Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Faith, Changes & Tolerance - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith, Changes & Tolerance (3898 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

So you just invented this right? I need to know, is it JW teaching that Jesus could eat with Pharisees but he commanded his followers not to do the same? The way you guys insult Jesus ehh. So basically you are saying Jesus Christ does not practice what he preached.
This is the second time you are saying Jesus Christ did not practice what he preached. I remember you told me that Jesus Christ did not love the world.

Ọmọ i did not tell you i quoted Jesus directly:

Read John 17:8-9 in any Bible of your choice.

As for eating with Pharisees they were setting a trap for Jesus but he warned his disciples not to try the same that's why you can't find anywhere in the Bible that Jesus' disciples ate with Pharisees! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ i did not tell you i quoted Jesus directly:

Read John 17:8-9 in any Bible of your choice.

As for eating with Pharisees they were setting a trap for Jesus but he warned his disciples not to try the same that's why you can't find anywhere in the Bible that Jesus' disciples ate with Pharisees! wink

There are 2 choses here. 1. Jesus is a hypocrite who does not practice what he teaches. 2. You misunderstood the scriptures.
I choose 2. You completely misunderstood the scriptures. Jesus Christ is not a hypocrite.
Jesus Christ never commanded us to do something that he could not do. That is why he is the way. We follow his examples. If he ate with the Pharisees, it means you failed to understand the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

All the practical application are in the verses I quoted. Or don't you believe the bible anymore. I no dey qoute Quran 4 you my guy.

Satan quotes God's word nah {Matthew 4:6 compare to Psalms 91:11-12} but what about the practical application of what he quoted?
There was never a time faithful servants of God intentionally endangered their lives to test God {Matthew 4:7 compare to Deuteronomy 6:16} so Jesus can present God's servants who applied what he's saying practically but Satan can't. Why? Because Satan hates anyone obeying God's word so he can't present any practical application of what he's quoting! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Satan quotes God's word nah {Matthew 4:6 compare to Psalms 91:11-12} but what about the practical application of what he quoted?
There was never a time faithful servants of God intentionally endangered their lives to test God {Matthew 4:7 compare to Deuteronomy 6:16} so Jesus can present God's servants who applied what he's saying practically but Satan can't. Why? Because Satan hates anyone obeying God's word so he can't present any practical application of what he's quoting! wink

Oga stop the distraction. One thing at a time.
Now back to the discussion.

And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

God does not stop loving us even when we turn our backs from him.

2 Likes

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

There are 2 choses here. 1. Jesus is a hypocrite who does not practice what he teaches. 2. You misunderstood the scriptures.
I choose 2. You completely misunderstood the scriptures. Jesus Christ is not a hypocrite.
Jesus Christ never commanded us to do something that he could not do. That is why he is the way. We follow his examples. If he ate with the Pharisees, it means you failed to understand the scriptures.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit that a book was written titled "Act Of Apostles" at least Jesus practiced so many things that we can't do because he's a god who can read the minds of his host {Luke 7:39-40} but whatever his first century disciples practiced surely it's meant to be taken as norms for all his disciples! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Thank God for the Holy Spirit that a book was written titled "Act Of Apostles" at least Jesus practiced so many things that we can't do because he's a god who can read the minds of his host {Luke 7:39-40} but whatever his first century disciples practiced surely it's meant to be taken as norms for all his disciples! wink
Now you mean to say that the book of Act of the Apostles was where Christians are taught not to eat with Pharisees. Interesting. What verse.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Oga stop the distraction. One thing at a time.
Now back to the discussion.

And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

God does not stop loving us even when we turn our backs from him.

Do those who turned their backs on God's word told you they came back BEGGING to be accepted back but were rejected? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Now you mean to say that the book of Act of the Apostles was where Christians are taught not to eat with Pharisees. Interesting. What verse.
You're quoting where Jesus ate with Pharisees oya quote where his disciples did the same in the book of their ACTS nah!

If i say you don't know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION you want to argue! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do those who turned their backs on God's word told you they came back BEGGING to be accepted back but were rejected? cheesy
The son was accepted even before he asked for forgiveness. It was the father that ran to him at sighting him. So again you are wrong.
In the story of the lost sheep, it was the shepherd that went searching for the sheep.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're quoting where Jesus ate with Pharisees oya quote where his disciples did the same in the book of their ACTS nah!

If i say you don't know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION you want to argue! cheesy
Stupid question. Oya you quote where the apostles refused to eat with Pharisees in Acts.
You asked a question as if you have any verse to show otherwise.
Stop asking questions that you can't answer when it is turned over to you

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

The son was accepted even before he asked for forgiveness. It was the father that ran to him at sighting him. So again you are wrong.
In the story of the lost sheep, it was the shepherd that went searching for the sheep.

WRONG QUOTATION AGAIN! cheesy

Did God apply His love the way you're saying when the Israelites turned to idolatry? cheesy

Ọmọ humble yourself and we will teach you otherwise you will continue to argue but you won't find the practical application anywhere! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

WRONG QUOTATION AGAIN! cheesy

Did God apply His love the way you're saying when the Israelites turned to idolatry? cheesy

Ọmọ humble yourself and we will teach you otherwise you will continue to argue but you won't find the practical application anywhere! cheesy
Which one is wrong quotation. Let me quote it word for word to prove your lies.

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
As usual I am right.
The Father did not wait for apologies. Seeing his son was too overwhelming

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Stupid question. Oya you quote where the apostles refused to eat with Pharisees in Acts.
You asked a question as if you have any verse to show otherwise. Stop asking questions that you can't answer when it is turned over to you

Ọmọ go and sleep i be your Papa for application of God's word.

Jesus Christ is a god who can read the minds of his host so even though they had any evil intention Jesus will tell them what they're thinking but his disciples can't do that so he warned them to distance themselves from Pharisees {Matthew 16:6-12} PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what he said: you can never find where Jesus' disciples ate with Pharisees! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Which one is wrong quotation. Let me quote it word for word to prove your lies.

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
As usual I am right.
The Father did not wait for apologies. Seeing his son was too overwhelming

Is that how God acted when Israelites turn to Idolatry by making a golden calf or He destroyed them? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ go and sleep i be your Papa for application of God's word.

Jesus Christ is a god who can read the minds of his host so even though they had any evil intention Jesus will tell them what they're thinking but his disciples can't do that so he warned them to distance themselves from Pharisees {Matthew 16:6-12} PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what he said: you can never find where Jesus' disciples ate with Pharisees! wink
As usual you can't answer the question you asked. I was hoping you would show me where the disciples rejected Pharisees food in Act. But then true to JW fashion you started boasting. Comedy.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is that how God acted when Israelites turn to Idolatry by making a golden calf or He destroyed them? cheesy
You are not the one to teach God how to act. The story of the lost sheep tells it all. He lost a sheep and went all out looking for it. Leaving the rest. Learn wisdom from that story. The kingdom rejoices when a single lost soul is found.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

As usual you can't answer the question you asked. I was hoping you would show me where the disciples rejected Pharisees food in Act. But then true to JW fashion you started boasting. Comedy.

I will always boast because you can only quote but you can't present any group practicing what you're saying meaning you don't understand what you're quoting.

Chinese can't speak English fluently like most Nigerians but when it comes to technology they know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of all what they're saying in Chinese.

That's the truth! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I will always boast because you can only quote but you can't present any group practicing what you're saying meaning you don't understand what you're quoting.

Chinese can't speak English fluently like most Nigerians but when it comes to technology they know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of all what they're saying in Chinese.

That's the truth! wink
What does speaking English have to do with tech. Oga are you ok?

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

You are not the one to teach God how to act. The story of the lost sheep tells it all. He lost a sheep and went all out looking for it. Leaving the rest. Learn wisdom from that story. The kingdom rejoices when a single lost soul is found.

Hen nah show where such applies in the story of this God you're talking about if you truly understand nah? cheesy

I quoted where He destroyed backsliders and where His son said he will not take pleasure in backsliders but you feel you know better.

Oya quote where what you're saying is practically applicable to this God throughout the Bible nah, if you understand! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's the truth! wink
Jesus Christ was never a hypocrite. I understand it is hard for you to accept this but it is true. He asked us to follow him because he would not deceive us. He wouldn't teach something and do another.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

What does speaking English have to do with tech. Oga are you ok?

Speaking English is like reading textbooks written by westerners so a Nigerian can argue from now till tomorrow claiming he knows better than the Chinese but ask them to practice what they're saying that's when Mr grammar will end up presenting nothing while the Chinese starts making things better making better things! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Hen nah show where such applies in the story of this God you're talking about if you truly understand nah? cheesy

I quoted where He destroyed backsliders and where His son said he will not take pleasure in backsliders but you feel you know better.

Oya quote where what you're saying is practically applicable to this God throughout the Bible nah, if you understand! cheesy
Was I quoting from the dictionary before. What does destroying sinner have to do with our topic sir. Everyone must ultimately die. Did Moses not also die? God would finally take all our lives so that has nothing to do with the present topic. At his own time and way, he would take back the live he gave us. This does not mean he stopped loving us. So again, foolish argument.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Speaking English is like reading textbooks written by westerners so a Nigerian can argue from now till tomorrow claiming he knows better than the Chinese but ask them to practice what they're saying that's when Mr grammar will end up presenting nothing while the Chinese starts making things better making better things! wink
You are ignorant. Science is not taught only in English. And your example has nothing to do with our discussion.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Jesus Christ was never a hypocrite. I understand it is hard for you to accept this but it is true. He asked us to follow him because he would not deceive us. He wouldn't teach something and do another.

No wahala oya present where his disciples ate with Pharisees nah!

Abi Jesus, his disciples and Pharisees all lived in the first century and thank God that after his ascension to heaven Pharisees still exists in their group name.

So how come throughout their activities and ministry there was no record of disciples eating with Pharisees nah? cheesy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Was I quoting from the dictionary before. What does destroying sinner have to do with our topic sir. Everyone must ultimately die. Did Moses not also die? God would finally take all our lives so that has nothing to do with the present topic. At his own time and way, he would take back the live he gave us. This does not mean he stopped loving us. So again, foolish argument.

Sinners who were once worshipers of God but backslided nah abi you don forget? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

You are ignorant. Science is not taught only in English. And your example has nothing to do with our discussion.
That's exactly what i'm telling you.

Just because you can quote the Bible doesn't mean you understand what it says it's only when you're able to present the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what this book says that proves you understand it! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=120971047]

No wahala oya present where his disciples ate with Pharisees nah! Are you ok? I asked you to present where his disciples refused to eat and you can't. Stop asking a question you can't answer.

Abi Jesus, his disciples and Pharisees all lived in the first century and thank God that after his ascension to heaven Pharisees still exists in their group name.

So how come throughout their activities and ministry there was no record of disciples eating with Pharisees nah?
: Another foolish question. How come no record of any of his disciples on horse back so riding horse must be a sin. Stop being ridiculous.
Is the bible a record of culinary experiences?

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's exactly what i'm telling you.

Just because you can quote the Bible doesn't mean you understand what it says it's only when you're able to present the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what this book says that proves you understand it! wink
You are not making any sense. You idea of practical application is me telling you my church. If that is how it works, then all it takes is mentioning your church to be correct. Oga it does not work like that. You don't understand the meaning of practical application.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Sinners who were once worshipers of God but backslided nah abi you don forget? cheesy
Everyone would due do pointing to the death of some people does not prove that Jesus Christ stopped loving them.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Are you ok? I asked you to present where his disciples refused to eat and you can't. Stop asking a question you can't answer.

Another foolish question. How come no record of any of his disciples on horse back so riding horse must be a sin. Stop being ridiculous.
Is the bible a record of culinary experiences?
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

I don't think you're OK.

Jesus told his disciples to beware of food with Pharisees {Matthew 16:6} they later discovered that it's spiritual food that he was talking about {Matthew 16:12} so how do you think they will eat at all with those against whom their master gave a clear warning?

Jesus' disciples never ate with Pharisees so that's why they could say we should not eat with backsliders! 2John 10-11 wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

You are not making any sense. You idea of practical application is me telling you my church. If that is how it works, then all it takes is mentioning your church to be correct. Oga it does not work like that. You don't understand the meaning of practical application.

So who are those practically applying what you're trying to say? cheesy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Everyone would due do pointing to the death of some people does not prove that Jesus Christ stopped loving them.

OK even though God killed them he still love them shey? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Persecution Of Christians By M.U.S.LIMS And Others: A Wake Up Call / Has This Incidence Occur To Anyone? / Xtian Music Lovers Pls Help Me Identify This Song & Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.