Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga (41933 Views)

NBC Sanctions Brekete Family Radio For Recurring Unprofessional Conduct / BREAKING: Brekete Family Host Announces Plan To End Programme Amid Assault Row / Osinbajo On Brekete Radio Show This Morning With "Ordinary President". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 19, 2021
Bluffly:

The woman's action is a state offence because it is attempted murder. Ahmed's act is not a state offence and can only be pursued if the victim takes it up to sue for battery

Well, tell that to the Berekete family because, apparently, your morality ends with who you desire. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

If it has to be a state offence before you realise an apology doesn't solve everything, then good luck.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Religion6: 1:19pm On May 19, 2021
Omihanifa:

Dont always rush to comment on things you don't fully understand all in the name of looking for likes undecided

Are you now saying because he has been helping people he should now take laws into his own hands and start misbehaving?

The man should know quite well that as a journalist there are lines you must not cross

How is this man now different from the Nigeria police that is known for brutalising suspects.

It's not today that the guy has clearly been breaching the NBC broadcasting code. The other day he was telling somebody to shut up on air undecided

Some few years back he demarketed arik air by saying people should not patronise them that they can crash at any time angry that Nigerians should fly air peace

We all know he's making a meaningful impact in the lives of Nigerians and that was how he was able to get the grants he used in setting up the radio station from MacArthur Foundation. but that doesn't mean he should now allow it to enter his head and begin to slap everybody.
This man (Ordinary President) has devoted his entire life to fight for the common man. If what he said should happen then there is no justice for the common man again. He has been subjected to all kinds of weather because he's pushing the common man's need. He has apologised and that's what should be important here. Imagine someone setting fire on a child because she felt that she's a witch. The woman deserved more than a slap. My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 19, 2021
GreaterFuture:

The account details there is a Scammer?
a bloody scammer the bastard just scammed me

aswr if I no follow up this case I wont forgive myself
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:
But he has tendered unreserved apology naa, and he is forgiven This is something patanmi could not do
The apology is useless. The woman he slapped should get a good lawyer and deal a great blow to his as*. You can't be tarnishing image of journalist in disguise that you're too emotional and having compassion.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by ojilepikin(m): 1:21pm On May 19, 2021
He's not stopping the programme, the story is misleading. He only threatened to stop the programme but when we'll meaning Nigerians intervened and urged him to continue, he agreed and promised to continue. I watched the programme today on Startimes TV channel 537 when he apologized. What the lady did was too bad and provoking: set fire on the hair of a little girl of 6years old claiming the little girl is witch. She tired the girl's hands and legs, poured kerosene on the weavon
the little girl was putting on and set fire on the hair. When a neighbour heard the cry of the little girl and rushed to assist, she refused to let the neighbour in. Those promoting to tarnish the image of Ordinary President do not mean well for Nigeria and the poor masses in particular.
inoki247:
Him Village people don win las las...

Buh if Patami can apologize say na Young age they worry him nd iz still a Minister...

I see no reason why this man shuld stop d show....

2 Likes

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by ensamy(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2021
Village people at it again.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Kosoco(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2021
He never knew some Nigerians are not worth suffering for

1 Like

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Petacephas: 1:25pm On May 19, 2021
Why una no go protest against bad government in Nigeria? Na God work be this ,
no evil can prevail against Ordinary president and brekete family in Jesus name. Bad belle everywhere.
Omihanifa:

Dont always rush to comment on things you don't fully understand all in the name of looking for likes undecided

Are you now saying because he has been helping people he should now take laws into his own hands and start misbehaving?

The man should know quite well that as a journalist there are lines you must not cross

How is this man now different from the Nigeria police that is known for brutalising suspects.

It's not today that the guy has clearly been breaching the NBC broadcasting code. The other day he was telling somebody to shut up on air undecided

Some few years back he demarketed arik air by saying people should not patronise them that they can crash at any time angry that Nigerians should fly air peace

We all know he's making a meaningful impact in the lives of Nigerians and that was how he was able to get the grants he used in setting up the radio station from MacArthur Foundation. but that doesn't mean he should now allow it to enter his head and begin to slap everybody.

1 Like

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Morningstarrr(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2021
PraiseGodNoTime:
The apology is useless. The woman he slapped should get a good lawyer and deal a great blow to his as*. You can't be tarnishing image of journalist in disguise that you're too emotional and having compassion.
Why don’t you get the useless woman a good lawyer?
In short, you and BBC Africa can go fvck yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by davidolarewaju2: 1:26pm On May 19, 2021
Good Afternoon

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 19, 2021
Righteousness2:
See How humans do all they can to Torment and bring down a man who has been of immense help , all for a silly action, which he has apologized for.

A Man who sacrificed himself to help so many people.

We Live in a very terrible and Wicked World

If I remember correctly, your Bible says that a man is not justified by his outward works.

Even as I do not seek to invalidate his altruistic works (I kind of liked his programme when I lived in Abuja), I think we also need to realize that as humans, we are not inherently perfect or good ( most times, the so-called 'good' we do stems from our selfish desires to be known, to please others to get liked, or to cover up a sin of the past). Romans 3:10 says, there's no one that is good, no one.

True justice exists in a system where one's wrong isn't overlooked because he's done 'right' in the past. That's how God thinks even! He said in Ezekiel that if a righteous man does evil, he isn't blinded by the good works of the past as to not hold him accountable. Why am I making references to these? I do so objectively and without sentiments. The man openly assaulted the woman, which is wrong. That he is a HUMAN RIGHTS activist should make him more accountable. Whether he is seen as the Jesus Christ of the present day who 'sacrifices' himself for others or not is immaterial.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by younglleo: 1:30pm On May 19, 2021
Frales6:
That slap wey him give that woman been sweet me ooo. I hope the slap cover her entire face sha cox I no watch am. abeg make dem leave that guy man alone. Some women wear wickedness like cloth and dem go carry the frustration put ontop anybody wey dem fit oppress. Even some of those people criticizing this man for do worst than him if to say na dem get that boy.
lol, honestly he kept asking dat woman y she roast dey pikin, nd dey woman kept talking jagon, lol!
dey tin even vex me sef, not until he conclude nd dashed dey woman front nd bck slap wit his 1500 agbada lol, i no fit hold dat laff.
mak dem stop tagging him evil, some people would do more, dat woman is pure evil

1 Like

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by ogwuche4u(m): 1:30pm On May 19, 2021
BlueAir:
angry I didn't say he won't stand trial. He will certainly walk away or pay the murderous woman money while making Nigerians look stupid at the same time. Either ways he wins. Nigerians don't deserve a "Superman"

I like Ahmed isah for his selfless service to humanity. Just that he messed up this time around. As a human right activist, he should have known better not to allow his emotions ride over him.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Righteousness2(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2021
MadamFay:

If I remember correctly, your Bible says that a man is not justified by his outward works.

Even as I do not seek to invalidate his altruistic works (I kind of liked his programme when I lived in Abuja), I think we also need to realize that as humans, we are not inherently perfect or good ( most times, the so-called 'good' we do stems from our selfish desires to be known, to please others to get liked, or to cover up a sin of the past). Romans 3:10 says, there's no one that is good, no one.

True justice exists in a system where one's wrong isn't overlooked because he's done 'right' in the past. That's how God thinks even! He said in Ezekiel that if a righteous man does evil, he isn't blinded by the good works of the past as to not hold him accountable. Why am I making references to these? I do so objectively and without sentiments. The man openly assaulted the woman, which is wrong. That he is a HUMAN RIGHTS activist should make him more accountable. Whether he is seen as the Jesus Christ of the present day who 'sacrifices' himself for others or not is immaterial.

If GOD does something as this to you, what will be your Fate?

If GOD should deal with you according to your doings, will u be alive?

3 Likes

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by lizdammy: 1:34pm On May 19, 2021
Omihanifa:

On point.
I watched the video, and at that time, felt bad seeing him slap the lady twice despite the severity of her offence.

Anyways, his humanity just manifested that day and perhaps unknown to him, BBC was covering it.

It is amazing how one bad deed has the capacity to erase almost the entirety of all the good you have done before.

May God help is not to fall at the height of our life achievements. Character may be managed and hidden for long but not for ever.

The solidity of character is the surest guarantee for success in life.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by kachistone: 1:40pm On May 19, 2021
But he has vowed to continue the programme. Or are you not aware OP?

Consultant Iyke, told him (Ordinary President) not to stop the programme because that is what the detractors want.

So, The Ordinary President has vowed to continue the programme and shame his enemies.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 19, 2021
Frales6:
That slap wey him give that woman been sweet me ooo. I hope the slap cover her entire face sha cox I no watch am. abeg make dem leave that guy man alone. Some women wear wickedness like cloth and dem go carry the frustration put ontop anybody wey dem fit oppress. Even some of those people criticizing this man for do worst than him if to say na dem get that boy.
Their are codes and conducts in every profession, encluding journalism. He was wrong and that he has apologized; so stop the nonsense okay. And mind you, he never slapped the women for her evil deed. But rather he slapped her for insisting that nobody told her of the girl being a witch; it was just her own assumption.
Watch the video over again; with a clear head this time and see what actually infuriated the presenter. The question is, who was the presenter expecting her to mention?
Your worries should be trying to encourage him to continue the show rather than supporting his wrong.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by lizdammy: 1:41pm On May 19, 2021
ojilepikin:
He's not stopping the programme, the story is misleading. He only threatened to stop the programme but when we'll meaning Nigerians intervened and urged him to continue, he agreed and promised to continue. I watched the programme today on Startimes TV channel 537 when he apologized. What the lady did was too bad and provoking: set fire on the hair of a little girl of 6years old claiming the little girl is witch. She tired the girl's hands and legs, poured kerosene on the weavon
the little girl was putting on and set fire on the hair. When a neighbour heard the cry of the little girl and rushed to assist, she refused to let the neighbour in. Those promoting to tarnish the image of Ordinary President do not mean well for Nigeria and the poor masses in particular.
I felt so bad really.
The poor girl was just there looking so innocent.

Is that how to treat a witch?

She just malhandled that poor girl because she is helpless. Let her go and face the real witches in the village and see if she will live to deny the act.

2 Likes

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Omihanifa: 1:42pm On May 19, 2021
lizdammy:

On point.
I watched the video, and at that time, felt bad seeing him slap the lady twice despite the severity of her offence.

Anyways, his humanity just manifested that day and perhaps unknown to him, BBC was covering it.

It is amazing how one bad deed has the capacity to erase almost the entirety of all the good you have done before.

May God help is not to fall at the height of our life achievements. Character may be managed and hidden for long but not for ever.

The solidity of character is the surest guarantee for success in life.

God bless you for this your opinion.

For the man to have the liver to slap somebody on camera it shows that behaviour didn't just start today.

Assuming the lady he was interrogating was arrogant and not cooperating one would have even said maybe that made him to loose his temper. But that wasn't the case.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by cpu2006(m): 1:44pm On May 19, 2021
Religion6:

This man (Ordinary President) has devoted his entire life to fight for the common man. If what he said should happen then there is no justice for the common man again. He has been subjected to all kinds of weather because he's pushing the common man's need. He has apologised and that's what should be important here. Imagine someone setting fire on a child because she felt that she's a witch. The woman deserved more than a slap. My opinion though.

Ordinary President is the only hope of common man in this country.
He will overcome all his enemy by God Grace.
Enemy of Progress will suffer the consequence very soon by God Grace
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by ellizy(m): 1:45pm On May 19, 2021
I don’t know how Nigerians reason sometimes. I’m very sure over 80% reasonable people wouldn’t be able to hold their chill amid that inhuman act, apology has been tendered and you’re still saying it’s unprofessional forgetting hundreds of people that had gotten justice through his program...
Those who are criticizing him should put themselves in position of the young girl family...
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by BlueAir: 1:47pm On May 19, 2021
True enough
ogwuche4u:

I like Ahmed isah for his selfless service to humanity. Just that he messed up this time around. As a human right activist, he should have known better not to allow his emotions ride over him.

1 Like

Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by cocolacec(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2021
Draconian:
The lady he slapped doused a 7 year old girl with kerosene and fire. If it were your child,
what would you do?

The little girl’s family should have an eye for eye treatment for the evil woman.
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by GreaterFuture(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2021
brainmax2000:
a bloody scammer the bastard just scammed me

aswr if I no follow up this case I wont forgive myself
Westin happened?
Drop full details
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Frales6(f): 1:52pm On May 19, 2021
codecoded:

Their are codes and conducts in every profession, encluding journalism. He was wrong and that he has apologized; so stop the nonsense okay. And mind you, he never slapped the women for her evil deed. But rather he slapped her for insisting that nobody told her of the girl being a witch; it was just her own assumption.
Watch the video over again; with a clear head this time and see what actually infuriated the presenter. The question is, who was the presenter expecting her to mention?
Your worries should be trying to encourage him to continue the show rather than supporting his wrong.
ok
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Frales6(f): 1:53pm On May 19, 2021
younglleo:
lol, honestly he kept asking dat woman y she roast dey pikin, nd dey woman kept talking jagon, lol!
dey tin even vex me sef, not until he conclude nd dashed dey woman front nd bck slap wit his 1500 agbada lol, i no fit hold dat laff.
mak dem stop tagging him evil, some people would do more, dat woman is pure evil
lol
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by shogsman(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2021
DaddyGoo:
There is no reason for Ordinary Ahmed to stop the show.

That woman carried out an action that even the devil will be ashamed of.

Tied up, soaked in kerosene and then set a pre teen child on fire because some stupid mind told you she is a witch.

My Ordinary President no even slap am reach!

If na your pikin dem roast like BBQ , how e go be you for body?

As for the oversabi BBC cameraman and crew that released the video, 600 years to una!!

I hope as you have done this, you are ready to provide a viable alternative show to defend ordinary Nigerians..........ya, I thought not.

Iberibeism and nonsense!

#Breketemustcontinue
The law is quite clear,and it certainly doesn't give a damn about emotions or personal bias so does journalism
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by MunchHouse: 1:54pm On May 19, 2021
Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Wahala09: 1:55pm On May 19, 2021
Amuochicha:
I hate Men
lol wetin men do u
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:55pm On May 19, 2021
Amuochicha:
I hate Men
Your head is flat

I'm sure you must smell of akpu
Re: Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 19, 2021
Righteousness2:

If GOD does something as this to you, what will be your Fate?

If GOD should deal with you according to your doings, will u be alive?

Sir, do not twist the narrative. I am not Ahmed Isah. And I haven't assaulted a woman. Check your Bible, Scriptures say in Ecclesiastes that when people go unpunished for crimes, everyone else thinks it is okay to get away with such. So should we for example, dismiss crimes of pedophiles who sexually assaults children when they APOLOGIZE? Or give our political leaders a pat on the back when they commit crimes they should be held accountable for because you believe God doesn't deal with us according to our doings? Or applaud people who beat up their spouses just because God doesn't deal with us according to our doings? Well, unfortunately, we do in this society because it has a failed justice system. Where there is no law enforcement and accountability, the system will be filled with injustice.

This isn't just about Ahmed, I believe lots of individuals crave for justice. Yes, the man probably has enemies, but he sure gave them a reason to hate on with his display of the part of him he has kept hidden from the public eye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa / Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari / Samuel Kanu-Uche: Kidnappers Showed Us Decomposing Bodies, N100m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.