Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688858 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Eplisa: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
I was refused my Canadian study... I want to appeal/request for reasons of my rejection before I can reapply. Please how'd I go about it ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please is there any phone number one can call to get across to IRCC? As a reputable government institution, shouldn't they have a valid phone number to reach them on? Why has nobody mentioned the phone call as an alternative to reach them?

They are not responding to webform, will not acknowledge receipt of documents sent via webform and will not respond to enquiries on applications. If you sent too many mails, they will just dash you a generic response. This is becoming frustrating to say the least. I need to call them on phone.

May14thApplicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
dakosta911:

How long did it take to get the gic certificate
from onset.just calculate not less than 2 weeks that's if u have ur funds already in ur Domiciliary account oo.after submission payment, budget 7-8 working days.they will tell u 4-5 days but its 7-8 working days.also make sure u follow all their payment instructions or else it cud take more than that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
Eplisa:
I was refused my Canadian study... I want to appeal/request for reasons of my rejection before I can reapply. Please how'd I go about it ��
order for ur GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
shams040:
Dear All,

Please I just got my PhD student Visa stamped and would like to ask some questions:

Please can I apply for my wife now to join me immediately?

How much proof of fund do I need as I got 40k Scholarship out of which 19k is tuition and 10k for my own feeding and I still got like 5k personal fund?

Thanks
the gurus will always advise to get ur study permit 1st which u can only get in Canada. also u need ur sin number too which u can only get in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
Most people apply for work permit without having to travel first .
Someone got approved with family , sp for main applicant, work permit for spouse and visit visa for kids. I was shocked .
I feel this whole traveling first thing doesn’t even matter and the sin thingi
Enjay316:
the gurus will always advise to get ur study permit 1st which u can only get in Canada. also u need ur sin number too which u can only get in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
gracedson:
It may be possible but I’d not advise you to do that, Do not complicate your Application, Submit your application before going for the Upfront medical, However let’s wait for the Gurus input.
it does not oo.wen applying,they will ask you if u have done it b4,u will click yes,then there will b a place for you to submit the print out that qlife will give u.most ppl do it now.especially Indians

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lianna2020:
Most people apply for work permit without having to travel first .
Someone got approved with family , sp for main applicant, work permit for spouse and visit visa for kids. I was shocked .
I feel this whole traveling first thing doesn’t even matter and the sin thingi
ok.I heared UCW is requiring all students with Visa and no travel restrictions to resume physically by October. are u aware madam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Enjay316:
it does not oo.wen applying,they will ask you if u have dont it b4,u will click yes,then there will b a place for you to submit the print out that qlife will give u.most ppl do it now.especially Indians
Oh, okay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
I got mine in 24 hours

Enjay316:
from onset.just calculate not less than 2 weeks that's if u have ur funds already in ur Domiciliary account oo.after submission payment, budget 7-8 working days.they will tell u 4-5 days but its 7-8 working days.also make sure u follow all their payment instructions or else it cud take more than that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
fejiromich:
I got mine in 24 hours

u got ur GIC certificate 24hrs after paying from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
Quenmoly:

Pls is there schools that accept OND results because my HND results won’t be available before next yr September... so I want to know if I can use my OND and apply.
I don't know if there is any.

Await response from others on this.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lekiboboe:

I don't know if there is any.

Await response from others on this.

Regards

Lol, why does this sound like a response to a work email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Eplisa: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please can you explain how I will go about it.. like the site.. and other things I need to know ����
I'm new here ,I don't really know how this forum works or how to use it very well... Bear with me ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
favyonyi:
Hello,@lekiboboe pls help me with any suggestions if you can.
I submitted my application online on the 11th of May, got a mail from IRCC to submit an ielts test score before the 24th of June. I took the test and submitted on the 11th of June. My results got acknowledged on the 14th of June. Every since I haven’t gotten any updates. I decided to book for an upfront medicals today.
This is what my account looks like presently. I’m supposed to resume on the 7th of September.
Any suggestions on what next I should do?
Hi,

Your study visa application can't be finalized without Medicals, you ought to have done your Upfront Medicals since that June or July to expedite your study visa application.

Your resumption for SEPTEMBER 7 is damn slim, cos before they pass your Medicals, and approve your study visa (hopefully by God's grace), it would take some time, and after you get your Study Visa Approved, you would now have to submit your passport to VFS for Stamping, that would take another time before you get it back.

They would likely be a Potential deferment from your end with this development.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
Victoryokondu:

Lol, why does this sound like a response to a work email?
Like seriously cheesy

I actually don't have an answer to that question. Someone else might just have an answer to the question smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Yesssssss!!!!! God did it , mine is next !!!!!! Gracedson .. Biggest congrats , sending you cyber hugs broooo !!! So happpyyyy

gracedson:
I swear !!!
PPR just dropped for me !!!

This can only be God’s Grace.

I did not submit a lot of documents, I made lot of mistakes.

God !!!!

I will be back to post my timeline, thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otukemena: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
If your course is 1 year, you could just finish it up and apply for post study work permit. Rather than stopping the whole program!

jfrazzy:

Your story is just like mine ,I did first semester and wrote exams but I am not making payments for second semester till I get a decision, I applied since October last year and I have called everyone and emailed all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SAF2K: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
It's raining PPR today, our hope has been renewed, Congratulations to all clinchers you all should go excel, prosper and be Good Ambassadors , the land shall favour you all. For those with delay, refire until u win, none will be left behind, for those of us waiting we pray for favourable outcome. Today is a good day. Congratulations people

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Eplisa:

Sorry for the refusal.
You can request for your note here; www.thegcmsonline.com, reason why you were refused will be stated there.
As for the appeal, gurus will respond to that but I think you will have to consult an immigration lawyer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Yeah except you have a reason not to and I won’t be resuming until my baby’s app is approved. I can’t leave him behind for any reason
I’d rather defer till next year.
Enjay316:
ok.I heared UCW is requiring all students with Visa and no travel restrictions to resume physically by October. are u aware madam?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congrats bro

Chipo14:
So after 6 months and 5 days my wait finally ended with a PPR.

I got the correspondence letter yesterday and wanted to rush to post it only to see people getting correspondence letters and still getting refused. So I calmed down to see the final decision.

I got the mail exactly 6:22 am and I froze. It came with mixed feelings because my school has withdraw me from the program and my tuition deposit of $2000 cad forfeited. It would have been refunded if I got refused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations to all those that got approved today..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
Quick one, can someone gimme the link to get the MPs in canada. Want to assist someone with it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congrats sis !!! This is a sign that we should remain positive as far as God is still on the throne.

mamatee2:
Come and join me sing Halleluyah!
Jehovah Jireh has done it for me.
My PPR just dropped. BVL dropped some hours before.
I applied with my daughter. Her Eligibility Review started early this morning.
I also just got a request letter for authorization letter from my spouse for her to travel with me. I will send to them that shortly.

Indeed what God cannot do does not exist!
I am over the moon right now.
Thank you everyone for all that you do on this platform.
Will be back later with my timeline.

#May3 applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
dunnibaby:
Good morning everyone. God bless you all for the great works you are doing here. I have read a lot here, yet I am confused on which route I should take to Japa
from this country. I want you all to assess my chances before I venture into anything.
I will be 36 in 2 weeks. I am married with 3 kids. I have ND accounting (2004) , Bsc Accounting (2008), Msc Policy Analysis (2016). I have done WES for my Msc. I also work with a federal government agency as an internal auditor for about 10 years now. I have done IELTS and passed 9,9,7.5,7 in R,L,W,S, respectively.

The initial plan is to go through the EE, but I couldn't garner more than 446 points, even with hubby, who is 39years. This endless wait for FSW draw is also discouraging to say the least. Hubby works with a government agency and has 17 years experience.

On the other hand, if I want to go through the study route, I can only do a PGD because my BSc. Grade is 2:2. How do I convince the VO of going for a PGD after obtaining MSc?

For POF, hubby has some money, and he has a friend who is willing to sponsor

If I may add, I have a very rich travel history to the US, UK, France and other countries...

Please gurus, help me. Whats my best chance?

I will need advise please and yes, I am open to any form of it.
God bless
While you await response from the gurus for a Professional Response and response from other honorable members of this platform.

These are my own opinions and suggestion

Based on your 10 years Work Experience as an Internal Auditor , you can go for a PG. Cert in Accounting, but it's more better you go for a more specialized PG. Cert accounting program that has course outlines in;

- Fraud investigation
- Law
- Criminology
- Forensic Accounting
- Computer forensics
- Data mining
- Advanced financial accounting
- Auditing theory
- Accounting ethics
- Taxation of business entities etc.

In another instances, you can choose a PG. Cert Accounting program that has audit specialization, including courses that cover topics like:

- Applied auditing
- Accounting for acquisitions and mergers
- Advanced auditing
- Information management and analytics technology

Reason are, you won't just be going for a conventional PG. CERT accounting program since you are a B.SC holder in Accounting, and your 10 years job experience as an Internal Auditor which is more on accounting, you should be going for a course in another dimension of Accounting & Auditing.

That being said,

See the link below & google the Accounting related PG. Cert programs one by one, check their course outlines, overview, tuition amount for international students, admission intake etc. make your choice then apply

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/247#103188415

As regards "How do I convince the VO of going for a PGD after obtaining MSc"?

I don't think this should really be a problem.

You have a Study gap of 5 years alrdy (your MSC degree, 2016). That being said, i feel you can convince a Visa officer on your SOP that you are going for a PG.Cert Program related to your Work Experience (which is normal) as an internal auditor cos you want to go advance, learn new technologies in Accounting and Auditing which can make you discharge your duties as an internal auditor more better or there is a position available for you after you complete your studies in Canada and the Position is meant for a senior staff of the company that has skills in so so in which those skills are in the course curriculum of the PG. Cert program you wanna go study in Canada.

I don't think its advisable to hide your M.SC cos you would give a Visa Officer the opportunity to ask you a question you won't be able to answer which is " What were you doing between 2014 and 2016 or 2015 and 2016" which is the period you did your Masters.

Your Rich Travel histories would be a good plus to your Canada Study Visa Application, make sure you talk about your Travel Histories on your SOP & attach your Stamped Visa Pages of the mentioned countries on your Study Visa application.

Good luck!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congrats FAM

RonkeDe:
Indeed, God is good and kind to me
First time applicant without NSE request

Application submitted: April 15
Biometrics: April 19
Upfront Medical: June 15
Correspondence letter: Aug 24
Passport request: Aug 24

Thanks so much for the numerous advice and support from everyone.

Conestoga college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
The wait is fruitful , congrats.

Presido95:
Hi guys, I've been visiting this page periodically but never really commented because I didn't really know a lot about the process. I must say I really appreciate everyone who contributes to this great forum.

I am a first time applicant. After almost 8 months, I finally got an original passport request today. I submitted my application in January. Got a request for NSE but didn't do NSE cause I had no plan to do IELTS. I didn't send any reason to them though. My MBA program did not require an English test too.

Would be sending my passport to Abuja this week. Is there anything I should be getting ready for now e.g. Medicals. See what my application looks like now.

I wish everyone who is expecting a response a favorable outcome.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations !!!

Y3mi11:
Hi everyone.
Good news ��. After applying twice for study permit. It’s finally a success!!!!

Application submitted: May 9
Biometrics: August 25 2020 ( last year application)
Medical request: July 22
Correspondence letter: August 20
Passport request: August 10
Passport sent to vfs: August 22

But I need your help with information about Covid-19 vaccinations. Please does anyone know where I can get Johnson and Johnson vaccine either in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations.

Tammy03:
Hello everyone
I have been trying to log in. Please, admin. I do not know what went wrong since 8.30am. Trying to share my son's PPR alert today.

I congratulate everyone that has received PPR . Also i pray that this joy will go round IJMN. All those expecti ng,keep on praying and be positive.
For those reapplying,do not give up.

My son's journey is a long one. About two years ago.i will share the full details later for people in this forum to gain .

#Two USA visa refuasals
#First Canada study permit refused with over six reasons. The annoying point is:you do not have enough money for transportation. I do think V.O did not go through the documents and SOP
#Second application :Received PPR for misrepresentation. We replied and was refused with one point:financial status and personal assets. I thank God he was not banned 5 to 10 years.
#Third application. PPR today.

Please be strong,if you have been refused. Be strong.
My son is 18years now. High School graduate. Admission at Lethbridge College,Alberta. To study Computer Information Tech. Two year with Co op.

Please, pardon my typo errors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
Yes... lol.. I did it in May..
Enjay316:
u got ur GIC certificate 24hrs after paying from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yeah except you have a reason not to and I won’t be resuming until my baby’s app is approved. I can’t leave him behind for any reason
I’d rather defer till next year.
.ok.i 4got u have a baby.did u still apply 4 ur hubby OSWP?.also u have to thread with caution oo.if possible defer b4 u resume ur 2nd year so this will not affect ur PGWP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.