Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League (33340 Views)

Erling Haaland And Guardiola Won UEFA Men’s Player And Coach Of The Year Award / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Lamasta(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2021
Congrats Chukwueze

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by welis1(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]see how chelsea lifted Nigerians. Blues for life
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by elmessiahs(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2021
You reach final you no fit win small Villarreal...no be juju be that
Up blues
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Abalado(f): 8:38pm On May 27, 2021
InyinyaAgbaOku:
4/6

Igbo Amaka

Igbo - the face of Nigeria's national football
Igbo amaka kee u there
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Maski87: 8:40pm On May 27, 2021
InyinyaAgbaOku:
4/6

Igbo Amaka

Igbo - the face of Nigeria's national football
Igbo=face of Nigeria full stop
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Maski87: 8:41pm On May 27, 2021
Him nah biafran nah
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by zolajpower: 8:47pm On May 27, 2021
robosky02:
Chukwueze joins exclusive list of Nigerians to have won UEFA Europa League

Samuel Chukwueze has joined the list of Nigerian players who have the UEFA Europa League after his club Villarreal defeat Manchester United in the 2020-2021 final on Wednesday.

The 22-year-old Nigerian international missed the final due to the ankle injury he suffered in the semi-final against Arsenal, but his mates did well to see off Manchester United in the thrilling contest.

Top scorer Gerrard Moreno put the Yellow Submarines in from on the 29th minutes before Edison Cavani hauled United back into the game with a second-half equalizer.

There was no further goal in the game, but the Yellow Submarines held them to triumph 11-10 in the shoot-out after 120 minutes.

Chukwueze is now the sixth Nigerian to lift the title after

Mikel Obi,

Victor Moses,

Nwankwo Kanu,

Taribo West, and

Chidi Odiah.

It is also the first-ever European title in the history of Villarreal, but UEFA Cup/Europa League title for their coach Unai Emery has been is Fourth trophy.

http://www.brila.net/chukwueze-joins-exclusive-list-of-nigerians-to-have-won-uefa-europa-league/
The list is incomplete without the big boss of anderlecht. Bros know ur history . Steven okechukwu keshi won it first .
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by 4wards: 8:52pm On May 27, 2021
me ma
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by geonell(m): 8:52pm On May 27, 2021
Congratulations to them.
Mean while on the other side of the news, we are always at your finger tips for
Better services delivery.
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 27, 2021
Philomiina:
Chukwueze we see, watch out for chukwuemeka

You mean the dude at Villa Park
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2021
Igbo amaka ooooo
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by robosky02(m): 8:55pm On May 27, 2021
zolajpower:

The list is incomplete without the big boss of anderlecht. Bros know ur history . Steven okechukwu keshi won it first .

You are not correct
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Jlow2: 8:58pm On May 27, 2021
No Hausa Fulani buhari must hear this
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by robosky02(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2021
5. five of the continent's outstanding winners of Europe's secondary club competition

#5 Victor Moses
Moses only truly established himself at Chelsea in the 2016-17 season, when he became a key figure in Antonio Conte’s first team as the Blues won the Premier League title.

It became easy to forget just how peripheral Moses used to be at Stamford Bridge during the previous seasons as he finally made a niche for himself at the club, before eventually being sent out on loan after Conte's departure.

He actually won the Europa League back in 2013, less than a year after signing for the club, playing 10 games and scoring five for the West Londoners en route to the title.

Now on loan at Inter Milan, could he win a second title this year when he contests Friday's final against Sevilla?

#4 Taribo West
West may have burned out too young, but he still enjoyed a successful start to his career, packed with honours and silverware aplenty.

He won the Olympic gold medal with Nigeria, and also featured for the Super Eagles at two World Cups.

He won the French title and two French Cups with Auxerre, but achieved arguably his greatest career success when he clinched the UEFA Cup with Internazionale in 1998.

While Inter won the final comfortably—trouncing Lazio 3-0—West was dismissed in the 82nd minute.

#3 Freddie Kanoute
The only non-Nigerian on this list, Kanoute was a two-time Uefa Cup winner with Sevilla, with whom he enjoyed the finest years of his career.

As well as being the first non-African-born player to win Caf’s African Footballer of the Year award, Kanoute is also the only one of the continent’s stars to have won the Europa League on two occasions, enjoying back-to-back triumphs in 2006 and 2007.

He also won two Spanish Cups during a trophy-laden spell with Sevilla.

#2 John Obi Mikel
One of only two African players to have won both of Europe’s top two continental club competitions when he was part of Chelsea’s Europa League-winning team in 2013.

Mikel had previously featured as the Blues beat Bayern Munich to win the Champions League the year beforehand, but was an unused substitute—along with Moses—as Benfica were defeated 2-1 in Amsterdam a year later.

The Nigeria international enjoyed over a decade of service for the Blues, and recently signed for Stoke City.

#1 Nwankwo Kanu
Kanu became the first African player to win both the Champions League and the Europa League when his Internazionale side thumped Lazio 3-0 in the 1998 final in Paris.

The Nigeria superstar had earlier won the continent’s grandest prize with Ajax, although he was an unused substitute for Inter as they put their Serie A rivals to the sword.

He would come off the bench in the final two years later, as Arsenal were defeated on penalties by Galatasaray.
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by kingmsookwagh(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2021
So, he couldn't tie the Nigerian flag ahbi
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by robosky02(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2021
Chidi odia

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by shadyLP(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=fergie001 post=102123619]Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/quote
Idiot!]
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Luigi02(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2021
See how man u fans are avoiding this thread grin

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Santoss23: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
No be small
fergie001:
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by hofeshhomes: 9:43pm On May 27, 2021
Naija players to the world!

This is their season.
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by JTCHI: 9:54pm On May 27, 2021
Congrats brother, keep flying!
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2021
Abia State Amaka...
Michelle55 .. Baby what do you think and have to say ??
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Michelle55: 10:06pm On May 27, 2021
ABANGWABOI:
Abia State Amaka...
Michelle55 .. Baby what do you think and have to say ??
Let's pepper the Man U family small, that's our brother making us proud grin in fact, my heart just dey do Tinini Tanana since Villarreal win that trophy cheesy
Man U fans right now below

Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2021
Michelle55:

Let's pepper the Man U family small, that's our brother making us proud grin in fact, my heart just dey do Tinini Tanana since Villarreal win that trophy cheesy
Man U fans right now below

Lol... I don't know why I have a deep seated hatred for that team.. maybe cos I am an arsenal fan and I witnessed the glory Okoro days of SAF as their Coach.. d only club in the world that can make me support manutd in a match they play is when they play against Barca ...
My two most hated club..
1. Barcelona
2. Manchester utd..

Babe just avoid me on Saturday cos I hate PEP and city, I would support my London brothers that day. .. grin grin
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by mrkings84(m): 10:24pm On May 27, 2021
costandi:
Chukwu is always Eze over Devils, even the Red onesgrin

How can I be a fan to a club that nicknamed a devil, red one in that matter!

Chukwu is Eze!!
Re: Chukwueze Joins List Of Nigerians To Have Won UEFA Europa League by Michelle55: 10:28pm On May 27, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

Lol... I don't know why I have a deep seated hatred for that team.. maybe cos I am an arsenal fan and I witnessed the glory Okoro days of SAF as their Coach.. d only club in the world that can make me support manutd in a match they play is when they play against Barca ...
My two most hated club..
1. Barcelona
2. Manchester utd..

Babe just avoid me on Saturday cos I hate PEP and city, I would support my London brothers that day. .. grin grin
LOL, avoid you keh, I go even call you to join me and celebrate as we battle with Man City.
Barca na im worse pass, ordinary Granada come beat dem for their home.. I just watch as my neighbor dey cry like small pikin that day, dude was already jubilating as per say Barca dey beat Granada 1-0 first half not knowing say dance step go change for second half cheesy
Na me tell am to go cash out before everything go burst, bros no gree. Las Las, Barca no gree win upon every every cheesy
Laugh wan kee me that day, bros no gree talk to me for days, say na me jinx the game.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs France: Sat Guru Maharaji Predicts Victory For Super Eagles / Alex Iwobi Shares Photo Of His Family (Photo) / World Athletics Bans Transgender Women From Women's Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.