Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67462 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idabakanta: 1:40pm On May 22, 2021
sweetdragon2021:

Hahaha.....
I feel you die bro.
You made my day!
Including mine too
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Sebastine1994(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2021
eyinjuege:

This is a recycled story and I wonder if it's true.
Anyway, that aside have you tried to put yourself in her shoes?
She's also going through a lot to provide for the family, with a dwindling business. She cannot afford to pay her staff and she's the only one working and serving customers at the same time.
Your partner should support you. She was obviously already stressed and overwhelmed alone during the rush hour, and was relieved to see a savior in her husband. A saviour who has come to help her in the shop, heaven sent at the right time during rush hour.
Unfortunately, he turned out to be the devil himself.
He even slapped her on top, despite all her efforts.
That's the only source of income for their family for now o. There's nothing bad if he joins her in the business, as a staff.
He even abandoned her with the children. Is that not wickedness?
I'm sure he came to the shop to have his lunch and be served and catered to.
Who else should volunteer to wash the plates, if not him?
Even if the business isn't going so great, that's the only thing feeding them for now o.
Anyway, everyone's thinking process is different sha.

what would customers think of a husband that washes plates.

these food sellers lack respect, especially women
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by eyinjuege: 2:08pm On May 22, 2021
Sebastine1994:

what would customers think of a husband that washes plates.

these food sellers lack respect, especially women

Never live your life based on people's opinion.
Their opinion won't pay your bills and it means jack to your life, in the grand scheme of things.
Everyone with their problem and for all you know the customers may even be worse off than you.
There are men that run food business. I know an unmarried young man who sells indomie and egg in a small space. He does it by himself and has his customers. He's a graduate btw but he sells cooked meals to make ends meet and he washes his plates. Talkmore of a man who has a family to feed.
We see men in market cutting ugwu in their wives kiosk in the market, and customers have no problem with them cutting their vegetables for them or selling foodstuff to them.
Nigerians are too elitist, and look down on hard workers and manual labourers. Its wrong, and nobody should ever be ashamed of any legitimate work that they do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Galaxydon1(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2021
MrCuteAndLoaded:

Look at this idiot! This is a man's ego wounded here. It will start from simple washing of plate. Very soon, he will be washing her panties....That guy na real man mehn! The slap is just the appetizer!
I'm not an idiot. You are entitled to your own opinion.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Bhetguest: 3:14pm On May 22, 2021
Most nigerian men are shameless cowards. Reading the comments, it is obvious why the country is backward, since it is full of primitive, animalistic thought patterns. Washing plates is now an insult? That's why when your type move abroad, your wives are quick to call police on you so they can be free from foolishness. Change your ways, humble yourselves. You're not good and there's nothing special about you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jodera: 3:19pm On May 22, 2021
eyinjuege:

This is a recycled story and I wonder if it's true.
Anyway, that aside have you tried to put yourself in her shoes?
She's also going through a lot to provide for the family, with a dwindling business. She cannot afford to pay her staff and she's the only one working and serving customers at the same time.
Your partner should support you. She was obviously already stressed and overwhelmed alone during the rush hour, and was relieved to see a savior in her husband. A saviour who has come to help her in the shop, heaven sent at the right time during rush hour.
Unfortunately, he turned out to be the devil himself.
He even slapped her on top, despite all her efforts.
That's the only source of income for their family for now o. There's nothing bad if he joins her in the business, as a staff.
He even abandoned her with the children. Is that not wickedness?
I'm sure he came to the shop to have his lunch and be served and catered to.
Who else should volunteer to wash the plates, if not him?
Even if the business isn't going so great, that's the only thing feeding them for now o.
Anyway, everyone's thinking process is different sha.
You put yourself in the man shoes.

A man enters his wife's canteen, and the first thing he heard was "help me rush and wash plate" in front of customers. So as a man, you'll just allow that slide?
There's things ought to be discussed at home, and this scenerio is one of such. Give respect to the man cos he's the husband and not some errand boy.

Nobody is disputing the fact that he shouldn't help his wife, but is that the right place and time to say it?
That is the issue that brought about the slap, even tho I felt he went a little bit overboard
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jodera: 3:23pm On May 22, 2021
eyinjuege:

Their opinion won't pay your bills and it means jack to your life, in the grand scheme of things.
Everyone with their problem and for all you know the customers may even be worse off than you.
There are men that run food business. I know an unmarried young man who sells indomie and egg in a small space. He does it by himself and has his customers. He's a graduate btw but he sells cooked meals to make ends meet and he washes his plates. Talkmore of a man who has a family to feed.
We see men in market cutting ugwu in their wives kiosk in the market, and customers have no problem with them cutting their vegetables for them or selling foodstuff to them.
Nigerians are too elitist, and look down on hard workers and manual labourers. Its wrong, and nobody should ever be ashamed of any legitimate work that they do.
All these men cutting ugwu, pounding yam in restaurants for wife and all sort, you think it's at the restaurant the wife brought up the idea or you think it's in front of customers they made such arrangement?

If you don't see that the manner of approach is the issue here and not some stupid ego you're painting on the guy, then I don't know what really you want to see...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Kenechukwu98: 4:07pm On May 22, 2021
You just publicly ask your husband to wash the plate.... Just tell me can your father do that if your mum ask him publicly.... You're not expecting slap at the first place abi??.. Learn this and know peace.. All men are not the same and can never be same... Stop making mistake... Me personally there are some chores I can never do as a man in the family no matter what that doesn't make me too pride or something but personally I can't do them...you told him that cos he lost his job at the moment whereas you know DAT if not for setback you can't ever tell him that and I heard you say you have workers or what.. Just imagining where you're decreasing your husbands worth for your worker... Seriously no need of ranting cos me too no fit go wash plate if my wife ask me publicly or where you have workers.. I can do that at home. Na only 30% of men go do this kind thing oo... Leave the young man to get himself a job.. Stop intimidating him.. You're hurting him more. He started the business to you to help him not intimidate him.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by babakb: 4:53pm On May 22, 2021
This Woman is a coward.

If I was her I will just quit the business, besides he has outlived his usefulness since he lost his job.

We will both sit at home and wait for his useless ego and self respect pay the bills.

Where was his ego and self respect when scammers ripped him off, fvcking loser.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Godswrath(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

Tops
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AFONAMARO: 5:12pm On May 22, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
do you have problem when reading narration or you just a disgraced to the men race??
you must be a woman mestruation.

You already reek of disgrace and unhealthy blood, hence, you know what a menstruating man looks like.

Agama lizard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by omonnakoda: 5:16pm On May 22, 2021
bepositive11:

Going back on my last statement. I'm replying grin
My point is you can't generalize anything or anyone. There are always exceptions. I'm not declaring not being a coward. I live my life that way.

Anyway, tired of the pointless back and forth. Let's just stop here.
I did not direct my remarks to you. You are the one seeking to impose your beliefs on me quite rudely calling me a coward. You need to learn manners. If you come here you see comments you disagree with learn to do so politely instead of calling people names otherwise shut your mouth

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by omonnakoda: 6:36pm On May 22, 2021
eyinjuege:

Easier said than done .

The essence of being a social animal is that people's opinion matter. That is why we have libel laws
That is why we have brands. Opinions have monetary value. That is the core of social influencing

People can stop your daily bread with their opinion especially in a superstitious society like ours.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by wirinet(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2021
Teaveapoet:

Thank you. I'm married but this isn't about me okay! A responsible man doesn't raise his hand on his wife not even in public. What's wrong in washing plates?
Me too I am married (for over a decade). Even though I don't support domestic violence, I believe that some women need factory reset slap once a while to keep the relationship going. During my "still searching" days, girls I have dated have left me because I was too gentle to take them.

Washing plates might be nothing to you, but it might be something for other guys. I for one don't like washing plates or clothes. I can sweep, clean and cook. I repair all the things at home like electricals, plumbings, doors, toys, etc., but washing, no. Even when I was in school, I gave my cloths to people who did it or my girlfriend came weekends to wash my clothes. What I am saying different strokes for different folks. My wife would never tell me to go wash the plates at home, not to talk of in public.

You said he opened restaurant for her oh Glory be to God! So now he lost his job he is feeling his wife is superior than him and you call him husband. Lolz
This is not about feeling superior, it's more about disrespect. If the man did not feel disrespected or unappreciated, he would not have left his home. Believe me the man can survive on his own without the burden of a family.
Washing plates was never part of their arrangement. If the lady was not being disrespectful, she should have asked the husband for help before they left home, or discuss the whole situation before now. The restaurant in front of customers is not the place for such discussions.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2021
debbydams:
abi o
How life and things?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by debbydams(f): 2:01pm On May 23, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
How life and things?
fine oo..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2021
debbydams:
fine oo..
Good..I hope you're now enjoying your new relationship now, compared to the past?Have a nice weekend..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by debbydams(f): 4:23pm On May 23, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Good..I hope you're now enjoying your new relationship now, compared to the past?Have a nice weekend..
cheesy cheesy cheesy lol...I'm not In any ...bin single is cool grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 5:09pm On May 23, 2021
You are far from comon sense, no matter your age, the point every male gender is dropping here is jus ERGO which have been one of the factor of broken home and if you are a Christian, my brother you have lost it cos you don’t know what love and sacrifice is, infact any day they talk about love in church ask the holy spirit to teach you.
You have lost sense in the name of pride. Just getout.
larryjonze:

Well you're limitation of your reasoning, what i am saying is essence is naa poor husband women dey give division of labour.
FIY i have a non related uncle in IB that drives a lexus460 his wife sells food on ring road to nite crawlers.
The woman i buy my food stuff from, her husband works in an insurance firm he drives a muscle camry & owns a bungalow.
You don't understand life cos dem still dey feed you.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 23, 2021
MOVIC6:
You are far from comon sense, no matter your age, the point every male gender is dropping here is jus ERGO which have been one of the factor of broken home and if you are a Christian, my brother you have lost it cos you don’t know what love and sacrifice is, infact any day they talk about love in church ask the holy spirit to teach you.

Do you know why our forefathers enjoy marriage more than modern men?

Ever wonder why modern men are fathering more bastards more than our so called uncivilized forefathers?

All these men that carry bag and open doors for there spouse @ the end what is there gain .... abeggi
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by dickt(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.

E clear say you still be small boy. For the man to have slapped his wife, she must have requested him to wash the plates without being respectful about it, and the disrespect didn't start that day. Use your brain. It's meant for use

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by dickt(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2021
MOVIC6:

E clear say sense nor dey enough within you because you nor dey think wide.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DaCharis2016: 10:38pm On May 23, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
There's no any justification.. I can only offer help willingly.. Not telling me to wash dish..I won't wash and I won't come to that shop again..We both born the Pipkin.. She should take care of them and leave me..
Is all understanding
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2021
DaCharis2016:
Is all understanding
Some woman lack understanding.. All they know..Na exploitation.. Abeg..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:49am On May 24, 2021
debbydams:
cheesy cheesy cheesy lol...I'm not In any ...bin single is cool grin
Are you that young like that?because time is passing out..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by debbydams(f): 7:27am On May 24, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Are you that young like that?because time is passing out..
hum mm I'm not tho..pressure left nd right..it is well
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:29am On May 24, 2021
debbydams:
hum mm I'm not tho..pressure left nd right..it is well
Try to replan now..And give somebody a chance..experience and knowledge will help you out..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DaCharis2016: 8:39am On May 24, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Some woman lack understanding.. All they know..Na exploitation.. Abeg..
Pls are u married yet, if I may ask?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by debbydams(f): 8:49am On May 24, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Try to replan now..And give somebody a chance..experience and knowledge will help you out..
a chance? Hum mm it is well
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by debbydams(f): 11:18am On May 24, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2021
AFONAMARO:

You already reek of disgrace and unhealthy blood, hence, you know what a menstruating man looks like.

Agama lizard
shut up you this woman-alike.. go watch zee world, you are not a man
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by rollyfemmy: 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
From what you have said, there is nothing wrong in your hubby washing the plates but all men have ego and always want to protect it.

African men mostly nigerians dont believe in helping their wives to do domestic work because of this traditional ego issues.

Just apologies to him and try to get any of your cousins, relations or younger family member to come help you with the shop work.

Believe me, A man without a job and has a family is not always in a right state of mind and he will always be depressed and it take grace to keep him going.

just apologies to him.

There are couples that understands each other so much that they are friends, spouse and lovers and they can do anything for each other and dont care about any third party comments and interpretation. But i think yours is just a husband and wife thing.

So just apologies to him, i am sure you did not mean to degrade him because of his joblessness but with what he is going through right now, he is not mentally stable thus interpreted your words wrongly and reacted to that.

Dont worry all will be fine. just continue with your business and continue to pray for him, he will find a job soon and dont be surprised that he will apologies to you in the nearest future for slapping you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.