Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) (71851 Views)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? / You Really Need To Drop These 10 Mindsets in 2017 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Odunayaw(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2021
Hello house, I'd be having a Whiteboard animation (Videoscribe) class, 28/29 May. Which will feature;

Introduction to Whiteboard animation
Access to cracked Videoscribe software
My library of 10,000+ SVG to use along with Videoscribe
Video tutorials for installation and use
Creation, approval and mentorship on Upwork

Discount for Early Birds

https:///s/60895aaf11878
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by okoriejeremiah(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2021
The oga kpatakpata of them all is "DON'T BE POOR"... that's when people will respect you

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ladundami: 9:11am On May 24, 2021
I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO DON'T VISIT THOSE THAT DOESN'T VISIT YOU...IT DOESN'T WORK EVERYWHERE. A MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL CAN'T SAY THAT.
AND ALSO, U NEED SOME PEOPLE MORE THAN THEY NEED YOU.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Leeleann(f): 9:24am On May 24, 2021
Stop all forms of gossip. People tend to have huge respect for someone they can completely confide in.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:52am On May 24, 2021
Lol... everybody will be alright no matter what they do. I detest rules. I despise them. Hate them. All these "do this to be this" "do this to be that" "do this when people do this." Come and disrespect me, na. I no get block button? Abi you put a gun to my head to keep being friends with you if you're overstepping your boundaries? So I should not laugh and be free and be open sake of say you will disrespect me? I should now be the one comporting and contorting myself... I'd rather not have you in my space. undecided Again, I don't like "othering" others. "Other people are this to me, I'm the good person cry." You can easily be on the receiving end of these "cut people off" advice. After all, everyone feels justified in their minds. Life is not always black or white. There are nuances and these "lists" do not hold true for every situation and every person.

So I will act anyhow I want and give my number to whomever I like (including guys). If I hear say one Hollywood big shot dey one event, and one call or decision or appointment or contract from that person will be life-changing, make I no go because? grin grin grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by babaireti(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2021
Vipro:
Recently, a friend told me about an embarrassing situation he experienced. He attended a small party and out of all the attendees, he was the only one that was not served food. Sincerely, I couldn't control my laughter when he was recounting his story because it sounded funny. With a frown on his face, he said "I wasn't invited to the party anyway". At that point, I knew he was at fault.

A wise man once told me that respect can only be earned, not forced. It implies that before people can respect you, there is a price to pay; you need to be worthy of it.

When people respect you, they place you in high regard and value your opinion. They don't belittle you or make you feel worthless. Also, they treat you specially.

For instance, my friend was not respected at the party he attended. He even said the host didn't even acknowledge his presence. That's disappointing!

Whether you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, good-looking or not, you deserve to be respected. Respect feeds the ego and makes us feel good.

So, if you don't want people to disrespect you, stop doing these 10 things;

1. Stop going to places you are not invited to

2. Stop calling and chatting up people who don't call you

3. Stop laughing uncontrollably when people insult you; caution them immediately

4. Stop begging people for money; double your hustle

5. Stop visiting people who don't visit you

6. Stop contributing to discussions that don't concern you

7. Stop chasing after people who don't know you exist

8. Stop mingling with people who have no plans for the future

9. Stop sleeping and relaxing when you're supposed to be working

10. Stop fighting and insulting people, especially in public

Try your best to avoid the 10 things listed above, you'll be surprised at how people will see you differently and start respecting you.

Have you ever been disrespected by someone close to you? Kindly share your story.

Thanks for reading.
Stop being stingy ,but be generous to people
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Powerfly(f): 10:00am On May 24, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Control your emotions, control your desires, Control your tongue and control what is between your legs.

Take this advice and live forever.....

grin angry grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Johnsown1(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2021
Kriss216:
11. Avoid any form of relationship with Nigerian girls.
. Lol damn niggar
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Powerfly(f): 10:32am On May 24, 2021
Bigredmachine:

If your dad avoided your mum you would not exist today...

Especially that his big nose.......lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Ganbite: 10:36am On May 24, 2021
Kriss216:

God has been my strength.

May the Lord continue to be your strength, this prayer is for you if there is no foreign mechanic to service your pistol and u leave it like that but if it's the other way round then the prayer is not for u
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by AntagonistKKK(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2021
mespusinglez:
12: One Miss Call Is Enough

Don't Be An Idiot

Dem never lock u outside gate for night before.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Legacyy(m): 11:08am On May 24, 2021
i dont do any of this things
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2021
9 & 10 are most important.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by stanliwise(m): 8:05pm On May 24, 2021
Thales01:

Apart from your last paragraph,I disagree with your other statements.
My deciding to ignore her has nothing to do with neediness.It is simply because I cannot no longer tolerate her BS anymore.
In social physchology,there is a law of reciprocity which states that it is natural for us human to return a favor done to us.So on her part,it is downright ingratitude not any sense of entitlement on my part.That was why I called her out JOKINGLY for not returning the favor.
Morever,she was the one who befriended me as a senior colleague.So she practically has nothing to offer me.So I obviously don't have anything to lose but she does.

So I obviously don't have anything to lose but she does.
SMH

sorry for laughing....
but it obvious you still don’t wanna be true to yourself after this long time.

If I analyze your previous post comment one by one. I can pinpoint where you’re not telling a truth.

Well it’s the past now. At least you have moved on [pun intended]
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Dabliss02(m): 8:50pm On May 24, 2021
Kriss216:
11. Avoid any form of relationship with Nigerian girls.
lol you're right bro.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Dabliss02(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2021
I swear na people wey dey run twitter dey run nairaland too. Omo see reply. Cruise plenty for here oo lol
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Obarofrederick(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Control your emotions, control your desires, Control your tongue and control what is between your legs.
The best comment so far!
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Obarofrederick(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2021
naija1stnigar:
Always say less than necessary; the more you speak the more the possibility of saying nonsense.
One of the laws of power by Robert Greene you just stated!
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by passionberry(f): 9:31pm On May 25, 2021
ruffDiamond:
na una worse pass..people go still manage plague na like Coro till e cure.but something worse and more deadlier than plague is a Nigerian lady..all Orientation gone wrong! undecided
Nigerian men are chronic liars,cheaters,unserious human being . Tufiakwa
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by passionberry(f): 9:32pm On May 25, 2021
Chochovini:
. I just knew a girl MUST as a matter of fact put up a proportionate challenge to this particular comment and I was not disappointed.
Is just the fact oh. , Nigerian men are not worth the stress or loving
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:33pm On May 31, 2021
mespusinglez:
12: One Miss Call Is Enough
Don't Be An Idiot
2 is sensible. One miss call seems not urgent.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:45pm On May 31, 2021
Thales01:
Op,I second Point 2 strongly.I had to learn my lesson the hard way.
There was this girl;a junior colleague I was genuinely interested in helping with school stuffs.i called her like twice a week to check up on her.I realized that she hardly call me at all and when I decided to jokingly call her out on it(in order not to seem needy),she told she was broke and can't afford to call.
I believed her and kept my weekly routine of calling her.As Time went on,I started noticing a pattern I did not like;Her phone rang twice as much as before till she decides to pick to few minutes into our interaction when I call her ,she would come up with silly excuses and promise to call back so that she can quickly go off the phone.
What pissed me off was the day I called her and she blatantly ignored my call by leaving her phone to ring on my ear.Since that day,I realized how much cards I invested in this girl that did not get reciprocated by her.I felt cheated.I vowed since then that I was never going to call this girl again or any other person (except family members of course) who does not reciprocate my gesture.
LOL
she no regard you be say she no regard you. Even now you stopped, she no even no say u no de call her again as before. chill bro and live.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:58pm On May 31, 2021
CALCULUS16:
see, that points 2 and 5 will make this world a worst place. If people do that, no one will visit, call or check up on each oda or through other means. I no go call am cos e no call me na so separation go begin. Do nt repay bad with bad, be good, call people, visit people, u cant lose ur respect doing this, if u lose respect, u cant lose honor. Some people might be suffering from depression, lackness, illness, in one problem or the other, if u call, message or visit them once in a while , it shows how loving and caring you are. some people dont knw how to check up on people [their bad, as they ll say], u that know how to do good without expecting any reward, continue! the universe knows how to repay a goodhearted.

in all this, it's wise to know when all these calls, text and visits are seen as a bother . Know when you are unwelcomed and respect yourself. It's madness to do all these yet do not receive some reasonable percentage from the person. Not even an attempt to either call, text or visit first after you have been constant in being in contact with the person- then you are not appreciated. you need to move.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 3:21pm On May 31, 2021
AntagonistKKK:

LOL Lol
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 3:22pm On May 31, 2021
AntagonistKKK:

LOL Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by CALCULUS16: 3:32pm On May 31, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

in all this, it's wise to know when all these calls, text and visits are seen as a bother . Know when you are unwelcomed and respect yourself. It's madness to do all these yet do not receive some reasonable percentage from the person. Not even an attempt to either call, text or visit first after you have been constant in being in contact with the person- then you are not appreciated. you need to move.
yes! Thats true.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by NYCnextStop(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

LOL
she no regard you be say she no regard you. Even now you stopped, she no even no say u no de call her again as before. chill bro and live.
grin grin

How man go do na?? But seriously how person fit take make people regard am
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
NYCnextStop:
grin grin

How man go do na?? But seriously how person fit take make people regard am
it's not a forced thing. you can't coarse it.
If it doesn't come naturally in the person. forget it.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by NYCnextStop(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

it's not a forced thing. you can't coarse it.
If it doesn't come naturally in the person. forget it.
But I believe there are things one can do to make people regard you
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by MrMacinterchi1: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
NYCnextStop:
But I believe there are things one can do to make people regard you
the ones you have done, what positive response/results have you gotten from it.
if it happens, then it will be a forced regard which does not have any value.

The said, you can take a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink from the stream. It's like beating a dead horse to come back to live.

You get.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by NYCnextStop(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

the ones you have done, what positive response/results have you gotten from it.
if it happens, then it will be a forced regard which does not have any value.

The said, you can take a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink from the stream. It's like beating a dead horse to come back to live.

You get.
Sure... I get grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Lady Sat On A Table On A Commercial Motorcycle (PHOTO) / If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things. / Man Drags Two Large Snakes On The Street Of Zimbabwe In Broad Daylight (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.