Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,175 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? (9073 Views)

Alagemo Merindinlogun – The 16 Deities Of The Ijebus / Christie Sells Nigerian Statues Of Igbo Deities That Were Looted / Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
rhektor:

First of all, you should have quoted the comment you were replying as it was on another thread but you stylishly did this to hide from public disgrace grin alaye you have nowhere to run as I will keep trashing you and your lies
all bunch of trash, incoherent, balderdash. Wait o olu are you out of your mind or what? What is all these trash meant to address? This guy you're getting low by the day

Not all are correct many of the words you typed here has no meaning in Yorùbá with the wrong diacritics you applied on them for example

Eló has no meaning to any Yorùbá person èló is what actually mean how much grin
Seems you are leaning little by little TAO11 you're doing some good job on this your boy cheesy

Eku is the short form of the word èkúté, there's nothing like the word Èkúte that you used here, silly boy when will you learn?

You usually dwell on the use of this sign ~ which is the sign of elongated words (vowels) in Yorùbá writings, boy that has been long jettisoned no longer in use boy, àmì faagun is no longer used in Yorùbá writing these days instated we use double vowels

Egúngún = eégún

Èéfín has no short form grin where did you get the short form from?

Koríko = grass (short form is koóko)
The word you wrote there has no meaning in Yorùbá (is your this blocked?)

kòríkò:wolf what is this nonsense? Do mi do? Ìkokò = wolf

Guy let me see if you'll improve in your next comment
PS: quote the right comment on the right thread, don't let me give you a knock on your blocked head

This is smoke grin grin grin in Yoruba inthe screenshot. Liar has no room in my school of thought. Infact , your diacritic sign is wrong on Ēfín cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
TAO11:
(1) Question: Did I write the following anywhere in my comments:

... archeological evidence dates the existence of human groups in Middle Niger valley(i.e in the area now known as 'Nigeria') to c.40,000 years ago.

Answer: YES.

(2) Question: Did I write anywhere that the actual evidence for “the existence of human groups in the Middle Niger Valley” is human fossil (or fossil human to indulge your illiteracy)??

Answer: NO

(3) Question: Did I mention the actual evidence for “the existence of human groups in the Middle Niger Valley”??

Answer: YES.

(4) Questions: What then is this evidence ??

Answer: Middle Stone Age tools and implements.

(5) Why then are you asking me to provide human fossil (or fossil human) evidence for the Middle Niger Valley human existence from 40,000 years ago??

The Iwo-Eleru human fossil, tools, pottery evidence, etc. relate to the Late Stone Age.

The Middle Niger Valley tools/implements relate to the Middle Stone Age.

You obviously have absolutely zero clue on what the difference between LSA and MSA is.

In sum, you must first understand what you need me to prove before asking me for the proof.

But you obviously don’t even know what you need me to provide evidence for.

You clearly lack any understand what my claim is, yet you need me to back it up with evidence.

You must first know what my claim is before you ask for the evidence for it.

Ask me to provide evidence for the actual claim I made, not your imaginary claim which I didn’t make.

Grow up, cheers! cheesy

Cc: rhektor

Yes, you mentioned 40,000 years. Simple as ABC. This is my bone of contention
Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
TAO11:
Self-confusion is your middle name.

First of all you asked me to provide evidence of fossil at Iwo-Eleru, now you’ve changed from Iwo-Eleru, to Niger Valley. You should make up your mind.

Anyways, I have a burden to prove only a claim that I made. I am not obliged to prove a claim I didn’t make. Okay? grin

At no point in the course of educating you did I teach that a human fossil was excavated from the Middle Niger Valley of ‘Nigeria’.

Moreover, didn’t you say you’ve now understood the difference between skull and tools.

Please explain to me why I have to revisit teaching you that there is a difference between skull and tools.

And where in the course of educating you did I teach that a human fossil was NOT excavated from Iwo-Eleru??

Prove what? 40,000 years old what? You must first understand what you need me to adduce evidence for.

But you obviously don’t even know what you need me to provide evidence for.

You don’t understand what my claim is, yet you need me to back it up what evidence.

You must be an insanely idio.tic mo.ron.

Cheers!
Cc: rhektor
I can see how bittered you are. Afterall, you have used negative vulgar names on me but I focus often on fact giving and not names. Infact, the often vulgar word I have ever used on you were three: Liar ignorant,olodo. Unlike you that's not a sportman who behaves like Jose Mourinho; winning by all means, possible cheesy

As you can vividly see, you have failed in the area you had in mind, which is to rubbish my identity. And one wonders if you can actually rubbish me ? Indeed you are a joke.

You see no amount of lies can change this words of yours TAO11, 'First of all archeologcal evidence dates the evidence of human groups in the Middle Niger valley( i.e in area known as 'Nigeria') to c.40,000 years ago. . Instead, to accept this error, you kept denting your profile.

In reality, no man is an epitome of knowledge, especially someone like me who works tirelessly to garner information on what I am doing. But your bad attitude towards renowned scholars work, and unresearched work you claim make the problem you have at this moment.

If I give out 10% of what is in my care, it will definitely wow you. But keeping my calmness and reading people's view delight me even if I choose not to condemn any one but slightly often posit my own view, which is tilted towards Information I have, despite the fact I don't post the references often.

My dear, you can get your grip on some of the following :
References
Abímbọ́lá 1969 Wánde Abímbọ́lá. Ìjìnlẹ̀ Ohùn Ẹnu Ifa—Ápá Kejì: Àwọn Ifá ?láńlá. Glasgow:
William Collins.
Abímbọ́lá 1976 ______. Ifá: An Exposition of Ifá Literary Corpus. Ibadan: Oxford University
Press.
Abímbọ́lá 1977 ______. Ifa Divination Poetry. New York: Nok.
Abraham 1958 R. C. Abraham. Dictionary of Modern Yoruba. London: University of London
Press.

Barber 1990 Karin Barber. “Discursive Strategies in the Texts of Ifá and in the ‘Holy Book of Odù’ of the African Church of Ọ̀rúnmìlà.” In Self Assertion and Brokerage:
Ajanaku, Fabgemi 1970.

Ori, Ipin ati Kadara Apa keji. A paper delivered at the Conference of Egbe Ijinle Yoruba, Lagos.
Awolalu, J and Dopamu, P.A. 1991.

West African Traditional Religions. Ibadan: NK .
Idowu, Bolaji 1975.
African Traditional Religion – A Definition. London: S.C.M. Press.
1996 Olodumare: God in Yoruba Belief. Lagos: Longman.

Mbiti, J.S. 1970.
African Religions and Philosophy. New York: Anchor.
Laude, Jean 1973.

Awo Falokun Fabunmi, Ela:Ifa concept of Altered States (The metaphysical foundation of IFA) (vol 5)

From above books, you can actually read,more books on IFAODu,which actually posits definition of Ela from Ifaodu concept and not mine,which make cogent affirmation on beliefs in Islam and Christianity,which are also found in Ifaodu.

On a light mode, you have provided great informations with references, on many of the different threads cum topics, with tangible references, which cannot be taken away from your researches. Kudos on that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by rhektor(m): 3:52am On Jun 23, 2021
Olu317:
This is smoke grin grin grin in Yoruba inthe screenshot. Liar has no room in my school of thought. Infact , your diacritic sign is wrong on Ēfín cheesy cheesy cheesy.

I have always maintained that your biggest problem is the fact that you have no clue about whatever you read. You only read to come to nairaland and dump shi* here. The àmì fàágùn ~ is no longer in use with Yorùbá writting but you foolishly ignored that fact just to suit your preconceived ideology. No need to thank me for this little piece of information as you will still not be able to understand but would come back to strengthen your folly with another 19th century screenshot of dictionary. Oponu, if you have any sense you would have known that my diacritics are perfect remove the àmì ~from your smoke and see if it won't be written the way I write it. Olu, go and learn how to apply diacritics on Yorùbá words. Trying to muddle words up won't save you.
You have still not explained how Dodoiwa=Duduiwa=Daoduiwa=Dauda/Daoud

Anyway, I read your response to TAO11 and feel like asking you about your highest level of education. In all honesty, Olu did you graduate or dropped out of school? Because, if you did graduate then you must have learn about logic (logical reasoning) because your arguments here are riddled with fallacies.
You ran away from the questions that Macof asked you on the Yorùbá Hebrew thread since 2018 grin grin grin
Ah! Olu you're a proper werey grin

2 Likes

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Abohboy: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
sweetshisha:

Ok

Yoruba mythology is pretty much straight forward... We have one God or Supreme being called Eledumare, then we have 17 dieties, Orisha or lesser gods sent by Eledumare to earth to fulfill specific task in helping humanity.

Like most myth... God Eledumare sent specific instructions to guide the Yoruba race through Orunmila and the scroll bis known as Odu IFA, it is accessible only through binary of IFA chain Opele, palm, or Kola nut.. like binary system in maths, everycode in Odu IFA(Yoruba Bible/Quran) is in 0s and 1s

17 ke? There are over 401 and that is excluding those allocated to individidual families and if you mean main ones then the number is 16 likw the 16 odu ifa

1 Like

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
rhektor:

I have always maintained that your biggest problem is the fact that you have no clue about whatever you read. You only read to come to nairaland and dump shi* here. The àmì fàágùn ~ is no longer in use with Yorùbá writting but you foolishly ignored that fact just to suit your preconceived ideology. No need to thank me for this little piece of information as you will still not be able to understand but would come back to strengthen your folly with another 19th century screenshot of dictionary. Oponu, if you have any sense you would have known that my diacritics are perfect remove the àmì ~from your smoke and see if it won't be written the way I write it. Olu, go and learn how to apply diacritics on Yorùbá words. Trying to muddle words up won't save you.
You have still not explained how Dodoiwa=Duduiwa=Daoduiwa=Dauda/Daoud

Anyway, I read your response to TAO11 and feel like asking you about your highest level of education. In all honesty, Olu did you graduate or dropped out of school? Because, if you did graduate then you must have learn about logic (logical reasoning) because your arguments here are riddled with fallacies.
You ran away from the questions that Macof asked you on the Yorùbá Hebrew thread since 2018 grin grin grin
Ah! Olu you're a proper werey grin
The Screenshot of "smoke" inYoruba is attach below from a Yoruba dictionary. Post your own source. Or have you become encyclopedia ?

Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by rhektor(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
Olu317:
The Screenshot of "smoke" inYoruba is attach below from a Yoruba dictionary. Post your own source. Or have you become encyclopedia ?

I don't know how to get information into your empty cranium. Your dictionary was published when? Olódo òsì, you read some archaic writeups and hold on to without regard for recent information yet you keep claiming intellectual on nairaland. You too dull o

Who go deliver you from this delusion? �
Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Èṣù:
Re: Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? by Olu317(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
According to Yoruba's Ifaodu corpus, a part was said to state as thus in Odu Ogunda, which affirm, Yoruba's knowledge on world creation inline with religion.

The verse says in the Creation myth:
In Odu Ifa Osa Ogunda, part of a verse says,
Irí tú wili
tú wili lá
fi dà
ilé ayé
lá bú
da ilẹ́

which means, “Dews pouring lightly, pouring lightly, was used to create the earth world in order that goodness could come forth into existence at once.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gimi Fulbe (fulani Music) / Christmas In Nigerian Languages: Cultural Diversity / Eid Mubarak: Emir Sanusi Leads Prayer, Preaches Peace, Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.