Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,210 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685704 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Queenmama03:
Indeed what my God cannot do does not exist!
PPR received just now.
I still feel like I'm dreaming.
April 22nd applicant
@FrankRobbn1 you are the real MVP.

Congratulations..... It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CrownTdan: 8:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Good morning Gurus.

Can I apply for my GCMS notes after my permit approval?
I want to have an insight into some factors that aided the outcome

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abbey0911(m): 8:26am On Jun 22, 2021
The v.o talked so much about ur uncle's finances and lump sum. Please what does your uncle do for a living? Did you submit support documents? He's into real estate. I designed most of his building.

-How old are you? Did u submit evidence of your employment/income. I'm 34years and yes I did

-Did your uncle make any commitment? Like payment of 1 semester or 1 full year tuition deposit? No he didn't but I paid $4,000CAD to University of Windsor has deposit.

-You also need to work very well on ur SOP and make it concise. Seems the v.o doesn't understand your career path, and doesn't seem to see anything reasonable abt ur study plan. You're right. Can I send my SOP to you for comments pls?.

Thank you so much Otunba

RxOtunba:
-The v.o talked so much about ur uncle's finances and lump sum. Please what does your uncle do for a living? Did you submit support documents?

-How old are you? Did u submit evidence of your employment/income

-Did your uncle make any commitment? Like payment of 1 semester or 1 full year tuition deposit?

-You also need to work very well on ur SOP and make it concise. Seems the v.o doesn't understand your career path, and doesn't seem to see anything reasonable abt ur study plan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:27am On Jun 22, 2021
tracy0803409:
Goodmorning House,please how do i use FORM A in payment of tuition deposit

I need to meet up with the deadline for admission

Thanks for your responses

Hello sir, id advise you to forget about formA for now if you really wanna meet up with the deadline...

Use parallel mart... If u r paying CAD, contact me, I might b able to help.....420/N.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2021
sexydamsel4luv:
Hello, Good morning. Please can anyone suggest an affordable college that is Eligible for post graduate work permit.. I am looking at studying hospitality management.. please I will be waiting for a response. Thank you.

Check Selkirk College. Great School. I am presently running online PGD Culinary Management under Hospitality Management. Still waiting for visa though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2021
Oyesquare10:
*PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT*

*1st dose COVID Vaccination in Lagos State*

As we continue the *2nd dose* COVID vaccination exercise in Lagos State, we encourage people who are due for the 2nd dose (6weeks after the 1st jab) to come for their 2nd jab *irrespective of the appointment date* (This is recommended by National Primary Health Care Development Agency & Development Partners)

*1st dose vaccination:* We are also giving opportunity for people older than 18years that are willing to get their 1st doses *commencing from tomorrow Monday 21st June, 2021*

*TIME* 8.00AM - 3.00PM daily.

*VENUE:* Designated vaccination posts - Health Centres/PHCs & General Hospitals within
the LGAs/LCDAs

*COVID Vaccination is FREE, Effective and Safe*

Announcer:
Lagos State Primary Health Care Board.

What are the requirements pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes , the news I sign up for ! Congratulations - It will reach everyone of us !

Queenmama03:
Indeed what my God cannot do does not exist!
PPR received just now.
I still feel like I'm dreaming.
April 22nd applicant
@FrankRobbn1 you are the real MVP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2021
gracedson:
?

Do, they will acknowledge this fast enough. The web form might take about 2 weeks or less before you get acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:33am On Jun 22, 2021
Iffylove:
Thanks
please how long does the medicals take at QLife.. Does it exceed 2hours?

It depends on the numbers of applicants scheduled for that day. However, I won't guarantee you that it won't take more than 2 hours.... I got to the hospital around 7am, I completed my medicals and walked out the doors of the hospital around 4pm...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2021
MadeMan01:

Which LGA did you go for COVID vaccine and what vaccine options are availabl

I reside in Lagos. Ikorodu to be precise. All you have to do is to go to the nearest Primary Health Care Center/LCDA/LGA/General Hospital in your area.

Took mine in my LCDA and it is FREE. I was not asked to pay any money. They prefer to attend to second dose takers, but I brought their attention to the announcement made by the Govt and they attended to me.

Also, make sure you eat very well before you take the dose.

The vaccine available is AstraZeneca/Oxford.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2021
Thaiy:

Do, they will acknowledge this fast enough. The web form might take about 2 weeks or less before you get acknowledged.
Can you help me with their email address please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:44am On Jun 22, 2021
ikemummy:
LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ TILL THE END
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (Nigeria, 2015)
3. Masters: Distinction (South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of about 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Get the gift deed done. Your bank statement should have been added as means for supporting your travel expense and other miscellaneous alongside the funds you got.

It's never late, get it done and submit via web form, also include your SOA this time.

Someone shared sometimes ago, at least, 1M

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2021
Congratulations sis , may Canada favor you.

[quote author=Uzomachukwuu post=102961610]Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2021
Thaiy:

If you do know the country where you case file is, for most it Nairobi office.

It will end in praise
Amen, thank you for the response, yes I already sent a webform to Nairobi and Lagos, I am thinking of sending a email2email message to them also, please kindly send their email address if you have it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 8:49am On Jun 22, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Yah, heard that too, but not sure if it is approved like that, no matter what, one still have to do the quarantine, but nevertheless sha...

What type of dose were you given? (it has the necessary for countries)
And when did you do it?
What was the duration between the two doses?

It’s official now.

1st dose of AstraZeneca/Oxford.

Yesterday, 21/06/2021.

2nd dose is taken 6 weeks from the 1st dose.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:50am On Jun 22, 2021
gracedson:
Amen, thank you for the response, yes I already sent a webform to Nairobi and Lagos, I am thinking of sending a email2email message to them also, please kindly send their email address if you have it.
No you don't need to send an email after filling the webform. It is frowned upon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 8:50am On Jun 22, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello dear. Please where did you take the vaccine?

I reside in Lagos. Ikorodu to be precise. All you have to do is to go to the nearest Primary Health Care Center/LCDA/LGA/General Hospital in your area.

Took mine in my LCDA and it is FREE. I was not asked to pay any money. They prefer to attend to second dose takers, but I brought their attention to the announcement made by the Govt and they attended to me.

Also, make sure you eat very well before you take the dose.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Eventus31: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year

Oh, boy! Na then wey the real anxiety come start. Coming here to Nairaland everyday to read other people's testimonies became like a full time job for me,

PPR: June 21, 2021.

Congratulations Prof. May Canada favour you Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DianneM: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2021
Hello Kelvin95,

can i mail you please?

kelvine95:

Hi, I know a number of persons who have gotten approved with just funding letter. I personally got full funding and my visa was approved, though I added my personal statement showing around 1.6M to cover for travel expenses and my first 1 month in Canada.

My advice is that someone closely related to you like your dad or mum or sibling should come as a supporting sponsor in the eventuality of let say delayed payment. This person mustn’t be super rich, since your tuition payment and core living expenses are cast in stone. Usually, one won’t be refused based on insufficient funds (having been refused before with full funding), one will most likely get this financial status and personal asset story, and that’s why it is just good to add some personal funds or funds from very very close relatives.

That being said, your application will most likely be approved. Don’t get too worried, just pray a good VO reviews your application.

Best of luck and it will end in praise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Abeg, where is the PPR now ooo? Have all April Applicants here got their PPR? I am restless

March 1st Applicant, still waiting.

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2021
Good morning everyone, I intend to attach the note below to the mybankstatement and gift deed that I will send to IRCC via webform today. Please is there anything you feel I should correct in the note? Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
"Dear Visa Officer

Thank you once more for offering me the Nigeria Student Express (NSE) for faster processing of my study permit application.
I am writing with regards to my previous letter dated 28 May 2021 in which I responded to your NSE offer and informed you that I may not be able to provide the documents you requested before the deadline but assured you that I have sufficient funding required to successfully complete my Ph.D. as I was offered graduate funding by Saint Mary’s University (SMU) and my supervisor.

Kindly find attached the documents requested (a mybankStatement certificate and 12 months of banking history)

The 2 million Naira lumpsum deposit in my bank account is a gift from my father which I have earmarked to supplement the graduate funding offered to me by SMU and my supervisor (please see the gift deed attached for more details).

I kindly ask that you continue with the faster processing of my application so that I can get a decision that is early enough to enable me to attend the fall semester
Thank you very much for your time and favourable consideration."

kelvine95:

Hi, I know a number of persons who have gotten approved with just funding letter. I personally got full funding and my visa was approved, though I added my personal statement showing around 1.6M to cover for travel expenses and my first 1 month in Canada.

My advice is that someone closely related to you like your dad or mum or sibling should come as a supporting sponsor in the eventuality of let say delayed payment. This person mustn’t be super rich, since your tuition payment and core living expenses are cast in stone. Usually, one won’t be refused based on insufficient funds (having been refused before with full funding), one will most likely get this financial status and personal asset story, and that’s why it is just good to add some personal funds or funds from very very close relatives.

That being said, your application will most likely be approved. Don’t get too worried, just pray a good VO reviews your application.

Best of luck and it will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2021
IntimidationJay:
calm bro, April 22nd here and I haven’t heard anything.
Brother, we need to get this result

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:55am On Jun 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

March 1st Applicant, still waiting.

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!
that's harsh. Have your eligibility begun?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2021
Thaiy:

Not true.

2nd dose are being attended too.
The 2nd stream of vaccines just got in, and they have started vaccinating interested individuals.
Did you actually read what I wrote?. Until yesterday, vaccines were only available for the second dose stream.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Congratulations........ It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
that's harsh. Have your eligibility begun?

Nope.

Though I have tried to login this morning, but couldn’t. I think I saw a notification yesterday on their website that the site will be under going some maintenance work between 1am to 6am ETD ( 6am to 11am Nigerian time).

I have also sent an email to Nairobi, was told that my application is under “active review”.

God, I dey your hand ooo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2021
Good morning everyone , for those of us that are finding it difficult to pay after booking .. What is the evidence required to show at the clinic on appointment day please? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Brother, we need to get this result
Bruh! The should provide the approvals abeg. My mental health needs a break.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2021
Brother, I am so so happy for you. At a point I started praying for your Visa without my own grin. Really really happy for you

Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2021
Someone here reached out to the PM concerning march applicants .. He was replied that eligibility has began for you people but just not updated , it will end in praise.

CHIKACIC:

Nope.

Though I have tried to login this morning, but couldn’t. I think I saw a notification yesterday on their website that the site will be under going some maintenance work between 1am to 6am ETD ( 6am to 11am Nigerian time).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Nope.

bruh did you go through NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2021
Same here , I'm always having mood swings .

IntimidationJay:
Bruh! The should provide the approvals abeg. My mental health needs a break.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: samdollas2004(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.