Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) (71281 Views)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? / You Really Need To Drop These 10 Mindsets in 2017 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Kriss216: 5:17pm On May 23, 2021
99thEnemy:

The Picture below vindicates me of being wicked grin grin grin

Is that not a beauty? grin

Imagine you and your nwanyioma Sapphiere grin grin grin
grin grin
I have no business with evening newspapers.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by 99thEnemy(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

grin grin
I have no business with evening newspapers.

Love Knows no bound grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Thales01: 5:24pm On May 23, 2021
Op,I second Point 2 strongly.I had to learn my lesson the hard way.
There was this girl;a junior colleague I was genuinely interested in helping with school stuffs.i called her like twice a week to check up on her.I realized that she hardly call me at all and when I decided to jokingly call her out on it(in order not to seem needy),she told she was broke and can't afford to call.
I believed her and kept my weekly routine of calling her.As Time went on,I started noticing a pattern I did not like;Her phone rang twice as much as before till she decides to pick to few minutes into our interaction when I call her ,she would come up with silly excuses and promise to call back so that she can quickly go off the phone.
What pissed me off was the day I called her and she blatantly ignored my call by leaving her phone to ring on my ear.Since that day,I realized how much cards I invested in this girl that did not get reciprocated by her.I felt cheated.I vowed since then that I was never going to call this girl again or any other person (except family members of course) who does not reciprocate my gesture.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by aminusodiq(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2021
Also... Resist the urge to shalaye

9 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:03pm On May 23, 2021
Avoid guys who are mentaly and psychological broke. They will make you hate other good men who have good intentions.

9 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Lamasta(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2021
99thEnemy:

Make I die if I no attend that wedding grin grin grin

I can't miss to see how the marital bliss between them will be ordained grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kriss216 come and carry Sapphiere your wife to be grin grin grin grin grin

Dem dey give themselves as e dey hot grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by 99thEnemy(m): 6:10pm On May 23, 2021
Lamasta:

Dem dey give themselves as e dey hot grin

If dem drop it like its hot for bedroom, I wonder how e go be.

Kriss as a real Redpiller no go wan disappoint.

Saphiere will now be so over emotional that she will start saying... before she was born, she used to live with her aunty in Iraq when her mother was in nursery grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Casper21: 6:14pm On May 23, 2021
No 6. Is so correct
And also avoid smiling a lot
Avoid being over friendly
Avoid bringing up nonsense conversations, i.e think b4 u make a statement.
Maintain eye contact when you talk to people.
Look nice.
Gentlemen are always respected

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Vipro(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2021
kissWow!!,I never believe it will make FP. shocked
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Olumiday15: 6:49pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
11. Avoid any form of relationship with Nigerian girls.
stupid boy LMAO
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ShaqFu: 6:49pm On May 23, 2021
Not bad OP. Truth is even if you do all this, some people will still insult you no matter what. I've come to know manners and courtesy are something many Nigerians don't have.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by iampeterben(m): 6:50pm On May 23, 2021
Stop being a copy cat try to learn to create your own trend.

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrBONE2(m): 6:54pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ruffDiamond: 6:56pm On May 23, 2021
Whareva...you no getti money, NOTHING FOR YOU for naija...money talks,bulsH1t walks ,simple undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by fridayakpos: 6:57pm On May 23, 2021
Deborah98:
In other words we should forget people who forget us undecided time and chance happens to all things ( living and nonliving).
I love this one cus am in that situation right now
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by yahmohy27: 6:59pm On May 23, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Control your emotions, control your desires, Control your tongue and control what is between your legs.
That is in summary
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Okortor: 6:59pm On May 23, 2021
Stop telling your fellow guys to always buy you drink without you buying in return.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Maj196(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2021
Don't be nice

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ruffDiamond: 7:00pm On May 23, 2021
MrBONE2:

grin
na me DAT 100% I no gett their effing time!olosho pretending like she never hear or know anything call duggy style undecided
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by passionberry(f): 7:00pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
Nigerian guys worst specie..avoid them like plaque

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by joelag: 7:00pm On May 23, 2021
Try not to have anything to do with Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Kingrefreshed: 7:00pm On May 23, 2021
Vipro:
Recently, a friend told me about an embarrassing situation he experienced. He attended a small party and out of all the attendees, he was the only one that was not served food. Sincerely, I couldn't control my laughter when he was recounting his story because it sounded funny. With a frown on his face, he said "I wasn't invited to the party anyway". At that point, I knew he was at fault.

A wise man once told me that respect can only be earned, not forced. It implies that before people can respect you, there is a price to pay; you need to be worthy of it.

When people respect you, they place you in high regard and value your opinion. They don't belittle you or make you feel worthless. Also, they treat you specially.

For instance, my friend was not respected at the party he attended. He even said the host didn't even acknowledge his presence. That's disappointing!

Whether you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, good-looking or not, you deserve to be respected. Respect feeds the ego and makes us feel good.

So, if you don't want people to disrespect you, stop doing these 10 things;

1. Stop going to places you are not invited to

2. Stop calling and chatting up people who don't call you

3. Stop laughing uncontrollably when people insult you; caution them immediately

4. Stop begging people for money; double your hustle

5. Stop visiting people who don't visit you

6. Stop contributing to discussions that don't concern you

7. Stop chasing after people who don't know you exist

8. Stop mingling with people who have no plans for the future

9. Stop sleeping and relaxing when you're supposed to be working

10. Stop fighting and insulting people, especially in public

Try your best to avoid the 10 things listed above, you'll be surprised at how people will see you differently and start respecting you.

Have you ever been disrespected by someone close to you? Kindly share your story.

Thanks for reading.

You try well well but you see that NO. 4 Make sense very well.

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by somehow: 7:01pm On May 23, 2021
2 missed calls.
mespusinglez:
12: One Miss Call Is Enough

Don't Be An Idiot

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by NewDelhi(m): 7:01pm On May 23, 2021
It's called see finish. . Just stay your Lane and stop giving attention or caring about people who don't give a shìt about you. If they don't call you, don't call them. If they don't talk to you, don't talk to them. Stop begging for money, it makes people look down on you.

Above all, make good money.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by scarycuteface(m): 7:01pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by FuckHomophobes: 7:02pm On May 23, 2021
Vipro:

3. Stop laughing uncontrollably when people insult you; caution them immediately

This here is my weak point. I always use this to win them over too... cheesy
. When you insult me, I'll laugh and then afterwards I'll push forward my agenda. *Wicked laugh*

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by obembet(f): 7:03pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

I want to good relationship with u, what about that?
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by NewDelhi(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2021
Never squat with someone even if he's/she's a family member. . Get your own apartment else it's just a matter of time before they start talking to you anyhow.

33 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by CALCULUS16: 7:05pm On May 23, 2021
see, that points 2 and 5 will make this world a worst place. If people do that, no one will visit, call or check up on each oda or through other means. I no go call am cos e no call me na so separation go begin. Do nt repay bad with bad, be good, call people, visit people, u cant lose ur respect doing this, if u lose respect, u cant lose honor. Some people might be suffering from depression, lackness, illness, in one problem or the other, if u call, message or visit them once in a while , it shows how loving and caring you are. some people dont knw how to check up on people [their bad, as they ll say], u that know how to do good without expecting any reward, continue! the universe knows how to repay a goodhearted.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ruffDiamond: 7:05pm On May 23, 2021
passionberry:

Nigerian guys worst specie..avoid them like plaque
na una worse pass..people go still manage plague na like Coro till e cure.but something worse and more deadlier than plague is a Nigerian lady..all Orientation gone wrong! undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. / Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. / Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.