Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! (9762 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by chrisxxx(m): 10:24am On Jul 17, 2021
helinues:
There is something I have been questioning personally regarding SE population..

If majority of them are Christians which means they mostly practiced monogamy, why is there population almost the same with SW population that has almost 50/50 Christians and Muslims..

Someone should clear my ignorant
Bros I have reasoned this and came out with what looks like an answer.
If a man is strictly attached to one wife he may have more children with the wife per head than when attached to more than one wife.
You can see a man that has seven children with a wife but you can hardly see a man that has same number of children with two wives or more.
Which means monogamy produces more children per woman than polygamy.
Let add further that monogamy produces more children per woman and polygamy produces more children per male .
And where women are married off by one man many men are left with no wife.
Go hausa land and see men roaming with no wife.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Perkins2018: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gambit23:

U need to visit various Nigerian states and regions before before ubare considered a travelled fellow
What if I visit African countries and Europe?
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
helinues:
There is something I have been questioning personally regarding SE population..

If majority of them are Christians which means they mostly practiced monogamy, why is there population almost the same with SW population that has almost 50/50 Christians and Muslims..

Someone should clear my ignorant
even SW has more Christian than Muslim, ondo,ekiti, ogun has more Christian while osun and Oyo is about 50-50
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

are they up to 13mil ? am speaking with fact bruv.tiv are located in partly nasarawa and partly benue, where'as ijaw own's a state and still second majority in river's,are partly found in akwa ibom,delta and ondo even ghana! oneh no let me tell you tuwa wo o
bayelsa is nt even up to 3 million, ijaws in ondo state are only in Ese-odo Lga, and they are lyk one- third of the population that's not up to 300,000, am not saying north is more populated than south, but ijaws are nt that many, come to akure the capital of ondo state u will hardly find an ijaw man, even there is I av never meet one b4
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

have you been to ghana before? see eh am not that type that argue too much but i like placing fact, apart from hausa and igbo if the reamaining tribe havnt dominated the nigerian market space finish,is now another contry they will now dominate ?
there are more Yoruba's in Ghana than ibos, you can argue that
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
helinues:

Jesu, do you have an idea of how many Yoruba traders are in Mokola market? Not just trading but dominating.. Infact since I have been traveling to Ghana, I have not met a single Igbo trader in Mokola market..

Wait, have you ever been to Ghana you want to argue about?
I don't think he has
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

i wrote my jamb in zungeru in niger state men you need to see empty lands infact when we got to ushishi the whole place felt like a zombie infested place
niger state has the biggest land mass in Nigeria, so u should expect many empty land , niger is like 3 times bigger than SE
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

which kind point? why is saudi arabia not populos than brazil,despite it being a muslim country ?
no mind am, UAE no even reach 8 million
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Heavensent01:

convincing abi confusing which one?

many Muslims in southwest practised monogamy and even those that practise polygamy do it with economical sense

while a Muslim in southwest with two wives might have 6 kids, a monogamy practised coupled in southeast might have 10-12 kids, reference to my friend at Nnewi they're 13 and their dad married only their mom, even her dad elder bro had 12 with one woman

the maximum of childbirth in southwest in the earlier days is 4-5 but these days is 2-3. childbirth control is real in southwest but can't say the same about southeast. northern Nigeria don't even know what birth control is
u re talking nonsense, I know many people here in akure and ondo state who are even Christian that av more than 10 children, even one woman in my area here has about 11 children, there is one man in igbaraoke that has 24 children, do u know gani fawehimi, his dad has about 63 children he his from ondo town

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
temitope27:
bayelsa is nt even up to 3 million, ijaws in ondo state are only in Ese-odo Lga, and they are lyk one- third of the population that's not up to 300,000, am not saying north is more populated than south, but ijaws are nt that many, come to akure the capital of ondo state u will hardly find an ijaw man, even there is I av never meet one b4

you dont check people population base on their state of origin doing so the whole s.w aint gona be more than 20mill which is not the population of the grate yoruba tribe not to mention the millions of yoruba diasporan out there.

as a niger-deltan ikwerre to be precise i have the first hand knowledge of ijaws, they are like the fulanis of s^2 they have cliam land in almost all the s.s states excluding edo and c.r.s.. ijaws are huge no cap.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
temitope27:
there are more Yoruba's in Ghana than ibos, you can argue that

True!..
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
temitope27:
niger state has the biggest land mass in Nigeria, so u should expect many empty land , niger is like 3 times bigger than SE

True!
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Bifwoli: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:

Okoros own kenya grin
And who or what tribe are the "Okoros" if i may ask as an outsider? (non Nigerian)
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by theTranslator: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Bifwoli:
And who or what tribe are the "Okoros" if i may ask as an outsider? (non Nigerian)
okoro is a tribal slur for the Igbo
As well as Afonja is for Yoruba
Those names are popular surnames

Where are you from?
Don't take these online brawls seriously grin cheesy
Na cruise grin

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by garfield1: 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gambit23:

List those states in Nigeria where IGBOs aren't the 2nd most populated tribe behind the natives

Cross river,akwa ibom,plateau,Benue,kogi,taraba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2021
garfield1:

Cross river,akwa ibom,plateau,Benue,kogi,taraba

Which tribe are 2nd most populated in these states after the indigens? cheesy grin
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 7:24am On Jul 18, 2021
Perkins2018:

What if I visit African countries and Europe?

Then u should be discussing those African snd European countries u have visited & then avoid discussing Nigeria, a place u know absolutely nothing about
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by garfield1: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2021
Gambit23:

Which tribe are 2nd most populated in these states after the indigens? cheesy grin

In cross river,the largest settler tribe is the ibibios.in akwa ibom,the largest is the atams.in plateau and kogi,the hausas are the largest settlers
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2021
garfield1:

In cross river,the largest settler tribe is the ibibios.in akwa ibom,the largest is the atams.in plateau and kogi,the hausas are the largest settlers

This is very stupid and unrelated to my post.. grin grin

Ibibio are not settlers in cross river state, they are indigens.

Same applies to every other tribe u have listed.

Answer the question or shift.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by garfield1: 9:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Gambit23:

This is very stupid and unrelated to my post.. grin grin

Ibibio are not settlers in cross river state, they are indigens.

Same applies to every other tribe u have listed.

Answer the question or shift.

Stop embarrassing yourself boy.ibibios are not indigenous to cross river.hausas are not indigenous to kogi or plateau.upgrade yourself
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2021
garfield1:

Stop embarrassing yourself boy.ibibios are not indigenous to cross river.hausas are not indigenous to kogi or plateau.upgrade yourself

Shatapp awusa-afonja Man, Ibibio are indigenous to cross rivers state and Efik are equally indigenous in Akwaibom state....The land to both sides sit on are their ancestral lands, split by state creation and nothing more.

Even the Kogi ur talking about + benue have indigenous IGBOs who are sitting on their ancestral lands + other IGBO people who migrated to the area from SS n SE.

Stop spreading jargon
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Iykoto86(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

come to think of it, igbo language are the only african tribe documented in japan and china,guanzhou to be precise made reference to the igbo's,majority of the nigerian traders in s.a,ghana and cameroun are igbo's,now come to nigeria they are always the second or third most populose tribe in any state despite the south east remains one of the most densley populated part in africa.aba,nnewi & onitsha are among the top five most populated town.this alone speaks much about their population.
They have no idea.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by garfield1: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2021
Gambit23:

Shatapp awusa-afonja Man, Ibibio are indigenous to cross rivers state and Efik are equally indigenous in Akwaibom state....The land to both sides sit on are their ancestral lands, split by state creation and nothing more.

Even the Kogi ur talking about + benue have indigenous IGBOs who are sitting on their ancestral lands + other IGBO people who migrated to the area from SS n SE.

Stop spreading jargon

Are hausas indigenous to plateau,taraba and kwara my boy
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2021
garfield1:

Are hausas indigenous to plateau,taraba and kwara my boy

The Hausas u mentioned in those areas have a permanent land that belongs to them now, That's because they migrated from other areas and then settled there hundreds of years ago. So it is now their land, they are indigenous.

Everyone here in nigeria all settled at. Particular point in history
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by garfield1: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2021
Gambit23:

The Hausas u mentioned in those areas have a permanent land that belongs to them now, That's because they migrated from other areas and then settled there hundreds of years ago. So it is now their land, they are indigenous.

Everyone here in nigeria all settled at. Particular point in history
Which place did hausas settle in kogi?
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Perkins2018: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
Gambit23:

Then u should be discussing those African snd European countries u have visited & then avoid discussing Nigeria, a place u know absolutely nothing about

And you know this how?
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by temitope27(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

you dont check people population base on their state of origin doing so the whole s.w aint gona be more than 20mill which is not the population of the grate yoruba tribe not to mention the millions of yoruba diasporan out there.

as a niger-deltan ikwerre to be precise i have the first hand knowledge of ijaws, they are like the fulanis of s^2 they have cliam land in almost all the s.s states excluding edo and c.r.s.. ijaws are huge no cap.
yes, the ijaw may be in all SS state but how populated are they? Can the ijaw boost of 500,000 population in those state except bayelsa
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
temitope27:
yes, the ijaw may be in all SS state but how populated are they? Can the ijaw boost of 500,000 population in those state except bayelsa

Ijaw are travellers they are scartered all round w.africa and c.africa. they are in every city, twice in coastlines.. Check wiki for their population
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Daytonbale: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Fact

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kerosene Price Rises By 200% / To Buhari Supporters: You Wont Vote Buhari Again! At Least Not after Seeing This / DHQ: Amnesty International Blackmailing Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.