, I de bored o. Shey you go help my life?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Wolfeye: 9:06am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:
I moved from Abuja to a popular local town in ogun, I don't want to mention the name, in order to pursue my music career.

First of all let me explain something, sometimes as human beings to keep the spirit healthy you need people superior to you or people of higher value to draw energy from or to draw inspiration or an environment that excite and brings live to you or make you alive.

Now that's the problem am facing currently, there are no too many well to do young people in my environment, I can decide to stroll from one street to another and like 10 people would have begged me for money, I went to chicken & co ( it's a fast food outlet like kfc or chicken republic) and I was stopped and harassed by police just because I bought food at a fast food joint. They were asking me what I do for a living. What saved me that day was that I was dressed in some faded clothes, i can't dress nicely because everyone will start hailing and begging me for money and as an introvert I hate unnecessary attention, the ones that don't beg for money will try and engage one in some meaningless side talks that will lower your I.Q.

The ones that are okay are Yahoo boys and I can't relate with them. It's really getting depressing, I can't remember when last have had a highly intellectual conversation. Everyone just seems so rigid and unexposed and it's tiring. I am not really sound and exposed myself now imagine people reducing the little I.Q I have. It's so depressing.

Naturally you Will expect me to move from there but the nearest place is Lagos which will have to be on island because I hate noisy environment and you know how expensive that will be. Am so tired and fed up

You left Abuja to TO A PLACE THAT IS NOT LAGOS to pursue a career?
Move out of that area FAST.
You must not be on the island to find a cool place in Lagos.
Gbagada, Anthony, Isolo, ikeja, oko-oba etc are cool enough places.
Island isn’t bad...but a bad financial advice for now....you’re not missing out on nothing by staying anywhere else in Lagos...FOR REAL.

Whatever you can’t do for yourself in a decent environment will not suddenly happen because you’re on the island.

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by boohari: 9:06am On May 13, 2021
Ogun is not bad at all as painted. Serenity is in the capital city. You can give me a dm. There are lot of intelligent and well to do people here. Ogun capital city is like a hub for who is who so you have to understand the environment and get along the real social class and go to right places.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by TempUser: 9:07am On May 13, 2021
@op has a personality disorder.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Ogilinsaka: 9:07am On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:
It reminds me of my service year. That year was the most miserable year of my short life as, like you I'm an introvert and I couldn't relate with the locals as they were housewives and cocoa farmers who barely spoke English. Other corp members were a bit of a distance from the village where I resided so I was always alone, battling goats and talking aloud to myself. In that village I realized why goats are called 'stubborn', was toasted by almost every walking male, and of course, for the first time discovered it would be very easy to have multiple boyfriends. I however did not choose that kind of dirty life so I endured intense loneliness.

You have to change your environment because you will be miserable. Don't bother looking for who you can relate with, just change your environment. Change it!!! I speak from experience. Change it!!! I cannot speak English too much. CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!

Your epistles are always boring..

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Kosoco(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

Ijebu Ode that year. Heard they HV improve
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Adakintroy: 9:09am On May 13, 2021
Ogbeni go sidon you were never a artist. A true artist will paint a picture out of any reality.

It's an preexsting gift of some sought. Any environment enhance it. It can't take from it.

Some of the great comedic artist came fromthe ghetto were there were no i.q as you posited. But they present a grim picture of it yet so humorously of the environment that people could not help but laugh. Bring out their had earn money while at it.

Think of igo die, basket mouth, daddy shokky. Where the i.q in there environments?

You were not a artist the gift no de in you. I repeat. You are looking for some one or group to take the fall for you.

Share up. It happens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Guru9ja(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2021
Osogbo is the best for me.
Its quite,steady light ,and its assure promising future for youth like me.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Bahun(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Omihanifa:
Everyone knows you are talking about ijebu ode grin
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Eze2000(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2021
alpharoyalty:
There are places that are not noisy in Lagos, it also depends on the house you live in. Look for a good area in Lagos and move to save yourself from unnecessary stress. Life is too short. Lagos is okay.

Pls name me a few of these places I'm interested. So tired of the chaos in my part of Lagos. I wanna move desperately
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by JeffSiberstein: 9:12am On May 13, 2021
Move to Abraka, Delta State. University environment, rich teenagers, nobody will beg you for money and you can engage in intellectual arguments. Your I.Q will improve because when you see your age mates building their own houses you will hustle harder.

8 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Komu1048(m): 9:13am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

Maybe you are not in for Afrobeat, if not the bolded is a criteria to blow
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by iamclime(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2021
It begins with you, bro. I wonder why no one is telling you that. There are intelligent and amiable people EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere! It just depends on how you view yourself and others. Open your mind and see the beauty of the human race, irrespective of where/who/what you are. Change your mindset, and you will gradually begin to see the uniqueness and beauty in every human.
As a creative, that's where your muse may even lie!
Even if you change location a gazillion times, and you don't change your opinion of people around you in general...well you know the rest.
Nobody is better than anybody, we just have better opportunities or more favorable circumstances in life

The likes of Olamide, Wizkid, Dagrin, etc got inspiration from the hood, the common people, not from the Einsteins, Newtons, or Avogadros!

Peace, bro!

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples / My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.