Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27526 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
InformationPro:

Did you come across the thread where a lady lost her job because she advised a friend to stop messing around with the boss? Note that she helped this friend secure the job in the organization.

I think it would be an act of shooting oneself on the leg to recommend her for this job. However, if you are sure that she is a changed person, you can recommend her for the job.

If you are not sure of the aforementioned paragraph, can you please recommend me for the job? Consider this a plea from a desperate job seeker, whose village people have held spell bound for a while, but no mas! On your request, I could send you a PM with my CV and I can assure you with my full chest that your boss would eulogise you on a daily basis for making such a viable recommendation.
They said female staff, guy shift ,let female nairalanders shine jor.

Forthispost I think you are suffering from " the one that got away " syndrome.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.

Arrant Nonsense.

I won't try that.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by faithfull18(f): 5:21pm On May 20, 2021
Hmmn, since when did it become a crime to help an ex. First of all, they are humans. That a romantic relationship with them didn't work isn't a bad thing and they shouldn't be punished for it.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Saintkollyjoe: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
Obviously you are the one that was dumped. In fact you endured many bad treatments while dating her but your hunger for her punana will not make you to dump her. Eventually she dumped yourself,it pained but you eventually accepted that she was gone but you still greet her and call her thinking that she may look your direction and consider you again. But she did not. Now you are looking for an opportunity to bring her under you by giving a job. You think she will be grateful and open wide for you after. Now let me tell you this: she will not. In fact she may plot your removal from that job. So if you still have some sense in that your stupidity infested skull, walk away. For good. Don't give her any job opportunity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by kingmsookwagh(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
I will bring to her knowledge, all information about the position and my godfatherism status on it, But will las! Las! let her know she is getting NADA!

She should feel the pain of jettisoning an important boyfriend...
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
Pierocash:
Forget about her. Did it ever occured to her that she will need you someday?

They misbehave a lot,that was how my ex behaved too,she changed during her youth service and I had to breakup with her.

If there is no one to recommend aside her,let the space waste.

This bitches are wicked and heartless. She wouldn't recommend you if she were to be in your shoe,she has other guys she preferred above you,so don't do same for her
She have other guys she will preferred above. You just hit it at d right spot

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sammirano: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients. Men have turned to women. Too much talk about women
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by LegalWolf: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You should ask yourself if this same so called EX can do the same for you.... Don't cross river for someone that will never cross gutter for you.

Omo, after tapping fresh pipe wine for the gods tomorrow, i'll deny them their sacrifice and bring it straight to your doorsteps. C'mon sense plenty die kpk
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Babyboyforeal(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
Mumu boy u don't have relations or good friends to recommend
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sylve11: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
paulolee:
please you guys should stop talking exes as if they are demons because we are all exes to other exes..
Mr op..if she suits the job and have a nice character, you can recommend her to the job to help her better her life..
seems u are scared of you both coming back again but I dnt see any issue here because its all about self control..
but if she is dt type dt promiscuous type would come n start opening legs to all the male workers n mayb start dating ur boss n ask him to fire u, dnt recommend her because no work for this contry again o..

I just want to give you a tip Paul, whenever you're in such position as the op, don't try to recommend your ex to come work with you in same organisation. cool

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by rtmjohn: 5:22pm On May 20, 2021
Oga, let her go. Post the job here or to your community or society you belong. Pls avoid future problem.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Morenikeji070: 5:23pm On May 20, 2021
Character is like a flame.. that's why our character speak a lot about us... Guy I will advice you not to do that find other female folks you can help.. the only thing I will advice you to do is just try and get her job somewhere else. I pray you find her a job.. elsewhere.. wake up young man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by OBTOREPA(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2021
If i were you ,i will help her bro
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Henry22(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2021
Guy don't ever recommend her unless you want to be emotionally disturbed again, since you have moved on please let move on be move on ok?, You have already done her a great deal of your best by still talking once in a while so instead of recommending her for the job I advise you look for another person to recommend might even be from your church that's if you go to church.

History is always bound to repeat itself......
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Malawian(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2021
I can sister zone exes now with minimal fuss. The issue of romantic attachment will not even be of concern to me. The more pressing issue is the issue where she can start fucking your boss and start disrespecting you in the office and may even facilitate your sack. This is why I would rather recommend someone else.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Genesiis(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2021
Help her, but stay away from her, always take a different route that'll make her not see you at all. Lastly, stay away from boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

If at all you're having it in mind to get back to her, then do it the right way, forgive her and marry her. Don't start an illegal relationship that God does not recognise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ojuolu(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. *I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.*

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

I don't know why I feel you have answered your questions in your submission. Please note the bolded in your write up.
Please close your eyes, look elsewhere.
When opportunity come where you are not likely to be burnt, you may consider her...no hard feelings, just my gut telling me this...and it always 95% right.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Luak(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

If you are confident she will accept the job, and that you can attest for her conduct and character, recommend her. Once she starts working, relate with her as if you have never been romantically involved. You future is still evolving, the decisions you make now may make or mar your tomorrow. Be guided and be prayerful also. Best wishes
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by BruncleZuma: 5:26pm On May 20, 2021
Mind your business
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by luminouz(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2021
Kemers13:
U are a man. Let d past b and help her for u dnt know tomorrow. God bless u more as u do so, amen.

What's doing this one? undecided

The story is fake BTW. No ballsy nigga would ever come online to ask such mumu question.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
Bro can I send you a DM, I have a female friend that really need a job.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by tunapawizzy: 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
From your responses, looks like u r still emotionally attached to the babe..u can lie to us but be true to urself, if u still like the babe, don't do it...Office romance 9 out of 10 times never ends well.
If u had come out straight to ask if u should take her back(insteading of this hide n seek u r playing with us), i for tell u where they they sell sense.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Micval: 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
You want to mess your life up I guess,na that your Ex go finally cause your downfall,you better let the past rest

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ArticleBeast: 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
Dont make the mistake of giving her the role. If it were in another organization that is okay but not in yours. because very soon you will be on streets with your CV

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by luminouz(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
Genesiis:
Help her, but stay away from her, always take a different route that'll make her not see you at all. Lastly, stay away from boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

If at all you're having it in mind to get back to her, then do it the right way, forgive her and marry her. Don't start an illegal relationship that God does not recognise.

Damn...this is so messed up.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ojuolu(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type o

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. *I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.*

I don't know why I feel you have answered your questions in your submission. Please note the bolded in your write up.
Please close your eyes, look elsewhere.
When opportunity come where you are not likely to be burnt, you may consider her...no hard feelings, just my gut telling me this...and it always 95% right.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by AsianTotal: 5:28pm On May 20, 2021
Please OP, Give Her The Job. You Have. A Good Heart, Recommend Her To Your Boss.
She Will Be The One To Type Your Sack Letter Within A Year.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by gratiaeo(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2021
Op don't say i no tell you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Richieniit: 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
paulolee:
please you guys should stop talking exes as if they are demons because we are all exes to other exes..
Mr op..if she suits the job and have a nice character, you can recommend her to the job to help her better her life..
seems u are scared of you both coming back again but I dnt see any issue here because its all about self control..
but if she is dt type dt promiscuous type would come n start opening legs to all the male workers n mayb start dating ur boss n ask him to fire u, dnt recommend her because no work for this contry again o..

This guy no wan move on... Even if him no get sister why on earth recommend her to work on same company if not he still want to keep good closeness

Everything no he village people oh lol
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Scientist007: 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
My opinion would have been that you recommend her, until I saw the ' My place of work clause'.... Were it to be somewhere else, I would have said you recommend her. But in your place of work? Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by sylve11: 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
Kondomatic:
Bad idea.

Secondly, I don't like to have people that know me well anywhere near where I earn a living, there's now 11 Judas in every 12..

He who has ears , let him hear. cool
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by armadeo(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
SmellySperm:
You're still missing her. Recommend other female friends pls and let her go for good,if she be better gal she for no leave you

No mind the guy.

The things people open threads for sha.

The fact she came first to his mind means he wants back in...after 3 years.

Op she will take the job and tell you thanks finish. If you expect more than that dont even bother to recommend her. That's my advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BAT Test By Kimberly-Ryan / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.