Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified (46610 Views)

Getting A Job In The Oil Industry With A Third Class: How Possible? / Who Else Received This Email From United Nations SDN? / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Structuralman: 2:22am On May 25, 2021
IderadeAratumi:
Thank you Jesus for the success of today.

Tomorrow is another day to continue

Thank you for your selfless service. You are blessed ma.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Mnopq: 7:43am On May 25, 2021
Goodmorning ma, well done for the selfless service. Ma I study B.tech physics/elect coupled with different professionnal cert like HSE,QAQC AND BASIC COMPUTER CERT, MA which role/job can I fitting in and also can one apply in more than one role/job. Please ma kindly reply
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 8:19am On May 25, 2021
Akalia:
Applied

I guess you already applied before I posted the VA here. If otherwise, it is a good thing to always take one's time in digesting the requirements of the role and modifying your CV and cover letter to suit the requirements of the job.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 8:22am On May 25, 2021
Richdee1:
We are moving to the permanent site! I pray there would not be a end to this thread! More grace MA!

God willing
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 8:29am On May 25, 2021
Structuralman:

Thank you for your selfless service. You are blessed ma.
Amen
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 8:44am On May 25, 2021
Mnopq:
Goodmorning ma, well done for the selfless service. Ma I study B.tech physics/elect coupled with different professionnal cert like HSE,QAQC AND BASIC COMPUTER CERT, MA which role/job can I fitting in and also can one apply in more than one role/job. Please ma kindly reply

There are definitely roles you can fit in and you can apply for more than one role/job. However, like I have stated severally, it is really beyond your first degree for a lot of positions. Ideally, your first degree is adequate. However, the ideal does not always play out in reality.

If you are interested in sending in your application for a particular role, what guarantees you the invite for test or job is not if your first degree qualifies you; it is more dependent on what value can you offer which is usually perceived through what value have you offered previously.

Note: You do not need to have a job to be perceived as a person of value. Value is your ablity to make use of the little resources @ your disposal, starting from where you are, and independently taking initiative @ being innovative doing little things with resultant positive output which are measurable.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Akalia(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

I guess you already applied before I posted the VA here. If otherwise, it is a good thing to always take one's time in digesting the requirements of the role and modifying your CV and cover letter to suit the requirements of the job.

All the best
Please I need CV revamping to NGO standard. Can you assist me?
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 8:58am On May 25, 2021
Structuralman:
@IderadeAratumi:

All the vacancies I am seeing for my position are for fixed terms ie 6-12 months.
I don't want to work in such place and then get kicked out. Are there no vacancies for permanent staff rather than all these contract staff positions that I am seeing?

PS : My discipline is Engineering. Thank you for your Goodwill. If all Nigerians were kind-hearted like yourself the country would be a much better place. Don't mind the naysayers on this thread.

Just so you know, you need to grab those fixed term contracts with the whole of your being smiley In the UN, those who hold such contracts are the the "real staff" for lack of a better word to describe. Even Fixed Term contracts are going into extinction in some agencies due to strict donor funding. They are being replaced by SC or SSA contracts to reduce liabilities as such are not entitled to staff benefits.

All the best
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Mnopq: 11:17am On May 25, 2021
Ma, thank you sooo much.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by mayprince(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2021
mayprince:

Yeah..i agree to your statement above.

I am talking about sustainable business-how the industrial activity of companies (particularly multinationals) affects the society and environment

You haven't responded to this yet... Thanks

IderadeAratumi:

Sustainability in terms of livelihood? In the UN, sustainability means different things to different agencies. Be more specific
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by ceeceeuwa: 3:51pm On May 25, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

I did not have an NGO/INGO/ international work experience. The UN is looking for irresistible value
Can you enumerate on some of those values please?
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IvyGRush: 5:46pm On May 25, 2021
Reasonwithme2:

Nobody is losing me, and I'm working on it,
Thanks for your concern

By God's Grace, until you have benefitted the youths as opined.
Call me immediately let's finalize.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by earthsync(f): 5:39am On May 26, 2021
Good day ma'am. I would like to know how I'd get an NGO agency as my PPA as I'm almost done with school and working with an NGO has been something I've been looking forward to lately.

I'm studying Adult and non formal education with my course area being English and Literature. What areas can I focus on in an NGO agency?
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Adejal: 9:57am On May 26, 2021
Good day ma'am,

Thanks for your selfless effort in guiding and sharing info about NGO job opportunities here, God will mercy will not leave your household. Please i need help in securing job. Thanks in anticipation.
IderadeAratumi:

God willing
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 6:19pm On May 26, 2021
Adejal:
Good day ma'am,

Thanks for your selfless effort in guiding and sharing info about NGO job opportunities here, God will mercy will not leave your household. Please i need help in securing job. Thanks in anticipation.

Continue applying and also check this thread regularly for job postings and other updates. This is the only help I can guarantee you. If you think your CV needs to be improved upon to increase your chances when you send in your application, send it to cvonly.idera@gmail.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 6:31pm On May 26, 2021
mayprince:

You haven't responded to this yet... Thanks

Hmmmm. You're talking about the next phase which has started being implemented in the UN. We are already tending towards ensuring that industrial activities of all third party service providers engaged by some UN agencies does not impact negatively on the environment.

As such, some agencies now request service providers to present evidences or other industry specific certifications which authenticates that their activities are compliant with Sustainable Business Models for that particular industry. As such if a company can not convince such agencies that their activities are sustainable and do not impact negatively on the environment, chances of engagement with the UN is reduced significantly. This, I am aware of.

So, what extactly is your role? Do you engage companies and help them to come up with Sustainable Business Models? If yes, which industry? If no, expatiate how you come into play here.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 6:33pm On May 26, 2021
Akalia:
Please I need CV revamping to NGO standard. Can you assist me?

cvonly.idera@gmail.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 6:53pm On May 26, 2021
ceeceeuwa:

Can you enumerate on some of those values please?

Ok. Value is extensive and its expression can not be clearly defined as it varies depending on individual circumstances. Since our circumstances are different, therefore the way we go about adding value to ourselves will definitely be different. Generally, it is more about going beyond what is being expected of you at any particular time and taking the initiative to deliver much more than you were asked or paid to do. Now this plays out differently for different people based on different circumstances.

When you stretch yourself beyond your present capacity (intellectually, physically), the immediate results you get are negligible compared with massive results that await you because you will be percieved as a person of great value when a bigger opportunity beckons. This is when preparation meets opportunity because most people are too lazy to stretch themselves beyond what their employers expect them to do, you easily stand out from the crowd as you've gone through an unusual route which is hard to find in a crowd of jobseekers.

I will still find time to highlight my journey in this regard as the thread progresses

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 7:02pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:
Where are the very fresh graduates and my HND peeps?

Operations/Logistics Intern, Feed The Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension & Advisory Services Activity, Abuja, Nigeria

POSITION: Operations/Logistics Intern
LINE MANAGER: Director of Operations & Finance
SUMMARY: Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
Winrock is currently implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Activity (The Activity), a five (5) year USAID activity that aims to partner with small and medium enterprises and key market actors to pilot proven technologies, scale up successful ones, and promote the adoption of improved production practices as well as improved service delivery that will rapidly, effectively, and sustainably provide access to agro-inputs and service delivery and disseminate extension messaging to at least two million smallholder farmers.
The Operations/Logistics intern is expected to support office administration in the Abuja office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive visitors to the office and direct them appropriately
• Receive all correspondences to the office and route them to the recipient offices
• Ensure that the staff sign in register is completed daily and accurately by staff
• Support physical meetings in the office by providing all necessary items needed for the meeting.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education:
• Minimum of bachelor's degree or HND in office administration.

Experience:
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal communication)
• High level of fluency in English language
• Knowledge of development projects.
The deadline for submission of applications is June 4, 2021

https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1621447358558

cc OluwabuqqyYOLO
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 7:05pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:
@ Godsgiftuzo, delete your post above because we do not hawk vacancy on this thread cool
This is my thread. Create your own thread and post your vacancies there.

@ all, UN is looking for HND oooo. Less than 48 hours to deadline

Career Opportunities: Business Support Assistant - Administration SC4 Maiduguri (142233)

ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education: Completion of Bachelor's Degree/HND Preferably in Administration.
Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work and travels management.

Knowledge & Skills:

• Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.

Language: Spoken and written English Language is required and basic understanding of Hausa Language.

JOB PURPOSE
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.

JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Managing Mission travel requirements in close coordination with the Area office mission planning team and IOM Hub Accommodation team.

2. Processing of Travel Authorizations (TAs/Trip Documents) in WINGS.

3. Monitor and review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, reasonableness, validity, and conformity with UN Rules.

4. Assist with the issuance of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for all non-food related services for further processing though WFP Procurement Unit.

5. Reconcile invoices against the PRs/POs and process for payment.

6. Posting of GRN/SESs and maintain a proper record of invoices.

7. Manage external hall booking for WFP events, workshops, seminar, training, etc.

8. Support in the processing of Guest House Invoicing in WINGSII.

9. Assist in maintaining information and documention in other Admin function areas and services including facilities management, travel, protocol related, etc., to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.

10. Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.

11. Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.

12. In addition to General accountabilities: Review of Travel KPIs, Vendor management, Events Management, and Contract Management, Travel planning and Projection.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only Nigerian Nationals and holders of Nigerian nationality or have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
WFP offers in total 16 weeks Maternity leave to female staff, excluding annual leave and an exciting medical insurance.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission of applications is 26th May 2021.

https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=142233&company=C0000168410P

This Administrative Assisstant role closes today by 11:59 pm.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 7:25pm On May 26, 2021
1-3 years experience

Nigeria Sales Team Lead (Various Locations) at ENGIE Energy Access

Title: Sales Team Lead

Department: Sales & Marketing

Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing

About ENGIE Energy Access

ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.

With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.

www.engie-africa.com

www.linkedin.com/company/engie-africa

Job Overview

The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in the preferred location and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., sell, fulfil, maintain and recover. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.

Key Responsibilities, Deliverables & Activities

Key Responsibilities

Develop and implement the sales operational strategies within allocated area, as well as align with the area sales target.
Organizing sales activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenue and desired quality sales.
Managing installation technicians and maintenance technicians
Training and coaching of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities

On time high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by ENGIE Energy Access.
Coordinate installation technicians and maintenance technicians to ensure systems are installed and maintained,
Support recruitment of new installation and maintenance technicians in the sales area.
Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the State Sales Manager.
Review control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform finance department about deductions.
Repossessions are aligned and coordinated with the customer finance department.
Identify the needs for and recruit new contractors with support from service network team leader.
Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians.
Stock takings
Stock audit report
Providing regular portfolio & compliance reports to State Sales Manager and credit control team
Managing the daily work and activities of area administrator according prioritization policy on workout activities.
Deal with complex scenarios (customer not found, fire, violence etc.)
Assessing internal and external cause for portfolio deteriorations
Participating in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff
Monitor and review KPIs + provide feedback area administrator
Conduct periodic performance review of area administrator.
Mentoring each Sales Agents, installation technician, maintenance technician, dual contractor and area admin to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
Educating Sales agents, dual contractors, area administrator, installation technicians, maintenance technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines provided by State Sales Manager and credit departmental standards.
Support conducting quarterly inventory audits for all service centers.
Required Skills and Experience

BSc. Degree or Equivalent
1 - 3 years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services
Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage
Ability and passion for coaching and training.
Strong ability in planning and organization.
Excellent verbal communication skills with customer focus
Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
Willing to travel/assign in any geographic area in Nigeria
Resident in the preferred location or willing to relocate there
Fluent in English.
Highly Desired Skills

Ability to work in teams or independently
Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
Good influencing and negotiation skills
Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Willingness and desire to learn new ideas

https://boards.greenhouse.io/fenixinternational/jobs/4484480003

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by mayprince(m): 7:27pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

Hmmmm. You're talking about the next phase which has started being implemented in the UN. We are already tending towards ensuring that industrial activities of all third party service providers engaged by some UN agencies does not impact negatively on the environment.

As such, some agencies now request service providers to present evidences or other industry specific certifications which authenticates that their activities are compliant with Sustainable Business Models for that particular industry. As such if a company can not convince such agencies that their activities are sustainable and do not impact negatively on the environment, chances of engagement with the UN is reduced significantly. This, I am aware of.

So, what extactly is your role? Do you engage companies and help them to come up with Sustainable Business Models? If yes, which industry? If no, expatiate how you come into play here.

My role is to make researched analysis that critically assess the industrial activities of companies. Through this analysis, one can determine whether the company is having a positive or negative impact on the environment and society.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 7:32pm On May 26, 2021
Program Assistant, FTF Nigeria Agricultural Extension & Advisory Services Activity, Abuja,Nigeria

Position Title: Program Assistant

Reports to: Chief of Party

SUMMARY:

Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.

The Program Assistant to the office of the Chief of Party will support implementation of the Activity’s tasks through managing program component documents, planning, developing, reviewing and tracking correspondences which will contribute towards strengthening processes that will ensure proper knowledge management of the project deliverables.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Support the Chief of Party (COP) in planning and review of program documents
Coordinate with other program units in report writing for the project deliverables
Support the dissemination and tracking of all correspondences from the COP’s desk and other program units.
Assist in the preparation of draft reports, weekly success stories, and other project communications materials
Ensure that the program activities in the approved workplan are implemented as planned.
Take meeting notes during stakeholder and staff meetings, manage the online meeting platform
Coordinate the administrative component of the program units and the COP office
Liaise with the operations unit to support all the programmatic requirements of the project
Perform other tasks required by the COP.

Qualifications and Requirements

Education:

Minimum of bachelor’s degree in agriculture or agro-economics, social sciences, and other related fields. Completion of short courses in project management and report writing will be an added advantage.

Experience:
It is expected that the ideal candidate will be conversant with ideals in the value chain sectors including government, research institutions, universities and private sector partners. The ideal candidate should have the following experience:

At least 5 years’ experience in project management and report writing, which should include coordination of program activities of large development projects in Nigeria, preferably those funded by USAID
Fully proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel

Other:

Strong communication skills (both written and verbal communication)
High level of fluency in English language
Knowledge of development projects.

The deadline for submission of applications is June 4, 2021. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and WI reserves the right to make an offer prior to the closing date for applications. Applicants are thus encouraged to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity. Qualified applicants will be contacted by Winrock.

Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law

https://winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=5276356002&gh_jid=5276356002

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 7:40pm On May 26, 2021
mayprince:

My role is to make researched analysis that critically assess the industrial activities of companies. Through this analysis, one can determine whether the company is having a positive or negative impact on the environment and society.

Which industries have you analysed?. Which other industries can you analyse? What training do you have to facilitate these assessments? How do you validate the results of your assessment?

Apologies if my questions are too much. It is not mandatory that you answer any if you do not want to.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

cc OluwabuqqyYOLO
Thank you, Aratumi. But I'm not yet qualified to apply.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by mayprince(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

Which industries have you analysed?. Which other industries can you analyse? What training do you have to facilitate these assessments? How do you validate the results of your assessment?

Apologies if my questions are too much. It is not mandatory that you answer any if you do not want to.

Let me answer from the bottom

For validation of assessment, the startup I work for (which I don't want to disclose) has a standard for each assessment and most of those standards were gotten from some financial institutions.

I have analysed for couple of industry including financial, energy, food, health, and the likes...At my stage right now, I think I should be able to analyse any industry. The major requirements is developing my research skills

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Akalia(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

cvonly.idera@gmail.
Thank you sir.
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by IderadeAratumi: 9:18pm On May 26, 2021
mayprince:

Let me answer from the bottom

For validation of assessment, the startup I work for (which I don't want to disclose) has a standard for each assessment and most of those standards were gotten from some financial institutions.

I have analysed for couple of industry including financial, energy, food, health, and the likes...At my stage right now, I think I should be able to analyse any industry. The major requirements is developing my research skills

Okay. What I see play out in most instances in your situation and other related ones, is what I have explained to a poster here. International agenciesNo, let me talk about the one I am sure of. The UN may not engage your services directly as an individual. 2 things usually paly out in cases such as this:

1. The coy you work with may be engaged by the UN to carry out these assessments for some service providers being contemplated to be awarded certain contracts

2. In some instances, the UN has outsourced activity 1 above to a 2nd party (usually a certification body, and not private establishments) to conduct these assessments on its behalf. As such, the certification bodies need independent auditors equipped with the required training, experience, certifications and technical capacity and this is what may be applicable to you as an individual.

Few months ago, one of such certification bodies in Europe (in contract with the UN) needed the services of an an auditor in the health industry, to audit (conduct technical assessment of) a particular Nigerian company for something like this, (although not sustainability). They could not travel to Nigeria for the assessment due to the pandemic and also to minimize cost expended. Instead, they searched and found the profile of a Nigerian online, conducted their background check and eventually engaged him for the service. Needless to say what currency payment was made in.

This is a tangible route you can explore if you are creative enough to package yourself as such, since you have the requisite training, skills and experience.

Like I always tell my mentees, "create your own opportunities; dont wait for the UN to create one for you". The opportunity you create has the potential of being utilized by the UN (or other international agencies) directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by mayprince(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

Okay. What I see play out in most instances in your situation and other related ones, is what I have explained to a poster here. International agenciesNo, let me talk about the one I am sure of. The UN may not engage your services directly as an individual. 2 things usually paly out in cases such as this:

1. The coy you work with may be engaged by the UN to carry out these assessments for some service providers being contemplated to be awarded certain contracts

2. In some instances, the UN has outsourced activity 1 above to a 2nd party (usually a certification body, and not private establishments) to conduct these assessments on its behalf. As such, the certification bodies need independent auditors equipped with the required training, experience, certifications and technical capacity and this is what may be applicable to you as an individual.

Few months ago, one of such certification bodies in Europe (in contract with the UN) needed the services of an an auditor in the health industry, to audit (conduct technical assessment of) a particular Nigerian company for something like this, (although not sustainability). They could not travel to Nigeria for the assessment due to the pandemic and also to minimize cost expended. Instead, they searched and found the profile of a Nigerian online, conducted their background check and eventually engaged him for the service. Needless to say what currency payment was made in.

This is a tangible route you can explore if you are creative enough to package yourself as such, since you have the requisite training, skills and experience.

Like I always tell my mentees, "create your own opportunities; dont wait for the UN to create one for you". The opportunity you create has the potential of being utilized by the UN (or other international agencies) directly or indirectly.

Thanks so much...This is helpful
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by jabberjawz: 10:12pm On May 26, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

mayprince:

Thanks so much...This is helpful

@Mayprince.....You might want to check this out.....so you see the type of profile the UN is looking to hire...as related to your feild..... smiley

https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1621968996422
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by mayprince(m): 10:21pm On May 26, 2021
jabberjawz:

@Mayprince.....You might want to check this out.....so you see the type of profile the UN is looking to hire...as related to your feild..... smiley

https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1621968996422

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force As Cadet ASP / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.