Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. (28703 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially / Help!!! My New Environment Is Draining Me "FINANCIALLY" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Blackdeewhy(m): 10:03am On May 13, 2021
Try IBADAN. You have all classes there. And you can get a two bed tiles, running water and serene environment for like 150-200k. Food and transportation is affordable. And people of all class and areas of life live there.
Try IBADAN!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by RSVP: 10:04am On May 13, 2021
Cryptodegen:

If you think you are better than everyone else in that community then you have a low IQ. you said you are an introvert and that may be the problem and not the environment

That's actually the problem.
Introvert always thought they're better than half of the world because they overthink way too much.
If they engage you in a discussion and you fail to say things the way they process it in their mind then they will consider you as unintelligent. Lol
Na so e deh do us but I've began to accept people the way they are. Maybe nah we get fault not them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by saxietohgbaskie(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2021
What kinda music do you do ? Is it JUJU music it hip hop?
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Silentgroper(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2021
Weneda:
This ur story is funny sha. Some places are like that, just ignore them or leave that place before u start having that mindset. But i will advice to change environment. Places like Ogbomosho, Enugu, Awka ifite( school environment) etc. needs to be explored
Lol.. Ogbomosho is worst.. Take it from me.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by AgentGoat: 10:13am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

See as u mention the money like say na small change, its not as if I can't afford it but then I will have to empty all the little savings I get and before I know it 1 year don pass and am left with nothing, if things don't work as planned in lagos

You are an upcoming artist and you hate yahoo guys? lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Plebian(f): 10:14am On May 13, 2021
My dear even on the island you'll only met crass people who would want to drain you. They have zero intellectual values all they understand is fraud and drugs. This epidemic is everywhere. The reason why I stay on my own in my freaking lane.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by AuroraBrls: 10:17am On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
What made you settle for Ogun of all places in the first place?

Anyways there are nice and affordable places in Lagos on the mainland that are equally cool like the island. If you're interested you can get a cool selfcon for 400k to 650k. The place is very central and exposed. You'll love it!

And you think a cool selcon for 400k or 650k is cool. How much is a plot of land in Ibeju Lekki or Ikorodu?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Bosstrendsng(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Ok

You sef tire for the guy.

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Xtabellah(f): 10:29am On May 13, 2021
I think you should move to sagamu, it's an industrial area, so elites would be much there
Akure is also a great option, I would have said Ibadan, but considering the fact you don't like noise, you might rent a space in the GRA sha..
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Kennytorio1: 10:33am On May 13, 2021
Ogba axis is very okay in Lagos..or better still try to go to the viewing center, bar or lounge over there, you can see some reasonable people over there... choose to be free to be people around you regardless of their situation and see if you can get some reasonable guys..good luck bro

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by pocohantas(f): 10:35am On May 13, 2021
Plebian:
My dear even on the island you'll only met crass people who would want to drain you. They have zero intellectual values all they understand is fraud and drugs. This epidemic is everywhere. The reason why I stay on my own in my freaking lane.

80% of them are like that. Always claiming to have some imaginary job. I don’t befriend them- male and female.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by IGBOSON1: 10:35am On May 13, 2021
Weneda:
This ur story is funny sha. Some places are like that, just ignore them or leave that place before u start having that mindset. But i will advice to change environment. Places like Ogbomosho, Enugu, Awka ifite( school environment) etc. needs to be explored

It's hard to escape what he complains of.....no matter which city you relocate to! Unless you are rich or upper-class enough to insulate yourself from all the manifestation of the rot in Nigeria by living in an exclusive and walled-off residential estate!

Nigeria is suffering from the twin evils of lack/poor education (from primary to university levels) and unemployment! These are exacerbated and made intractable and unmanageable by the other problem of over-population! Our problems are legion! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 13, 2021
Bosstrendsng:

You sef tire for the guy.

Abi nau. grin
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Coldie(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2021
You see all cities in Nigeria na ogun u go?

pH or owerri or Asaba would have been better
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Josywhyte: 10:39am On May 13, 2021
Come to ph and u will see the type of people u crave for

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by TheRollingStone: 10:45am On May 13, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Experiencing same shit in my area too.....i can't even walk the street to the main junction...i have to enter keke napep or bike from the front of my gate. Even those who have small handwork for the street will cum and meet you and be begging money.......there is garage in the main junction full of thugs begging money from any body that passby, some even carry bike enter streets and stop people on the way to beg for money. The thing don too much nowadays.... Hunger dey this country aswear.
You’re somewhere in kwara?
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by AuroraB(f): 10:52am On May 13, 2021
Omihanifa:
Everyone knows you are talking about ijebu ode grin
I was thinking Sango-Otta shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2021
Guy jus move
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Rushna27(f): 10:56am On May 13, 2021
Bro, you ought to know dats d pple way of life and u can't change dat fact.. u shud ave checked d environment well before moving dia and dia are oda places u cud actually still reside..... so it's either u accept dia way or u try to make impact on dem and dia community or better still u relocate from dia........ the choice is urs..... think of where suits ur taste and lifestyle den work towards moving Dia........

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by PHIPEX(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:
I moved from Abuja to a popular local town in ogun, I don't want to mention the name, in order to pursue my music career.

First of all let me explain something, sometimes as human beings to keep the spirit healthy you need people superior to you or people of higher value to draw energy from or to draw inspiration or an environment that excite and brings live to you or make you alive.

Now that's the problem am facing currently, there are no too many well to do young people in my environment, I can decide to stroll from one street to another and like 10 people would have begged me for money, I went to chicken & co ( it's a fast food outlet like kfc or chicken republic) and I was stopped and harassed by police just because I bought food at a fast food joint. They were asking me what I do for a living. What saved me that day was that I was dressed in some faded clothes, i can't dress nicely because everyone will start hailing and begging me for money and as an introvert I hate unnecessary attention, the ones that don't beg for money will try and engage one in some meaningless side talks that will lower your I.Q.

The ones that are okay are Yahoo boys and I can't relate with them. It's really getting depressing, I can't remember when last have had a highly intellectual conversation. Everyone just seems so rigid and unexposed and it's tiring. I am not really sound and exposed myself now imagine people reducing the little I.Q I have. It's so depressing.

Naturally you Will expect me to move from there but the nearest place is Lagos which will have to be on island because I hate noisy environment and you know how expensive that will be. Am so tired and fed up
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by beejay501: 10:58am On May 13, 2021
Josywhyte:
Come to ph and u will see the type of people u crave for

But they go first collect the guy like 7 times
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by PHIPEX(m): 10:59am On May 13, 2021
Richy4:
Those people will be the ones to buy your music some day....Because the high class ones with 1000000% IQ will think that what you were singing was noise and a waste of their time....

I do not believe that in a community, all of them were as bad as you mentioned. have you seen a Rose flower before? the body part is surrounded with thorns..Infact it looks ugly... but the great thing is that rose emerged from it...

So look for that Rose boy or girl that you can relate with in everything within that Community...The way you put it, it might be difficult but they are there...And as for those boys you think knows nothing, they will come handy someday....You will need them... and you will be surprised based on what they know and how they will help....When you remove the "Johnny just come from oversea" spectacle you are wearing now and see them for real, you might be surprised...

This might be good for motivation but it ends up lowering his standard and IQ. I have been in this situation before and though there might be good people around but their "goodness" does not help in healthy and quality conversation. It's safer for him to relocate and relate with like minds else he will become more introverted and lonely or at worst become one of them, few years down the line he will realise he became worse off. Remaining there also exposes him to security issue because he stands out of the crowd and everyone will have an eye on him.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by ikay00406(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Anyways there are nice and affordable places in Lagos on the mainland that are equally cool like the island. If you're interested you can get a cool selfcon for 400k to 650k. The place is very central and exposed. You'll love it!

Which area?
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Funminded: 11:05am On May 13, 2021
Zizicomm:

What do you do sir/ma?

Ah... What has this got to do with your helping my boredom?

Anyway, I work in the health sector.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by andyblinks05: 11:06am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:
I moved from Abuja to a popular local town in ogun, I don't want to mention the name, in order to pursue my music career.

First of all let me explain something, sometimes as human beings to keep the spirit healthy you need people superior to you or people of higher value to draw energy from or to draw inspiration or an environment that excite and brings live to you or make you alive.

Now that's the problem am facing currently, there are no too many well to do young people in my environment, I can decide to stroll from one street to another and like 10 people would have begged me for money, I went to chicken & co ( it's a fast food outlet like kfc or chicken republic) and I was stopped and harassed by police just because I bought food at a fast food joint. They were asking me what I do for a living. What saved me that day was that I was dressed in some faded clothes, i can't dress nicely because everyone will start hailing and begging me for money and as an introvert I hate unnecessary attention, the ones that don't beg for money will try and engage one in some meaningless side talks that will lower your I.Q.

The ones that are okay are Yahoo boys and I can't relate with them. It's really getting depressing, I can't remember when last have had a highly intellectual conversation. Everyone just seems so rigid and unexposed and it's tiring. I am not really sound and exposed myself now imagine people reducing the little I.Q I have. It's so depressing.

Naturally you Will expect me to move from there but the nearest place is Lagos which will have to be on island because I hate noisy environment and you know how expensive that will be. Am so tired and fed up
Its not necessarily all about the environment bro,, I am an introvert too and all you faced is similar to what I face reason is becos we introvert read alot of books and this makes our IQ way above others and engaging in small talks will drain us out. What I will advise you is that you should choose an intellectual place that you can be hanging out regularly like a gym, expensive resort, conferences where you will likely meet like-minded people.
Btw I would like to hear your songs.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Oracleforce: 11:08am On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:
It reminds me of my service year. That year was the most miserable year of my short life as, like you, I'm an introvert and I couldn't relate with the locals as they were housewives and cocoa farmers who barely spoke English. Other corp members were a bit of a distance from the village where I resided so I was always alone, battling goats and talking aloud to myself. In that village I realized why goats are called 'stubborn', was toasted by almost every walking male, and of course, for the first time discovered it would be very easy to have multiple boyfriends. I however did not choose that kind of dirty life so I endured intense loneliness.

You have to change your environment because you will be miserable. Don't bother looking for who you can relate with, just change your environment. Change it!!! I speak from experience. Change it!!! I cannot speak English too much. CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!

I hate anything called change because of Buhari....pls use another word or else.....
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Joel3(m): 11:10am On May 13, 2021
Move to edo. The only problem there is electricity.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by MummyD2020(f): 11:10am On May 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Do we have a calm place in Lagos? Aside those high brow places? I live i. Lagos though
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by seyz91(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2021
cheesy
Omihanifa:
Everyone knows you are talking about ijebu ode grin
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by seyz91(m): 11:16am On May 13, 2021
tell me where there are no Gee Boys

undecided
Iamdbull:

Really, but I heard it's full of gee boys
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by seyz91(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2021
cheesy
pocohantas:
Apart from Lagos, other SW states (and their capitals) are very slow-paced. You go there for ease of life, not to meet Einsteins on the street. So I wouldn’t know what you were thinking when you relocated to one. Except of course you are working or in school, what did you think was your chances of having stimulating discussions with random locals?

Please enjoy your “IJ” abode.

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by VTJN(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

Ogun state is not that bad completely though depends on the location

I reside around Agbara environ, a store throw from Lagos

It's a cool place with adequate power supply

It's an industrial area, you get to find the good and bad once

Personally i did isolate myself due to my kind of person (introverted?)

Nonetheless, i still have one or two peeps that reason alike!

Those attributes you made mentioned exhibited by the inhabitants in your area isn't present here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples / Help! This Boy Is Missing / Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.