Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27534 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Nobody: 4:14am On May 20, 2021
Na she go sack you from the job.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:41am On May 20, 2021
You have not gotten over her, you are thinking she could come back because of the money you have got, she left you probably because you are not her type, but you can't get over someone who has for real gotten over you, maybe she wasn't even into you while dating, you see this as an opportunity to be seeing her again, the thing is she is going to be grateful for your help but she is going to know you are trying to bring her back using the irresistible weapon, usually things like this don't end well, at some point, you may be asking yourself why you did what you did, you can help people but do it with the right reasons

8 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by InformationPro(f): 5:07am On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.

Did you come across the thread where a lady lost her job because she advised a friend to stop messing around with the boss? Note that she helped this friend secure the job in the organization.

I think it would be an act of shooting oneself on the leg to recommend her for this job. However, if you are sure that she is a changed person, you can recommend her for the job.

If you are not sure of the aforementioned paragraph, can you please recommend me for the job? Consider this a plea from a desperate job seeker, whose village people have held spell bound for a while, but no mas! On your request, I could send you a PM with my CV and I can assure you with my full chest that your boss would eulogise you on a daily basis for making such a viable recommendation.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Michelle55: 9:38am On May 20, 2021
Is the position still available? angry since everyone is against you recommending your ex for the job, kukuma gimme nau. I no be ya ex
Bia, the guy above me, why are you trying to steal my shine? undecided didn't you see where it's stipulated that it's a vagina sumbori that's needed or are you trying to do transgender because of the job? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by femi4: 9:57am On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Get another person that is qualified. It will affect your concentration at work and your opinion about her work related performance won't be without bias if she's eventually employed

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Forthispost: 2:45pm On May 20, 2021
femi4:
Get another person that is qualified. It will affect your concentration at work and your opinion about her work related performance won't be without bias if she's eventually employed

Thank you. I beginning to think it's a bad idea to recommend her

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by timibare(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

baba Biko recommend me pls.... timibare@yahoo.com
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by MiztaPepperoni(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2021
Mizta OP, just as you say na only 5% from village people go make her no get the job, na so 95% of your village people wan use you carry your ex girlfriend give her job for the same place you dey work.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Firefox01: 5:12pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

The fact that you work there should be enough motivation not to recommend her. At the end of the day, she'll start fucking your boss and eventually get you sacked.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by urchcoded(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2021
Gutter reasoning. There is no way you'll tell me she's the only one you know that suits that position. She broke up with you without any tangible reason, you were heartbroken, she no send. Obviously she never loved you, she has just been using you since and you are of no use anymore to her that's why she broke up with you without no tangible reason since you said you were a good partner. She actually thinks you are not worth it and I don't know why you would recommend such person for a job. Unless of course you ain't shit. There are a lot of people you know you can recommend for that job, recommend dem and if you think she's going to pity you and start dating you again because you gave her a job, sorry because it would still end in premium tears.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2021
Wetin happen to your current girlfriend, is she not good enough for the job?

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by rayray2020(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOHwWMsy-ac

GET THE BEAT, HIT ME UP ON WHATSAPP

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2021
paulolee:
please you guys should stop talking exes as if they are demons because we are all exes to other exes..
Mr op..if she suits the job and have a nice character, you can recommend her to the job to help her better her life..
seems u are scared of you both coming back again but I dnt see any issue here because its all about self control..
but if she is dt type dt promiscuous type would come n start opening legs to all the male workers n mayb start dating ur boss n ask him to fire u, dnt recommend her because no work for this contry again o..
This is exactly what I wanted to type. You don talk am.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ghettochild(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2021
You will regret it
No be this place we see girl wey help her friend with job n she started dating the boss n the helper got fired..
I am sure this girl will get u fired Las Las
Abeg look for ur family member or colleagues from university n recommend dey for the job.
If u help this ex
Am 100% sure she will carry shoulder for u..
Or pic if ur boss begins to date her
Anyways a word is enough For the wise

8 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by kingofthenorth: 5:16pm On May 20, 2021
Bro, u are playing with fire... She will date your boss and get you sacked. Better dont go back to the past else you will pay dearly for it..

5 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:17pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Hmmmm. She might not oh.
look through your family, there's someone that may qualify for the job.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by tunapawizzy: 5:17pm On May 20, 2021
Godada:

Don't you have a sister or someone else? You gotta actually move on from a relationship that crashed
did u read his post completely? That he has moved on does not mean he cannot help an ex. Howvever he should protect himself as much as possible. If its such a sensitive position where the lady's misbehaviour can affect his own job, make e pass

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ofiko123(m): 5:18pm On May 20, 2021
Your Ex girlfriend is in the past...you better move on....

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Morenikeji070: 5:18pm On May 20, 2021
True... but character is like a flame no matter what the flame still gonna act up..
TJaguar:
Recommend her for the job.. But discuss with her the importance of her being of good character.. You would be saving a soul!!! I mean; she was your ex doesn't mean she is a bad person..
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Stakeholders(m): 5:18pm On May 20, 2021
I commend your thinking effort Mr OP. Some people do not understand that some things happen for reasons. Please try to talk to her if she will accept the Job and give her conditions that be fit you. It seems you are afraid of her coming back to your life, if that is what you are scaring of discuss it with her and stay firm but please don't let some people make you feel like she's your enemy. Some people are just in our life to teach us lessons they are not to make life partner. Once you have that mindset then you are free.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by tunapawizzy: 5:18pm On May 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You should ask yourself if this same so called EX can do the same for you.... Don't cross river for someone that will never cross gutter for you.
I dont think Life works this way, most times we reap somewhere and sow elsewhere
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You should ask yourself if this same so called EX can do the same for you.... Don't cross river for someone that will never cross gutter for you.
Hmm I like that adage oh. I don learn oh.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by MrHighSea: 5:19pm On May 20, 2021
Let sleeping dog....

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by captainking(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Forthispost..listeen to this advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by ahiboilandgas: 5:19pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

you don't have sisters ,cousins ,family,neighbours etc na the one that will eventually lead to you sack wan bring ....continue it will end in premium tears

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by godguy: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

I was once in your shoe, I recommended her for the job, she got the job. But she NEVER told me thank you. she felt i used the job to compensate her.

Even during my wedding, this girl did not attend or send me congratulation or wedding gift. I had to put her behind me.

Ordinary thank you did not come from her.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by AmgrayLogistics: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
Ok

Amgray Logistics
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Finchmgh: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
Pierocash:
Forget about her. Did it ever occured to her that she will need you someday?

They misbehave a lot,that was how my ex behaved too,she changed during her youth service and I had to breakup with her.

If there is no one to recommend aside her,let the space waste.

This bitches are wicked and heartless. She wouldn't recommend you if she were to be in your shoe,she has other guys she preferred above you,so don't do same for her
I love this man.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Morenikeji070: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
True. But character is like a flame someone can't cover it..
Ptolemy22:
You guys broke up 3 years ago and still on talking terms.

Means she is not entirely a bad person.

We should normalise the fact that our exes are not devils, they are humans.

You've said she fit the job so make the move for her.

I understand that you're scared and stuff, but, come on bro, give her this thing.

Or you're still not over the relationship yet .

Forget the comments of those bitter simps on this thread and give her the freaking job.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Karozy: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

My guy, if am to advise you I will say don’t try it, don’t recommend her for the job so it doesn’t end with story that touch, some of these ladies are big ingrate, they pretend to be humble when they are broke but the moment they have some money or influence you see the real side of them, she might come into that company and your life will be a living hell, leave her where is currently working, if you don’t have anyone else then let it slide.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by uncleck: 5:20pm On May 20, 2021
It's obvious you still like her. If that is the case, recommend her. It's not a crime if you get back together.

But you must bear in mind that you're doing it purely for charity. Don't hope on anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BAT Test By Kimberly-Ryan / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. / FRSC Recruitment: Applicant Faints In Kogi, Others In Critical Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.