Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (40473 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Dozie32(m): 5:29am On May 27, 2021
I've never entered plane before, the first one I will enter is a jet.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Majesticniyi(m): 5:30am On May 27, 2021
You have detailed information already from previous posts but just to reiterate, you would find it much easier than your fear right now, trust me cool

If in doubt, ask the officials. Na once person dey do mugu, after you don do JJC the first time, you go become boss when you wan fly next time. Better to ask and save yourself the stress of missing your flight.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Whoube99(f): 5:30am On May 27, 2021
The first thing you do is go round and be giving everyone onboard one slap each. And then, tell the pilot to clear welll & park that you wanna pee

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by frozen70(f): 5:36am On May 27, 2021
CaptainZubi:
I have my ticket already. Flight slated for next week. I decided to check out the domestic airport today and see things ahead of time but everything was so confusing . I tried asking one man i met at the departure entrance and he just dey squeez face like person wey never chop. I went back home empty handed. Everything is just confusing. Entering ezenwata , God is good or chisco no get wahala reach this .

I'll be travelling to Kano, when I enter the departure door, where should I go, what should I do. Abeg help my life, I'm just confused. Just describe the whole process for me. Also when I get to my destination what next.

Also in my ticket, I can see cabin book class YW. What does it mean.

pls help.

You don't need to be paranoid, get to airport 3hrs before departure, when you get there, you will see your airline front desk officer just like you will see other ones

Just tell them this is your first time of travelling, they will put you through

Whatever advice we give you here, may not work because their policies changes because of security

Don't just meet a random person, you will loose your ticket

Just go straight to the airline front desk, it's on a stand at the departure hall of MM 2

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by hofeshhomes: 5:37am On May 27, 2021
grin

just keep calm and fly
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by hakeem4(m): 5:38am On May 27, 2021
CaptainZubi:
I have my ticket already. Flight slated for next week. I decided to check out the domestic airport today and see things ahead of time but everything was so confusing . I tried asking one man i met at the departure entrance and he just dey squeez face like person wey never chop. I went back home empty handed. Everything is just confusing. Entering ezenwata , God is good or chisco no get wahala reach this .

I'll be travelling to Kano, when I enter the departure door, where should I go, what should I do. Abeg help my life, I'm just confused. Just describe the whole process for me. Also when I get to my destination what next.

Also in my ticket, I can see cabin book class YW. What does it mean.

pls help.
when you get there on your departure date everything would fall in place. you would see people and also ask questions
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by KaluwisxPRO: 5:41am On May 27, 2021
Your Airline will have a passenger stand where y’all will wait in the terminal building. just take a sit at the sitting area next to the check in desks, the Public Announcer will call your flight number and time at least 30min before boarding, or you can check the screen at the airport to see your flight schedule.
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 5:45am On May 27, 2021
Make sure you buy GUM before heading to the Airport. 4get what people flaunt on social media.
It's neva a Good experience esp. with LOCAL Flights. INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS have got good stability. U need try that too.
Finally, Before boarding ARIK Airbus B398 en route Lagos to Port Harcourt give ur life to Christ, the PILOT is a WHEELBARROW pusher.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by adecz: 5:51am On May 27, 2021
Na now wey planes dey crash
left, right & centre na him you wan
go enter 9ja plane for the first time❓❗❗
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:56am On May 27, 2021
U ll find ur ways.
Its nothing hard.
Jus ask questions
Go 2hr earlier
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by cluewebhost(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2021
Just go much earlier and follow anyone going where you're going and do what they're doing.

It's not complicated

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by bibiking7(m): 5:58am On May 27, 2021

Your airline has a counter in the airport. They will put you through.
It's like entering a luxurious bus with a toilet in it. No stopping on the road to buy gala. Kano should not be more than 1 hour 45.
Also note that the toilet has a metal plate in it and not water. Enjoy your trip. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:58am On May 27, 2021
[quote author=adecz post=102100797]

Na now wey planes dey crash
left, right & centre na him you wan
go enter 9ja plane for the first time❓❗❗[/quote
]
Road is terrible
Accident
Time
Potholes
Kidnapper
Bandit
Robber
Ungun know men
Cow
Hold up
Haters
Etc
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by threegees(f): 6:01am On May 27, 2021
chatinent:
Funnily enough, while on board, when you start behaving like you know what you are doing, everyone will start knowing you are a novice.

It's magical.
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by COdeGenesis: 6:06am On May 27, 2021
threegees:

Hi #chatinent
Still hopeful I get the giveaway.
Please help me out

THIS EARLY MORNING
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:13am On May 27, 2021
Once you board, courtesy demand you go straight to the cockpit to greet the pilots. From there, you can demand your meal from the air hostess before finding your seat.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by WetSmoke: 6:25am On May 27, 2021
While at the departure lounge, listen attentively as flights are being announced. That their voice no de clear o.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Englishisamust: 6:28am On May 27, 2021
When you enter the plane just call the pilot crew that you want to fly out of the plane when the plane take off. Safe journey bro!!
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Ontopall: 6:29am On May 27, 2021
Do what you know
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by zoedew: 6:36am On May 27, 2021
Just do what you are told at the airport! The signposts are overhead to give you directions.
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Omoobaigwe2sure(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2021
Why wasting your money unnecessary when u can easily get yourself free Edo airline. It is free without any street, just consult ur booking office under d nearest banana trees.
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:41am On May 27, 2021
When you the airport. Look for the departure terminal. After that look for your airline and go and check in. Then ask the person in the checking counter they will tell you what next to do. Try to ask questions when you are confused.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by faithfull18(f): 6:42am On May 27, 2021
Eat before you board oh, they don't give snacks anymore asides 33cl Aquadana bottled water.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by TimmyTen(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2021
In addition to this,
If you don’t have much luggage (around 6kg) approach the check in counter( airline booked stand) with your valid ID and ticket reference then proceed to the departure hall pay attention for your flight to be announced…. Note your ID and and boarding pass will be checked before boarding

You are allowed to carry 6kg hand luggage into the cabin with you the hostesses will show you where to keep it ,if you have more than 6kg ensure you check in your main luggage first, airlines allow between 20 to 25kg luggage in addition to your hand luggage, also the luggage will be weighed at the check in counter if it’s above the kg accepted by the airline you will be charged for excess luggage…. Your luggage code and seat number will be on your boarding pass, keep it safe cos you will need it to clear your luggage at arrival… Ensure you don’t have any compressed liquids such as perfumes etc in your hand luggage else the immigration officers will seize it…
delpee:

The airport officials and crew of the airline are always there to guide you.

However, once you check in at the appropriate counter for your airline of choice, go to the departure lounge. You'll pass your hand luggage through a scanning machine. Don't get carried away by ambience of the lounge ( depending on the airport). Listen attentively to the announcements so that you know when your plane arrives or it's time to board.

Proceed to the designated tarmac (ask the officials at the exit door) once the plane is ready for boarding.
Don't go and enter Maiduguri plane instead of Kano. grin

You'll join a queue by the plane for your ticket to be checked before you climb the steps to enter the plane. Once you get in, the hostess will show you your seat if you're not sure. It will be nice if you get to seat by the window so you can enjoy the view. The hostess will show you how to fasten your seat belt. Hopefully, you'll be served some snacks and juice/water later.

When you get tò Kano, just follow others as they proceed to the arrival lounge where you'll collect your checked in luggage if any. You go out of the airport from there to get a cab. Though more expensive, you're safer with registered cabs in a town that you're not familiar with.

Have a safe flight and enjoyable stay in Kano.

Tell us your experience after.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Brunicekid(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2021
Wow... This thread is very much useful for someone I know... I will relay this to the person.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Offpoint1: 6:45am On May 27, 2021
Babzcom:
Make sure you go to the airport on time, one or two hours before your departure.

The time is in 24 hours clock o. Make sure you don't do that mistake. I've seen someone missed a flight because of this.

Go to the departure area .

Locate the counter of the airline you booked

You might see two counters of the same airline, cause another flight might be going to Abj. Ask the people on the queue.

Normally they usually indicate it on the counter, but due to the long queue you might not see the information.

After that, Show them the ticket sent to your email from your phone.

If you have luggage, you will be directed to where to weigh it. Ur luggage no. Will be sealed to your ticket.

Also you can go in with your hand luggage that is less than 7kg .

After security check , you have just check in automatically.

Chill at the lounge till you hear announcement. You won't hear it clearly, just make sure you put an eye on someone you see on the queue. Dey use eye mark am... from there everything is easy. Enjoy your flight.

The flight attendant will demonstrate everything to you when you're inside the plane before take off...

For MAKIA e dey easy to locate your luggage for Arrival.

Is this your first time visiting kano?
What kind of ID is acceptable for local flights? Must one have Nigeria passport?
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by NewDelhi(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2021
You might think you know it all until you find yourself in Beijing daxing international airport . Even regular fliers always get lost and confused .

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Brunicekid(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Sunofgod:
Do as others do;....
This can be dangerous at times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) / Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.