Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! (9755 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / I Asked CHATGPT: Is Northern Nigeria More Populated Than Southern Nigeria / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Aksnoopy: 12:01pm On May 27, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Gain/loose:Igbos gain more from us,but we are not loud.Igbos are enjoying the goodwill of other tribe,no ika man gain anything from you,we work for all we have today.

Sorry,associating with igbos is the last thing Ika man will do.Igbos should stop putting too much value on their self,you guys are not as important as you think.

Anyway,good morning to you.
Bast.ard! You are not Ika. Be proud of your ethnicity for once.
Btw Ika is not a tribe, ikas and aniomas are Igbo clans.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Manab: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Gambit23:

Northern nigeria is empty...especially the sahel region
and ocean region is populated with octopus and fish abi

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by mrvitalis(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
helinues:
Regarding the topic, when one Northerner can marry 50 wives... They have more states than Southern region..
Why Niger and Chad no get plenty population seems na similar culture them get

Why Mali , sengal , borki nafaso all get relatively small population

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Manab:
and ocean region is populated with octopus and fish abi

Ocean regions are always more populated than deserts. It is a fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by freethenippu: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
helinues:
There is something I have been questioning personally regarding SE population..

If majority of them are Christians which means they mostly practiced monogamy, why is there population almost the same with SW population that has almost 50/50 Christians and Muslims..

Someone should clear my ignorant

Historical factors.

The climate/ environment.

Economy
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by streetsoldier1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
theophilusj31:
Baba don't mind all this Northerners and their Population nonsense,their is nowhere in the world were Savannahs and Arid land are more Populated that rainforests,let them.conduct electronic Celsius and you will see that all those Northern states claiming 10million will reduce significantly

Let me clear u on this, u only see their so called population in the state capital, thatz why most of their states bear same name with the capital.. unlike down south here, take for instance ondo , u will see clusters of people in all the regions ( akoko, owo, akure, ondo town, okitipupa etc) same with other states but not isnt like that

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by freethenippu: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

No need to argue with una.This nonsense wey igbos dey do(forcing false identity on others),E go shock una.Wey we go actually put una wey una belong,go and grab oshimili land,Igbos nor know wetin we ikas get for mind dey wait for them.

Well time shall tell,keep drawing nonsense map,without consulting the onwers of the land,2moro una shout betrayal up and down..........

Let me stop here.

This guy, why are you always fighting igbo people on NL
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
freethenippu:

This guy, why are you always fighting igbo people on NL

Are you new on to this forum? They started it.

To every action,there is an equal and opposite reaction.

They did worst to Ika people,so don't blame me.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

U have zero connection with Ika people.

Paid Z

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Gambit23:

U have zero connection with Ika people.

Paid Z

Yes,I am a fulani.

I hope you are happy now?
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by FreeIgbos: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
helinues:

My questions are based on two factors

1. Religion
2. Landmass

Would really appreciate if you can discuss on those 2

Your problem include both illiteracy and ethnocentrism. What has landmass got to do with population?

Remind me the population of Mali, Sudan, Algeria, Mauritania, Niger etc

Igboland and Nile Delta in Egypt have always been the most densely populated regions of Africa even prior to colonialists era. Egypt is the second most populated country in Africa yet most of its population is in the Nile Delta while the rest of the country, particularly the arid/desert parts are barren.

Continue arguing nonsense, rubbish!!

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Mechie onu gi there osiso! Ika is Igbo and Igbo is Ika. You are definitely not Ika indigene or you might be one of those fugitives accommodated after fleeing their original homeland. You cannot change the ethnicity of your host because their forefathers were kind enough to accommodate your cowardly forefathers running away from war.

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Abagworo:

Mechie onu gi there osiso! Ika is Igbo and Igbo is Ika. You are definitely not Ika indigene or you might be one of those fugitives accommodated after fleeing their original homeland. You cannot change the ethnicity of your host because their forefathers were kind enough to accommodate your cowardly forefathers running away from war.

Igboid come see this Ipob brothers.

Ika is Igbo? Illusion go finnish una...

3 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Abagworo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Your problem include both illiteracy and ethnocentrism. What has landmass got to do with population?

Remind me the population of Mali, Sudan, Algeria, Mauritania, Niger etc

Igboland and Nile Delta in Egypt have always been the most densely populated regions of Africa even prior to colonialists era. Egypt is the second most populated country in Africa yet most of its population is in the Nile Delta while the rest of the country, particularly the arid/desert parts are barren.

Continue arguing nonsense, rubbish!!

The North is presently more populated than South. By North I mean combination of Northwest, Northeast and North Central. A little tweek could change the equation with Benue, Kwara, Kogi and Plateau joining South.

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Abagworo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Igboid come see this Ipob brothers.

Ika is Igbo? Illusion go finnish una...

I am not IPOB and have never been but you cannot change the ethnicity of a people to suit your oersonal opinion. Ika is an ancient Igbo group speaking ancient Igbo language right from time immemorial. Ika language has always been Ika and the people have always been there before the coming of Benin influence from accomodated strangers.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Abagworo:

I am not IPOB and have never been but you cannot change the ethnicity of a people to suit your oersonal opinion. Ika is an ancient Igbo group speaking ancient Igbo language right from time immemorial. Ika language has always been Ika and the people have always been there before the coming of Benin influence from accomodated strangers.

Okay no need to argue with you,afterall Igbos live on propangandas and lies.

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by freethenippu: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

'They started it' very childish response.

Oya explain how they started 'it'
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
freethenippu:

'They started it' very childish response.

Oya explain how they started 'it'

They started media propaganda and lies against Ika people.............

Talk truth for once.....

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Abagworo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Okay no need to argue with you,afterall Igbos live on propangandas and lies.

Because there's nothing to argue. You know the truth and nobody is going to chase you away as you've been fully assimilated by the native Ikas. However don't try to distort the truth cause language and tribe is natural not man made. You can also hear from some Anioma voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMYZ3HpaSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6CjBQ1rgE
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Sufferingboy(f): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
Abagworo:

Because there's nothing to argue. You know the truth and nobody is going to chase you away as you've been fully assimilated by the native Ikas. However don't try to distort the truth cause language and tribe is natural not man made. You can also hear from some Anioma voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMYZ3HpaSI

Is Anioma a tribe or a political acronym?

It is just oshimili and aniocha people who are your brothers,not the whole "ANIOMA" know this and know peace,you can insult me or say anything you like.If Igbos never still get sense for this issue,then them nor fit get sense put again.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Abagworo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Is Anioma a tribe or a political acronym?

It is just oshimili and aniocha people who are your brothers,not the whole "ANIOMA" know this and know peace,you can insult me or say anything you like.If Igbos never still get sense for this issue,then them nor fit get sense put again.

The videos up there represent 2 out of the 3 Igbo groups of Anioma which is Ukwuani/Aboh and Aniocha,/Oshimili. Ika is also available.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Perkins2018: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
chiefobdk:

Keep religion out of this argument.. Christianity is not upto 150 years in Nigeria so does not really affect Igbo land population in anyway... Most of our grandparents are polygamous...

What landmass are u talking about... As small as lagos state is
Could contain 20 million people yet it has not been built up.. Lots of empty land around epe gbagada badagry...

Now imagine Igbo land

I have never seen an igbo man with two wives.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Perkins2018: 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
Gambit23:

Yorubas dont travel.

They are quite notorious for that.

That is a foolish statement. Yorubas travel more than igbos.

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by kayfra: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dumb thread
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by theTranslator: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2021
Gambit23:

IGBOs are the 2nd most populated tribe behind the main tribe of each state in nigeria.
proof? cheesy

I created the universe cool
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by KILLTHECOWS(f): 1:33am On Jul 16, 2021
Of all the countries in the world.it is only in Nigeria that the dry arid desert region is more populated than the rain forest and coastal regions.
Is their God not wonderful??
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by afube: 2:04am On Jul 16, 2021
PoloG:
i dont in know why igbos like unneccessary argument... hausas are the most popul in nigeria followed by yorubas... apart from south east, where is igbo spoken indigenous to any?

na you count them ! without a reliable census ..........ur posts are mere conjectures.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by alizma: 4:17am On Jul 16, 2021
theophilusj31:
Baba don't mind all this Northerners and their Population nonsense,their is nowhere in the world were Savannahs and Arid land are more Populated that rainforests,let them.conduct electronic Celsius and you will see that all those Northern states claiming 10million will reduce significantly
Have you been to the North before?
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by louqas: 4:30am On Jul 16, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
At time's it baffle's me when some north politicians fume's about them being the majority tribe,as in how? Minus hausa,what is the population of kanuri? Fulani? Nupe? Gbagyi? Gade? Angas? All this tribe's are minority by every standard.
Now let's move to the south.the two most populous tribe's after the hausa are there,the fourth most populated tribe is there ijaw,the fifth is there ibibio, the sixth is there bini. So tell how will a region with only one majority tribe be populouse than a regoin with the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th & 6th? The south remain's the dominant region..

This your analysis
* where you put tiv people ? Spread across benue taraba and nassarawa states and should be in first 8 nationally

Heres why North is more populated than south....an average illiterate poor northerner has 2 to 4 wives with at least 10 children.
In the south the average is 1 to 2 wives and average of 4 children.
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by alizma: 4:42am On Jul 16, 2021
xpressionx:
There are more igbos in the north that the hausas in the east.
There are more igbos in lagos that hausas
In lagos.
Then talk about the yoruba,Efik,ijaw,etc.

These Northerners have landmass,but not population.
The just like brandishing numbers for elections sake.
That's how they say kano is more populated than lagos. grin
If you haven't been to the North before, ask those who have been there. The population in the North is something else. An average Northern man has 3 wives with each having at least 3 children while an average southern man has 1 wife with average of 4 children. At the age of 20 to 22, a northerner is already reproducing while it takes average age of 27 for Southerner to reproduce. In the south, there are many ladies between the age of 27 to 35 that are still single, this is a rare case in the North.
I don't know while we argue blindly despite claims that we are educated. The factors are there and we even talk about them, like the child marriage, lack of family planning etc
Re: Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! by Gambit23: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2021
theTranslator:
proof? cheesy

I created the universe cool

List those states in Nigeria where IGBOs aren't the 2nd most populated tribe behind the natives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates WAEC At 70, Says He Was A Founding Member Of The Board / Abia Central: He Remains Our Senator - Labour Party Rejects Nwokocha's Sack / This Is Why Innoson Is Being Punished By Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.