Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (35643 Views)

How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo / Muhammad Sanusi: Nigerians Selling Votes, INEC, Police Not Neutral / INEC, Police, DSS To Monitor Niger PDP State Congresses Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by aBrokeRichDude: 8:51am On May 24, 2021
fujirice:
Guys, there’s something seriously going on in the South and I can boldly tell you guys that this government is solidly behind it.
Yesterday, I was on a zoom call with my brother who resides in Awka. Around 7pm he went to drop off some people that visited him but was turned back by police. And he said that military tanks were everywhere in the town. Just few hours later the news of “unknown gunmen” broke out that they burnt INEC office.
I don’t want to believe with all the military and police

presence, these guys still has their way.
It’s either the security agents are not putting up enough resistance or they are the ones actually perpetrating these acts.
God will expose them. All these destruction is geared towards 2023 elections.
Southerners need to start getting their acts right.
These guys are not playing.
The best time for fiscal federalism was many years ago. It is still not late to start today.
A guest/stranger to your abode cannot protect your land better than you can.
State policing and other security outfits need to be up and running at different state levels NOW!
We can’t continue like this.

Security agent will go and kill fellow security agent and burn down security post una too funny for this site... Lets not pretend as if we don’t know how UGM started biko... Wat of ESN and dat new one dat d eastern govt setup, re dey not state security agent ..... Note der is no UGM in SS and SW just SE. Kidnapping is all over d country abi na killin wen worse for North... the honest truth is dis govt is overwhelmed with d security issues hence making lots of mistakes in der decision making...

Food for thought: Dont u think all dis is to destroy the alrdy tarnished image of this present govt for 2023 elections just like wat happened during Jona time (Boko haram). Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Nobody: 8:53am On May 24, 2021
Ogwo ego capital city.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Decency2020(f): 8:57am On May 24, 2021
With all DECENCY it is an indictment on the security structure that they have not been able to unmask this so called unknown gun men.

I belief is that the security agencies are the ones behind these atrocities.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by 77up(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I've never supported killing of anybody but every sensible Nigerians knows that the FG is hell bent on destroying the east with this incessant attacks on the eastern people
You are too emotional and that emotion is blocking you from saying the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by buckeyemedia: 8:59am On May 24, 2021
Decency2020:
With all DECENCY it is an indictment on the security structure that they have not been able to unmask this so called unknown gun men.

I belief is that the security agencies are the ones behind these atrocities.
Only supporters of ipob with their misconstrued mindset think like you.

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by baralatie(m): 8:59am On May 24, 2021
Twelfthman:
The east should condemned the activities of criminals among them not praise them at least for the safety of everyone in the region because you never know when the violemce will get to you or any member of your family.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by xcuggsm(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2021
Praxis758:
Unknown gun men is just a sematics to cover these criminals.

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM).

They're nothing but caward and terrorist.

I pity those who are hailing and support their criminalities at this infant stage. This is how Boko Haram started that some jingoistic elites were calling them freedom and ethnic crusaders.

It is still very early to condemn these infant terrorists before they grow wilder.

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM)

Since you claim to know who they are, CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN US?
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by buckeyemedia: 9:02am On May 24, 2021
xcuggsm:

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM)

Since you claim to know who they are, CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN US?
Keep hiding & shielding your kinsmen committing these atrocities, sooner than later the chicken will come home to roost.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by SweetiliciousD: 9:02am On May 24, 2021
MARKone:

Are you blaming this on the Police. When Nnamdi Kalu, was arming people all in the name of repelling herdsmen attacks, you think it was just solely for that. When they finish burning all the police stations, criminals definitely will be having a field day, and it's happening already, robbery incidents, killings are on the increase in SE. Like I keep saying, it is the ordinary Igbo man and woman, that'll feel the pain more.

God help us all.

Think of the spiral effect that would have ensued had uniformed men opened fire on unarmed oduduwa protesters recently.

If we are not mindful of the origins, I wonder how solution will be achieved.

Using maximum kinetic force to disperse Flag bearing and unarmed protesters, as we saw at Lekki tollgate, never ended well, even over there in Lagos.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by xcuggsm(m): 9:04am On May 24, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Keep hiding & shielding your kinsmen committing these atrocities, sooner than later the chicken will come home to roost.
I hope you are not trying to say that it's northerners carrying out these attacks

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by buckeyemedia: 9:06am On May 24, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

God help us all.

Think of the spiral effect that would have ensued had uniformed men opened fire on unarmed oduduwa protesters recently.

If we are not mindful of the origins, I wonder how solution will be achieved.

Using maximum kinetic force to disperse Flag bearing and unarmed protesters, as we saw at Lekki tollgate, never ended well, even over there in Lagos.
Chicken & bull story, Lagos State is peaceful, even Ohaneze came last week to beg the Governor to allow them continue to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.

2 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by SweetiliciousD: 9:08am On May 24, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Chicken & bull story, Lagos State is peaceful, even Ohaneze came last week to beg the Governor to allow them continue to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.

Judicial Panel of inquiry looking into the mehem is still sitting and examining its after effect.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by buckeyemedia: 9:08am On May 24, 2021
xcuggsm:
I hope you are not trying to say that it's northerners carrying out these attacks
Are Northerners indigenous to your hometown? If yes, we accept, if no go and hold your brothers & sisters, Uncles & Aunties responsible & stop shifting the blame.

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by seyz91(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2021
you can't say everywhere is peaceful cuz you can only be at a place at a time
nwakibie3:
Where in awka cos I'm in awka now and everywhere is peaceful

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by fujirice: 9:12am On May 24, 2021
aBrokeRichDude:

Security agent will go and kill fellow security agent and burn down security post una too funny for this site... Lets not pretend as if we don’t know how UGM started biko... Wat of ESN and dat new one dat d eastern govt setup, re dey not state security agent ..... Note der is no UGM in SS and SW just SE. Kidnapping is all over d country abi na killin wen worse for North... the honest truth is dis govt is overwhelmed with d security issues hence making lots of mistakes in der decision making...

Food for thought: Dont u think all dis is to destroy the alrdy tarnished image of this present govt for 2023 elections just like wat happened during Jona time (Boko haram). Think about it.
I am not going to join issues with you but you are trying to sound as if you and I are not in this country together.
Is it not In this country that army and police will have issues before you know it, it’ll turn to a bloody shootout?
How many times have the military sacked communities in this country just because they had a misunderstanding?
We all know how desperate and wicked our politicians can be. So, I’m not ruling out anything.
Like I said, there’s no way that kind of heavy military presence was in Awka yesterday and UGM still had their way.
The security agents are accomplices.
Period!

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by buckeyemedia: 9:13am On May 24, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Judicial Panel of inquiry looking into the mehem is still sitting and examining its after effect.
Sanwo-Olu that called the army to shoot those miscreants robbing the toll gate @ Lekki has set up an inquiry? Very funny keep waiting for the white paper report.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by cashkid18(m): 9:14am On May 24, 2021
kissGuys:
The Inec and B division were not burnt.. Nine of the UGM have been gunned down... Some rifles recovered.. Policemen repelled the attack seriously!.

How you take know
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by adadike(f): 9:15am On May 24, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

It all started by numerous police extortion checkpoints, now graduated to Broad daylight murder!

God help Eastern States.
Amen. At the end of last night attack, two unknown gunmen killed, three arrested and vehicles recovered.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by cybertruss(m): 9:16am On May 24, 2021
Nigeria is in trouble. In the north we have a stronger ISWAP that have over powered Boko Haram in a single day, a feat our Armed forces were unable to do for many years. In the south east and South South peaceful agitation have turned violent because of FG insensitive ways of handling conflict. We are waiting patiently to see if the Odua movement will be proscribed terrorist group by FG. This might also make them take up arms. However, this is very unlikely to happen.

However if FG handles it without wisdom, we will has violent agitation all over Nigeria. The armed forces would be outnumbered as parents will discourage their children from joining the armed force. With the frequent reduction of military personnel a time will come when people will be unwilling to join the military and the numbers will keep on reducing while agitators increases. The over stretched armed forces once it collapses will put an end to Nigeria. Currently, the only thing holding Nigeria together is the Armed forces. Remove the Armed forces then there is no Nigeria. Any nation that cannot stand if the Armed forces are absent is not a nation.

Our leaders have failed to realize that ruling with brute force doesn't pay. The truth is that some already have agreed but the main players because of what they think they will loose are unwilling. They prefer to watch the nation go into drain before they act.

It is extremely easy to solve these problems. Our leaders know the answers but are unwilling.

I am extremely very disappointed.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by teamoneline: 9:22am On May 24, 2021
Jman06:
Comments here from supposedly educated Igbos supporting the criminal gunmen only goes to reveal how much education has deteriorated in Igboland. It's unfortunate

When all the schools have been infested with cultism. 90% of the problem in the east is from inside. Senseless Igbo politicians like ikpeazu cannot atleast cut out even if it's 100m a month from federal allocation for education. See the east is going to be the worst region in 10years time. And it's sad I'm Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by faceland: 9:22am On May 24, 2021
Praxis758:
Unknown gun men is just a sematics to cover these criminals.

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM).

They're nothing but caward and terrorist.

I pity those who are hailing and support their criminalities at this infant stage. This is how Boko Haram started that some jingoistic elites were calling them freedom and ethnic crusaders.

It is still very early to condemn these infant terrorists before they grow wilder.

Before they were just talkers but #EndSARS protest made them gain like 30 guns and hell broke lose. No arrest made till date no weapons recovered.

At the end of the day, it the innocent civilians that would suffer. The military would still go there for a clean up.

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by nku5: 9:24am On May 24, 2021
This whole drama is more than we can see. I don't believe the people doing this are from the east.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Abagworo(m): 9:24am On May 24, 2021
This Anambra unknown gunmen to me seems more like political UGM than secessionist UGM.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by gbengaadeleye12: 9:27am On May 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by kissGuys: 9:30am On May 24, 2021
cashkid18:

How you take know
None of your business!
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by kindlyheart: 9:33am On May 24, 2021
PissfulProtester:
continue talking about how it started

E go soon reach you

mr man call a spade a spade and stop forming mr all patriotic Nigerian. the police force, the military have lots of corrupt elements.

stop being selfish and self centered. just because you have not had an encounter with them doesn't mean they don't commit evil with their uniforms.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by somalianprince: 9:35am On May 24, 2021
Abagworo:
This Anambra unknown gunmen to me seems more like political UGM than secessionist UGM.

So imo state unknown gun men that has almost over run Owerri and renamed the government house in Owerri is a non political unknown gun men. Bag of gworo onye ala

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Nobody: 9:40am On May 24, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

It all started by numerous police extortion checkpoints, now graduated to Broad daylight murder!

God help Eastern States.

Even during the end SARS though aboki refused to join, the portion of Northerners who joined were the drivers and traders who bring goods down to the south.

They complained bitterly that some of them spend as much as N30,000 settling police and army checkpoints along the road before getting to offload food at their destinations in South East.

The wicked leadership in Nigeria only understands violence.
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by nedu666: 9:43am On May 24, 2021
On the road to inec office and division b, there is army, police and mopol road blocks on both sides, so how did the ugm evade the road blocks to attack and leave the venue. The govt has a hand in this
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by aBrokeRichDude: 9:47am On May 24, 2021
fujirice:

I am not going to join issues with you but you are trying to sound as if you and I are not in this country together.
Is it not In this country that army and police will have issues before you know it, it’ll turn to a bloody shootout?
How many times have the military sacked communities in this country just because they had a misunderstanding?
We all know how desperate and wicked our politicians can be. So, I’m not ruling out anything.
Like I said, there’s no way that kind of heavy military presence was in Awka yesterday and UGM still had their way.
The security agents are accomplices.
Period!

Lol... As expected. Anyway am not arguing with u and i dont plan to enta any issues with u... We all know our security agencies are in shambles .... However, u reason am, y police go kill police or soldiers go kill soldiers ? .... anyway have a nice day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / US Imposed Visa Restrictions On Nigerians Undermining Electoral Processes / Saraki And Ekweremadu Leave Court After Meeting Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.