Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? (39956 Views)

Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone / Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by Nato008(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2021
Mandesz:
does that warrant u to label buyers idiots?
Oga where did u see me label anyone as an idiot......sabi u will not differentiate each moniker from the other....u want to drag me this morning
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by Mandesz(m): 8:26am On May 16, 2021
Nato008:

Oga where did u see me label anyone as an idiot......sabi u will not differentiate each moniker from the other....u want to drag me this morning
what's your problem? The person's comment I quoted labelled any buyer at 2k as idiots. Don't u read b4 jumping to quote?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by SmartMen: 8:26am On May 16, 2021
lettalktrue:
Recently, a friend of mine lost his phone and all his effort to retrieve the lost simcard prove abortive.
He decided to buy a new one, but unfortunately he couldn't registered for any, as the price of the new simpack is way beyond his expectation.
He was informed that a new MTN simcard is #1500, Glo and other services provided are 2000 and above. Has anyone bought a new simcard recently? share us the cost of new simcards in your area.
during the ban, I bought registered sim for 3k and almost bought another one for 5k when the ban was called off.

My reason for buying such seem is due to means to Isolate myself from people.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by seunny4lif(m): 8:27am On May 16, 2021
Na woah
The same SIM card Glo was begging us to buy then grin grin
My mum brought her SIM and phone for over #30K while me get the same SIM and Nokia 3 years for just 1200# grin grin
2 years later SIM was free grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by kannex: 8:30am On May 16, 2021
I understand that most people change their sim card every three month because of the 3 month bonus that comes with it especially the three month double data bonus after 3 month just imagine you subscribing to a 1k plan and you are giving 3gb and 2 gb for youtube night plan that is wonderful.
But what i dont understand is that why cant all the internet service provider make 1k for 3gb be the standard in this country, instead of making people to buy new sim card every three month. well me i get more than 20 airtel sim for my house the thing is that i dont really love to buy sim every three month is it just that the bonus package that comes with it na die. Let all these telecommunication companies make 1k for 3gb be the industrial standard then i believe people will stop to buy sim every 3 month.
See me now i no fit sub because my 3 month double data don expire, i dey only do night plan, na only when dem start to sell sim 200 na that time i go sub for now i still they rock internet with free operamin 50 mb if i wan download i go do night plan but if i wan check nairaland and other that operamini surr pass.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 8:40am On May 16, 2021
Kobicove:

There was a time when people bought SIM cards at over 30K undecided
that was then.it is even above 30 sef
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 8:43am On May 16, 2021
Mandesz:

Poverty is ravaging your life. What about people who bought above #30,000 some yrs back. Hello Mr senseless!
Ur father's senseless.So if I bought SIM card 15 yrs back @30k,I should part with 2k again and help MTN to recoup the money NCC bill them abi? Dumb

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 8:44am On May 16, 2021
lettalktrue:
all other services provided also charge exorbitant price.
why won't dey charge bus anyhow Wen dey knw we dnt have responsible pipu in authority to challenge bdem
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by kannex: 8:46am On May 16, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

You're worse than a highway robber. You deserve to be locked up. You're a hardened criminal.

Oga calm down if all those telecommunication company make data cheaper dont you think people will stop buying sim every three month, before you accuse me of been an harden ciminal ask yourself if data is cheap will people buy sim every 3 month. Oga think agaim before you talk

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by smasher1(m): 8:46am On May 16, 2021
LMS1:
Since the Ban was lifted I haven't come across any new Sim seller yet.
all the people I am seeing here are selling it for 1k and 1500 highest.
wereas new Sim card those days were only N200.

but my friend told me these new sim cards are Tokumbo Sims And it came in to Nigeria through SEME border that is why they are So costly and I blindly agreed with him
grin

Which one come be Tokunbo sim? Is it fairly used or old Sim that hasn't been purchased? It's possible that the price of production for new ones has gone up and not available. So as the demand is high following the suspension and the supply it's low, it's natural that the price would increase. This is simple economics. After some time when they start producing new ones, the price would definitely go down.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 8:47am On May 16, 2021
BabbanBura:

Ridiculous what? We bought sim cards for 40k those days, more expensive than the phones then.
compare 15/18 yrs to today.Why not hike it to 20k now? So we should contribute to network services cos of PataNLA wahala abi
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by King132(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
2k and una dey complain
When obasanjo brought mobile phones and network companies into Nigeria... A SIM cost 40k back then
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by smasher1(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
BabbanBura:

Ridiculous what? We bought sim cards for 40k those days, more expensive than the phones then.

Leave all these people. The 4G sim of today is several times better than the 2G sim sold then at 40k. In terms of memory, number of SMS, contacts was limited and soon become full. Sms was like 25, contacts 100 or so. Now, it's several times that number and the technology is better in terms of speed etc.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by Princeton92(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
I bought Airtel for #1,000 on Wednesday, imagine such compromise
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by fait10(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
lettalktrue:
Recently, a friend of mine lost his phone and all his effort to retrieve the lost simcard prove abortive.
He decided to buy a new one, but unfortunately he couldn't registered for any, as the price of the new simpack is way beyond his expectation.
He was informed that a new MTN simcard is #1500, Glo and other services provided are 2000 and above. Has anyone bought a new simcard recently? share us the cost of new simcards in your area.
y can't ur friend retrieve his lost sim card. What is d issue exactly? Even me I m having problem of retrieving my sim card because of images differences.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by uboma(m): 8:52am On May 16, 2021
tolulopevimy:
Someone bought Airtel SIM Card for 500 naira!! It might be location based anyways.

Recently, I paid 500naira for a new Airtel SIM card. The vendor asked that I pay extra 200naira for the registration, I refused, asked him if we paid for registering a new SIM card during the pre Covid-19 period, he kept mute.

It was on a Saturday, could not get Glo or MTN SIM cards at the time hence I settled for Airtel.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by smasher1(m): 8:52am On May 16, 2021
seunsiju:
I dey meant... How I go buy sim 1k plus..... Waiting Pantami go still use track me..... Even I no go link any NIN.... Make dem block am

Without nin, you can't be tracked? Even the old telephone line, your location would be tracked without internet not to talk of now that each internet enabled phone has ip address .
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by smasher1(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2021
Flier:
Sim replacement should be expensive,I think at least 20.000 Naira
Some idiots are replacing sim simply because of cheap data and bonus

I agree. Although not so high. But a bit high. I agree with ncc that you can link up to 7 lines. One of my friend has more than 10 lines, because of freebies. Not bad, but can be used by bad people to commit fraud.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by kraftysprouts: 8:58am On May 16, 2021
BabbanBura:

My mom still uses her own
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by kennethfranc(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2021
A real nigga is already covered.... Man get 2extra mtn, 2glo and 4airtel To hell with new sim
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 9:05am On May 16, 2021
Nato008:

I seriously don't understand the relationship between buying it at that price in 2000 and now....how do u guys even reason, then was the coming of gsm it was still fresh..the technology was still in its intact stage...and now it has developed immensely.......and u are chest beating saying we should be happy to buy it at that exorbitant price....mehn
That one is not up to 20/25 yrs old.I knw kids Wen dey spew trash
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by OPPPS: 9:07am On May 16, 2021
New SIm I got from MTN was N500. With N400 credit , just 2 days ago
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 9:07am On May 16, 2021
Mandesz:

I'm after the word IDIOT he used. if the general price level sticks to that price and u need d sim badly,then u av no option
yeah! Only d idiots will part with 2500 to buy SIM card .Use Ur brain
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by chukwuibuipob: 9:10am On May 16, 2021
Mandesz:
does that warrant u to label buyers idiots?
ONLY IDIOTS will part with 2500 to buy wotbis officially 100.Dey can use Ur head to play ludo game not the smart pipu.U ask question! Why is dis expensive
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by EmperorTolson: 9:21am On May 16, 2021
BabbanBura:

A sim for 2k is not ridiculous?
Is that it?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by bigcee(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2021
LMS1:
my friend told me these new sim cards are Tokumbo Sims And it came in to Nigeria through SEME border that is why they are So costly and I blindly agreed with him
grin
Lwkmd grin

Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by lettalktrue(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2021
Goldbw122:
5000 naira, I need to go and check my self one of my friend told me so am not too sure..
5000? which state and service provider?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by lettalktrue(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2021
ChangedMan1999:
My sister bought a new one recently with 600
which state please?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:47am On May 16, 2021
lettalktrue:
which state please?

Imo
Re: What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? by lettalktrue(m): 9:47am On May 16, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
bought my current Airtel at 13k
13k! i don't believe this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have 50k To Get A New Phone, Suggest The Best Phone For Me Please / White Guy Compares A Bad Phone Review To Nigeria. (pics) / Gionee S8 With 5.5-inch 1080p Display With 3d Touch, 4gb Ram, Full Metal Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.