Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? (6917 Views)

Shocker: Onitsha In 1950 Is More Decent Than Ibadan Of 2023!!! / South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by OduduwaR: 11:15pm On May 16, 2021
pongwa:
kudos to you as I have seen that you are civil enough but you see ehn, that dindinrin syndrome is still evident. Check the bolded and tell me how Osogbo beats the two cities mentioned in terms of infrastructures. You see Glasgow is different from Nigeria style so you should be careful when comparing. Osogbo doesn't even have lands like that. They have good road and electricity only which is present in the other cities

Don’t give me kudos, I just don’t have your time. If I did, I would’ve smashed your skull all over the thread. You can’t be uncouth and expect civility. But then again, you’re an educated illiterate whose brain has limited functionality.

Nigerian style isn’t different from Glasgow. How development index in cities is measured, is universal.

The two most important factors in measuring development index in cities are: quality of life and infrastructures. I should’ve included HDI (human development index) but it’s not important here.

And by merely looking at the videos I saw and even based on what Osogbo haters posted: Osogbo is more developed than both based on the two important factors in measuring development index.

The size of the city is irrelevant here. What’s attainable and how it supports those living there, is the most important thing.

This is free education for you and you ought to be thankful.
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by pongwa(m): 11:17pm On May 16, 2021
OduduwaR:

Don’t give me kudos, I just don’t have your time. If I did, I would’ve smashed your skull all over the thread. You can’t be uncouth and expect civility. But then again, you’re an educated illiterate whose brain has limited functionality.

Nigerian style isn’t different from Glasgow. How development index in cities is measured, is universal.

The two most important factors in measuring development index in cities are: quality of life and infrastructures. I should’ve included HDI (human development index) but it’s not important here.

And by merely looking at the videos I saw and even based on what Osogbo haters posted: Osogbo is more developed than both based on the two important factors in measuring development index.

The size of the city is irrelevant here. What’s attainable and how it supports those living there, is the most important thing.

This is free education for you and you ought to be thankful.

you can try harder to impress but it shows my assertion to be true the more. I give up on you
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by OduduwaR: 11:26pm On May 16, 2021
pongwa:
you can try harder to impress but it shows my assertion to be true the more. I give up on you

Comical. I think you’re averse to superior logic/education and exposure at international level.

I don’t blame you, most of you are local champions and it’s evident in the backward logic prevalent on here.

Next time, always remember that when it comes to development in cities/towns: quality of life and infrastructures are the most important factors. Size and big structures are irrelevant.

And when it comes to development in countries, HDI has to be included with the other two factors listed above.

Free education for you.
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by pongwa(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2021
OduduwaR:

[s]Comical. I think you’re averse to superior logic/education and exposure at international level.

I don’t blame you, most of you are local champions and it’s evident in the backward logic prevalent on here.

Next time, always remember that when it comes to development in cities/towns: quality of life and infrastructures are the most important factors. Size and big structures are irrelevant.

And when it comes to development in countries, HDI has to be included with the other two factors listed above.

Free education for you.[/s]
Lemme come down to your level since you do not clearly understand, even with your supposed international experience, the context with which I used "buildings" in my earlier submission. I gave an example of CBN building which is obviously an infrastructure as you have repeatedly stressed in your write ups. You seem to be like a computer (garbage in garbage out). You can churn out data but you need to be trained to be able to analyse data.
Piece of advice, before you make an assertion, always state your position clearly by stating the evidences (you did this only after I attacked you).
I have lived in these cities and I know for a fact that Osogbo is not as developed as Abeokuta and Ibadan based on Infrastructures and standard of living. Can we start now?
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by pongwa(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2021
Cashsteady:
Lol.. some bastards will just come online and start saying rubbish. Have you been to abeokuta? You will just search pictures online and start assuming that' abeokuta is trashel.. osogbo is still a village compared to abeokuta, abeokuta and ibadan are far more developed than osogbo. Thou osogbo too is developing and has good roads
you no get chill walahi
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by OduduwaR: 12:18pm On May 17, 2021
pongwa:

Lemme come down to your level since you do not clearly understand, even with your supposed international experience, the context with which I used "buildings" in my earlier submission. I gave an example of CBN building which is obviously an infrastructure as you have repeatedly stressed in your write ups. You seem to be like a computer (garbage in garbage out). You can churn out data but you need to be trained to be able to analyse data.
Piece of advice, before you make an assertion, always state your position clearly by stating the evidences (you did this only after I attacked you).
I have lived in these cities and I know for a fact that Osogbo is not as developed as Abeokuta and Ibadan based on Infrastructures and standard of living. Can we start now?

CBN building isn't an infrastructure. It's actually useless in the scheme of things and it's just an edifice. Commercial banks are more useful than a CBN building.

With my level of education, experience and exposure; I don't need to be in a place physically to see how developed it's. Videos are enough because there are certain things to look out for to ascertain development.

Now, I decided to look up real data about Osun and interestingly I found the following

a. Poverty headcount rate in Nigeria as of 2019, by state: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1121438/poverty-headcount-rate-in-nigeria-by-state/

b. Literacy rate by state in Nigeria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_literacy_rate (don't really use wikipedia but that's the only web link I can find).

Based on the data above, Osun trumps both Oyo and Ogun in quality of life and HDI.

I think the problem with a lot of you is that you think development is about big buildings and a few rich men in the midst of squalor. That's why most of Nigeria is a glorified slum with big houses and untarred roads everywhere. Nah, that isn't how development is measured.
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by pongwa(m): 9:48pm On May 17, 2021
OduduwaR:

CBN building isn't an infrastructure. It's actually useless in the scheme of things and it's just an edifice. Commercial banks are more useful than a CBN building.

With my level of education, experience and exposure; I don't need to be in a place physically to see how developed it's. Videos are enough because there are certain things to look out for to ascertain development.

Now, I decided to look up real data about Osun and interestingly I found the following

a. Poverty headcount rate in Nigeria as of 2019, by state: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1121438/poverty-headcount-rate-in-nigeria-by-state/

b. Literacy rate by state in Nigeria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_literacy_rate (don't really use wikipedia but that's the only web link I can find).

Based on the data above, Osun trumps both Oyo and Ogun in quality of life and HDI.

I think the problem with a lot of you is that you think development is about big buildings and a few rich men in the midst of squalor. That's why most of Nigeria is a glorified slum with big houses and untarred roads everywhere. Nah, that isn't how development is measured.
If you relied on just the videos you see or saw then you just might be wrong about the whole thing. For a fact, Abeokuta has good roads too depending on where I choose to show you.
Moreover, infrastructure is infrastructure, although CBN building might not be useful in the scheme of things. It is one of the paramount infrastructures government put up in all State Capitals in the country. The roads are good but what if I tell you there are better roads in Abeokuta (govt house, Sapon etc). In Oyo, we have equally good roads around Agodi, Challenge, GRA.
If Banks are infrastructures that is relevant, then Oyo and Abeokuta has more so I propose you do a better studies. Since you are not around, I suggest you do a Geospatial analysis as this can be performed anywhere in the world.
Although, I am not taking anything away from the giant strides of ex-governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (now minister of Interior). He built some really good roads in Osogbo, the part of which you saw that interest you. The electricity is superb as they have their independent station.
On literacy rate in Nigeria, South west can not carry last because they have quite a number of people in the Academic community.
Lastly, on poverty rate, you should also consider the relative sizes of these states (I'm too lazy to do my research). Osogbo is small in area when compared to Ibadan (biggest in South west) and Abeokuta. I think these are factors to be considered too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by OduduwaR: 5:03pm On May 18, 2021
pongwa:
If you relied on just the videos you see or saw then you just might be wrong about the whole thing. For a fact, Abeokuta has good roads too depending on where I choose to show you.
Moreover, infrastructure is infrastructure, although CBN building might not be useful in the scheme of things. It is one of the paramount infrastructures government put up in all State Capitals in the country. The roads are good but what if I tell you there are better roads in Abeokuta (govt house, Sapon etc). In Oyo, we have equally good roads around Agodi, Challenge, GRA.
If Banks are infrastructures that is relevant, then Oyo and Abeokuta has more so I propose you do a better studies. Since you are not around, I suggest you do a Geospatial analysis as this can be performed anywhere in the world.
Although, I am not taking anything away from the giant strides of ex-governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (now minister of Interior). He built some really good roads in Osogbo, the part of which you saw that interest you. The electricity is superb as they have their independent station.
On literacy rate in Nigeria, South west can not carry last because they have quite a number of people in the Academic community.
Lastly, on poverty rate, you should also consider the relative sizes of these states (I'm too lazy to do my research). Osogbo is small in area when compared to Ibadan (biggest in South west) and Abeokuta. I think these are factors to be considered too.

The premise of your argument is based solely on size, population and edifice. However, that isn’t how development index is measured.

Okay, let’s agree that Osogbo is small hence it looks aesthetically better than Ibadan and Abeokuta overall. But Osun also gets smaller allocation from the FG and its IGR is lower than Oyo and Ogun. Once you put that into consideration, the other two states have no excuses whatsoever. And they’re victims of successive incompetent leaders.

What we highlighted on this thread that shows Osogbo is more developed:

A. Better infrastructures.
B. Stable electricity
C. Higher literacy rate.
D. Lower poverty rate.
E. More modern

All these show that the quality of life is better in Osogbo than Ibadan and Abeokuta. Talking about edifice and size won’t change that reality. The focus should be on the incompetence of successive governors that have ruled both Oyo and Ogun.
Re: Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? by meccuno: 5:16pm On May 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Abeokuta and Ibadan have thousands of Igbos living there. Some have never been to the south east sef. There are more Igbos in Abeokuta and Ibadan than we have Igbos in oshogbo.

The Igbo population in Abeokuta and Ibadan is more than the Yoruba population in the 5 south eastern state.

Have you been to the east before? Where did you get this myopic and ridiculous stats from? I am tempted to call you a sophisticated slowpoke but I won't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dave Umahi Celebrates President Buhari At 79 / Who Is Harcourt To Own Port Harcourt? / Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.