Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading (58886 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Sunday Dare Debunks Reports That NYSC Scheme Will Be Scrapped / Discontinuation Bill: Sunday Dare Opposes The Scrapping Of NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by olmoRoc: 9:07am On May 25, 2021
It's high time they do that. Voluntary military conscription/training for high school students should replace it.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by DBestower126(m): 9:36am On May 25, 2021
In my opinion, NYSC program should not be discontinued. Because through it some less privilege graduate meet their destiny helper and make it in life. This is nothing to highly connected and privilege people.
I quite agreed that there are cons associated with it as the legislator pointed out, but the pros outweighs it.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Sneezeizmana1: 9:51am On May 25, 2021
So, after school na suffering direct. This guys should bring better options for Nigerian students before making such decisions.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Makanaki127: 10:51am On May 25, 2021
whippersnapper:
shey you know you don't have sense
It's your father that don't have sense
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Akinola100: 11:53am On May 25, 2021
stanley000:
someone that went to a very deep village with probably no electricity what do expect?
You follow him go there. grin
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 25, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I don’t think its a good idea if NYSC is scrapped. It could be optional but not scrapped. A lot of youths use that period to plan their lives and the 30k paid by the government solves the needs of millions of people at least for the full one year
Government can pay a 30k stipend to all graduates of federal universities for one year to keep them on their feet while they look for employment without NYSC. Is that too much to ask for considering the investment they have made in themselves and the country by completing tertiary education?

Making it optional is pointless because 90% of people will opt out especially given the current insecurity in the country. Abeg the scheme has outlived it's purpose. It's initial objective was to integrate the country and reduce ethnic tensions after the civil war. If it hasn't achieved that since 1970 then maybe it's unachievable. Lets stop wasting lives over something that can't be accomplished.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 25, 2021
The scheme has lost relevance in the light of the current realities, used to be a good idea, there are people who have never left their states of origin, it was nysc scheme that made travelling to other states possible, some even found jobs, life partners and destinies thru the scheme.

I think govt wants to scrap it because apart from the security challenges, they re cash strapped.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 25, 2021
SmartPolician:
Aside from meeting some cool friends during my service year, that program was a complete waste of my precious time.

I swear. Still ask myself why I bothered doing it because I never used the certificate for anything. I went straight into private business afterwards so it was the biggest waste of time in my entire life.

Camp was fun though, Iseyin, Oyo state. I nearly died of Alcohol poisoning I swear. grin
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Onucs(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2021
Yeye people.
Instead of trying to solve the insecurity issues which is the biggest mannace our society is facing, they are busy channeling their energy towards scrapping nysc.

Is it about corp members alone?
How about the people leaving in those insecured areas, are they going to scrap them out too or maybe their lives is not as precious as our dear corpers'.

Why are they acting like they care sef.

I sense a move to channel the NYSC fund into another platform and have it embezzled afterwards joor.

Money no dey anywhere, even the house the hustle now.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by whippersnapper(m): 5:37am On May 26, 2021
Makanaki127:

It's your father that don't have sense
your mama na thot. Bleep you and go to hell son of a bitch
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by bukatyne(f): 10:43am On May 27, 2021
angelfallz:
I agree with you. Fix the issues that are bedeviling NYSC.
I enjoyed my service year as well. Camp was wonderful, in fact i remember wishing we could remain in camp for longer.

I also achieved a lot during my service year, so i don't look back on that 1 year as a loss.

It was very enjoyable. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper / Corper Dies In Zamfara NYSC Camp (Photos) / Different Types Of Corp Members You Will Meet At The Camp (memes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.