Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684806 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
tonnymexx:
Am about to order my GCMS, I login to http://www.getgcms.com I pick the first option I was asked to pay $20 Canadian dollar and I saw consent form. Please help me on the process on how to order my GCMS.
Thanks

You will be sent two consent forms after payment, which are IRCC and CBSA. Based on people experiences, CBSA note is faster and more detailed. Fill it and send it back to them. Then you start the 30 days countdown.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Wow!!! Please let us keep in touch.
afomon12:

This is serious. Infact, we have so many similarities. Im also going for (Phd) fully funded from the University of Toronto. However, funny enough i only submitted POF of just 400k alongside my funding letter. My home tie was just my parents, siblings and proof that i have a lecturing appointment waiting for me at the University of Ibadan upon the completion of my program. Though, asides my funding i also won another award of above $4000 cads. I applied in march still awaiting final decision. I also got NSE request and replied just the way you did too. Well, i believe nothing is impossible. Let's keep hope alive.
Same here : First Class Honours - 2015 ( University of Ibadan) M.A Distinction - 2019 ( University of Ibadan). Single, with no travel history !!! Lets keep hope alive.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you very much for the advice. I will do that.
SweetJJ:
I will advise you get the gift deed sharperly of at least 1.5mil. And upload to them via webform or email or both. Do not hesitate before they make a decision on your case. Please act fast.

PS: I am not a guru but this is what I have learned from this platform

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you so much
Mofolam:

It doesn’t matter when you paid. As long at it’s paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you
bollybeejay:

You can go ahead and send the webform. It takes nothing away from your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johanneiyoha(f): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2021
Sorry it's a PGD not PGC in business administration.

Lekiboboe post=102922716]
Are you very sure its a P.GC program, if yes, what is the name of the program you got admitted to?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello house, please i need the lagos mail that is in charge of medical update.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2021
@afomon12 and @ikemummy

Congrats on your admissions and funding. I also wish you both and others still waiting a positive outcome in your applications.

From personal experience and those I know on this paltform as well as offline, it is best to always include your own bank account statements in addition to the school funding. For instance, I had less than N50,000 in my account when I submitted my application with full funding (for 4-years). However, that didn't stop me from generating MBS for the naira and for a virtually empty dorm account too to show as POF. I requested my GCMS note two months after arriving in Canada to get a sense of how the processing went. It was a 78-page document. NB: When I submitted application for SP in August 2020, NSE was not yet in effect then.

For the person who is married and already submitted the application with school funding only, (27k CAD is not addequate per the new NSE rule). This is where you could have used you own personal bank statement to make up the difference. Note that you also have a family and the VO will likely adjudged your application with an eye on what your family will survive on while you are away. So if you want to send additional document, I suggest you add a LOE that shows breakdown of your costs for the first year and your funding plans. Show how your family will cope financially while you are away even if this is just showing that your spouse has a job/business to support in your absence. March application date also seems a bit mature so I would request GCSM notes now.

For the single applicant, I think you did a good job but could always be better. If you have no qualms with submitting your own bank statement for one year, I think it is okay to do so. Although it would have been best if this was done originally.

All in all, both applications are promising.

post=102957456]Wow!!! Please let us keep in touch.
[/quote]

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abbey0911(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
These are my own refusal reasons.
@Frankrobbn1 and other Gurus in the house please your comments will be greatly appreciated..
I'm planning to re-apply before the end of the month.

@Frankrobbn1 can I private chat you please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Akannitommy:
@afomon12 and @ikemummy

Congrats on your admissions and funding. I also wish you both and others still waiting a positive outcome in your applications.

From personal experience and those I know on this paltform as well as offline, it is best to always include your own bank account statements in addition to the school funding. For instance, I had less than N50,000 in my account when I submitted my application with full funding (for 4-years). However, that didn't stop me from generating MBS for the naira and for a virtually empty dorm account too to show as POF. I requested my GCMS note two months after arriving in Canada to get a sense of how the processing went. It was a 78-page document. NB: When I submitted application for SP in August 2020, NSE was not yet in effect then.

For the person who is married and already submitted the application with school funding only, (27k CAD is not addequate per the new NSE rule). This is where you could have used you own personal bank statement to make up the difference. Note that you also have a family and the VO will likely adjudged your application with an eye on what your family will survive on while you are away. So if you want to send additional document, I suggest you add a LOE that shows breakdown of your costs for the first year and your funding plans. Show how your family will cope financially while you are away even if this is just showing that your spouse has a job/business to support in your absence. March application date also seems a bit mature so I would request GCSM notes now.

For the single applicant, I think you did a good job but could always be better. If you have no qualms with submitting your own bank statement for one year, I think it is okay to do so. Although it would have been best if this was done originally.

Always on point every time. Thank you for all you do here!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Rae3355: 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hi,
Congratulations to all those who received PPR recently.

Any March applicants in the house?

I applied on March 27th and the eligibility review has not started - should I be worried??
Medical passed - April 13

I received NSE request in April too but I ignored it, should I have responded?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you very much for your detailed response. I am so grateful.
Akannitommy:
@afomon12 and @ikemummy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
@akannitommy! Thanks so much. The 400k is my personal Statement of account. It's my personal savings. I submitted 6 months statement of account. Secondly, I also submitted my salary account even though I had less than 50k there. I submitted the two personal account statements with the funding letter.
Thanks so much for your wonderful contribution. @ike! Let's chat on 09071858173
Akannitommy:
@afomon12 and @ikemummy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by naijaoyibo: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
She is 24 years old, and works with a reputable company. Earns a salary of about 140,000 Naira per mont. We submitted everything 'submittable' if such a word exist.

Oyesquare10:
Did she submit her employment letter and salary account? I think these two play some parts too especially if the applicant is matured

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by naijaoyibo: 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
Submitted gift of deed of about 10M Naira. and also funded the account of the applicant with the remaining tuition amounting to another 13M Naira. So funded the applicant's account with total of 23M Naira

happachris:
Sorry about that. did he submit any form of affidavit of support from his sponsor(s), did he submit any deed of gifts or account statements?

I got refused for same reasons. Still expecting my gsmc note. Once I do, I will resubmit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
I applied 1st of March and eligibility just started for me last week. I guess it's because we couldn't pass through the NSE route, that is why we are experiencing little delay. However, our eligibility may have started long ago but IRCC has not updated it. Let's keep hope alive.
Rae3355:
Hi,
Congratulations to all those who received PPR recently.

Any March applicants in the house?

I applied on March 27th and the eligibility review has not started - should I be worried??
Medical passed - April 13

I received NSE request in April too but I ignored it, should I have responded?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
naijaoyibo:
She is 24 years old, and works with a reputable company. Earns a salary of about 140,000 Naira per mont. We submitted everything 'submittable' if such a word exist.

Wow....that salary is huge o for a 24 years old....blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ayoslas88: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=ikemummy post=102955294]LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ TILL THE END
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (Nigeria, 2015)
3. Masters: Distinction (South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of about 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

am also in a similar situation...... I have a scholarship of 45,400k Canadian dollar.....(20k cad per year for 2years and an additional 5,400 cad)
Msc at university of Manitoba..... I submitted My bank statement of 700k, employment letter, study leave, 3month pay slip, sale of land Agreement, pension of 2.9m..........

Note my First year tuition fee is 13k cad and my first year leaving expenses of 10k cad....

It will end in praise lord....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Likely University since it's Masters

Favour132:
hi. Pls I’m new here. Been reading silently.
New Brunswick University or college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Happy for you! Congrats again

Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kelvine95: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
ikemummy:
LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ TILL THE END
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (Nigeria, 2015)
3. Masters: Distinction (South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of about 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Hi, I know a number of persons who have gotten approved with just funding letter. I personally got full funding and my visa was approved, though I added my personal statement showing around 1.6M to cover for travel expenses and my first 1 month in Canada.

My advice is that someone closely related to you like your dad or mum or sibling should come as a supporting sponsor in the eventuality of let say delayed payment. This person mustn’t be super rich, since your tuition payment and core living expenses are cast in stone. Usually, one won’t be refused based on insufficient funds (having been refused before with full funding), one will most likely get this financial status and personal asset story, and that’s why it is just good to add some personal funds or funds from very very close relatives.

That being said, your application will most likely be approved. Don’t get too worried, just pray a good VO reviews your application.

Best of luck and it will end in praise!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
nifnifemi:
Correct . I collected my first Jab in May and the 2nd One last week Wednesday.

please how much does this cost and how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Congratulations dear, your timeline is lovely.
I’m also a UNB hopeful, still waiting on my PPR, hopefully we can connect

Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uzomachukwuu: 11:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

This has been a very tiresome journey. Initially, I thought that applying for PhD admission would be the most challenging part of it all, but I never knew that that was the easiest part really. Between Feb and March 2020, I got admission and funding offers from U of Manitoba, Western, and USask. Opted for USask. Submitted my first visa application on June 16, 2020, when I knew almost nothing about the Canadian visa application process. I hadn't even discovered Nairaland then. I committed one error, that of submitting only my funding offer letter as proof of fund, without submitting a bank statement. Sadly, that first application was refused based on personal assets and financial status.

Visa refusal: January 4, 2021

Guided by all the information I got from the good folks here on Nairaland, I reapplied on February 26.

AOR: Feb 26
NSE Request: Feb 28
I sent them my Mybankstatement and IELTS waiver request letter less than 20 minutes after the NSE request came in

Ideologically opposed to taking IELTS, I had preemptively written and armed myself with an IELTS Waiver Request Letter, in which I argued against the logicality of asking an English PhD student to submit IELTS test scores. Silly me though, that letter sounded as if I was beefing with IRCC — and, yes, I was really mad at them due to my initial visa refusal.

You see, one of the things that made me very angry about that first visa refusal was that in the GCMS notes I obtained weeks after the painful hit, the visa officer remarked twice that they had asked me over three months earlier to send my bank statement or that of a sponsor, which I failed to do. Dianyi, I didn't receive any email from them requesting for any such thing. And there was no request letter sent via GCKey either. So I just couldn't understand their wahala. My guess is that probably due to a glitch in their system, the email they generated ended up not getting sent to me, even though it was showing in the 'Outgoing' section of the GCMS notes. So my blood was hot as I was writing the IELTS waiver request, which they never actually honoured, as I learnt.

Program of Study: PhD in English
Marital status: Single
MA (2019)
NYSC (2016-17)
BA (2015)
Travel experience: None
Work experience: 3
Current employment: Freelance writing

Documents submitted

1. My personal bankstatement: Containing just ₦1.5m
2. Funding offer from USask: Dean's Scholarship of 22k + Tuition waiver
3. Letter of support from popsy (I didn't submit his bank statement)
4. MA transcript (GPA 5.0)
5. MA statement of result
6. BA transcript (CGPA: 4.17)
7. BA certificate
8. WAEC
9. FSLC (Lol)
10. Birth Certificate
11. My land survey document
12. Statement of Purpose (5)
13. Letter Explaining How I intend to fund my studies (4 pages)
14. Curriculum Vitae
15. International Passport
16. e-Medical Slip
17. Digital photo

18. Admission Letter from USask
19. Confirmation of Enrolment

21. PhD Supervisor’s Letter, advocating for me to be issued a visa

22. Attestation Letter from a senior lecturer (my mentor) in UNN, highlighting my academic merits and good conducts

23. Notification of a FUTURE Job Offer from the Head of my Department in my former University, stating that the department will be happy to offer me a job after my PhD in Canada (Lol)

24. Letter of Recommendation from my Master’s Supervisor

26. Certificate of Merit from my NYSC PPA (2016-17)

27. I didn't submit any letter of recommendation or introduction letter from my most recent former employer (make them hold their wahala, abeg)

28. Certificate of Service as a Cadet-Member of the NYSC Road Safety Club

29. Birth Certificates and Passport of my Siblings

Eligibility review started on April 22, that's two days after I contacted the office of the MP representing USask to make enquiries on my behalf regarding the lag in updating my application.

Medical was updated on May 18.

Oh, boy! Na then wey the real anxiety come start. Coming here to Nairaland everyday to read other people's testimonies became like a full time job for me, just as my fingers got automatically configured to opening my GCKey account more than 20 times a day: almost as a first thing anytime I bring up my phone to press.

At a point I almost fell into huge depression. Put off my phone line, got off WhatsApp, deactivated my Nairaland account (that's why you'll see that this current moniker I'm using is newly created, just one alphabet different from 'Uzomachukwu' which was the account I had previously been using here).

Last week when Omalinze (whose visa application I prepared and submitted the same period I was working on my second application) called to tell me that his visa has been approved, I was happy and, yet, cried. Mine was an ambiguous mix of happiness and sadness. He too understood, and kept reassuring me that I was going to get my PPR soon. But you see, one of my 'positive' personal failings, if at all it should be so-called, is that I'm a man who is very much taken to the hermeneutics of suspicion, a young man who has been trained by life to believe in working from the point of pessimism (suspicion) towards the middle point of reality (concrete experience), before arriving at the point of optimism. So it's usually difficult for me to let myself be persuaded to move from pessimism to optimism without first beholding, almost like a Thomas (well, in Nigeria, suspicion has its many uses).

PPR: June 21, 2021.

All I can say about this journey is: All glory be to Jehovah, the father of tender mercies, alone.

And to all the persons here doing the fine work of elucidating the many riddles of IRCC, and helping others through their application, I say: May what you desire locate you. Thanks to you all.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by doseofpeculiar: 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Congratulations...it has ended in praise
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kobayashi01(m): 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=Uzomachukwuu post=102961610]Long Post Alert:

Congratulations!!!… I’m so happy for you, I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 12:01am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Talk about e the most

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 12:06am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

Congratulations Uzomachuckwu, I have been looking forward to your approval for some time now. The wait has ended and it ended in success. May it be the beginning of greater success.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 22, 2021
Anon123:

Both should agree on who goes first.

9m is not enough
how much is enough 4 her?
she should also consider getting a close relative preferably with same surname, sponsor her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 12:21am On Jun 22, 2021
Wow! Congratulations. It ended in praise. I am so happy for you.
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

This has been a very tiresome journey. Initially, I thought that applying for PhD admission would be the most challenging part of it all, but I never knew that that was the easiest part really. Between Feb and March 2020, I got admission and funding offers from U of Manitoba, Western, and USask. Opted for USask. Submitted my first visa application on June 16, 2020, when I knew almost nothing about the Canadian visa application process. I hadn't even discovered Nairaland then. I committed one error, that of submitting only my funding offer letter as proof of fund, without submitting a bank statement. Sadly, that first application was refused based on personal assets and financial status.

Guided by all the information I got from the good folks here on Nairaland, I reapplied on February 26.

I sent them my Mybankstatement and IELTS waiver request letter less than 20 minutes after the NSE request came in

Ideologically opposed to taking IELTS, I had preemptively written and armed myself with an IELTS Waiver Request Letter, in which I argued against the logicality of asking an English PhD student to submit IELTS test scores. Silly me though, that letter sounded as if I was beefing with IRCC — and, yes, I was really mad at them due to my initial visa refusal.

You see, one of the things that made me very angry about that first visa refusal was that in the GCMS notes I obtained weeks after the painful hit, the visa officer remarked twice that they had asked me over three months earlier to send my bank statement or that of a sponsor, which I failed to do. Dianyi, I didn't receive any email from them requesting for any such thing. And there was no request letter sent via GCKey either. So I just couldn't understand their wahala. My guess is that probably due to a glitch in their system, the email they generated ended up not getting sent to me, even though it was showing in the 'Outgoing' section of the GCMS notes. So my blood was hot as I was writing the IELTS waiver request, which they never actually honoured, as I learnt.

MA (2019)
NYSC (2016-17)
BA (2015)

Documents submitted

7. BA certificate
8. WAEC
9. FSLC (Lol)
10. Birth Certificate
14. Curriculum Vitae
16. e-Medical Slip
17. Digital photo

22. Attestation Letter from a senior lecturer (my mentor) in UNN, highlighting my academic merits and good conducts

23. Notification of a FUTURE Job Offer from the Head of my Department in my former University, stating that the department will be happy to offer me a job after my PhD in Canada (Lol)

27. I didn't submit any letter of recommendation or introduction letter from my most recent former employer (make them hold their wahala, abeg)

Eligibility review started on April 22, that's two days after I contacted the office of the MP representing USask to make enquiries on my behalf regarding the lag in updating my application.

Oh, boy! Na then wey the real anxiety come start. Coming here to Nairaland everyday to read other people's testimonies became like a full time job for me, just as my fingers got automatically configured to opening my GCKey account more than 20 times a day: almost as a first thing anytime I bring up my phone to press.

At a point I almost fell into huge depression. Put off my phone line, got off WhatsApp, deactivated my Nairaland account (that's why you'll see that this current moniker I'm using is newly created, just one alphabet different from 'Uzomachukwu' which was the account I had previously been using here).

Last week when Omalinze (whose visa application I prepared and submitted the same period I was working on my second application) called to tell me that his visa has been approved, I was happy and, yet, cried. Mine was an ambiguous mix of happiness and sadness. He too understood, and kept reassuring me that I was going to get my PPR soon. But you see, one of my 'positive' personal failings, if at all it should be so-called, is that I'm a man who is very much taken to the hermeneutics of suspicion, a young man who has been trained by life to believe in working from the point of pessimism (suspicion) towards the middle point of reality (concrete experience), before arriving at the point of optimism. So it's usually difficult for me to let myself be persuaded to move from pessimism to optimism without first beholding, almost like a Thomas (well, in Nigeria, suspicion has its many uses).

All I can say about this journey is: All glory be to Jehovah, the father of tender mercies, alone.

And to all the persons here doing the fine work of elucidating the many riddles of IRCC, and helping others through their application, I say: May what you desire locate you. Thanks to you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by modestmj: 12:43am On Jun 22, 2021
Congratulations � Uzomachukwu, I told you, I saw this ccoming. I am super excited for you. More wins & greater heights.

Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

MA (2019)
NYSC (2016-17)
BA (2015)

Documents submitted

7. BA certificate
8. WAEC
9. FSLC (Lol)
10. Birth Certificate
14. Curriculum Vitae
16. e-Medical Slip
17. Digital photo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 12:51am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

MA (2019)
NYSC (2016-17)
BA (2015)

Documents submitted

7. BA certificate
8. WAEC
9. FSLC (Lol)
10. Birth Certificate
14. Curriculum Vitae
16. e-Medical Slip
17. Digital photo

Congratulationsss...I can imagine how happy you must be. I sent you a DM....but you didn't respond. I guess this must have been the time you were away. Congratulations once again

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.