Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685781 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:24pm On May 27, 2021
Phiyin:
Good day everyone. Please doesn anyone have reviews or applied to ST. CLAIR COLLEGE in ontario?

Hi,

See below,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:24pm On May 27, 2021
Please when going to the bank to pay with Form A, what documents do I need to take with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:27pm On May 27, 2021
So today my stamped passport got into my palms. I can't explain the feeling. #MUNFall21

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gahneeyah(f): 2:38pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations @NwanyiOkpa cool

Hello Goodafternoon everyone, pls would like to enquire about the pgwp. The course i am
going for is 18months (with coop) how many years of Pgwp will i be given. Becus the one i have seen here is 1year program = 1yearpgwp
2y prg= 3yrs pgwp. Pls i need clearification. THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 27, 2021
Good day guys, please I want to pay my remaining tution balance but I'm using form A for d first time, pls zenith bank and Access bank which one is faster using form A? If I want to use another bank im not banking with, which of them is preferable also ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 2:40pm On May 27, 2021
chinwenikky:
Good evening,
I have been going through most of the responses to questions about study permit and I appreciate all the help that are pouring in on this platform.
I have a question: I have a -one-year letter of acceptance to Conestoga College to study PGC in Food processing. After this, I intend to continue and study for a Master's degree in Food Science. What should I write as my proposed length of study? I am going to study PGC because I have an HND in Food Technology, hence cannot go in for a direct Masters in Food Science.
Thank you.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-to-reply-after-refusal-with-gcms-notes.733527/#post-9430711
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gbadeolu1: 2:41pm On May 27, 2021
Hello house, I'm happy it ended in praise!!!!

JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST NOW!!! BUT...

1. My resumption date was May 10, but got approval on 27th. Should I apply to defer my resumption till Fall?

2. As the study permit approval was long belayed, I had decided to take an opportunity in the US. Now, I'm in a school in the US. What do you suggest I do? Also, can I have my passport stamped in the US instead of posting to Nigeria?

3. Deferring my resumption till Fall will mean I will be losing the funding I got, which was to start this May. Does it worth it to proceed?

Some of my questions may be best answered by me but your contributions may enlighten me.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by canadasool: 2:41pm On May 27, 2021
@kkddyit

Has your eligibility review started yet?

Hope you're also getting the ghost update thing?

Kkddyit:

Do you log in to your GCKEY everyday for ghost updates to confirm if they are processing your application at all?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by canadasool: 2:43pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations.

gbadeolu1:

1. My resumption date was May 10, but got approval on 27th. Should I apply to defer my resumption till Fall?

2. As the study permit approval was long belayed, I had decided to take an opportunity in the US. Now, I'm in a school in the US. What do you suggest I do? Also, can I have my passport stamped in the US instead of posting to Nigeria?

3. Deferring my resumption till Fall will mean I will be losing the funding I got, which was to start this May. Does it worth it to proceed?

Some of my questions may be best answered by me but your contributions may enlighten me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ChampO(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2021
Thanks alot for your swift response, I tried it, still it didn't work but I can view other pdf forms sha.
Do you have a copy of the latest IMM forms?
I just sent a PM.

Bunmijab:

Uninstall that Adobe Reader on your Computer & download this one in the link Below

Its file size is 169 MB (Latest Version December 2020)

https://www.techspot.com/amp/downloads/2083-adobe-reader-dc.html#download_scroll

Open the link above, and click on

OFFLINE INSTALLER, a page will open, so within seconds, a Download Prompt will pop up, then you can now download it.

Make sure you download the IMM forms with a Laptop or Computer from CIC website, don't download it from anywhere else cos they do update their IMM forms, the IMM form of August 2020 would likely be different from the IMM form of September 2020

By the way, see this

Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS & HOW TO FILL IMM FORMS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89360183

This was what I did.... Gotten from previous thread. You can try it

Best of luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:52pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations!

gbadeolu1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ChampO(m): 2:55pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations!!
NwanyiOkpa:
So today my stamped passport got into my palms. I can't explain the feeling. #MUNFall21

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EverGrateful: 2:56pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Abeg gurus , please respond.

gbadeolu1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:59pm On May 27, 2021
Good afternoon everyone

Please how do I send my passport for stamping

I’ve checked vsf global but don’t know how to go about it.
Am I to pay to a certain account and where do I send the passport to.

Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:02pm On May 27, 2021
Please how did you send it for stamping

Detailed explanation would be appreciated

NwanyiOkpa:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 27, 2021
Good day guys, please I want to pay my remaining tution balance but I'm using form A for d first time, pls zenith bank and Access bank which one is faster using form A? If I want to use another bank im not banking with, which of them is preferable also ?
Pls need urgent advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheLee(f): 3:07pm On May 27, 2021
Joining the conversation on behalf of my twin.

Masters of Computer Science.
University of New Brunswick.
Applied: May 14 2021
Biometrics request: May 15 2021
Biometrics done: May 26 2021
Medicals done: May 24 2021
Medicals passed: May 26 2021.

I’m co sponsor.
POF: USD $22,000 from me, N2.1M (earns 400k monthly) from him, 30M worth property in his name.
We submitted all documents and evidence we had and are hoping for the best. No IELTS yet.

Keeping the hope alive. God will come through for us.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:09pm On May 27, 2021
Lianna2020:
Good afternoon everyone

Please how do I send my passport for stamping

I’ve checked vsf global but don’t know how to go about it.
Am I to pay to a certain account and where do I send the passport to.

Please help
Detailed Information on Sending Passport to Lagos or Abuja VFS for STAMPING after getting PPR
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form and fill only the 2nd Page

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 3:12pm On May 27, 2021
ChampO:
Thanks alot for your swift response, I tried it, still it didn't work but I can view other pdf forms sha.
I just sent a PM.

Oh didn't see it.....try clearing your browser. It should work. Also ensure you uninstall previous version of Adobe first before following the download I sent earlier

It should work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:15pm On May 27, 2021
Thank you

Please is the 7430 still valid Or it’s more than that @nwanyiokpa please input

Lekiboboe:

Detailed Information on Sending Passport to Lagos or Abuja VFS for STAMPING after getting PPR
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form and fill only the 2nd Page

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:22pm On May 27, 2021
gbadeolu1:

.1. All school activities are still basically done online so I see no reason you should defer. Reach out to the school authorities explaining the situation and estimated time of arrival to Canada.

2. I think you'd have to send passport to Nigeria through courier. I'm not sure.

3. You're in the best position to answer this but try as much as possible to resume for the may intake.
Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:25pm On May 27, 2021
ChampO:
I just sent a PM.

Click on the download icon. Save to desktop, then open with Adobe 10.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kkddyit: 3:25pm On May 27, 2021
canadasool:
@kkddyit

Has your eligibility review started yet?

Hope you're also getting the ghost update thing?

Yes, started since April. I still got a ghost update this morning.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 3:27pm On May 27, 2021
gbadeolu1:

Have you resumed your program in the US? And do you prefer the Canadian offer than the one in the US?

I think you should mail your program in Canada and explain that you just got your study permit application approved and inquire if it is possible for you to get access to your initial funding this Fall or if you could still meet up for May resumption.

If they decide to extend the funding offer to you, then you can decide if it is worth it to leave the US program and take the Canadian opportunity.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 3:37pm On May 27, 2021
ChampO:
I just sent a PM.

I will suggest you try another browser, for example, internet explorer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 3:44pm On May 27, 2021
Yes, I will apply for my own first. Hope there is no problem saying I am leaving my kids with my elder sister?
SweetJJ:
Alternatively, if you decide to leave him/her
and apply for your own first, it will be better.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by canadasool: 3:45pm On May 27, 2021
That's cool! Thought to check on you.

The ghost update thing self. We want Original Passport Request jare.

Kkddyit:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 3:51pm On May 27, 2021
Teenie19:
So I got a response from Nairobi and it's the usual under active review story but this time I noticed they have removed the COVID reason..lol

Anyway GCMS notes will arrive by tomorrow or latest monday and I will share here. This is for my sister's application submitted Feb 11th.

Are u serious??
Pls screenshot the message body I want to see how it looks like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:52pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations in advance

Kkddyit:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 3:53pm On May 27, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:

Congratulations nwanyiokpa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gbadeolu1: 4:07pm On May 27, 2021
shupy:

.1. All school activities are still basically done online so I see no reason you should defer. Reach out to the school authorities explaining the situation and estimated time of arrival to Canada.

2. I think you'd have to send passport to Nigeria through courier. I'm not sure.

3. You're in the best position to answer this but try as much as possible to resume for the may intake.
Congratulations

Thank you. This is really helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 27, 2021
I would advise you to include your child. Since you got a full scholarship,try to get the additional funds to cover for your child.
Don't be too eager to leave the child. plus it might affect you psychologically while you are studying.
I have also read a visa rejected based on the applicant leaving an infant for studies. This is not to discourage you..but personally I would say you take the risk of adding your baby and back it up with alot of prayers. (Writing from a mother's point of view)

ifeoluwadayofun:
Good morning good people, I still need your input on this please.
I discovered it is unusual but is it possible or I have to start planning on going with my baby?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57