Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? (28915 Views)

A Lady Came Out Alive From This Ghastly Accident While Traveling For Easter.PICS / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Student Dies While Traveling Over ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Mikael0407(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2021
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Lastlook: 4:18pm On May 25, 2021
She was a young lady, on my way from Abuja to Ibadan. It was during the corona period. We're two at the back, two in the middle, and the driver.

I was on call with a friend, i spoke few hausa and later use english saying "I was out of cash, cant even pay for food." so she over heard everthing.

After some hours, the bus stopped, all of them went out to get food expect me(i'm picky when its come to food, i cant just eat anywhere, even for water.) She came and gave me money. She said, i heard everything... Please take and use it to buy food.

I was touched, i told her that was true but i was only joking with my friend. She said "oh okay".

I was moved, and cant stop saying thank you even till the end of the journey.

Note: that was it. No number was exchange, we moved on...

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by bigpicture001: 4:19pm On May 25, 2021
Sterope:
I was on my way to uni. First year and alone. I got to the entrance of the train station and I wanted to cry. I was hauling three big suitcases, it is one of the biggest train stations, and all I saw was staircases and I had a train to catch in less than 10 mins. cry cry cry

Two young guys with full body tats around mid 20s, appeared from nowhere and grabbed the biggest two, helped right to the platform for my ttrain.

It is one of the reasons I travel light and smart now.

There so many use of sentences out of place with a typical naija narratives...

1. You got to a train station... Not a normal narrative of any naija stories

2. You were hauling and didn't attempt to use the general common naija word "carry".

3. Nigerians don't decribe any one with a mention of age or mustache attached to the description..they only mention age if it was questioned.

So tell us which country did this happen..?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by sampz: 4:30pm On May 25, 2021
yes.still wonder why I didn't gave her my number when she asked for it
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by HeyHey(f): 4:43pm On May 25, 2021
I have severally, there are vverry good people in this world o.

My story today howeever is on when i was the nice person. I was travelling to the north. Some people who i suspected came for training enter the sienna as well, 2men and one lady. I sidon last row with 2 of them and 1man sidon front. I see say the man wear ring but not the lady,2 of them were kissing and smooching near me, i tire. when they pass memo to me, i noticed their names where different, i figured she wasnt his wife. So we began d journey when we reached ondo side, na so this man.faint o. Apparently he was asthmatic and the dust from the road triggered attack. He couldnt breathe so i had to hold the door of the moving sienna from Akure side till kabba. All the men in the sienna throway face. Including his friend, we dey ask am wetin we go do, he say he no know concern. Side chic confuse, begin cry. Driver no stop oo, bone face. Na with my second hand i join the 2 other women dey fan am. Till we reach tarred road and he regain himself.

Thank you, this man no tell me. But i no mind, because anything make am die. Wahala, esp for that girl and the colleague. When we reach our destination, our fellow passenger driver come. We join her, me and the colleague. Na there he say he no know the girl b4 etc, but he knows the wife. He buy plaintain, bread etc dey go house, so he struck me like a family person. I sensed bc of that he was displeased with the girl and his colleague sef

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by bigpicture001: 4:45pm On May 25, 2021
Met the most beautiful girl my eyes have seen back in 2014 on a bus journey from Ife to festac Lagos..we journeyed through the night from 8pm to almost 11pm. She was so beautiful that she got over 7compliments from both sexes all within our 3hours together.

In one night without her asking, I bought her a flat female fashion slippers, cuz her hills couldn't mk her walk properly at oshodi 'isale'.
Even market women at that time of the night couldn't help but compliment her beauty. I helped her navigate the confusing terrain from Oshodi 'isale' to oshodi 'oke' getting to mile 2 sh asked for location of jamz base. A then popular night club around outskirt of festac.. We came down to a very lonely bustop (not my bus stop dou) .

I stood with her for about 12min till a Benz car came to pick her up.. We hugged and she tried to gimme her number, but I declined... I know it will lead to nothing cuz the attention was too much and on her and she turns out to b a fun seeking girl...

Somethings are better not started .because many times we know the end from the beginning. I t will end in tears

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by SefunmiHookups: 4:47pm On May 25, 2021
Twoclans:
Sometimes when I dont want to travel by train from Abuja to Kaduna I just go to mabushi and hop into the next available vehicle.On this particular day the driver of the vehicle i joined bought bottle water for every passenger he carried including himself.Since I was the only female in the vehicle and youngest he gave me the money to buy the water and share for everybody.I could not believe my eyes .In my how many years of waka waka on the road it has never
happened and I know it might never happen again.

I wonder how old you are, with such a pic as your dp. Youngest in bus sounds like you might be very young. Hmmm Las last, every girl has spoiled in this Naija. God go help us
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Gwan2(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2021
Yea, a pretty white surgeon in her early 20's, while flying from hamburg to London. She was sitting just right by my side. In my mind, I was like this is going to be my best Journey ever. I initiated a conversation with her and she was easy going, little did I know that informing the air hostess that my seat was dangling and not firmly knotted to the floor of the plane will be my drawback. I thought it was something that could be fixed right on the spot to give me more relaxation while mesmerising this young catch with my own CV.

This useless air hostess just asked me to go to another seat quite distant from the surgeon, I was like...that's fine, I'm okay sitting where I'm but she refuse, saying for safety purpose...dragging with her will be so obvious i wanted retaining my seat because of the surgeon while compromising my safety...The elderly white woman on the same row with us knew why I was hesitant and just gave me a pity face look...I had to leave that seat swearing for the air hostess still I dropped off the plane. I search for that surgeon on the queue of border control, you will think I'm an FBI with a hint that ISIS suspect is within the vicinity.....Las las sha, i no see her.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Gfskw: 4:53pm On May 25, 2021
No
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by chykeo1(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2021
Twoclans:
Sometimes when I dont want to travel by train from Abuja to Kaduna I just go to mabushi and hop into the next available vehicle.On this particular day the driver of the vehicle i joined bought bottle water for every passenger he carried including himself.Since I was the only female in the vehicle and youngest he gave me the money to buy the water and share for everybody.I could not believe my eyes .In my how many years of waka waka on the road it has never happened and I know it might never happen again.

You can make it happen for someone else...someone did it for you, be an inspiration to another person...that's how love goes around.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by BIGNAME2020: 5:01pm On May 25, 2021
Petyprincess:
Yes, the first time was when I traveled to Akure for my jamb exam which was the first time traveling outside Lagos, After my exam and I wanted a straight bus from Akure to Lagos which the driver charged me extra because I was a novice but eventually an older guy saw when I paid him and told me that isn't the amount I was supposed to pay which I told the driver and he told me to get down from the bus but to my surprise, the whole passengers got down and defended me and eventually he collected the normal price for transportation.

My second experience is I was having difficulty changing the movie I was watching I was on the plane, A lady left her seat to attend when I was searching for a movie to watch and recommended the best movie to watch.

There are many more that I can't even remember, there are really nice and helpful people everywhere.

Be like say na only me never enter plane here o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Itzurboi(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2021
Dbarrzx:
Me with one babe share Okada, the vibe was mutual throughout the journey and I wish that ride never ends. But I no remember collect number sef.
Abi dem no give you.... undecided
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Bahamas95(m): 5:12pm On May 25, 2021
I haven't met anyone, I like minding my business.

The only one I could remember was years back when I was travelling to Lagos but it happened that I became the Mr Nice guy. A lady sitting close to me was struggling to take care of her two children. One was a baby while the other a 2year old child. I saw the frustration on her face and decided to help cos I love kids......I played with the older child till we got to our destination, he even fell asleep in my arms. I enjoyed the journey sha, anything the aunty buy she must buy reach me. She bought me banana, fried snail, coke etc. Money wey I suppose use for miscellaneous save dat day. grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Itzurboi(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2021
spiceadole:
I once met a young handsome man on a bus from Warri to PH.
We got talking and exchanged numbers.
He appeared as a born again spirit filled briother..
And would wake me with scriptural readings, always talking about church and religious stuff.
First date.. this guy spent about 10 minutes praying before we ate.

Next thing, he started pestering me to follow him home n spend the night.

Taaaaah!
I declined, and went home.. I deleted his number and blocked him everywhere.
We never saw again
Mad ooo, grin... He wanted to use God to pave way.... Smiles
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Twoclans(f): 5:20pm On May 25, 2021
chykeo1:

You can make it happen for someone else...someone did it for you, be an inspiration to another person...that's how love goes around.

Waoh ,your suggestion never crossed my mind.I will surely buy for every one in the vehicle when next I get such an opportunity.

Gracias cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Mobog(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
I was going to Kano state from Lagos, so this young pretty lady was at the pack. she was an undergraduate in kaduna state University then I was a corper in Kano...we started talking from the park because she had lot of luggage on her so I helped, I discovered that we were just opposite each other. Since we became friends I reason the guy besides me to swap sit, which he agreed and she was happy about that. To cut it shut she slept on me when the coldness of the night started. Then she was watching my movies with me, not knowing she has seen my Facebook details when I was on it, we highlighted the next day and she was like won't I give her my contact.
Me corper with mission of making it, I bluntly said No, naso I reach house n I saw a friend request. Mehn, I shock! But you know sometimes if you can't fornicate you can't keep some friends.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Twoclans(f): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

I just go to mabushi and hop into the next available vehicle ...... to kaduna !!!

abeg is your father Sheikh Gumi or what!!!

LOL

As bad as the roads are,God still shows his favour and miracles everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by queenjoseph(f): 5:35pm On May 25, 2021
I was traveling from Sokoto to Aba.

The bus broke down in a village of kogi state.

And so it was that the place the bus broke down, there was a village canteen.

I saw a boy of about 18 years old.

He was just looking at all the girls that came out of the bus.

He was the seller in the canteen.

He was nice.

I knew that after we left the place,he would not see us again.

We later left the place after the bus was repaired.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 25, 2021
Gwan2:
Yea, a pretty white surgeon in her early 20's, while flying from hamburg to London. She was sitting just right by my side. In my mind, I was like this is going to be my best Journey ever. I initiated a conversation with her and she was easy going, little did I know that informing the air hostess that my seat was dangling and not firmly knotted to the floor of the plane will be my drawback. I thought it was something that could be fixed right on the spot to give me more relaxation while mesmerising this young catch with my own CV.

This useless air hostess just asked me to go to another seat quite distant from the surgeon, I was like...that's fine, I'm okay sitting where I'm but she refuse, saying for safety purpose...dragging with her will be so obvious i wanted retaining my seat because of the surgeon while compromising my safety...The elderly white woman on the same row with us knew why I was hesitant and just gave me a pity face look...I had to leave that seat swearing for the air hostess still I dropped off the plane. I search for that surgeon on the queue of border control, you will think I'm an FBI with a hint that ISIS suspect is within the vicinity.....Las las sha, i no see her.

This was hilarious hahahahahahhahahahha,sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 25, 2021
Twoclans:

Waoh ,your suggestion never crossed my mind.I will surely buy for every one in the vehicle when next I get such an opportunity.

Gracias cheesy

You dont get the point, it must not necesaarily be about buying water for everyine in a bus. Lol!

There are other ways to spread acts of kindness dear.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Moborlarh(f): 5:58pm On May 25, 2021
Yes now,

An Hausa man, on our way to Ibadan. He was going for is NYSC orientation camp, very nice man, infact we took selfie and exchange numbers
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by illmatic101(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2021
Naijagram:
Anyway, let's just say I met someone really nice while transiting on a long journey. We talked for hours. It seem like we have known each other for years. I really wanted to get to know the person more. I didn't even ask for the person's name or even phone number.

I regret not asking for her number.

Have you been in similar situation before?
Let me have your thoughts.

Yeah...

December 2019 from PH to Abak. I'm still regretting it. I didn't ask for her number.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Sterope(f): 6:13pm On May 25, 2021
The one in my head tongue

1. We have train stations in Nigeria
2. I have met better writers than myslef. I don't think I write well to be honest
3. I know some people that do. I am one of them and I am a Nigerian.
bigpicture001:

There so many use of sentences out of place with a typical naija narratives...

1. You got to a train station... Not a normal narrative of any naija stories

2. You were hauling and didn't attempt to use the general common naija word "carry".

3. Nigerians don't decribe any one with a mention of age or mustache attached to the description..they only mention age if it was questioned.

So tell us which country did this happen..?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by NACE13: 6:25pm On May 25, 2021
Was resuming for the semester, I boarded a bus from Lagos, at Maza-maza, Jibowu. I like big buses due to their comfort, my number was the window seat but this pretty girl whose number is after mine begged me to let her stay on my seat. I allowed her because I don't really like window seats; for the fact that I wouldn't be able to stretch my long legs.

I got to find out she's a medical student because she was reading a book on Anthropology and she admitted when I asked her. Me being a funny guy naturally, I made her laugh all through the journey ( she started the conversation). Even those guys who board bus to sell their products were like "Look at this cute couple. Big man, I know sey na she dey toast you so". I was kinda embarrassed because most folks in the bus even acknowledged us.

The journey was fun though. We were together through out the journey, even when the driver stopped for break, we stepped out together to get food, all eyes were on us.
I told myself if she doesn't ask for my number, I won't ask for hers either (my pride level too much).

I saw the disappointment or would I say surprise on her face when I got to my stop and I just told her maybe fate will let us see again and then I alighted.

Another one was when I was heading back to Lagos after a tough semester. The girl seated next to me was a damsel. Funny enough, my girlfriend then kept calling me to know where I was, my sisters also kept calling, then like three of my close female friends called me a few times to know how my journey was going.
This damsel kept wondering if I was a player and I was playing all these girls because I was intentionally lying about my location. Even when my sisters called, I respond with " Hey baby" or "Hey love".
It was some sort of mind game on her and it worked, because she just had to ask if I was dating these girls. I just laughed and acted like all cool and sort. She collected my FB id but our friendship didn't last. She's got this weird attitude and she got pregnant for her bf.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by MrMacinterchi1: 7:24pm On May 25, 2021
NACE13:
Was resuming for the semester, I boarded a bus from Lagos, at Maza-maza, Jibowu. I like big buses due to their comfort, my number was the window seat but this pretty girl whose number is after mine begged me to let her stay on my seat. I allowed her because I don't really like window seats; for the fact that I wouldn't be able to stretch my long legs.

I got to find out she's a medical student because she was reading a book on Anthropology and she admitted when I asked her. Me being a funny guy naturally, I made her laugh all through the journey ( she started the conversation). Even those guys who board bus to sell their products were like "Look at this cute couple. Big man, I know sey na she dey toast you so". I was kinda embarrassed because most folks in the bus even acknowledged us.

The journey was fun though. We were together through out the journey, even when the driver stopped for break, we stepped out together to get food, all eyes were on us.
I told myself if she doesn't ask for my number, I won't ask for hers either (my pride level too much).

I saw the disappointment or would I say surprise on her face when I got to my stop and I just told her maybe fate will let us see again and then I alighted.

Another one was when I was heading back to Lagos after a tough semester. The girl seated next to me was a damsel. Funny enough, my girlfriend then kept calling me to know where I was, my sisters also kept calling, then like three of my close female friends called me a few times to know how my journey was going.
This damsel kept wondering if I was a player and I was playing all these girls because I was intentionally lying about my location. Even when my sisters called, I respond with " Hey baby" or "Hey love".
It was some sort of mind game on her and it worked, because she just had to ask if I was dating these girls. I just laughed and acted like all cool and sort. She collected my FB id but our friendship didn't last. She's got this weird attitude and she got pregnant for her bf.
weird attitude like? tell us
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by OyinNurse(f): 8:43pm On May 25, 2021
Yes! While travelling alone on a flight back to the States, I met a Grandma travelling to Atlanta for the first time for her daughter's "Omugwo". She was just absolutely stunning ( didn't look a day over 40, even though she told me she was 62) and acutely hilarious; she really cheered me up on that 6hr flight ( I was feeling a little down since I love travelling but hate travelling alone). You should have seen her grin ordering alcoholic beverages like there was no tomorrow and cracking jokes. We exchanged numbers and stayed in touch for about a year after. Even got to talk with her daughter. Unfortunately we are no longer in touch. She must have changed her number or something.... From all indications, though, she was really having a blast in the ATL grin. Who knows? I might jam her again, on another transatlantic trip.....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Creativebae(f): 8:45pm On May 25, 2021
Yes, way back 2015, we still talk till date
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Tapout(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2021
lol..yeah.
Last year december when I traveled to the south from lagos via GIG. The cute lady I was eyeing, standing at a corner turned out to be my seatmate. Omo as soon as we boarded the bus, she brought out headphones and blocked her ears oh sad i was just staring at her and somehow She observed it and was like what? And I was like "no be so dem dey do things for long journey like this. You have to get acquainted with your seatmate so he/she can give account of you should you not be found when the journey wants to resume after a break at ore." luckily, she had good sense of humor and we bonded well. She turned out to be a very chatty individual btw,na me come tire at some point cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by kings11ng(m): 6:02am On May 26, 2021
Abalado:
Especially when guys sit beside a fine babe ,,them go thru show some fake care

U must live a sad life
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2021
Yes.
Met my first girlfriend while travelling home.
We talked and chit chat all tru the trip.
Paid her fare and the rest was history.
We no marry sha
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Met a female on my way from Ghana to Lagos. She looked about 5 years older than me. We talked a lot. Honestly, we flirted, kissed twice and touched each other a little. I already planned to get a hotel at Lagos for two of us so, we'll pray privately before we go our separate ways. We got to the park, and someone came to pick her, guess who?.....It was her fiancé.

Mm mm.. I weep in agony.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone Really Nice While Traveling And...? by pedrilo: 8:24am On May 26, 2021
queenjoseph:
I was traveling from Sokoto to Aba.

The bus broke down in a village of kogi state.

And so it was that the place the bus broke down, there was a village canteen.

I saw a boy of about 18 years old.

He was just looking at all the girls that came out of the bus.

He was the seller in the canteen.

He was nice.

I knew that after we left the place,he would not see us again.

We later left the place after the bus was repaired.
queen, did u sleep with him dat night? i dnt understand the part u did not tell us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snows: Abroad-Based Nigerian YouTuber Faces A Hard Day (Video) / Boy Crushed To Death After Falling Asleep Under A Car In Adamawa. Graphic Photo / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.