Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,315 members, 7,839,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? (27566 Views)

My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story / Please Help Me Confirm If This Job Invitation Is Real!! / Are You Interested In This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Chevrolet076(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:
Obviously you are the one that was dumped. In fact you endured many bad treatments while dating her but your hunger for her punana will not make you to dump her. Eventually she dumped yourself,it pained but you eventually accepted that she was gone but you still greet her and call her thinking that she may look your direction and consider you again. But she did not. Now you are looking for an opportunity to bring her under you by giving a job. You think she will be grateful and open wide for you after. Now let me tell you this: she will not. In fact she may plot your removal from that job. So if you still have some sense in that your stupidity infested skull, walk away. For good. Don't give her any job opportunity.

Shey this bashing isn't too much like this...

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Lonelypacifist6: 6:35pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:
Hello Nairalanders. I need your honest feedback on this issue.

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.
I was pained though but I had to forgive her and move on.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Kindly advice biko. Bashing is allowed.
Don't recommend her! Lot's of things are involved. She might become a headache, facilitate your exit, get in some shady deal damage your reputation.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Bahamas95(m): 6:37pm On May 20, 2021
OP to slap you dey hungry me.

Why are you showing concern for a b1tch that doesn't give a damn about you?.....Even if she is jobless leave her to take care of herself. You will regret if you make that mumu mistake.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by joeking2222: 6:37pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

There is this ex of mine I dated for approximately 4 years. During the course of our relationship, I Was totally in my best power not to be the toxic one and never cheated on her but she eventually left with no viable reason. There were times she messed up and I forgave her even while we dated.
Close to the time of her graduation from a reputable state university in Nigeria, she started messing up and eventually broke up the relationship.

After the break up (which is about 3 years away now) we still talk (greetings on phone) once in a blue moon.

Now the issue at hand is, a male boss of mine requested that I recommend a female staff that matches a particular vacant role in our organisation .
Note: This is an internal recruitment and who ever I recommend stand a 95% chance of getting employed ( the other 5% if for village people). The role is an entry role with pay centered around 80k-100k monthly. She currently earns 22k where she works now at at our last conversation. Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship. Over three years of not being close as before gives me no clue of the type of person she might have become now. Maybe a scorned woman or a more sensible person. I'm doing far better than when she left me and it's super glaring to her.

The reason why I need advice is this: I work at the same organisation in question and I have no plan to leave soon. I'm trying to avoid a case where she will be the one to facilitate any issue for me at the said work place. Just avoiding anything that will result in regrets.

Update: I forgot to add, she's one of the person I know who suits the role. I don't have sister who matches the role.

I created this new account for just this thread hence the moniker "for this post"

Brother, abeg i fit recommend my blood sister? Na banking and finance she study for school. Thanks in advance bro.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by deavicky(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

it appears to me like you are now the 5% village people.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by AfroBeatDiary: 6:39pm On May 20, 2021
Don't recommend her, if you do, she will fvcck your boss and ruin your reputation.

Forthispost:

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Oludara202: 6:43pm On May 20, 2021
It's kinda hard, wish it were a different firm. Quite risky for me.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Commanderinpips: 6:45pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Bros,please don't o she may cause your downfall in that organization. May GOD allowed her to leave you so you can fulfill your destiny just saying ,but above all please be guided by your inner witness
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Olakunleyakub(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2021
This is double edge sword case.

Women are the most unpredictable gender av ever seen in my entire life.

Nobody knows the help might turn out to be positive for you but what is mostly certain is that she might eventually gang up against you later when is she is feels more comfortable in the organization and especially when you refused to her biddings again and by accident she get closer to one of your boss.

Honestly speaking,it is good to be kind and help people in a difficult situations but I will advise you pray over it and follow what your spirit tells you.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by jnat: 6:52pm On May 20, 2021
She will end up sacking you when you bring her in. Borrow sense,bro.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by hstar: 6:54pm On May 20, 2021
ok
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by dadalicious: 7:04pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

I know you have got alot of advice.
But take this last one.
If it is same company big NO.
Dont bring her in abeg
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by SweetVibe: 7:05pm On May 20, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:
Obviously you are the one that was dumped. In fact you endured many bad treatments while dating her but your hunger for her punana will not make you to dump her. Eventually she dumped yourself,it pained but you eventually accepted that she was gone but you still greet her and call her thinking that she may look your direction and consider you again. But she did not. Now you are looking for an opportunity to bring her under you by giving a job. You think she will be grateful and open wide for you after. Now let me tell you this: she will not. In fact she may plot your removal from that job. So if you still have some sense in that your stupidity infested skull, walk away. For good. Don't give her any job opportunity.
Forthispost… this is the best advice you should read
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by gr8cany: 7:05pm On May 20, 2021
Op, I pity you. Why:
I can bet you still love the girl
2. You will definitely regret bringing her into that organization
3. Pretentious love remains pretentious forever
4. Men have 50 percent of reciprocating love, women have 5 percent only if they genuinely have one at the beginning.

Recommendation
1. If you never cheated on her, played cool to her and she still left you, stop hypnotising your mind and cancel any form of gentleman you may wish to render her.
2. Check youself well, if your were the cause of her leaving.. Help out as much as u can
3. Analyse statistics, make good inferences about your over the years relationship and take your decision
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by saphiere(f): 7:06pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Give her the slot. God will bless you.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by elbulk(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Talk with her to know if present state of mind won't put you in trouble. Follow your guts and don't deny her the position just because she's your ex.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Issues2(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2021
Go ahead and help her with the job is not good to pay evil with evil just over look everything and help her God's speed
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by anslemarinze52(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2021
Help someone if you can and forget about the bad thoughts
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Timblaze(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2021
Oga move on! only if you want to regret, she has move on long ago.so u don't have cousins or friend of a friend.that is fit for the job?. OK just make up with her.no body will challenge u. grin shocked cool
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by UncleKoboko: 7:15pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

At bolded, I don't advise idiot criminals.
Opening new account is a crime...
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Watinhapen(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2021
Hi poster,

I usually read offline but I had to login to comment on your post.

If you know what is good for you don’t recommend your ex to the same place you’re working. If it were another office, you can do that but bringing her to the same office you work is very dangerous. Many things can go wrong and you could be sacked at the end.

If your ex loved you enough, she won’t leave you for no good reason in the first place. Your ex won’t even think about you if she was in your position. Let’s assume she finally come to your office, have you think that she can start dating your boss and tell your boss that you two had something before. Your boss could get jealous and sack you for no good reason.

Be wise and be careful not to put yourself in trouble while trying to be a good guy.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by poweredcom(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2021
@mosdii and @womenareapes1

Come and see brother wey mumu ...

Thinking that helping an ex will make her love him back hahaha Bros this one na last mugu on the last train for where woman matter de
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Lighthammer(m): 7:28pm On May 20, 2021
Bossman dont do it..it is dangerous...it's like sitting down on a seat wired with explosive and timed.sooner or later the countdown will reach zero and boom.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by eddynaira125: 7:29pm On May 20, 2021
Your ex will date your boss and she will recommend your sack letter simple

Don't ask me how
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Kultee(f): 7:29pm On May 20, 2021
angry
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by InvertedHammer: 7:32pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

. ..Though she use to be a cool person before her village people entered the relationship....

/
Life na turn by turn.

Then was her village people.
Now is your village people.

Last last two of you will become unemployed. grin

/
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Emmako007(m): 7:33pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

Hmmmmm. You are very correct. I don't like office romance too
I'm in need of a job, I'm done with NYSC and currently doing nothing. Please could you help me with this Job?
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Lighthammer(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2021
She may end up dating your boss and you know women nw,she will definitely tell ur boss that u have dated before and ur boss may started seeing u as a competition,then the serenic ambience will become disturbed
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by princillin: 7:35pm On May 20, 2021
Refer her Good
Teach her Digital marketing Better
Enroll her into affiliate market Best
http://www.itsdollar.com/register.php?referral=Reflex
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by DonCortino: 7:46pm On May 20, 2021
Forthispost:

probably the reason why u guys still keep in touch after the break up is that you will help her out in life or she will.

Give her the opportunity! it won't take anything away from you.
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by InformationPro(f): 7:58pm On May 20, 2021
Wittyduchess:
They said female staff, guy shift ,let female nairalanders shine jor.

Forthispost I think you are suffering from " the one that got away " syndrome.

And you are sure I am not a lady, right? Even if I am an hermaphrodite, I think you should allow me shoot my shot!
Re: Should I Recommend Ex Girlfriend For This Job? by Fanuchi007: 8:14pm On May 20, 2021
Don't do it brother. She might start dating your boss. And if ur Boss finds out she is your ex, he will feel you are a threat to his ego. Am not against you helping her, but am against her working in d same place with you. Think hard, there must be a girl that has helped you b4 and deserves you to help her now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. / FRSC Recruitment: Applicant Faints In Kogi, Others In Critical Condition / MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.