Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price (35211 Views)

Mele Kyari: ₦‎170/Litre Fuel Price Is Impossible / El-rufai Attacks Govs Over Strike, NGF Mulls N380/litre Fuel Price / FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 20, 2021
Petacephas:
These thieves in government are looking for what they can't carry. Increasing the pump price of fuel is a suicide mission. The people are already in pains and the best u can do is increase the pains abi. Shortcut is all they think. Why can't u checkmate smuggling and fix the refineries. Useless government

1.Smuggling: Fuel costs over 300 naira in all neighbouring African countries to Nigeria...meanwhile fuel costs N165 here. Unless you want to close the borders totally...and even then it won't work...smuggling will continue under such conditions.(There is the lies being told for subsidy claims too)

2. As for refinereis...Port Harcourt refinery is being fixed.
But it is one thing to fix the refienreis, it is another thing to run them profitably. Selling fuel below its production cost, and then paying a subsidy to cover the difference....means that there isn't enough cash to maintain and repair the refienreis.
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Lordpeckxy(m): 12:04pm On May 20, 2021
Ikomfreshest:

The person who stole my money
Confirm name:
- Desmond Agbor Ojong
Fidelity Bank -
How much did he steal??
What do you want to do about it?
Bring proof of theft.
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Ikomfreshest: 12:11pm On May 20, 2021
Lordpeckxy:

Confirm name:
- Desmond Agbor Ojong
Fidelity Bank -
How much did he steal??
What do you want to do about it?
Bring proof of theft.
He stole my 150k sir

Please I done have any prove... But they are witnesses
Confirmed one

He ran away ever since and is not even in town

Please just help me
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 20, 2021
How many times has this administration removed fuel subsidy?

They should rehabilitate the refineries, this fuel hike is a fraud.

Let them repair the refineries and resume local production, importation of petroleum products is unrealistic given the current state of the naira.
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 20, 2021
quentin06:
How many times has this administration removed fuel subsidy?

So long as government sets the price of fuel, there is a subsidy. Once you get that, you will understand why subsidy has not gone.

In brief, government removes subsides by rising the price of fuel to a point where they can keep subsidsing it.

(EG...In 2010, FUEL cost N65, and it cost government at least N33 to subsidise it. Government eventually raised the price to N99 per liter in 2011, and subsidy costs went down to N2 per liter...by 2015, THAT same subsidy cost was N32...meaning prices had to go up to N145...removing subsidy...till the ACTUAL cost of fuel went above N160, then back came the subsidy...and so on.

Now, it costs N76 to keep fuel at N162 per liter...and the cost is rising.

They should rehabilitate the refineries, this fuel hike is a fraud.

Port HARCOURT refinery is being rehabbed. Dangote and at least 4-5 others are building new private refineries, and there are 20 others who have been licensed to set up refineries.

Plus fuel hike means that the refienreis can be run at a profit...which means more money to pay for repairs and upgrades...which crucially won't come from government pocket (Privatising NNPC makes it all the more better)
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Lordpeckxy(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2021
Ikomfreshest:

He stole my 150k sir

Please I done have any prove... But they are witnesses
Confirmed one

He ran away ever since and is not even in town

Please just help me
Is that his name??
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by signz: 12:20pm On May 20, 2021
I still remember how NOI, Sanusi, Diezani, etc held town hall meetings in all geopolitical zones explaining and literally begging Nigerians that we must end Fuel subsidy. Most Nigerians believed Opposition politicians and morally corrupt intellectuals that there was nothing like subsidy. Social media influencers were also paid to come and lie.

Ngwanu look at us about to buy fuel 380 per litre because NNPC have said there won't be money for FAAC for 3 months because of subsidy.

Nigeria committed suicide when we rejected subsidy removal in 2012.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2021
signz:
I still remember how NOI, Sanusi, Diezani, etc held town hall meetings in all geopolitical zones explaining and literally begging Nigerians that we must end Fuel subsidy. Most Nigerians believed Opposition politicians and morally corrupt intellectuals that there was nothing like subsidy. Social media influencers were also paid to come and lie.

Ngwanu look at us about to buy fuel 380 per litre because NNPC have said there won't be money for FAAC for 3 months because of subsidy.

Nigeria committed suicide when we rejected subsidy removal in 2012.

Harsh truth.

Lord knows I did not back PDP back then. But in 2012, I finally understood why subsidy was bad for Nigeria.

But Nigerians did not see afar...all they saw was fuel will now cost N140.....

We should have removed subsidy in 2012...completely. By now, we would have gone through some intial bad economic things...but by now, things would have started improving.

But we said no, and now here we are...taking a medicine we should have taken ages ago.
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Ikomfreshest: 12:25pm On May 20, 2021
Lordpeckxy:

Is that his name??
Yes that is his name
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Tianamen1: 12:50pm On May 20, 2021
Lazycapitalist3:

1.Smuggling: Fuel costs over 300 naira in all neighbouring African countries to Nigeria...meanwhile fuel costs N165 here. Unless you want to close the borders totally...and even then it won't work...smuggling will continue under such conditions.(There is the lies being told for subsidy claims too)

2. As for refinereis...Port Harcourt refinery is being fixed.
But it is one thing to fix the refienreis, it is another thing to run them profitably. Selling fuel below its production cost, and then paying a subsidy to cover the difference....means that there isn't enough cash to maintain and repair the refienreis.

The CFA used to be 3 CFA = 1 Naira. the CFA is now 1.10 = 1 naira. that is the naira's value against the CFA is 1/3 what it used to be.

in 2012, if a litre of fuel cost 270 CFA in Benin republic, that liter in the past would have been 90 Naira here. in 2021, if a litre of fuel cost 270 CFA in Benin republic, that liter would cost about 260 Naira.

The value of the Naira is falling as opposed to the price of producing fuel rising. the naira would keep falling even if we remove subsidies and start refining crude oil here. the main culprit is the flamboyant lifestyles of the middle and higher class Nigerian.

Removing subsidies without taxing the rich only punishes the poor in perpetuity.
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Tianamen1: 12:54pm On May 20, 2021
Lazycapitalist3:

Harsh truth.

Lord knows I did not back PDP back then. But in 2012, I finally understood why subsidy was bad for Nigeria.

But Nigerians did not see afar...all they saw was fuel will now cost N140.....

We should have removed subsidy in 2012...completely. By now, we would have gone through some intial bad economic things...but by now, things would have started improving.

But we said no, and now here we are...taking a medicine we should have taken ages ago.

Buhari removed subsidies in 2016 when oil prices fell and the price of petrol was raised to 140. how many refineries were built. how many government protocol cars and new houses were purchased?
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by VULCAN(m): 2:09pm On May 20, 2021
You are getting warmer now. Drop it all.

Drop all his details everywhere. Instagram, FB eg.

If the money is more than 150k then approach the police as they have a unit that tracks people via their phone number.

They charge minimum 50k for tracking

Ikomfreshest:

Do you want his name? Desmond Agbor
Account: 6550148646
BVN: 22301820730
I can give you his number if he will pick your call at all
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by kowa1(m): 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
I could have leaf this country in 2015
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by malvisguy212: 6:38pm On May 20, 2021
post=101872149:

El-Rufai, name names.
Our own is that every worker should be paid for their sweat at the due time..... so says the Holy Book.

Furthermore.....
The good workers among them should be recalled, but for the evil and devilish nurses that removed the oxygen from the face of a 3 day old baby in the incubator, they will not only be sacked permanently with their Nursing License revoked, but they will spend a long time in prison.

Those ones are not nurses, they are murderers.
If you are in support of such act, you are nothing but a heartless murderers also.

We Rise!

Keep shut gently..... okay?!
Kids are always ignored here! wink

Hmmmm, this is deep!
You have made some good salient points here sir..
You have a very good point in what you raised here also.
You are a wise man.

Btw,
we no be Sir o,
We are simply WE.

God bless you Chief Harjay.
God bless Nigeria.
I told you but you insulted me. Hellrufai lied. No oxygen was ever removed from the child, hellrufai wanted to draw people like you attention. You have sold your right as a thinking christian. https://www.nairaland.com/6562136/kaduna-oxygen-wasnt-removed-baby
Re: El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 21, 2021

So long as government sets the price of fuel, there is a subsidy. Once you get that, you will understand why subsidy has not gone.

In brief, government removes subsides by rising the price of fuel to a point where they can keep subsidsing it.

(EG...In 2010, FUEL cost N65, and it cost government at least N33 to subsidise it. Government eventually raised the price to N99 per liter in 2011, and subsidy costs went down to N2 per liter...by 2015, THAT same subsidy cost was N32...meaning prices had to go up to N145...removing subsidy...till the ACTUAL cost of fuel went above N160, then back came the subsidy...and so on.

Now, it costs N76 to keep fuel at N162 per liter...and the cost is rising.

Port HARCOURT refinery is being rehabbed. Dangote and at least 4-5 others are building new private refineries, and there are 20 others who have been licensed to set up refineries.

Plus fuel hike means that the refienreis can be run at a profit...which means more money to pay for repairs and upgrades...which crucially won't come from government pocket (Privatising NNPC makes it all the more better)

I beg to differ, there is beauty in competition, isue licenses to people who have the capacity to build and run refineries not cronies, we cant be at the mercy of 1 person who is obviously not ready to build a refinery.

Dont have to build a gigantic refinery, modular ones are better and cost effective, fule prices will reduce cos the raw material is sourced locally not imported, we shall also save forex which is the real reson why they keep increasing prices to meet up with dollar .

Please be objective in your argument, this country is too big for refineries, I thing govt should hands off completely like they did to telecoms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Second Niger Bridge / I Wish Buhari Greeted Me On My Birthday, Says Fayose / Mosquito Can Cause Malaria - Obaseki To Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.