Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Faith, Changes & Tolerance - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith, Changes & Tolerance (3900 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Wayward parents must die in the wilderness but their children below twenty years can reach the promised land! Numbers 14:29
cheesy
What does this have to do with anything? Please explain yourself. There is always punishment for sin so what are you suggesting?
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Matthew 16:6-12; Romans 16:17; 2John 10-11; Revelations 3:16 cheesy

These verses never said what you are saying. Did you read them before quoting lazy? On the other hand, Jesus associated with the woman in the well, a sinner. Just read your bible to clear your head.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

What does this have to do with anything? Please explain yourself. There is always punishment for sin so what are you suggesting?

So their punishment means destruction in the wilderness while their children can enter the promised land! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

These verses never said what you are saying. Did you read them before quoting lazy? On the other hand, Jesus associated with the woman in the well, a sinner. Just read your bible to clear your head.

Which woman at the well?
Don't say you can't distinguish between idol worshipers and a backslider o! cheesy

The woman by the well is an idol worshiper according to Jesus:

"You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews" John 4:22

So she never knew the true God unlike someone who knew and turned his or her back o! John 6:66 smiley
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2023

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Which woman at the well?
Don't say you can't distinguish between idol worshipers and a backslider o! cheesy

The woman by the well is an idol worshiper according to Jesus:

"You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews" John 4:22

So she never knew the true God unlike someone who knew and turned his or her back o! John 6:66 smiley
Now you are confused. You claimed the bible teaches we should stay away from unbelievers. Now show where the bible says you should stay away from backsliders. Remember the story of the list sheep, lost coin , and prodigal son.
I love the way I get you to change your stand each day.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Wayward parents must die in the wilderness but their children below twenty years can reach the promised land! Numbers 14:29
cheesy
Please this verse has no connection with the scriptures from Isaiah. This verse does not show that God's hands are not stretched to the sinners.
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Now you are confused. You claimed the bible teaches we should stay away from unbelievers. Now show where the bible says you should stay away from backsliders. Remember the story of the list sheep, lost coin , and prodigal son.
I love the way I get you to change your stand each day.

If it's about unbelievers there are two kinds of unbelievers:
© Those who never knew anything about the truth.
© Those who knew the truth and turned their back.
The first are not evil in God's sight because they are ignorant of the truth but the second are evil because they turned away so God's word says we mustn't have anything to do with them! Luke 9:62; 2John 10-11

As for my stand keep deceiving yourself! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Please this verse has no connection with the scriptures from Isaiah. This verse does not show that God's hands are not stretched to the sinners.
Continue deceiving yourself!
No matter what they did afterwards they will perish in the wilderness while their children will enter into the promised land.
That's a warning for those who know Christ and turned their backs on the truth! 1Corinthians 10:11

Don't worry about my quotations many are learning so it's not for faithless miscreants like you! Matthew 7:6 smiley
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If it's about unbelievers there are two kinds of unbelievers:
© Those who never knew anything about the truth.
© Those who knew the truth and turned their back.
The first are not evil in God's sight because they are ignorant of the truth but the second are evil because they turned away so God's word says we mustn't have anything to do with them! Luke 9:62; 2John 10-11

As for my stand keep deceiving yourself! cheesy
The verses you quoted says nothing about any of the 2 kinds of unbelievers as usual, you make things up. You created the 2 kinds of unbelievers theory.
Please where did 2John 10-11 tell you that Jesus was speaking about your formal members?

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

The verses you quoted says nothing about any of the 2 kinds of unbelievers as usual, you make things up. You created the 2 kinds of unbelievers theory.
Please where did 2John 10-11 tell you that Jesus was speaking about your formal members?

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.
Only a Christian can encourage another in the faith so if someone has turned his back on the truth surely he will teach something else that's why we must ask for the group practicing what the person teaches if he can't present any then he's a worker of LAWLESSNESS just like you. If we used to associate with him before we must stop associating with him! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.
Only a Christian can encourage another in the faith so if someone has turned his back on the truth surely he will teach something else that's why we must ask for the group practicing what the person teaches if he can't present any then he's a worker of LAWLESSNESS just like you. If we used to associate with him before we must stop associating with him! wink
Oga, this includes Muslim, traditionalist and people of all other faiths. Why reduce it to Christians just to fit your narrative.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Oga, this includes Muslim, traditionalist and people of all other faiths. Why reduce it to Christians just to fit your narrative.

Olódo! cheesy

Jesus was talking to the woman at the well who is a Samaritan (worshiper) of idols {John 4:22} but forbids his disciples from mingling with Pharisees who worships in the same temple with them. Matthew 16:6-12
So are you saying Jesus was wrong? cheesy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Olódo! cheesy

Jesus was talking to the woman at the well who is a Samaritan (worshiper) of idols {John 4:22} but forbids his disciples from mingling with Pharisees who worships in the same temple with them. Matthew 16:6-12
Jesus Christ actually ate in the home of Pharisees so clearly you got it all wrong.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Olódo! cheesy

Read and learn Luke 15:11-32
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Jesus Christ actually ate in the home of Pharisees so clearly you got it all wrong.
The Pharisee gave Jesus a trap invitation in a bid to accuse Jesus of not living by his own words, but in reality they hate him with passion! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 9:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
Janosky:

Yes, it is in Achorladey's Bible.
"Do not receive him into your home or even greet him."

1 John 1:10

1 John 1:11
"Whoever greets such a person shares in his evil".
Achorladey awon SHARER of evildoers wickedness.

The many problems of your NO GET SENSE PEDDLING on nairaland

Yes, it is in Achorladey's Bible

Achorladey has no bible translation attached to his name

1 John 1:11 "Whoever greets such a person shares in his evil". Achorladey awon SHARER of evildoers wickedness

Cite the full scriptures now grin grin grin grin that your archaic ideas that are of no relevance as a result of recent Biblical evidence fused into your brains is what you keep peddling about as given to you by your GODS and taskmasters grin grin grin grin

Below is a perfect example........

w67 7/15 p. 420...... in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked

Here is what your Jesus said in Matthew 5: 43 You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you

You are at liberty to keep worshiping your GODS and taskmasters. They sure know the kind of POISONS they feed yiu grin grin grin grin

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Read and learn Luke 15:11-32
Present your fellow believers practicing what you're quoting! cheesy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Pharisee gave Jesus a trap invitation in a bid to accuse Jesus of not living by his own words, but in reality they hate him with passion! wink

He don change mouth to trap invitation grin grin grin grin. Your Jesus is too weak to know it is a trap invitation abi? grin grin grin

Despite the panpe invitation Jesus ate in the home of Pharisees grin grin grin No colour the points made with the ideology fused into your military intelligence by your taskmasters aka GODS having additional members grin grin grin
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It does not matter the Pharisees intentions, the most important thing is that Jesus Christ wined and dined with the evil Pharisees by choice. So clearly you misunderstand the scriptures. Jesus Christ was no hypocrite. He did not go behind his disciples to enjoy the best of Pharisee cooking and then preach to them not to do the same. You guys are funny.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Present your fellow believers practicing what you're quoting! cheesy
To what purpose. Would you follow me if I do?
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by achorladey: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

It does not matter the Pharisees intentions, the most important thing is that Jesus Christ wined and dined with the evil Pharisees by choice. So clearly you misunderstand the scriptures. Jesus Christ was no hypocrite. He did not go behind his disciples to enjoy the best of Pharisee cooking and then preach to them not to do the same. You guys are funny.

At least we know that Jesus knows whenever the Pharisees wants to trap him with his words......

From their own darling Bible....

Then the Pharisees went and conspired together in order to trap him in his speech. 16 So they sent their disciples to him, together with party followers of Herod, saying: “Teacher, we know you are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and you do not seek anyone’s favor, for you do not look at the outward appearance of people. 17 Tell us, then, what do you think? Is it lawful to pay head tax to Caesar or not?” 18 But Jesus, knowing their wickedness, said: “Why do you put me to the test, hypocrites?

He will running from pillar to post, changing mouth here and there to defend the doctrines and direction of his taskmasters who stated clearly they are not inspired grin grin grin grin
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

He honoured their invitation because the time to separate completely from backsliders has not come but he warned his disciples not to do the same that's why you can't see anywhere in the scriptures where his disciples eat with Pharisees. In fact after Jesus' death Pharisees made their intentions known to Jesus' disciples that they'll hunt them if they continue with what their teacher taught them. Act 4:18; 5:28

So the enmity became obvious to everyone! wink

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
achorladey:

At least we know that Jesus knows whenever the Pharisees wants to trap him with his words......

From their own darling Bible....

Then the Pharisees went and conspired together in order to trap him in his speech. 16 So they sent their disciples to him, together with party followers of Herod, saying: “Teacher, we know you are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and you do not seek anyone’s favor, for you do not look at the outward appearance of people. 17 Tell us, then, what do you think? Is it lawful to pay head tax to Caesar or not?” 18 But Jesus, knowing their wickedness, said: “Why do you put me to the test, hypocrites?

He will running from pillar to post, changing mouth here and there to defend the doctrines and direction of his taskmasters who stated clearly they are not inspired grin grin grin grin
MaxInDHouse is very entertaining. He always runs from topic. Now he is asking which church I worship with just to change subject. Funny boy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He honoured their invitation because the time to separate completely from backsliders has not come but he warned his disciples not to do the same that's why you can't see anywhere in the scriptures where his disciples eat with Pharisees. In fact after Jesus' death Pharisees made their intentions known to Jesus' disciples that they'll hunt them if they continue with what their teacher taught them. Act 4:18; 5:28

So the enmity became obvious to everyone! wink
Lol. Where did the bible teach you this one. The JW bible state that Jesus Christ ate with Pharisees because it was not time to stop eating with them. Loooooooool. You just pull these things from your ass. You can't just accept you are wrong. Loool

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

To what purpose. Would you follow me if I do?
It's a proof that you understand what you're quoting as you can present it's practical application. Quoting without presenting the practical application simply means you're mocking God's word! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Lol. Where did the bible teach you this one. The JW bible state that Jesus Christ ate with Pharisees because it was not time to stop eating with them. Loooooooool. You just pull these things from your ass. You can't just accept you are wrong. Loool

Quote where his disciples did the same! cheesy
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's a proof that what you understand what you're quoting as you can present it's practical application. Quoting without presenting the practical application simply means you're mocking God's word! wink
Story. I have noticed that the moment I am beginning to cage you, you start asking for my church. Even though you know I will not tell you, you keep asking to waste time.
So oga I would never tell you my church so no need to ask anymore. Let's go back to topic.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Quote where his disciples did the same! cheesy
So you just invented this right? I need to know, is it JW teaching that Jesus could eat with Pharisees but he commanded his followers not to do the same? The way you guys insult Jesus ehh. So basically you are saying Jesus Christ does not practice what he preached.
This is the second time you are saying Jesus Christ did not practice what he preached. I remember you told me that Jesus Christ did not love the world.

1 Like

Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
tctrills:

Story. I have noticed that the moment I am beginning to cage you, you start asking for my church. Even though you know I will not tell you, you keep asking to waste time.
So oga I would never tell you my church so no need to ask anymore. Let's go back to topic.

That's how the truth works, if you can't present the practical application of what you're quoting then it simply means you don't know what you're saying for real! wink
Re: Faith, Changes & Tolerance by tctrills: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's how the truth works, if you can't present the practical application of what you're quoting then it simply means you don't know what you're saying for real! wink
All the practical application are in the verses I quoted. Or don't you believe the bible anymore. I no dey qoute Quran 4 you my guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man / Fornication Is Not A Sin / Let's Share Our Campus Fellowship Experiences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.