Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu (41767 Views)

Cows Invade Awka Library Despite The Open Grazing Ban In Southern Nigeria- Video / Abdullahi Bello Bodejo To Fulani Herders: Don’t Obey Open Grazing Ban / You’re Unfit For Public Office’— Akeredolu Hits Bauchi Gov Over Defence Of Armed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by ezigr8(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
Abeg make court resume sharply make the fight go court.......

Can't wait for the legal battle between north and south......

Whom do you think will win in the legal battle on a level playing field? Your guess is as good as mine.

Like for south and share for north

29 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by saintmm(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
joey150:
Can these governor's speech/press writers ever write in plain and understandable english?

I can understand most of those complex words, but it's very unnecessary when you want to pass a clear message to the public.

I call it nonsensical writing.
I understand your point, but the main recipient of the speech challenged his intelligence in the first case. Imagine just an unknown newspaper editor telling a former NBA president, many renowned lawyers like Wike and co that their statement is illegal!
He needs to taste a dose of their intelligence.

I rise

31 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Ekpeitut: 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
Finally a true leader speaks!
Aketi you just made my day!

6 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
See "finishing"

4 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Sheggy13(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
joey150:
Can these governor's speech/press writers ever write in plain and understandable english?

I can understand most of those complex words, but it's very unnecessary when you want to pass a clear message to the public.

There is nothing nonsensical about this write up. Stop picking up issues where there are none. This piece by Aketi is meant to be a rebuttal to Garba Shehu and his Fulani co-conspirators who are supposedly learned and should easily grasp whatever imagined complexity you perceive in this piece. It's not addressed to market women or motor park touts. By the way, what's complex about words like mendacious, extraneous, pervasive, parochialism, delineated, for God's sake? These are words that ordinarily would be required by SS3 students to find synonyms to in their WASSCE exams.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by joey150(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2021
Sheggy13:

There is nothing nonsensical about this write up. Stop picking up issues where there are none. This piece by Aketi is meant to be a rebuttal to Garba Shehu and his Fulani co-conspirators who are supposedly learned and should easily grasp whatever imagined complexity you perceive in this piece. It's not addressed to market woman or motor park touts. By the way, what's complex about words like mendacious, extraneous, pervasive, parochialism, delineated, for God's sake? These are words that ordinarily would be required by SS3 students to find synonyms to in their WASSCE exams.
Young/old man, there's no need to write all those jargons.

Go and read a white house press release and read that so called speech. Then we can continue this conversation.
Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by aoshea18: 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
joey150:

You claim to understand the "complex" words used yet you're complaining for the "imaginary" public that can't understand it. Interestingly, your use of the word "complex" for these simple to understand words tells me you're the self-proclaimed spokesman and adjudicator for the so called "ignorant and uneducated public"

18 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by FLYFIRE(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
dejonathan:
And none of your igbo men's(governor) fit talk boldly like this
He is the person as chair to talk so it doesn't turn to child's play.
Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Fidelarinze9(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
You ve just got to love this man.

4 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by joey150(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
saintmm:

I understand your point, but the main recipient of the speech challenged his intelligence in the first case. Imagine just an unknown newspaper editor telling a former NBA president, many renowned lawyers like Wike and co that their statement is illegal!
He needs to taste a dose of their intelligence.

I rise

I appreciate this view.

5 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Princedapace(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2021
I love this man, wow. I want him as president, pls. He will protect the interest of southern Nigeria and make drastical changes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Jakumo(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2021
Governor Akeredolu's writing would bring a satisfied smile to the face of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, for the sheer poetry of his sentence construction and logical argumentation. Here are a few extracts that I absolutely love to read out loud, from the erudite governor's rejoinder to the ululations of a deranged lunatic who earlier declared his tribe's entitlement to grab land in southern Nigeria under the pretense of "problem-solving".

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has described Malam Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, as a pitiable messenger who does not know the limits of his relevance.

Chai ! Chai ! Chai ! Here are some more quotes.

“Anyone who has been following the utterances of this man, as well as his fellow travelers on the self-deluding, mendacious but potentially dangerous itinerary to anarchy, cannot but conclude that he works, assiduously, for extraneous interests whose game plan stands at variance with the expectations of genuine lovers of peaceful coexistence among all the peoples whose ethnic extractions are indigenous to Nigeria."

Only a seasoned legal practitioner gifted with total mastery of the English Language could craft a sentence like the one above. Wow !

But wait, there's more ha ha . Check it out.

"The declaration that the recommendations of the Minister of Agriculture, Alhaji Sabo Nanono, a mere political appointee like Garba Shehu, are now the “lasting solutions” which eluded all the elected representatives of the people of the Southern part of the country, exposes this man as a pitiable messenger who does not seem to understand the limits of his relevance and charge"

Without question, Governor Akeredolu is a man of towering intellectual capacity, a wordsmith of sublime talent, but above all, a leader of men, who will NEVER be cowed by the loud voices of semi-literate cow-worshippers hailing from Nigeria's desert wastelands and fundamentalist backwaters, whose delusions of grandeur compel them to issue one moronic declaration after another, in a FUTILE bid to become overlords empowered to grab ancestral land that never was, and never will be theirs to claim.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by ogmask: 1:46pm On May 25, 2021
Aketi doing what should have been done since 2015.
Anyway sha its still not too late to stop them in their infamous tracks.

6 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by OVIHINNO(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2021
My respect for this man is out of this World.
Nice response!

8 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by aoshea18: 1:48pm On May 25, 2021
joey150:

Young/old man, there's no need to write all those jargons.

Go and read a white house press release and read that so called speech. Then we can continue this conversation.

This your retort shows the way you think. Are you an American and is this America? I fail to understand your reference to white house press releases in this context. Akeredolu is not the President hence your white house analogy is very wrong. Perhaps you should have referred to the press releases of some of the Governors in America and even then your analogy would still be utter nonsense.

15 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by joey150(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2021
aoshea18:

You claim to understand the "complex" words used yet you're complaining for the "imaginary" public that can't understand it. Interestingly, your use of the word "complex" for these simple to understand words tells me you're the self-proclaimed spokesman and adjudicator for the so called "ignorant and uneducated public"

Read a white house press release.

I understand the fancier your English - regardless of the context or audience - the more intelligent you're perceived in Nigeria. I know. I know.
Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by tollyboy5(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2021
BigSarah:
grin This is exactly why Southerners will always be Northerners beaches, Arakunrin is just blowing grammar, whatever Garba and The northern bloc is plotting will still scale through...

Southerns need to wake up
How you end up being a bigot is what I don't understand.

If was nnamdi KANU statement you won't call it just blowing grammar. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by tope777(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2021
Quote of the day.

No inch of the space delineated and known, currently, as South West, and indeed the whole South, will be ceded to a band of invaders masquerading as herdsmen under any guise....”Akeredolu grin

14 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by duro4chang(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2021
I am beginning to like Akeredolu. Others will not talk now.

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by africandollar: 1:51pm On May 25, 2021
Chop knuckle joo Baba mi! Wa a sere laye! grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Lex620: 1:53pm On May 25, 2021
“No inch of the space delineated and known, currently, as South West, and indeed the whole South, will be ceded to a band of invaders masquerading as herdsmen under any guise.”
May you live long Sir. We dey your back.

6 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by spartan117(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2021
BigSarah:
grin This is exactly why Southerners will always be Northerners beaches, Arakunrin is just blowing grammar, whatever Garba and The northern bloc is plotting will still scale through...

Southerns need to wake up
You have already concluded that it will scale through without even doing anything. Who then is the "Northerners Beach"?
Stop giving these people more relevance than due, they are not God and can't win this war they started.

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Prolific2018: 1:53pm On May 25, 2021
Akeredolu for President...

5 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by BigSarah(f): 1:56pm On May 25, 2021
tollyboy5:

How you end up being a bigot is what I don't understand.

If was nnamdi KANU statement you won't call it just blowing grammar. undecided

There's no bigotry here just fact, and I don’t support MNK.. I SUPPORT ALL SECESSIONIST MOVEMENTS

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by joey150(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2021
aoshea18:

This your retort shows the way you think. Are you an American and is this America? I fail to understand your reference to white house press releases in this context. Akeredolu is not the President hence your white house analogy is very wrong. Perhaps you should have referred to the press releases of some of the Governors in America and even then your analogy would still be utter nonsense.

My point being, writing conversational english doesn't mean you're dumb or you skipped your English classes. I am not drawing comparison. But if that was a reply to a certain comment, I see no reason why it was rehearsed and written like some drama text.

Again, those words aren't overly difficult, they aren't everyday conversational english and I got put off reading it. That was supposed to be a simple reply to a spokesman and should have been as concise and clear as possible. Why take up my day when the headline is clearer than the entire text?

Look, that's my opinion. If you enjoyed it, then great.

I've only asked you to read other press releases to see how it's done in other climes.
Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Blessedassuranc(f): 2:00pm On May 25, 2021
Afonja2:

https://dailytrust.com/you-are-a-pitiable-messenger-akeredolu-hits-garba-shehu-over-grazing-ban

Chaiii!!! THIS GOVERNOR YOU REALLY GO SCHOOL WELL. NOT ALL THESE QUOTA SYSTEM MALLAMS ROAMING AROUND AS AGF ,MINISTERS,GOVERNORS AND ALL...

REAL UPPERCUT

7 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by OVIHINNO(m): 2:01pm On May 25, 2021
joey150:

What's your level of education?
I rather advice you go back to school

9 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Yonsxp: 2:07pm On May 25, 2021
grin

Osanobua!!! This is finishing.... Complete finishing, garbageshoe and his minions of buharis asslicker should gather here..

Pigs!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by Plusstreet(m): 2:07pm On May 25, 2021
Akeredolu you just made my day. I have been praying to Elohim to give you our representatives steel balls and here you proved you have one. Satan is a coward, once you shout at him, he leaves you alone. Continue telling them exactly what they are. Anarchists hiding under Buhari toga. Elohim thank you, our land is awakening.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2021
No inch of the space delineated and known, currently, as South West, and indeed the whole South, will be ceded to a band of invaders masquerading as herdsmen under any guise.”

This is what we have been telling those murderous land grabbers from futa jalon but they think it is a joke ! An inch of Yoruba land will never be ceded to any fulani under whatever guise. Over this issue,we are more than ready for war to make a big statement about what the Omo Alades are capable of doing. It is not fulanis that will defeat us on our land. It has never happened before and it won't happen now.

Buhari,Garba shehu,Malami,Bala Mohammed and all of you useless fulani land grabbers are mad ! You're all crazy. Ogun l'oma pa gbogbo eyin oloriburuku oshi yen danu !

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by jchioma: 2:11pm On May 25, 2021
Uhhh!

Dis pikin go real school. No be almajirai Fulani school.

See blasting:

"The easy recourse to mendacious uppity in pushing a barely disguised pernicious agendum is well understood."

“No inch of the space delineated and known, currently, as South West, and indeed the whole South, will be ceded to a band of invaders masquerading as herdsmen under any guise.”

EOD

6 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Ban: You Are A Pitiable Messenger, Akeredolu Hits Garba Shehu by realray(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2021
Very good they think is 1967, this time around all of us go put leg for one trouser.... Useless bunch of terrorist, criminals and supporter of APC....oloshi oloriburuku

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha: If It Means To Lock Down Again, We Will Not Shy Away / Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians / Female Suicide Bomber Hits UNIMAID Warning: Graphic Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.