Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (693802 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2021
Temmygrace:
Hello everyone,
I’m new here! Please I need guidance on my study Visa application. I was refused recently.
Brief Summary:
I’m 35 yrs old. Worked as a customer service representative in a bank for 5 years. Another 5 years as a Customer relationship officer with state revenue service. Started my own retail business and I have been self employed for 5 yrs. I have a B.Sc degree in business administration (3rd class). I would like to study marketing and applied for a 2yr diploma program at Sheridan college. With my degree class, I wasn’t sure I could get into the post graduate certificate program. With an offer letter, I applied for a study visa and was refused on several counts (will get to that later)
But let’s start here - Kindly advise me on the best study program path that will help my Visa application based on my academic qualification and work experience. Thank you all.
So sorry about your refusal.

Have you gotten your GCMS notes? If No, try to get it. The refusal reasons by the VO are boldly stated stated there. The refusal reasons on a refusal letter are mostly generic and not well detailed like the one on a GCMS notes.

My own opinion as regards your profile.

Since you have a B.SC degree (irrespective of the grade you graduated with) and you have 5-years work experience as a Self Employed Business Person, a PG. Cert program is your best shot.

Your 3rd Class grade (B.SC) is not a reason for you to go for an ordinary diploma. A Visa Officer would see your study plan as vague if you go for a Program (Diploma) that is lesser than your already gotten academic qualification (B.SC). That shows no Academic Progression.

Based on your Academic Qualification & Work experience, you are expected to go for a PG. Cert program related to your recent work experience (Retail Business).

You need to package your ADMISSION APPLICATION, to improve your chances of getting the ADMISSION.

That being said, see the link below for;

PG. Cert in Business Related Courses

do your research on them one by one, take your time & check the course curriculum of each programs etc, tuition amount for international students,
if you see the one that suites, apply.

PG. Cert in Business Management (2 years program)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/269#99133605

Also Check here for more
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

Also, if you feel a Marketing Program aligns well with your recent Job experience (Retail Business) you can go for it.

That being said, see the link below for

PG. Cert Programs in Marketing

Strategic Relationship Marketing
George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Integrated Marketing Communications
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

Marketing Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Marketing Management
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Strategic Marketing and Marketing Analytics

Marketing Management
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Marketing Management – Financial Services

Digital Media Marketing

Marketing (multiple specializations)
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Marketing Management

Marketing Research And Business Intelligence
Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Marketing Management

do your research on them one by one, take your time & check the course curriculum of each programs etc, tuition amount for international students,

Like I said initially, a 3rd Class graduate would need to do some admission packaging in his/her application in order to stand a chance for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) Admission. Since you have work experience in the PG. Cert program you want to apply for, you stand a very good chance of getting the admission. Note that, apart from your ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT for admission, you would need a COVER LETTER for admission and a CANADIAN STYLE résumé as your Admission Application Supporting Documents.
Once you see the template of those two documents, you would know what to write for your Cover Letter & Canadian Style Résumé.

That being said, see the contents in the 2-links below;

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

Below are other Essential Contents you would find helpful (go through the links)

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Benefits of adding supporting documents to your College Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) admission application in order to boost your admission Chances
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/481#104216281

Good luck!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2021
Please house, i got a refusal yesterday and got a ghost update today.......

Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chigloriar: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Lovesarrow:
This my brother's application shows that what God cannot do does not exist and that there is no hard and fast rule for ircc. He refused to do IELTS and refused to do upfront medicals. He graduated in 2012 and has never worked for anybody in his life. He just runs his ecommerce business. And his application was haphazardly packed. Me I did IELTS and upfront medicals still we are still waiting..
Omo I'm still shaking on his behalf

Please how can I reach u personally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2021
Thank u very much.
I've heard.

shupy:

There are are no ground rules to application packaging/documentation. What I offer you is just an opinion. In my preassessment note, it was noted that I provided proof of ownership of my sister's bussines. That implies CAC document is highly regarded.
Yes, a letterhead might be given consideration to an extent but in your circumstance, it's in no way better than providing CAC documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Omo my brothers ppr just landed now. No medical request...
God I'm still waiting chai

Congratulations. It seems like the Nairobi office is just getting to April and may applicants now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2021
You are not the only one in this shoe..

As usual, order for your GCMS notes.

Peace

ademidedavid:

Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2021
makano:
You are not the only one in this shoe..

As usual, order for your GCMS notes.

Peace

Alright, thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MadeMan01(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Omo my brothers ppr just landed now. No medical request...
God I'm still waiting chai

Congratulations!!!!
When did his eligibility start? Did he submit upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Joymusa: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2021
please can someone help me with list of land document to submit. like C of O, power of attorney, and what other document is used to show landed properties .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ade999: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2021
https://www.applyboard.com/

Qweency:
Hi everyone I greet you all with love in my heart,
May God favour breeze upon all our plans for this journey.
Please I have a question o I have plans of studying in canada for studies,

Although, i have already obtained my MA but i want to apply for another second MA but right now I want to look through schools and know which course will tally with my previous field of studies.

Does anyone know where I can see lists of schools and course? Or anything that be of help.

Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2021
I dont think his eligibility ever started. We checked last night and it was we would send you a mail when we start reviewing your eligibility. I am not sure about this morning.
1st time applicant to any country in his life

MadeMan01:

Congratulations!!!!
When did his eligibility start? Did he submit upfront medical?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2021
Sorry for the refusal.
Someone just experienced same - a ghost update after refusal.

ademidedavid:

Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Hassan19: 11:48am On Aug 19, 2021
I’m self-sponsored and I claimed business but I only submitted CAC Certificate showing the business name as proof of business but I didn’t submit the other documents like registration of business (CAC), tax clearance certificate and sales receipts e.tc.

I submitted my application (Non NSE) in June 15 (January intake)

Eligibility has not started

Should I go ahead to upload the other documents through webform or leave it?

I hope uploading these documents won’t extend the processing of my application.

And lastly which other documents can I use as proof of business?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2021
Joymusa:
please can someone help me with list of land document to submit. like C of O, power of attorney, and what other document is used to show landed properties .

Aside C of O (Certificate of Occupancy) & power of attorney, the following land documents can be used to show Landed Properties;

- Deed of Assignment/Conveyance
- Survey plans of the landed properties
- Miscellaneous land Receipts & Stamp duties
- Memorandum of Land Sales
- Affidavit of Land Sale
- Sale Agreement

Await more suggestions from members in house

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2021
mamatee2:
Sorry for the refusal.
Someone just experienced same - a ghost update after refusal.

Is there still hope please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please go ahead and upload them.
It's better to extend the processing of your application than not submit and been refused.
CAC is a very important document to prove establishment of once business.

Hassan19:
I’m self-sponsored and I claimed business but I only submitted CAC Certificate showing the business name as proof of business but I didn’t submit the other documents like registration of business (CAC), tax clearance certificate and sales receipts e.tc.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Temmygrace: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oh wow. Thanks for the loaded info.
Yes, I have applied for the GCMS notes.
Will check out all the links you sent to me. Thanks again. God bless you.��

So sorry about your refusal.

Have you gotten your GCMS notes? If No, try to get it. The refusal reasons by the VO are boldly stated stated there. The refusal reasons on a refusal letter are mostly generic and not well detailed like the one on a GCMS notes.

My own opinion as regards your profile.

Since you have a B.SC degree (irrespective of the grade you graduated with) and you have 5-years work experience as a Self Employed Business Person, a PG. Cert program is your best shot.

Your 3rd Class grade (B.SC) is not a reason for you to go for an ordinary diploma. A Visa Officer would see your study plan as vague if you go for a Program (Diploma) that is lesser than your already gotten academic qualification (B.SC). That shows no Academic Progression.

Based on your Academic Qualification & Work experience, you are expected to go for a PG. Cert program related to your recent work experience (Retail Business).

You need to package your ADMISSION APPLICATION, to improve your chances of getting the ADMISSION.

That being said, see the link below for;

PG. Cert in Business Related Courses

PG. Cert in Business Management (2 years program)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/269#99133605

Also Check here for more
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/644#96730373

Also, if you feel a Marketing Program aligns well with your recent Job experience (Retail Business) you can go for it.

That being said, see the link below for

PG. Cert Programs in Marketing

Strategic Relationship Marketing

Integrated Marketing Communications
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

Marketing Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Marketing Management

Strategic Marketing and Marketing Analytics

Marketing Management
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Marketing Management – Financial Services

Digital Media Marketing

Marketing (multiple specializations)

Marketing Management

Marketing Research And Business Intelligence

Marketing Management

Like I said initially, a 3rd Class graduate would need to do some admission packaging in his/her application in order to stand a chance for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) Admission. Since you have work experience in the PG. Cert program you want to apply for, you stand a very good chance of getting the admission. Note that, apart from your ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT for admission, you would need a COVER LETTER for admission and a CANADIAN STYLE résumé as your Admission Application Supporting Documents.
Once you see the template of those two documents, you would know what to write for your Cover Letter & Canadian Style Résumé.

That being said, see the contents in the 2-links below;

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

Below are other Essential Contents you would find helpful (go through the links)

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Benefits of adding supporting documents to your College Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) admission application in order to boost your admission Chances
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/481#104216281

Good luck!!!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WiZiggy: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please what's LOE?
lobinche101:

sincerely only u can help yourself. unless u want make dem dey lie for u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WiZiggy: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Geeneeka a day or two before your travel date, use clinix apple junction, it's close to you and reliable center (govt approved):
Good morning guys, please someone should recommend a hospital where I can go for covid test, a fast hospital that would provide result on time. I stay around Mile 2 area.

I am travelling on the 24 of August, that's next week Tuesday. When is the best time to get tested for covid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
WiZiggy:
Please what's LOE?
LOE - Letter of Explanation

See this

Difference between SOP & LOE
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WiZiggy: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
Winnieacero@gmail.com please add

Me up
Beebeegirll:
Good morning everyone
Please for those going to MUN
there is a WhatsApp group
Please email if interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
WiZiggy:
Please how do I apply to a school and which school offers the most admission, please help me out with an affordable college

Hi

Your Study Plan should either go in line with what you studied in the University or your work experience (related to your degree or not).

Your Response to the following questions would determine the Post GRAD. Certificate (PG.Cert) program you can/should go for

- What did you study in the University?

- What year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a job? If yes, What is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree or not?)

- How many years work experience do you have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
LOE - LETTER OF EXPLANATION
SOP- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Peace
WiZiggy:
Please what's LOE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lobinche101(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
WiZiggy:
Please what's LOE?
letter of explanation showing your study plan, payment plan, why Canada and your school and other infos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
So sorry about this delay,
When did you submit ?
NSE?

ademidedavid:

Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Iphiegrace:
So sorry about this delay,
When did you submit ?
NSE?

Normal route......submitted April 14th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
But reason am yourself do you think a company letter head is enough to verify a business sometimes we should be practical. These VO's can have doubts about certified documents if they don't understand the policies behind them, talkless of a letterhead. Give me 3k I'll design a company letter head paper for you undecided
Jioke1994:
Hi @shupy,
I was told by a friend that my sponsor can only prove the existence of his business by using a letterheaded paper to write a sponsorship letter. As per his words, this letterheaded paper should have his company's details (including his company's RC no.), which d VO will use to verify d ownership and existence of his business.
How true is this?
He also said that my sponsor doesn't need to provide his CAC documents, just d letterhead of his sponsorship letter is enough to address d existence of his business only if it has his company's RC no.
Tnx coz I know say u go reply.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hello Emeka, was it through webform that you asked for an update?

EmeeNaka:
I don't understand what you mean by stories that touches. How is "stories that touches" connected to Status Update from MP?
When did this rule begin?
MP assisted me to get update on June 13, then helped me again to obtain update on August 3. After that, I personally Requested for update from IRCC on Aug 8,and they sent it on Aug 9.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
This is not totally correct, all these should be included in the SOP..

LOE is simply to tackle refusal reasons of past refused application..

PEACE
lobinche101:

letter of explanation showing your study plan, payment plan, why Canada and your school and other infos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
Naheem I'll advise you to order your GCMS notes to know more about the reason for rejection. But from the rejection letter it seems they believe your family members are accompanying you I hope you didn't say so on your IMM forms maybe it's a mistake on their part. Ultimately, their concerns are your financial capabilities so after you get your notes you can drop it here so gurus can explain it to you but meanwhile I'll advice you try to brush up on your finances and let them see that you can cater for yourself in Canada without having to work.
If and only if funds was the problem and you can validate that, after reading your notes here are steps you can take to prove you have enough funds to live and study in Canada:

1.Pay your first year tution in full and attach the receipts to your next app
2. Obtain a GIC and have funds from about 10k to 50k in there.
3. Show that you will have funds for subsequent years. You will explain this in your LOE and attach prove with it.
4. If you father is sponsoring you please he should write a detailed sponsorship letter elucidating how funds will be distributed. For example let's say you have siblings and he has other responsibilities. He should explain how much he is obligated to give them(school fees/upkeep) each year. How much on average he invests in his businesses. How much will the rest the family spend on expenses and emergencies for a year and how much he will give you per year and of course he'll add prove of where these funds will come from. Maybe he has 3 profit oriented buildings, treasury bills, investments. Be practical and put God I hope you get your visa on the next trial IJN
Naheem4real:
Hi everyone, my application got refused today and I would like to share my timeline at least I might get someone who will point out errors from my application and others can learn from it.
Applied for SP (27th April, 2021)
Biometrics got complete (6th May, 2021)
NSE request (7th May, 2021)
Medical passed and updated (26 July, 2021)
Ignored NSE request and I expected the normal channel to proceed. No update even after 80 days, Review of additional documents still shows “we need additional documents to continue processing ur app.” (Image attached below). Unknowingly to me, I could still upload NSE documents request (I overlooked). Fast forward to 14th of August, I decided to do testing microphone with the NSE (I mistakenly uploaded a different documents in the Proof of Fund slot) still no up date on review of additional documents still shows “we need additional documents…..”

Finally, on Wednesday Eligibility review and background check all started, got a refusal same day.

List of documents I submitted are

Offer letter
LOE
WAEC result
Transcripts
Statement of result
NYSC certificate
Letter of employment
ID card
Letter of recommendation
Certificate of registration (ICAN) still a student
CV
Study leave
Letter of commendation and a picture of award from my place of work
Birth certificate
Police report

For proof of fund
Letter of sponsorship from my pop
Letter of engagement from his place of work
ID card
Deposit receipt of $5,000cad
6 months bank statement (N12m)
Sworn affidavits
Valuation report of a landed property (N38m)

Reason for refusal also attached below.

Still it’s a blessing for me to come across this platform, I hope you get to learn from my mistake(s).

Your amazing ideas are welcome, thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akanoa: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please can someone provide an answer to this question.
I have a previous refusal but I have reapplied. Will the UCI number be the same for the two applications but different application numbers?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Prove of business
1.Tax clearance certificate
2. CAC certificate
3. Business invoice for the past 4 months
4. Pictures of place of business showing your merchandise or goods
5. Sales receipts
Hassan19:

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.