Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story (31215 Views)

Drone Pictures Of Governor Ademola Adeleke Campaigning In Modakeke / Emoney Meets Ooni Of Ife And Obasanjo In Ondo State: Pictures & Video / Why So Much Beggars In Osun, The Government Should Do Something (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by pedel: 7:01am On May 17, 2021
Modakeke-ife War Looming Again

Modakeke-Ife crisis unraveling again.
Don't make unnecessary journey to Ife or Modakeke today.
Some Ife farmers were killed in Toro and Oyere farm four days ago.
There was gun shots at Oke Eso and other boundaries last night.
Please let pray for peace and adjust your movements.

IFE - MODAKEKE CRISIS - CAUTIONING WORDS TO WAR-MONGERS

If news filtering on Ife Modakeke crisis in the last few hours is anything to go by, then it should be assumed that 90% of uprising fire will be fanned by fake news and unverified claims..

Let me say this, that 1997 is now far different from 2021, everything has gone digital that nothing is hidden anymore with mobile phones and internet, so no true Account will be doctored except what it is. You will see the actual and see the unreal being passed around by war mongers, but we will always put things in real perspective.

We will not allow any fake news to spread fire and we will do everything to forestall looming crisis in the best interest of all and sundry, especially for the non indigenes from all walks of life, who are mostly inhabitants on Ife land doing businesses and working here.

Findings show that some people heard some invisible Ife were coming at an area called Alaro in Modakeke, and they took guns to streets and started running here and there in the night, filming and shouting "Ogun ti de ooo" only to find no Ife coming from anywhere.

Ditto for places like Ondo road in Ife, where some Ife vigilantes were reportedly shooting guns in the air in the area to tell anyone coming that they are fully alert, all because they heard Modakeke were coming. And all of these are drawbacks of social media and skirmishes of news caused by some people's Business rivalry on farms week ago where a woman reported to be a farmers' loans giver with many debts to be recovered, was claimed to have been killed..

In the end, Modakekes were claiming the Ife killed the woman, and the Ife claimed Modakeke did. Yet, the truth of the sinister act lies somewhere around Business deal that went wrong in the village.

Well I'm glad that the two Communities are not interested in war any longer, except those who are agbotikuyos and profiteers from crisis.

I belong to special Ife and Modakeke WhatsApp groups as a spy "ti n fimu file" and I can tell you no one wants to hear the smell of war. Everyone is saying Not again, it doesn't pay anyone. Bulk of those that are getting paranoid, impatience and asking around social media are people outside the two towns and those sleeping but are hearing gun and assumed it has happened again. And it's understandable.

There are salient issues ofcourse, particularly on farm being occupied wrongly, but the recent issue at Alapata and Toro had nothing to do with this.

1997 long war left some scars and ruins to many families that are into farming, especially to Ife ancients family farmlands on those axis but some of us have moved on..

Some people have become millionaires by starting all over at Ife forest reserves, a reason why we will continue to tell Osun Government to leave that gifted land at Shaha -Ijebu boundary for the Ifes which was given out to Government years back, for continued peace so that no one will be interested to go back and be dragging farm with Modakeke at those places like Agbeke, Alapata, Toro etc.. God can bless cultivated virgin lands too.

We can always grow new areas and get over this. War doesn't pay anyone. The experience of the past has shown that war doesn't solve it. It doesn't. The scars are everywhere.

Before you share any news on any crisis or report, be sure of what you are passing around and be ready to defend it. People's Business and shading dealings should be what it is and should not wear a tribal colouration or religion garment.

In the last 20yrs, Ife and Modakeke people have been so integrated that the bike man you will flank down on Ife street to take you to the palace or your house at Alakowe may most likely a Modakeke man. Too many Modakeke youths are riding bikes in Ife just like we have many from all over the state. Ife is the biggest hub for commercial motorcycle transportation in Osun State.

Similarly, or in the same vein, it is more likely that you will see an Ife woman at Modakeke market buying cows for Burial or food ingredients. A lot of our people in Ife go to modakeke to buy food items - they claim food are cheaper there than Ife, so you will think of economic loss that the scars of over 20yrs will bring.

I grew up in the war of 97, I saw it all and I often wish Modakeke should be taken away from Ife land or surrounding so that we will not have someone who we will always look into each others eyes, but I have since grown to see Modakekes as the other part of Ife that will be there for ever, because the community had come so long with History with Ife and very old than many towns in Osun today, hence we call them Isale Ife.

There is a reason why fate has brought us together and we can continue to see it like that while everyone maintains their lane and status.

I'm also glad that local security leaders in both towns are dispelling and quelling the news already with the good efforts of Ooni of Ife, the the grand father of entire Ife land and Modakeke elders. I'm equally happy that Osun Government is not sleeping.

For the Ifes, I want us to see Modakekes as our wives that can not be pushed away, and so for whatever reason, we should be able to sit together and discuss differences while not failing to fish out the evil ones among us on both sides because only truth can bring peace and prosperity to the entire Ife land. To modakekes, I enjoin you to join hands to help bring development to Ifeland because the comfort of the trees is the comfort of the birds. If the rope is not resting, the standing fowl on it will not rest too ooo.

War is not rice and beans ooo. Let's stop spreading nonsense in news and avoid adding petrol to fire. Enu mi ago!

Omoelublog

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4602782599737579&id=100000176524707

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by illicit(m): 7:03am On May 17, 2021
If them need mercenaries, make dem holla

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by MsAllison(f): 7:06am On May 17, 2021
but I thought Avanja are peaceful and love themselves cheesy

thunder fire all Tinubu urchins in the mighty name of Jesus AMEN

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:09am On May 17, 2021
[s]
MsAllison:
but I thought Avanja are peaceful and love themselves cheesy

thunder fire all Tinubu urchins in the mighty name of Jesus AMEN
[/s]

Ile Ife isn't Eboyin.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by jneutron4000: 7:11am On May 17, 2021
pedel:
Modakeke-Ife crisis unraveling again.
Don't make unnecessary journey to Ife or Modakeke today.
Some Ife farmers were killed in Toro and Oyere farm four days ago.
There was gun shots at Oke Eso and other boundaries last night.
Please let pray for peace and adjust your movements.
[/s]Nothing like that, it is the plan of the enemy because of the growing agitation for Yoruba Nation but wise people from both Ife and Modakeke has stepped in to calm the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOqqThqsxjY

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Asgard73: 7:18am On May 17, 2021
If true ... walahi.. modaeke go deal with ife o

Yoruba and peace no Dey same sentence..

If not for lugard... them for don kill themselves finish .. fighting those ikiriji .. okitipupa .. wars ... with Dane guns and juju grin

Those their wars Na Sophistication grin

Abeg play us movie jare...

Heard the wars always comes after a period of years ...

How true?

Dem go wan change this thread to igbo bashing

We all know they hate truth .. and will abuse or curse anyone who tell em truth..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by pedel: 7:19am On May 17, 2021
My uncle was killed in Toro farm four days ago. We are still unable to retrieve his corpse.
You can shove your Yoruba nation up my arse.
This post was to warn people to restrict their movement.
I am not sure if you were born in 1980, 83 or 1997 when the war started.
War doesn't discriminate. If you can't warn people to stay save you should keep your data to watch YouTube videos.

jneutron4000:
[/s]Nothing like that, it is the plan of the enemy because of the growing agitation for Yoruba Nation but wise people from both Ife and Modakeke has stepped in to calm the situation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by jneutron4000: 7:20am On May 17, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:
If true ... walahi.. modaeke go deal with those lazy ife humans..

If not for lugard... them for don kill themselves finish .. fighting those ikiriji .. okitipupa .. wars ... with Dane guns and juju grin

How true?

We all know they hate truth .. and will abuse or curse anyone who tell em truth..

[/s]go and face your problem in emuleri and aguleri stop poking into others business

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:

How true?

[/s]
Beware Of The Moniker Asgard73, He's Not Igbo.

https://www.nairaland.com/6556084/beware-moniker-asgard73-hes-not

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by jneutron4000: 7:24am On May 17, 2021
[s]
pedel:
My uncle was killed in Toro farm four days ago. We are still unable to retrieve his corpse.
You can shove your Yoruba nation up my arse.
This post was to warn people to restrict their movement.
I am not sure if you were born in 1980, 83 or 1997 when the war started.
War doesn't discriminate. If you can't warn people to stay save you should keep your data to watch YouTube videos.

[/s]keep quiet and stop spreading falsehood. I posted a video done last night by both men from Ife and Modakeke and you are blabbing. The right thing to do is to de escalate and stop building up tension you Fooolll.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by yanabasee1(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2021
Good one.....

Next time, they should try to locate their brothers in Benin Republic......

Until their governor get sense, their matter is none of any same Nigerian business....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by pedel: 7:32am On May 17, 2021
It's a waste of time reasoning with cretins like you. I just told you I lost an uncle 4 days ago which is why the crisis started.
Can you dispute the fact that people were killed in the past few days?
Can you dispute the fact that there were gun shots being fired around oke eso over night today?
While there is an ongoing peace talk would you suggest your family members go attend a party around the boundries today?

jneutron4000:
[s][/s]keep quiet and stop spreading falsehood. I posted a video done last night by both men from Ife and Modakeke and you are blabbing. The right thing to do is to de escalate and stop building up tension you Fooolll.

5 Likes

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:32am On May 17, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:

You need attention Yoruba man...

I don’t do gay... you can cancel yourself... I don’t give a fvck...

Oya cancel and keep canceling.. so typical..
Insecured human.

If you don’t cancel this .... “ then you’re like a fool”

Cancel and let the Yoruba in you radiate well.

Next!
[/s]

Have sense

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Asgard73: 7:34am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Have sense

Next!
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Asgard73: 7:37am On May 17, 2021
pedel:
It's a waste of time reasoning with cretins like you. I just told you I lost an uncle 4 days ago which is why the crisis started.
Can you dispute the fact that there were gun shots being fired around oke eso over night today?
While there is an ongoing peace talk would you suggest your family members go attend a party around the boundries today?

Forget those humans... when the land burn with those their egg bomb dem use destroy akarabadaa..
Them go used am on that oduduwA Head for Mayfair roundabout cheesy

They hate truth... even in 21century grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by MsAllison(f): 7:38am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Ile Ife isn't Eboyin.
do you know gbegile boys?
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by jneutron4000: 7:39am On May 17, 2021
pedel:

You lost an Uncle, my condolence, Nevertheless let hope for things to be calm, the video I shared with you was done last night by both the Youth leader from Ife and Modakeke, even Ooni has called for calm. What we all need to do is to spread the news of things being under control and not putting petrol into fire by raising up tensions. As at yesterday, youths and men from both sides have sat down and reach a peace accord, people like you now who are not aware of that are still busy spreading fear and tensions all around.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Arda1000(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Ile Ife isn't Eboyin.
ile ife people will now migrate to cause Fulani own all Afonjas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:43am On May 17, 2021
MsAllison:
do you know gbegile boys?

No be the canceller guy?
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:43am On May 17, 2021
Asgard73:

Forget those humans... when the land burn with those their egg bomb dem use destroy akarabadaa..
Them go used am on that oduduwA Head for Mayfair roundabout cheesy

They hate truth... even in 21century grin

So you even know mayfair.
You've been in Yoruba land as spies

5 Likes

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:44am On May 17, 2021
Arda1000:
ile ife people will now migrate to cause Fulani own all Afonjas

Better than getting killed and raped by Fulanis

5 Likes

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by effort1: 7:49am On May 17, 2021
Asgard73:

How true?

This is not Anambra where you hack one another to death over 1 plot of land. grin and there is no one to rein you in

13 Likes

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Arda1000(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Better than getting killed and raped by Fulanis
the sons of fallen demons didn't run for nothing,since the days Afonja,Afonjas has been slave for the Fulanis,they rape,burn and kill you guys for fun grin,no wonder more than 2400 men ran,stupid cowards I shame for you guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Asgard73: 7:52am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

So you even know mayfair.
You've been in Yoruba land as spies

Spend 15 years in Yoruba land .. even do yoruba juju and fought Yoruba war..the betrayed me and jarule..

That’s it.

I know yoruba more than Yoruba people wella .. but will never speak that language

Modakeke go chop ife sallaa..

I pray for peace... not them that wish destruction and death on igbos.
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:53am On May 17, 2021
Arda1000:
the sons of fallen demons didn't run for nothing,since the days Afonja,Afonjas has been slave for the Fulanis,they rape,burn and kill you guys for fun grin,no wonder more than 2400 men ran,stupid cowards I shame for you guys

Where is Kanu By the way?

7 Likes

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:54am On May 17, 2021
Asgard73:

Spend 15 years in Yoruba land .. even do yoruba juju and fought Yoruba war..the betrayed me and jarule..

That’s it.

1. Which of the Yoruba wars undecided

2. Why you come to Yoruba land in the first place.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by MsAllison(f): 7:56am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

No be the canceller guy?
yes.
do you want them to give you contract?
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Asgard73: 7:57am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

1. Which of the Yoruba wars undecided

2. Why you come to Yoruba land in the first place.

Not necessarily

Next!
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by Sammy07: 7:59am On May 17, 2021
MsAllison:
yes.
do you want them to give you contract?

Don't understand you.
Like contract, money?
Which type of contract, how long will it take? And why are the things you need?
How much are we talk about?

Maybe we can discuss in my official mail.
Re: Ife And Modakeke Crisis In Osun: The Real Story by MsAllison(f): 8:00am On May 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Don't understand you.
Like contract, money?
Which type of contract, how long will it take? And why are the things you need?
How much are we talk about?

Maybe we can discuss in my official mail.
lol cheesy

Gbegile contract
I'm not the one giving oo
na dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Non-existent Eser Contracting And Industry Company Was Awarded Railway Contract / Sit-At-Home Order: Fear, Anxiety In Southeast / Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.