Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

What If God Wasnt Real! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If God Wasnt Real! (1952 Views)

Italo The Belligerent Catholic. Mary Wasnt No Dayum 'virgin'. Proof She Wasnt / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If God Wasnt Real! by chaz(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2007
What if the Scientist explanation of the beginning of the world was true 'the BIG BANG'. That would mean that there is no God and churches are not real, and the Bible and Quaran are fake! It would mean that there is no Hell or Heaven, no soul! How would human beings behave?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2007
chaz:

What if the Scientist explanation of the beginning of the world was true 'the BIG BANG'.

Just pointing out that the Big Bang theory isn't an explanation for the beginning of the Earth, but for the Universe.

That would mean that there is no God and churches are not real, and the Bible and Quaran are fake! It would mean that there is no Hell or Heaven, no soul! How would human beings behave?

How would humans behave? Hard to say. I suspect it wouldn't be much different from now, except there would be less killing in the name of God in order to secure paradise.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Papa(m): 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
I am a christian and I know how far God picked me from to put me where I am.
I can also tell with confidence that I'm still going somewhere better to happen

If God doesn't exist, you won't loose anything if you die,
If He does, you go to hell, if you don't have Him.

Why not just get born-again!
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by desgiezd(m): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2007
My mind/brain is not capable of that imagination!
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Chiori(m): 1:02am On Aug 03, 2007
If God were not real, it means He wouldn't exist. Then we, too, would never have been.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Papa(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2007
desgiezd:

My mind/brain is not capable of that imagination!

Well check out what @Chiori said:
Chiori:

If God were not real, it means He wouldn't exist. Then we, too, would never have been.

You should grow your "mind/brain"
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by dblock(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2007
Well if God wasn't real, it would mean that we are simply evolved organisms, that will live our futile lives then decay into the lithosphere.

We would have no purpose, but to explore and live our lives, hoping that there will be a tomorrow.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by jagunlabi(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2007
Just want to point out to the threadstarter that the "big bang" theory does not disprove the existence of a creator of the universe.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by GeeCee(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2007
I would rather live my life believeing there is a God and later die to discover that there is none than live my life as if there is no God and later die to discover that there is a God.

If i die and get to discover that He doesn't exist, i get to lose nothing. But if i live my life as if He doesn't exist and die to discover that He does, (Just cant imagine wat would happen)
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by tundewoods(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Chaz
Here's a bit of some advice but honestly i wouldn't recommend that allow your mind conceptualize or even ponder such things.remember this quote[b]," From the abundance of the heart,a man speaketh "[/b]

I refuse to ponder on such theories because to sincere they are conspiracy theories before the Lord God the creator of both the Heaven and the Earth

Another advice,have you ever take time to imagine how eternity will be,especially if one was in the wrong place,brother i bet you wouldn't want to go there.I can bet my last buck.

God Dey !
No be by Mouth but by Faith
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Papa(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2007
Well, I guess you've heard it all for yourself.

dblock:

Well if God wasn't real, it would mean that we are simply evolved organisms, that will live our futile lives then decay into the lithosphere.

We would have no purpose, but to explore and live our lives, hoping that there will be a tomorrow.

How miserable! Good point @dblock
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by doyenn(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2007
@chaz

If ytou can send me ur mail address I wld send you a doc that explains how everything happen.the big bang and others,dont keep that believe in ur mind about God.What we're not lucky to meet in this world is the instant judgement that he normally does in those old times.Had it been we experience such event,we wld have known who's who. I want you to look around you without anybody telling you that he exist,the signs are all over you.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Kuns: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
@All

My question is why would God choose a name that when you spell it backwards it reads Dog.
Knowing their are people like the Aramic Hebrews (Falashans' and other Ethiopians tribes) and the Arabic scholars who read from right to left.

When these people see the word God it read Dog to them. So why would God want to choose a name like that.

Somebody must of given him that name, Who really named God?

Was it the Greeks?

Theo (from where the word theory is derived) means God. So theo = God
The name God is also similar to the Germanic name Gud or Good.

Do your own reseach on this one, in the Torah the Word Elohiym is used in Genesis (Barashith) 1: 1
The word Eloh-im is a plural meaning more than one.
However, when this is translated into the KJV (Kings James Version) the Word God is use implying a Singular "being" (Eloh)

King James Bible
With Strongs Dictionary 

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning elohiym created1 853 the heaven and the earth.

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

To fully overstand the bible we need to understand the language it was written in. In the case of the Torah (old testament) it was written in Aramic Hebrew.

The Link provided above will take you to a strongs Corcordance lexicon bible with Hebrew and Greek translation.

Let do our re-seach (search again).

The lies start from Genesis 1 : 1 where they took the word Elohim (a plural) and interpreted it as a singular given us God.

The word Elohiym means "these being" and was taken from the Annunaqi (those who Anu Sent to earth in fifties/50) and put in the bible as god "singular", when in actuality the Torah Barashith (Genesis) 1: 1 describes these beings as Elohim meaning more than one (plurality).

Why was this put in the bible (kjv and co) as God (singular)?

Check the original translations out for yourself.

Like I always use to say don't believe me, check it out for yourselves.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Grouppoint(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
@Kuns,

You use terms like Anunaqui, Overstand and Re-search.

Are you a Nuwaubian?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2008
chaz:

What if the Scientist explanation of the beginning of the world was true 'the BIG BANG'. That would mean that there is no God and churches are not real, and the Bible and Quaran are fake! It would mean that there is no Hell or Heaven, no soul! How would human beings behave?

The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe whose primary assertion is that the universe has expanded into its current state from a primordial condition of enormous density and temperature

Question
: Where did this primordial condition of enormous density and temperature come from?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by dafidixone(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2008

Swiming in an ocean of fantasy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Lady2(f): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2008

There is no "what if God wasn't real?"

We seem to forget our history. No historian can claim that the prophets weren't real, or Christ wasn't real. It is aknown fact. So if they were real, why wouldn't God be?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2008
If God wasn't real, none of us will be existing today and typing these messages.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by A2J(m): 3:33am On Feb 07, 2008
Simply put:

No God = No Existence of anything
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 3:52am On Feb 07, 2008
imhotep:

The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe whose primary assertion is that the universe has expanded into its current state from a primordial condition of enormous density and temperature

Question
: Where did this primordial condition of enormous density and temperature come from?

It's difficult to be certain. Several cosmological theories and hypotheses propose different, though often similar in composition, scenarios for the state that led to the expansion of Space; however, since anything proposed is currently out of the scope currently available to scientists, nothing can be definite.

Kuns:

Theo (from where the word theory is derived) means God. So theo = God

Theory isn't derived from Theos.

The name God is also similar to the Germanic name Gud or Good.

Which is where the origins for the English word "God" can be found.

~Lady~:

There is no "what if God wasn't real?"

We seem to forget our history. No historian can claim that the prophets weren't real, or Christ wasn't real. It is aknown fact. So if they were real, why wouldn't God be?

That it can be determined that a prophet existed in history is not an indication that what that prophet said is true. History determines the existence of the person and not their metaphysical claims. So for example, that Zarathustra existed wouldn't be evidence that Ahura Mazda also does; or, tht Odysseus existed isn't evidence that Hera and Athena also exist.

imhotep:

If God wasn't real, none of us will be existing today and typing these messages.

A2J:

Simply put:

No God = No Existence of anything

Why?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by A2J(m): 4:39am On Feb 07, 2008
@KAG

John Chapter 1 verse 1-4 says:

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

I believe verse 3 answer your question you put to me and imhotep,
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by bawomol(m): 4:44am On Feb 07, 2008

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

this is a circular argument. u are using bible passages to proof a concept that originated from the bible?? what independent accounts PROOF that without God there wouldn't be existence??
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2008
A2J:

@KAG

I believe verse 3 answer your question you put to me and imhotep,

bawomol:

this is a circular argument. u are using bible passages to proof a concept that originated from the bible?? what independent accounts PROOF that without God there wouldn't be existence??

What he said.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 07, 2008
KAG:

Several cosmological theories and hypotheses propose different, though often similar in composition, scenarios for the state that led to the expansion of Space; however, since anything proposed is currently out of the scope currently available to scientists, nothing can be definite.

Question: where did the scenarios for the state that led to the expansion of space materialize from
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2008
imhotep:

Question: where did the scenarios for the state that led to the expansion of space materialize from

Findings and calculations in theoretical physics. Like I said previously, it's difficult to be certain which scenario is correct at the present moment, but in about a year or so, some theories will either be falsified or confirmed.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 07, 2008
KAG:

it's difficult to be certain which scenario is correct at the present moment, but in about a year or so, some theories will either be falsified or confirmed.
By the time they agree on the one almighty scenario, they would still have to ask about the [b]scenario [/b]that led to this one almighty scenario, and on, and on, and on,
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by samba123(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2008
IF you are a believer you should believe in existence in this Universe, if not you just one of the disbeliever that your mind are floating,
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Tasma: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2008
This sort of argument tends to go round and round in circles. Perhaps some things need to be clarified. From human observation of the universe there may be reason to believe there is a "force" behind the existence of everything we know. Even those that believe in evolution can claim a "designer" that set up the process from the outset. The existence and nature of this "force" is an interesting topic to dwell on.

Several posters here however seem to have ascribed to this force certain preconcieved notions. Which "God" is the poster talking about? If all posters agree that God exists does that mean the Christian, Muslim etc God are one and the same. Even within Christianity peoples perception of God's nature defer ( for example Catholics and Pentecostal churches). So which God exactly are we talking about?
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 10:45am On Feb 07, 2008
imhotep:

By the time they agree on the one almighty scenario, they would still have to ask about the [b]scenario [/b]that led to this one almighty scenario, and on, and on, and on,

Not necessarily. Although it certainly depends on which theory is right, there's no need for an infinite sequence, because something can emerge from nothing. For instance, virtual particles can come into existence in a vaccuum.

Tasma:

This sort of argument tends to go round and round in circles. Perhaps some things need to be clarified. From human observation of the universe there may be reason to believe there is a "force" behind the existence of everything we know. Even those that believe in evolution can claim a "designer" that set up the process from the outset. The existence and nature of this "force" is an interesting topic to dwell on.

I don't.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Tasma: 11:42am On Feb 07, 2008
Didn't say you did KAG. Just that some people might.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2008
KAG:

Not necessarily. Although it certainly depends on which theory is right, there's no need for an infinite sequence, because something can emerge from nothing. For instance, virtual particles can come into existence in a vaccuum.
Now, if the universe was initially a vaccum in which particles suddenly came into existence, the next question will be:

- What surrounded this vacuum; in what was it contained?
- What also contained the container of this vacuum?
- etc, etc, etc,etc.
Re: What If God Wasnt Real! by KAG: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2008
imhotep:

Now, if the universe was initially a vaccum in which particles suddenly came into existence, the next question will be:

- What surrounded this vacuum; in what was it contained?

Nothing.

- What also contained the container of this vacuum?
- etc, etc, etc,etc.

Nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The People God(s) Forgot / Marrying A Non-catholic! / 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.