Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC (41912 Views)

Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Farki: 8:57am On May 21, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

NCC is on track. These things are in place in most of the western and Asian countries so it's high time we have it too especially in the face of crime and kidnapping.

Please list the countries
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 8:57am On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
cool

This Pantami boy no get advisers and family.....

Nigerians would come for him again and drag him through mud

Anyways it's a very good innovation.... Phone thieves would run out of business, if phone IMEI is registered to an individual

Explain how it will make phone theft a thing of the past? Will the IMEI say when another person is with the phone or will it recognize you finger touch. Please don't make me laugh use your common sense.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 8:58am On May 21, 2021
Richy4:
Most of the country abroad way all of una dey eye to go dey do am, why not start learning to submit to relevant authority now before you waka ?
Dey do what actually?
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by networkgenuis: 8:58am On May 21, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

NCC is on track. These things are in place in most of the western and Asian countries so it's high time we have it too especially in the face of crime and kidnapping.

Name the Asian or Western country.

Once you insert your sim into a phone, the IMEI is automatically registered on the network. How do you think the police are able to trace a stolen phone even when the sim has been changed?

This policy no follow.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by ibietela2(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2021
Richy4:

It will reduce the effect of mobile phone thefts... It has many advantages... even the the UK has that law...Australia uses Cell phone numbers to certify their own IMEI that was why I mentioned the sim...Just google it...It will help Nigerians alot to track certain miscreants...

How many crimes have been reduced since BVN, NIN, VOTERS CARD was introduced
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 8:58am On May 21, 2021
Pauldollars:
Do NCC think every Nigerian use the same phone for years?
At any point you change your phone you submit, no one is talking about privacy here.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by tunary(m): 8:59am On May 21, 2021
I no dey submit anything again.

I even regret linking my nin and bvn
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Doyin2(m): 8:59am On May 21, 2021
moriss33:
NCC no get work at all...instead make dem pressure Ntwrk Providers to make data & calls cheaper 4 Nigerians....na this rubbish dem wam begin worry over ?
Omo Nigeria is on a long thing with this cursed administration aswear...wetin concern Nigerian Government with Phone IMEI ?
Is that a priority now ?

Is seems people like you have been cursed to be perpetual wailers.

Did you read the info at all?

Security measure that is already implemented in other countries.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 9:01am On May 21, 2021
Richy4:

Very simple... the criteria of purchasing any simpack is always that you register it there and then before it will be handed to you... it usually takes 2mins to register at any shop...That will reduce crime alot in Nigeria... I'm even surprised that it has not been introduced in Nigeria in this modern time...Every shop that sells sim is linked with network providers...
Why do you need to register a phone. All the sim registered and the nin is not enough why not let's have a central number like that the USA have ssn all you information is linked to it. Lets have a census and everyone counted will be issued one. What's with this phone of a thing.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mykelhendriz: 9:02am On May 21, 2021
Richy4:
Most of the country abroad way all of una dey eye to go dey do am, why not start learning to submit to relevant authority now before you waka ?

True bro! But they don’t have a Pantami as their minister
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Lewandoski20(m): 9:02am On May 21, 2021
Of all the problems we have in this country, it's my phone that's giving you headache. I sorry for ina
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Farki: 9:03am On May 21, 2021
xaggar:

Because you don't have a head to understand what he is trying to do you come up with this silly statement.

Please how will this solve the issue of phone theft?

Why is phone theft even one of the major issues we should be tackling?

When you buy a phone the packaging has the IMEI on it and can be tracked by police, I have assisted many people in finding their phones this way. Your network provider can even track the SIM for you if needed.

I can guarantee this law won't be implemented the way you think.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by moriss33(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2021
Oga Is that a priority now ?....ask urself...all these old men
The basic things other countries have, we do not enjoy...its IMEI registration that's a priority to Nigeria NOW ??

Doyin2:

Is seems people like you have been cursed to be perpetual wailers.

Did you read the info at all?

Security measure that is already implemented in other countries.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 9:05am On May 21, 2021
PissfulProtester:
Good development

We must rid our society of criminals by fire by force. From the comments we read on twitter and nairaland, it is obvious we currently have more evil people in the country than the good ones
We don't even have the level of technology all the people have. Keep believing things as you're working to stop crime people will find another way around it. Why not have census each citizen is giving a particular number like the ssn of USA then when you buy phone you can link all it just by using the number. All this is not necessary we can kill one bird with one stone.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Richy4(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u what phone& it's contents means to some people. U made a fallacious claim that phone registration will reduce crime alot in nigeria and I asked u how will phone registration reduce crime. Up till now, u can't defend ur comment. All u are doing is making off point comments. I ask again how will phone registration reduce crime in nigeria?

It's like u are out for argument... I don't really have such luxury... Just type on Google search "Everything You Should Know About Your IMEI Number" goodbye

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Farki: 9:06am On May 21, 2021
SIRRITE:

How is it madness, u guys keeps complaining about the insecurities and yet not ready to work and help the government tackled it, in foreign countries all phone and all citizen data is with the government just for identification and security measures. Laziness and ignorant is just our problem, go do nin we say no, do national I'd card we say no, how do the government know who is who?.

List the countries and provide evidence of them forcing their citizens to submit IMEI.

Also show how this forcing of IMEI has prevented crime and phone theft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by donprinyo(m): 9:07am On May 21, 2021
Mumu government
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by ukpahu(m): 9:08am On May 21, 2021
Let me pack my load and leave this country.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Mrquote: 9:08am On May 21, 2021
Richy4:

It will reduce the effect of mobile phone thefts... It has many advantages... even the the UK has that law...Australia uses Cell phone numbers to certify their own IMEI that was why I mentioned the sim...Just google it...It will help Nigerians alot to track certain miscreants...
Then why not use nin to achieve this why all this registration is like they are up to something.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by rollandben(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigerians-to-submit-phone-IDs-in-three-months-says-NCC
So what if I claimed I have no phone??
These people are as useless as used condom. They are not making impact at all. Okay i no dey use phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Froshey: 9:10am On May 21, 2021
Lol, I saw this coming a long time ago.
They started by collecting your NIN, it's now your IMEI.
Last last, this evil administration is about to launch their mega agenda.
You can't face them with physical weapons, they know that your greatest weapon is the internet, but the moment you submit your IMEI, you can't say shit again without getting tracked.
You can't run to twitter, lol. You can't stage any shitty digital protest.
I pity a prayerless somebody in the next few months.
The media, both digital and physical will be completely powerless.
They are about to do their worse, and everyman will be left with intense prayer as his room corner weapon.
This I have seen, but God in his mercies will avert and destroy their plans, I pray in Jesus name.

Again, once you submit your IMEI, it'll be suicidal to say shit on the internet.

Next levellllll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Farki: 9:13am On May 21, 2021
aspabay:

I just feel sad for your mindset. Are you really ready for a better country?

This is the standard world over, you cannot use a stolen phone abroad, once it is reported stolen.

What NCC needs to tell us is how they intend to collect the numbers.

I am sure we o not have to go queue up anywhere.

You are not ready for a better Nigeria

This is a complete lie.

Please list the countries where phones aren't stolen and can't be used if they are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Zenithpeak(m): 9:14am On May 21, 2021
They need to be tracking people down to their destinations easily for DSS arrest and humiliation after making a post that offend or embarrass the government on Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland etc.

BMC crew will be converted to their attack dog....

DeadvultureBBQgrill and his goons don get another portfolio grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Jimiyung(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2021
Its just sad that we have a lot of incompetent people in government. So if i change my phone 4 times in a year, i have to register 4 IMEI. The person that authorized this and the person that read it out are beyond stupid
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by moriss33(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2021
IS THAT A PRIORITY NOW ?
That was my question ?
U sef try dey look well b4 u begin open mouth.
OmoManU:

Una go just opened mouth waahhh all in the name of say u are criticizing govt, this is something that ought to have been done a very long time ago. I pray for success of things like this and more of it.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by teebillz: 9:16am On May 21, 2021
Another mouth watering contract to build another needless system.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by enambobo(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2021
Definitely not a bad idea considering the high level of insurgency and kidnapping. Only those that have something hidden in their cupboard will have something against this. For a normal guy like me, No qualms
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Nobody: 9:21am On May 21, 2021
starstaz:
All I see in this deft move is another simple distraction. You can't beat the logic. We are already in June, with another 3/months of madness , we enter September. Friends and family starting saving up to out do one another for Christmas season. People will start shouting ember months and how delicate it is , people start fervently pray and worship so as to see the new year. Who wants to miss a new year for anything else. This is the game.

Now the agitators for successions, state police, referendums, restructuring and what have view will mellow down since their supporters will be engaged in new madness of 3/months and this will allow the GCFR to have a breath of fresh air u diluted. Let see how it goes.

The distraction code will even reach the constituency of the Bandits, UGM etc. Every item will get busy. And I trust Nigerians with their rush mentality, system will choke and their will be call for extension to date and will all engage in this cycle of madness to second quarter of next year when politics and politico of 2023 will have sharpened the horizons.

You are indeed a wise man. This is the 5th month and the Govt is still directionless, looking for money to fund the budget. All we have had this year from the govt has been nothing but distractions. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by honeymix77(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2021
E remain our blood group wey them go ask for oh
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Engrgreg231(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2021
God will punish all those involved in this the government is not seeing anything wrong in making life unbearable for its citizenry but busy making irrelevant policies i hate this administration with passion
Re: Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC by Odogwu2023(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2021
we shall see,who will submit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / Whatsapp Group Admins Can Now Delete Messages For Everyone (Photo) / Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.