Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do (536 Views)

What Do You Say When A Girl Asks Where You Got Her Number From? / Women And Their Cooking Styles (before You Say I Do) / How Do You Say " I LOVE YOU" In Your Indigenous Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by creative11(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2021
5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU SAY I DO

Bisi Adewale

As you are preparing to get married, many things must be in place and you must get committed to them. Unfortunately, many people get married without considering them. They are biting their fingers today. So, kindly do these things before you say "Yes, I do". Proverbs 24:27 (KJV)
1. HAVE AN ALL-ROUND PREPARATION: Prepare physically, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, financially and intellectually. Get yourself ready in every aspect of your life before you get married. Proverbs 16:1,3 (KJV)

2. GET TO KNOW THE PERSON YOU WANT TO MARRY: You must know the person you want to marry inside-out. Of course, you can't know anybody 100%, but you must know enough to keep you safe and secure. You must know enough to live a life of peace and joy. So, make your investigation; check past social media posts and pictures of the person. They may speak volumes. Ask probing questions; pay unscheduled visits; be sensitive when you visit; ask the Holy Spirit to show you things. Don’t ever go into a marriage blindly, you may live to regret it.

3. GET EVERY NECESSARY THING BEFORE MARRIAGE: Get your apartment, household properties, kitchen utensils, etc. You can't get married and stay with your parents and relatives. Get your home ready.

4. G[b]ET ADEQUATE TRAINING[/b]: Most young ones prepare for a wedding but do nothing to get them ready for marriage. This explains why many marriages are ending in divorce and lots who remain in it are enduring it. Genesis 14:14 (KJV)
Before going into marriage, get adequate training. Get yourself more than ready.
• Learn about money, in-laws and conflict management in marriage Ecclesiastes 7:12 (KJV)
• Learn about pregnancy and delivery 1 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
• Learn about gender, temperament and personality differences.
• Learn about tolerance, forgiveness, intimacy, submission, affection, togetherness and teamwork in marriage. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (KJV)
You see, there are many things you need to know which you may never learn within the four walls of a conventional school. You need to undergo special training on this.
Attend a marriage school, attend premarital training, read books and have a family mentor. By all means, make yourself ready for marriage.
5. FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS: Do everything right before going into that marriage. Fulfill all righteousness; obey your church leadership; pass through all the phases of training; do all the tests. Let marriage be honorable. There should be no sex before marriage; no cohabitation and sinful attitudes. Do everything right. Matthew 3:15 (KJV)

https://dailyfamily.ng/5-things-to-do-before-you-say-i-do/

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by richmond500: 4:42pm On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:42pm On May 27, 2021
I love this so much
Thank u GOD bless
Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by richmond500: 4:43pm On May 27, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
I love this so much
Thank u GOD bless
anty, u are approaching 40 o, u no go just say I do, make that woman for village no use make prayer point again.

Modified, I was dangerously destroyed by the two commenters below me, lemme goan cry grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:46pm On May 27, 2021
richmond500:
anty, u are approaching 40 o
am approaching the old age, are u approaching kindergarten little one? Did we fail to wish u happy children day eh baby

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by SweetPoison22: 4:47pm On May 27, 2021
richmond500:
anty, u are approaching 40 o, u no go just say I do, make that woman for village no use make prayer point again
Don't be foolish. Not everyone is like your sister, learn to respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by happykidArotiba(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2021
So correct
U see, especially checking old social media posts ehn... It goes a long way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by chatinent: 5:26pm On May 27, 2021
Whatever happened to minding my business.

Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by Michelle55: 8:56pm On May 27, 2021
Nice write up.. Those of you going into marriage to rush out in 5months time, kindly take note and the ones about to tie the knot soon, please heed to this.
God bless everyone of us!
Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by Ishilove: 9:04pm On May 27, 2021
creative11:
5 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU SAY I DO

2. GET TO KNOW THE PERSON YOU WANT TO MARRY: You must know the person you want to marry inside-out. Of course, you can't know anybody 100%, but you must know enough to keep you safe and secure. You must know enough to live a life of peace and joy. So, make your investigation; check past social media posts and pictures of the person. They may speak volumes. Ask probing questions; pay unscheduled visits; be sensitive when you visit; ask the Holy Spirit to show you things. Don’t ever go into a marriage blindly, you may live to regret it.

Hehe. There are some brothers who will not allow you visit them in their homes. If you like talk from now till tomorrow, they will still refuse. If you ask probing questions, they will vex. Real vexing o, not fake vexing. The experience of someone I know.

Wo, in some cases you just need blind faith and the Holy Spirit's guidance in matters like this. And prayer. Don't forget prayer because all you have going are the words of your betrothed.

But the op is right about knowing who you're going to marry. Never go into marriage blindly to avoid stories that leave the eyes misty.
Re: 5 Things To Do Before You Say I Do by Hathor5(f): 9:32pm On May 27, 2021
Life doesn't work this way. You can never plan and prepare everything in advance. Life is full of surprises and you never get everything finished at once. Even if you get married relatively late in life, there will always be things you will be striving to achieve and improve.

Also, don't wait till you have prepared yourself completely because you will learn, re-learn and change for the rest of your life and marriage is meant to be the place where you grow and improve your lives together.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ten Dangerous Qualities Of A Woman / Don't Get Entangled / Looking For A Girl For Sexual Encounters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.