Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688749 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
fejiromich:
Yes... lol.. I did it in May..
y my own kom tey?.mayb cos I cancelled my 1st application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kingsA: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hello good people, please I would like to know the course which is best for me in terms of improving my visa chances as a HND holder and a customer service representative..... God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
I’m starting by October, what I’m doing now is foundation and not even the main schooling.
Enjay316:
.ok.i 4got u have a baby.did u still apply 4 ur hubby OSWP?.also u have to thread with caution oo.if possible defer b4 u resume ur 2nd year so this will not affect ur PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DemmyDD: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Pls can i use 3weeks bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zocken: 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2021
RonkeDe:
Indeed, God is good and kind to me
First time applicant without NSE request

Application submitted: April 15
Biometrics: April 19
Upfront Medical: June 15
Correspondence letter: Aug 24
Passport request: Aug 24

Thanks so much for the numerous advice and support from everyone.

Conestoga college.

Congratulations. More PPR to come for thos expectant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godmakesking: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
Study permits: In Canada (initial and extension)
Last updated: August 24, 2021
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

June 6 and 12, 2021 ?

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
Thanks so much Oreoluwamipo. Yes, you are right!
I hope to rejoice with you very soon.

Oreoluwamipo:
Congrats sis !!! This is a sign that we should remain positive as far as God is still on the throne.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
I don’t know oh... I didn’t meet up with my first request to make payment too cos I needed to open and fund a dollar account and it took longer than I expected.. but once that was done, I filled the form again and got new transaction details... I was debited same day. 24 hrs later they responded
Enjay316:
y my own kom tey?.mayb cos I cancelled my 1st application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godmakesking: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
For those who received PPR today, CONGRATULATIONS! For those of us who are yet to receive, let us be hopeful, it will drop very soon in Jesus name. What God cannot do does not exist.
Godmakesking:

June 6 and 12, 2021 ?

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
does this mean they are treating applications within this period weekly or daily?

Godmakesking:

June 6 and 12, 2021 ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
kingsA:
Hello good people, please I would like to know the course which is best for me in terms of improving my visa chances as a HND holder and a customer service representative..... God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
kingsA:

Your customer service function has always had an element of public relations to it. Every touchpoint with your customers has the potential to either build loyalty or breed dissatisfaction, that being said,
a PG. cert in Public Relations would be good for you based on your work experience as a Customers Service Rep

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/438#104050016

A PG.Cert in Human Resources Management (HRM) is another option

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068930

An HR Service Center Representative is responsible for responding to employee questions and inquiries about employee benefit programs and human resources policies. Maintains information systems, prepares appropriate documentation, and processes necessary paperwork.

This might just a reason you might wanna go for a PG. Cert in HRM based on your Work Experience as a Customer Service Representative

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
Otukemena:
If your course is 1 year, you could just finish it up and apply for post study work permit. Rather than stopping the whole program

Is for 2 years
If I wan do online I would have gone to open university, I paid for one on one learning

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Chipo14:
So after 6 months and 5 days my wait finally ended with a PPR.

I got the correspondence letter yesterday and wanted to rush to post it only to see people getting correspondence letters and still getting refused. So I calmed down to see the final decision.

I got the mail exactly 6:22 am and I froze. It came with mixed feelings because my school has withdraw me from the program and my tuition deposit of $2000 cad forfeited. It would have been refunded if I got refused.
How come, email and find a way to attend �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
No you can't. Why would you want to do that? There's no A4 paper for the prior months? abi you wan manage data?
DemmyDD:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dunnibaby: 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As regards "How do I convince the VO of going for a PGD after obtaining MSc"?

I don't think this should really be a problem.

You have a Study gap of 5 years alrdy (your MSC degree, 2016). That being said, i feel you can convince a Visa officer on your SOP that you are going for a PG.Cert Program related to your Work Experience (which is normal) as an internal auditor cos you want to go advance, learn new technologies in Accounting and Auditing which can make you discharge your duties as an internal auditor more better or there is a position available for you after you complete your studies in Canada and the Position is meant for a senior staff of the company that has skills in so so in which those skills are in the course curriculum of the PG. Cert program you wanna go study in Canada.

I don't think its advisable to hide your M.SC cos you would give a Visa Officer the opportunity to ask you a question you won't be able to answer which is " What were you doing between 2014 and 2016 or 2015 and 2016" which is the period you did your Masters.

Your Rich Travel histories would be a good plus to your Canada Study Visa Application, make sure you talk about your Travel Histories on your SOP & attach your Stamped Visa Pages of the mentioned countries on your Study Visa application.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your relentless efforts. I have sent you a mail, please reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
Thanks everyone for your insight. I may have gotten back into the September stream as it seems they are considering the passionate appeal I sent earlier today. I await their final decision. Below is my timeline;

Application submitted - February 19
NSE request - February 25
Responded March 5
NSE ack - March 10. (I had everything for NSE except mybankstatement cos as at the time I wasn't aware first bank had it.)
Upfront medical updated - July 5
First GCMS - July 21 pre-assessment note said I didn't provide business documents for my sponsor (spouse) source of income. Recommend interview.
BVL - August 23
PPR - August 24

I came across this thread when I was getting frustrated with the wait. While I got to learn a lot from here it also made me start to doubt my decision about my application. I got two admissions one for PGD and the other for PGC. I choose to go for the PGC in applied business analysis. I have 14yrs experience in financial services marketing with a just concluded MBA in January 2021. I stated this in my 1.5page SOP. I attached my MBA admission letter and the results that were out as at the time which I later realized would have worked against me. I didn't pay much attention to the application as I was confident on my POF, personal asset and family ties (spouse and kids) will get me thru. Nairaland really opened my eyes and sometimes I get panic attacks when I visit here.

During the waiting period I wrote the MP and didn't get a response nor acknowledgement. I also couldn't send the business documents the junior VO couldn't see even though it was there initially. I sent several webforms some I got acknowledged other were ignored. About 2 weeks ago I ordered my second GCMS note and tried sending additional documents via webform and I was successful. I didn't know if the additional documents made a difference or not but I guess my pending gcms notes will tell.

P.S. I was refused Canada visit visa twice in 2018

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otitodilijesu: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good evening everyone here. A very big shout out to the gurus that has been helping and providing answers to people's questions here, God bless you all.

I just joined Nairaland weeks ago and this is my first post.
I want to start the process of applying for school(s) in Canada. The school I want to apply for doesn't require me to have an IELTS. My question is, will IELTS be requided during the visa application process?

Cc: Lekiboboe

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
dunnibaby:

Thank you for your relentless efforts. I have sent you a mail, please reply.
You are welcome.

E-mail account is presently compromised. Ask your questions here so you can have different views, most especially based on experience views on your enquiries.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DemmyDD: 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Omiinii:
No you can't. Why would you want to do that? There's no A4 paper for the prior months? abi you wan manage data?

I mean already collected 2weeks 4days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
Otitodilijesu:
Good evening everyone here. A very big shout out to the gurus that has been helping and providing answers to people's questions here, God bless you all.

I just joined Nairaland weeks ago and this is my first post.
I want to start the process of applying for school(s) in Canada. The school I want to apply for doesn't require me to have an IELTS. My question is, will IELTS be requided during the visa application process?

Cc: Lekiboboe
Canadian Universities and Colleges (DLI) don't require IELTS from Nigerian Applicants cos they know Nigeria is an English Speaking Country, the IELTS in admission requirements of Canadian Universities and Colleges (DLI) are for Non-English speaking countries e.g Vietnam, Indian , Philippine etc.

There are two types of STUDY VISA APPLICATION for Nigerian Applicants
- Normal Route
- The NSE route

The NSE route requires IELTS while the Normal Route don't require IELTS. So the choice is yours on the route you want your application to be processed with by IRCC.

Go to the first page (page 1) of this thread to read about the NSE route

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
I may not understand your question..

But a 4 - 6 months of SOA is required for an application for a study permit..

PEACE

DemmyDD:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lianna2020:
I’m starting by October, what I’m doing now is foundation and not even the main schooling.
ok .y did u not appeal 4 the foundation to be waved?.u had 2.1 right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
fejiromich:
I don’t know oh... I didn’t meet up with my first request to make payment too cos I needed to open and fund a dollar account and it took longer than I expected.. but once that was done, I filled the form again and got new transaction details... I was debited same day. 24 hrs later they responded
hmm.ok ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Your customer service function has always had an element of public relations to it. Every touchpoint with your customers has the potential to either build loyalty or breed dissatisfaction, that being said,
a PG. cert in Public Relations would be good for you based on your work experience as a Customers Service Rep

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/438#104050016

A PG.Cert in Human Resources Management (HRM) is another option

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/652#105068930

An HR Service Center Representative is responsible for responding to employee questions and inquiries about employee benefit programs and human resources policies. Maintains information systems, prepares appropriate documentation, and processes necessary paperwork.

This might just a reason you might wanna go for a PG. Cert in HRM based on your Work Experience as a Customer Service Representative

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Patricknetter: 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hello

Pls, I want to defer my program till january 2022, but I'm confused on what that means for my visa application, which is still on progress, If the visa comes out let's say October this year, will I still use the same visa and travel next year or do I need to update some stuff.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
Enjay316:
please send me the link on how to create a virtual card and pay 4 my application

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/611#104843826
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 12:06am On Aug 25, 2021
For visa? No, don't try it
DemmyDD:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

How to use Barter by Flutterwave to pay Canada Study Visa Application fee(visa & biometric fees
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/371#103739544

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/371#103740242

Credits: Lianna2020
so I have finally submitted. my brother just did it.aparently he has been busy at work since morning and 4got his cell phone at home so he came back and saw my like 50 missed calls.lmao.he has paid the money.what next bro? is it to book for Biometrics ?. 1st time applicant.how do I book?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uzland: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Please if one already has a Nigerian master's degree, does it enhance one's chances of gaining admission into a Canadian higher institution for a PGD and securing a Canadian study visa? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ikechi17(m): 12:27am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello everyone ,
Please how do I order for my gcm note , and my application is it in progress . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:31am On Aug 25, 2021
Enjay316:
so I have finally submitted. my brother just did it.aparently he has been busy at work since morning and 4got his cell phone at home so he came back and saw my like 50 missed calls.lmao.he has paid the money.what next bro? is it to book for Biometrics ?. 1st time applicant.how do I book?
Nice one!!!

Go through the contents in the link below for the url to book for biometrics and some other information you gonna find useful before going to the biometrics LOCATION (LAGOS OR ABUJA vfs)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/645#105022392

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.